• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you considered a "nerd" at school?

Degenerate

Immortal
    Years
    Define Nerd.

If you mean a point dexter who no one likes, then heavens no. I'm massively popular, just check my bebo account or my Myspace.

As in smart? well, I know a lot of stuff, and pretty swift with VGs, so spose so.

lol well according to FauxCivility, you're a nerd by default just for posting here :P

Natalie♥

Not even the sky is the limit
    Years
    To my friends, I'm the nerd of the group. I really care about getting good grades, they just want to pass.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Pfft, his logic is flawed, it is made of lies.
    Mmm, people perceive what they want. I'm sure it's very easy to see how my soundproof logic is flawed to you, simply because you don't want to admit that it may hold truth.

greatpuffyfish

ummm idk
    Years
    no iam not im actually popular.... im serious but the side ppl dont see about me is a huge nerd!!!!!!!! no1 knows at my school tht i like pokemon if anyone did i would become a nerd but i hate the preppy kids who pick on the nerds thts y i hang out with everone including nerds but i dont call them nerds there just smart and no1 is really a nerd ya some ppl might be all preppy and have alot of girls/boys after them but smart ppl are going to get farther in life i wish i was smart!!!!! i envy u guys!!! :) :)

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    Hmm.

I get really good grades and am going into all honors classes next year, and grades mean a lot. But I don't like being called a nerd for that, though people say I am; I just actually care, unlike them.

I don't act like one, though... One nerd I know talks about computers and things like that 24/7. :\

Rebellious Treecko

The coolest.
    Years
    I like technonolgy and video games and I'm pretty smart, but people don't call me a "nerd" for that.
    I'm just very unpopular at my school. I get teased more than anyone else. (figures)

I see the term "nerd" as a compliment sometimes; like you're good at computers and stuff.

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
    Harrgrrtttppppfffttt.....No....Maybe.... Hell yes I am!
    I hate it so bad!
    Ehh....I've even got the classic nerd look......
    Eh I guess I'm destined to be a nerd for the rest of my life.
    Oh well,
    I guess It's better than being a 'tard!
    lol!

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I am a nerd, in both definitions of unpopular and smart superior

Seriously i am very unpopular in my school because:

I wear glasses
    I like Pokemon
    I am random
    I am a tad overweight( and people 10 times fatter than me aren't minded!)
    I am Jim Carrey, maybe overdone a bit
    I am smartest but laziest
    I ask for pencils every 3 days( or sharpeners)
    _____

All that makes me an Arhorribleistic unpopular Nerd, for my grade that is, my fifth grade teacher had me as her class fave and is telling students many of my tales, so to lower grades, i am a king with glasses, not a nerd. But talking reallity in my grade, yes.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    Nerd: an intelligent but single-minded person obsessed with a nonsocial hobby or pursuit: a computer nerd. www.dictionary.com
    using that definition s a base I'd have to say both yes and no are my answer.
    Yes because I'm crazy over computers and the internet. (also pictures, listening to music, and Specifically Apple compys)
    I have had glasses since i was like 13 months
    I cannot seem to gain any wieght (except if I eat cafeteria food from my old college, Blechhhh)

No because I am not the smartest. I may be smart in some areas, like computers, but when t comes to stuff like english, science I'm pretty average. Math I'm horrible at.

greatpuffyfish

ummm idk
    Years
    ok ppl on here i dont consider anyof u ppl being nerds i used to get teased not anymore and i hateppl who tease "nerds" so ya pokemon rox oky so if u like pokemon then ur cool to me!!! :)

Cloud_85

Templar Patriarch
    Years
    Mmm, Nerd??? no, I really don't like study alot. But that doesnt mean that I'm a jerk, my grades are in the middle. I'm a kind of smart but not the "all-knowledge guy", only intelligent for some thinks.

But I have some nerd thinks like game a RPG gamer freak, but sometimes. and I wear glasses, but that last one I looks like stupid cause If u think, I'm nerd cause I have glasses, It's an stereotipical think that makes me so angry.

And, Why to be in a pokemon forum u have to be nerd, it's other think that I don understand, The stereotypes are so annoying.

Last edited:

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    I am not a nerd. I am an example of jack of all trades, king of nothing.

Here, we don't label people as nerds, because we found a better substitute word: smart. And we don't like using our memory cells to remember labels like goths and such.

Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    I really care about my academics, but I hate doing homework. So honesly, I get good grades but I hate doing homework.

Years
    • MA
    • Seen Jul 26, 2008
    ..My grades suck, if that's what being a 'nerd' refers to, so..no xD

Otherwise, I'm fairly popular at school considering the fact that my highschool only has like, maybe 400 people in it XD;

Hell yeah I am. Dude, look at me..right now. I'm in the back of math class blowing off my work, hanging on a pokemon forum. I'm a complete nerd xD

I don't look like what you would imagine a nerd to be like, I'm fairly athletic and have an active social life, and none of my friends see me as one, but the fact that I'm even here right now labels me as one completely xD

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Depends on what you mean by "Nerd". If a nerd is defined based on grades, yes, I would be considered one as most of my grades are above average. If by nerd, you mean an intelligent social reject, then I still wouldn't be considered a nerd. I'm by no means popular - quite many people have tried making fun of me for one reason or another, but most people learn to keep their mouth shut after being verbally pwned by me so that's no real problem. =P I'm popular among the people I want to be around anyway so I don't mind.

Olz.

The Magic Auroa
    Years
    Well on what Smarties said. I think yea, i am. I'm not very popular. My Grades are above adverage. And i'm bullied at school, So yes i guess i am :D

Back