• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you considered a "nerd" at school?

Merzbau

it's just a ride.
    Years
    I'm a little off-kilter.

But if you talk to me, you'll think I'm cool.

And I have a lot of friends, however close they may be.

I'll never deny that I'm a tad bit left field though.

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
    If you mean 'nerd' as in not popular, er... I don't know. I think that doesn't apply here. Nobody is like really popular so nobody can't be un-popular either. D:

If you mean as in good grades and everything, yeah, my friends always joke about me having been born knowing everything and that kind of stuff. It's sometimes annoying to have the role of the intelligent man because they notice when I make a mistake. XD

Drakorn

[b][color=red]Skarmory is love[/color][/b]
    Years
    No people don't consider me ar a nerd but they say they consider me as smart. I don't know why I'm considered as smart because I do the same work as them but add a bit more information then what average people do.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    Um. No xD

want proof? Just see my last report card <.<

But I'm not popular either. O_o But my friends are [/jealousy]

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    I'm not treated like one, but I won't lie. I know I am one.
    I'm a science freak, I LOVE learning about space

I'm also a gamer(mainly RPGs), anime otaku(closet thank GOD), and I'm not a computer whiz, but I'm smart enough about them the make my dad feel stupid XD;

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Nerd? Nothing near that, my science and maths grades are falling as we speak... I'm just a little hyper girl x3
    I really know nothing about the strategic parts of Pokémon.

B-Baller

My ballin' is br00tal
    Years
    I'm a lot of things at school. Nerd (cos people say I'm smart...straight A's FTW), jock (captain of one of our school basketball teams), band geek (rock band, thank you very much) and your all around popular/friendly person (I was in the Student Council).

Yeah. One of my friends always go on about it. "You know, I've never met a smart geek who plays basketball, is in a band, listens to heavy metal, is in the Student Council and is well liked."

Yeah. I love myself. xD

Spaekle Oddberry

this is why i'm hot
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 31, 2013
    I hang out with a big group of general weirdos, art kids, kinda-sorta 'scene' people I guess but we don't talk to them much, people who fancy themselves /b/tards, and we're a pretty motley crew. Of course, stupid people can't comprehend the concept of some people not fitting in specialized little clique boxes and a lot of us wear black, so we're classified as 'emo' by the masses. That, and some have taken to calling us 'queers', only I live in West Virginia so with the hicks it sounds more like 'kwurrrrz'.

Surprisingly, though, I've never been called a nerd. 'Pocket-protector dork' and 'Smart person', sure, but not 'nerd'.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2012
    IM LYKE SSSSOOO POPULA
    People say I'm popular, but I don't think so. >-<

PunkerThanThou

way too punx for giraffes.
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 31, 2008
    Uh, hells yes. Pretty much everyone at my school is a nerd though, because a lot of people at my school are math freaks. :| Not me. But then again I'm the kind of person who goes bird watching during my free time, so...lolzzz

Degenerate

Immortal
    Years
    Why do I get the feeling some people would rather have bad grades/report cards than be considered a nerd. XD

I consider myself a bit of nerd (more of a geek though), not in the straight A's super smart kinda way, but more in the geeky type of things I like to do in my pastimes kinda way.

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    Well, at my school, we had two definitions that relayed closely to what 'nerd' means.

First there was being a 'nerd', which was more like just being an obessesd hobbyist, who did really well in what they liked, but sucked at everything else.

Then there was being a 'geek', which in turn is the meaning of 'nerd' as it's seen in this thread, where you're unpopular-ish but get good grades.

Yeah, so I was semi-nerd, major hobbyist, loved sports and got bad grades. XP

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Dear all of you, you're answering this on a Pokemon forum. The answer is yes. You're a nerd. Your friends at school just might not know it. Yet.

I'm not a nerd. Of course not.

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2016
    I am not as popular as some of the people I know, but I am definately not a nerd. I have a large social life along with my non-social life.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Define Nerd.

If you mean a point dexter who no one likes, then heavens no. I'm massively popular, just check my bebo account or my Myspace.

As in smart? well, I know a lot of stuff, and pretty swift with VGs, so spose so.

Back