• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you For or Against Gay Marriage?

Are you for or against gay marriage?

• For gay marriage

Votes: 97 51.6%
  • Against gay marriage

Votes: 57 30.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 34 18.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
    @ achamo: im not sayin ur cereal. havent u ever heard the saying "fruitloops are like gay cheerios?"

no, actually.
    I haven't heard of it.

Thats a very...
    "Breakfastic" i'll say
    way to put it.

Spoiler:

There is something in my mind.
    Why take away a freedom because YOU don't want to see it become legal?

Drummershuff

Ultimate Blargification
    Years
    Great who brought this thread alive again!!

anyways like I said a month ago I'm still against gay marriage but I don't care much about it
    That was a pretty pointless reply. If your opinions haven't changed, why bother to post?
    Do I get a cookie now?
    Dude...
    Best. Sentence. Ever.
    No.
    This is the last place to look for anything like that.
    I'm cereal?
    Last time I posted in here I said that posts should be related to gay marriage. Your post doesn't show that at all, and because I've previously cautioned you about off topic-ness, you shall be getting a warning for spamming and having an attitude with other members.
    @ achamo: im not sayin ur cereal. havent u ever heard the saying "fruitloops are like gay cheerios?"
    Um, point being?
    no, actually.
    I haven't heard of it.

Thats a very...
    "Breakfastic" i'll say
    way to put it.

Spoiler:

There is something in my mind.
    Why take away a freedom because YOU don't want to see it become legal?
    That was kinda off topic too. Wow.
    What a pointless responde what was your point of replying to my post?
    That was also a pretty pointless reply. Best to report pointless posts next time. Thanks. ^_^;

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
    Years
    That was a pretty pointless reply. If your opinions haven't changed, why bother to post?

Last time I posted in here I said that posts should be related to gay marriage. Your post doesn't show that at all, and because I've previously cautioned you about off topic-ness, you shall be getting a warning for spamming and having an attitude with other members.

Um, point being?

That was kinda off topic too. Wow.

That was also a pretty pointless reply. Best to report pointless posts next time. Thanks. ^_^;

i had a point, he wanted to kno wut i meant by wut i said in a previous post so i explained it

The Real AAA

Guess who's back!
    Years

um yeah by religion I'm against it but I really don't care now as i did be4 cause now I just don't care about Gay Marriage
    since it's not my problem

Yeah ok I will report a pointless post next time but all I just wanted to know is what was his point, since his responde didn't make sence to my post

Craig²

H a p p y☆
    Years
    But I mean, Marriage is the church's thing, so if the church doesn't believe in gay marriage although it is sad, it prevents gay marriages. I don't see what all of the churches are really against here; they can't really say gay marriage is against god when they've done so many things against god in the first place!

^ Just my opinion.

Xairmo

Years
    But I mean, Marriage is the church's thing, so if the church doesn't believe in gay marriage although it is sad, it prevents gay marriages. I don't see what all of the churches are really against here; they can't really say gay marriage is against god when they've done so many things against god in the first place!

^ Just my opinion.

i agree wit u. they say bein gay is a sin but hey, its not like theyre perfect. so screw them i kno that the god above me will always love and except me. and if churches think they can stop me from gettin married they got another thing comin

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years

^ Just my opinion.
    And that's a really unfair opinion, let alone disgustingly inaccurate.

i agree wit u. they say bein gay is a sin but hey, its not like theyre perfect. so screw them i kno that the god above me will always love and except me. and if churches think they can stop me from gettin married they got another thing comin

And what are you gonna do to them? Maybe because you ARE ONE OF THEM. Seriously, wtf are you getting at saying Christians are hypocritical and saying you are one of them at the same time?!

You guys are seriously calling all christians hypocrites?

>.>;;

Craig²

H a p p y☆
    Years
    And that's a really unfair opinion, let alone disgustingly inaccurate.

And what are you gonna do to them? Maybe because you ARE ONE OF THEM. Seriously, wtf are you getting at saying Christians are hypocritical and saying you are one of them at the same time?!

You guys are seriously calling all christians hypocrites?

>.>;;

(A) How am I inaccurate?

(B) I am Christian and it seems you took my comment out of context. I am saying that some Christians are hypocritical, but not all of them. I maybe be Christian but that simply means (to me at least) that I believe in that religion, not that I agree with the church on their choices.

Besides the church can't actually stop gay marriage completely, as I believe it is still accepted by the church in some countries and getting married under the church simply makes marriage offical, which really isn't needed anyway. You can have an unoffical partnership; that's what most do.

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
    Then why do you implore that every christian that doesn't want gay marriage is a horrible person?

Plus, your post isn't that bad, but reading that other guys, pure blind fury.

I meant it inaccurate because every person that doesn't want gay marriage isn't a bad person. They're just holding what's dear to them above all else. And that's their religion.

And please give me a point in time in which every single christian went against god.

Craig²

H a p p y☆
    Years
    Then why do you implore that every christian that doesn't want gay marriage is a horrible person?

I meant it inaccurate because every person that doesn't want gay marriage isn't a bad person. They're just holding what's dear to them above all else.

And please give me a point in time in which every single christian went against god.

Again, taken out of context. I don't think everyone who is against gay marriage is a horrible person. That's simply their opinion and I respect that and I do see their point, but I just don't agree.

I know that; I wasn't trying to imply that everyone who is against it is a bad person.

Drummershuff

Ultimate Blargification
    Years
    This is the first time in PC history I've seen this kind of thing.

I revived the thread from the five days of dieing.
    why else would I ask for a cookie?
    You do get what I mean by not posting anything that doesn't have to do with the thread, right?

So for ignoring previous warnings and doing exactly what I asked you not to do, another warning is in order.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    Err, well wait a second there. I can understand that you're uneasy about seeing two people of the same gender kissing, that part doesn't bother me. The fact that you say "strutting it all around", THAT bothers me.

Gay people have relationships just like straight people, it isn't a "oh hay we're gay let's go kiss in public so that everybody knows!!1" thing, it's a "we're a couple, and we're going to act like one," thing, just like a heterosexual relationship.

It's silly to think the two are so different from one another, because they really aren't.

You didn't understand what I meant. I meant that it's ok to be together, but if your making out furiously in Wal-Mart(which is more specifically what I'd seen), then that's just not common courtesy. You see it more with gay couples than you do with straight couples, as far as I know, I haven't seen a straight couple do what I saw.

I didn't mean a friendly little peck wasn't bad, I didn't say a little tongue was bad either. And I'm not saying this because I think gay couples should be locked up, they shouldn't, they just tend to be a little more outward with their relationship.

^If any of that sounded like I hate gay couples, I really don't.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    You didn't understand what I meant. I meant that it's ok to be together, but if your making out furiously in Wal-Mart(which is more specifically what I'd seen), then that's just not common courtesy. You see it more with gay couples than you do with straight couples, as far as I know, I haven't seen a straight couple do what I saw.

I didn't mean a friendly little peck wasn't bad, I didn't say a little tongue was bad either. And I'm not saying this because I think gay couples should be locked up, they shouldn't, they just tend to be a little more outward with their relationship.

This reminds me of a Simpsons episode. At the begining, there was a gay pride parade. They was screaming, "We're queer, we're here, get used to it!". Lisa shouted, "You do this every year, we are used to it!"

That is how I feel. No need to shout it anymore, we hear you loud & clear.

Xairmo

Years

I meant it inaccurate because every person that doesn't want gay marriage isn't a bad person. They're just holding what's dear to them above all else. And that's their religion.

i think ur jus puttin words in our mouths. i never said i think that all christians are hypocrites. yet i did imply that the ones who oppose gay marriage are because gay is a sin to them but its not like they never sin. i am a christian myself, and i have more of a liberal christian mind as opposed to a literal christian mindset

Merzbau

it's just a ride.
    Years

Or it could be like here. Where if a gay couple was to do that thing like you saw in Wal-Mart, they more than likely would be beat up or given a serious talking to by an official or something.

It's quite difficult being gay in the Bible Belt. Straight couples would definitely do that kind of thing more here because gay couples wouldn't dare try. At least, not in the vicinity of where I live.

I'm guessing you're in a more liberal part of the world?

No maliciousness at all, just a point I wanted to make. Gay couples aren't all slobbery in public everywhere you go.

Xairmo said:
    i think ur jus puttin words in our mouths. i never said i think that all christians are hypocrites. yet i did imply that the ones who oppose gay marriage are because gay is a sin to them but its not like they never sin. i am a christian myself, and i have more of a liberal christian mind as opposed to a literal christian mindset

This is sort of an add-on to what you were saying. But also one little thing I would like to point out to you in defense of the enemies of gay marriage. (why I want to defend them, I don't know but...)

I no longer believe in God, but in the Christian defense I must say one thing. There are many people I have met that say "If you wanna do it, okay, but I'm not for you or against you." That's the second-biggest response I get when talking to people around here outside of "EWWW GAY PPL R EBIL!$@$@!~!!!" To them, it is a sin. It is something against their religion and they have the order and feel the need to educate the people about what wrong they are doing according to their book.

If your religious beliefs oppose gay marriage, okay. Cool. Not everyone believes in your religion so don't try to force it down their throats by legislating that a man and a man can't get married, just because .you. don't believe it is right. The separation of church and state is written in the Constitution of the United States for a reason. I guess some people forget about that part from time to time.

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
    just because .you. don't believe it is right.
    And in response I have this to say. Which is just as good as that argument.

"Don't try to force your new ways just because .you. are different"

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back