• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you For or Against Gay Marriage?

Are you for or against gay marriage?

• For gay marriage

Votes: 97 51.6%
  • Against gay marriage

Votes: 57 30.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 34 18.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bgt

R A W R
    Years
    • Age 15
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011

Or it could be like here. Where if a gay couple was to do that thing like you saw in Wal-Mart, they more than likely would be beat up or given a serious talking to by an official or something.

It's quite difficult being gay in the Bible Belt. Straight couples would definitely do that kind of thing more here because gay couples wouldn't dare try. At least, not in the vicinity of where I live.

I'm guessing you're in a more liberal part of the world?

No maliciousness at all, just a point I wanted to make. Gay couples aren't all slobbery in public everywhere you go.

This is sort of an add-on to what you were saying. But also one little thing I would like to point out to you in defense of the enemies of gay marriage. (why I want to defend them, I don't know but...)

I no longer believe in God, but in the Christian defense I must say one thing. There are many people I have met that say "If you wanna do it, okay, but I'm not for you or against you." That's the second-biggest response I get when talking to people around here outside of "EWWW GAY PPL R EBIL!$@$@!~!!!" To them, it is a sin. It is something against their religion and they have the order and feel the need to educate the people about what wrong they are doing according to their book.

If your religious beliefs oppose gay marriage, okay. Cool. Not everyone believes in your religion so don't try to force it down their throats by legislating that a man and a man can't get married, just because .you. don't believe it is right. The separation of church and state is written in the Constitution of the United States for a reason. I guess some people forget about that part from time to time.

Yea, thats why I was saying it wouldn't bother me less if it was approved or not. I'm not doing it so it's not going to change my life one bit.

Btw, whats the point of creating a controversial thread if people are just going to argue.

If you feel it needs approved in your state, contact your politicians or move.

Plus, the only feasible benefits are tax breaks and insurance breaks. And well, I guess saying that your married, but do you really need marriage if your in love, lol.

Last edited:

Merzbau

it's just a ride.
    Years
    Yea, thats why I was saying it wouldn't bother me less if it was approved or not. I'm not doing it so it's not going to change my life one bit.

Btw, whats the point of creating a controversial thread if people are just going to argue.

(1)If you feel it needs approved in your state, contact your politicians or move.

(2)Plus, the only feasible benefits are tax breaks and insurance breaks. And well, I guess saying that your married, but do you really need marriage if your in love, lol.

1) I plan on doing so, when I am able to i.e. am out on my own and not subject to the fact of my parents' prejudice of me because of what I am.

2) True, but it's just the principle of it in my case. I don't know if I ever will get married, but it's just that I could if I wanted to, you know?

And in response I have this to say. Which is just as good as that argument.

"Don't try to force your new ways just because .you. are different"

I don't want to force it on anyone. We deserve equal rights, to marry, just as you do, as a straight person.

It's a rights battle just as it was with the Civil Rights movement, women's suffrage to gain their ability to vote, and so many other movements of the past. Using your philosophy in the last quote, I would say that one or both of those movements you don't agree with. Am I right or no?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014

That's horrible. People are supposed to be allowed to challenge the system if they feel they're being oppressed by it. If they didn't, there'd be no women's rights, there'd be no racial equality. Sometimes the world just has to change.

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
    You do realize the gay population is significantly lower than women, and African Americans.

In America, gay rights are one of the fairest. You have to admit, you have to take in account that we're not like Iraq where in a matter of minutes, you wouldn't be man or women.

You always have to have in mind that America doesn't exterminate jews. I know it is a horrible thought, but thats what some countries still do.

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
    Years
    You do realize the gay population is significantly lower than women, and African Americans.

In America, gay rights are one of the fairest. You have to admit, you have to take in account that we're not like Iraq where in a matter of minutes, you wouldn't be man or women.

You always have to have in mind that America doesn't exterminate jews. I know it is a horrible thought, but thats what some countries still do.

so just cuz theres less of us we dont deserve the same rights and we dont deserve to be ur equals? you kno i dont get it, i have no problem wit straights gettin married so why would it bug someone so much if i got married?

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    This country works by majority, if you havn't noticed.

>.>;;

Uhh, it makes decisions based on majority opinions. That in no way justifies denying rights to certain groups. Everyone is in some sort of minority, kiddo.

Linoone

MCFRY! you are terminated! o!o
    Years
    This country works by majority, if you havn't noticed.

>.>;;

so, just because you're more than us we should let you do as you please with us?, gee, I'm glad I don't live in your country, that is the stupidest thing ever, a minority who can't help being gay because they're born like that, (which is nothing to be ashamed of) are supposed to have less rights than you?, gee what logic!

Xairmo

Years
    Uhh, it makes decisions based on majority opinions. That in no way justifies denying rights to certain groups. Everyone is in some sort of minority, kiddo.

agreed, just cuz theres less of us doesnt mean theres less people that would support us and vote to allow us to marry. does this seem like history repeating itself to anyone else? i mean this all seemed to happen with womens rights movement and black right movement.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    Aahh the good ol' days when this thread used to get posts every minute ^^

And in response I have this to say. Which is just as good as that argument.

Anyway, you made another stupid statement (which is hardly as good as any argument). Regardless if they are a minority, that is no reason for the larger group to discriminate against them.
    Even those who aren't gay can still be supportive of them.
    It's the same with any minority group. For example there are only a small number of ethnic minorites near to me and I would likewise be supportive if they wanted an equal oppurtunity.

That's horrible. People are supposed to be allowed to challenge the system if they feel they're being oppressed by it. If they didn't, there'd be no women's rights, there'd be no racial equality. Sometimes the world just has to change.
    Well said. Another good point.

Xairmo

Years
    Aahh the good ol' days when this thread used to get posts every minute ^^

Anyway, you made another stupid statement (which is hardly as good as any argument). Regardless if they are a minority, that is no reason for the larger group to discriminate against them.
    Even those who aren't gay can still be supportive of them.
    It's the same with any minority group. For example there are only a small number of ethnic minorites near to me and I would likewise be supportive if they wanted an equal oppurtunity.

Well said. Another good point.

yea just cuz ur group is supposedly bigger doesnt mean u should, or are even allowed to bully us

bgt

R A W R
    Years
    • Age 15
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    To be politically correct, sure I think it needs approved just for equal rights.

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
    Don't you guys get what I mean by majority?

Don't get mad at me if the congress and the senate have the power to overrule that right, by MAJORITY.

People like you are to used to the judicial branch of government legislate rather than ennact laws. That's the way the liberals are tearing up this country.

So if a small group of people want to start speeding when they drive, shouldn't they be given the right to? Since they're a minority?

If a small minority wants to rob a bank, should they be given the right to?

If a small minority wanted to get rid of all but a certain race, should they be given that right because it is what they believe in?

Please, respond specifically to my examples, because in structure, they are exactly the same thing.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    So if a small group of people want to start speeding when they drive, shouldn't they be given the right to? Since they're a minority?

If a small minority wanted to get rid of all but a certain race, should they be given that right because it is what they believe in?

No one is saying that. No one. Cut it out with these stupid strawman arguments. No one here is talking about giving minorities ridiculous rights like those. We are talking about giving them THE SAME RIGHTS AS EVERYONE ELSE. THE SAME. NOT COMPLETELY ARBITRARY RIGHTS. THE SAME RIGHTS.

hoperidesalone

guardian of the veil
    Years

Don't get mad at me if the congress and the senate have the power to overrule that right, by MAJORITY.

People like you are to used to the judicial branch of government legislate rather than ennact laws. That's the way the liberals are tearing up this country.

Please, respond specifically to my examples, because in structure, they are exactly the same thing.
    'cept gay marriage doesn't hurt anybody o.o all your examples do.
    try again plx

Xairmo

Years

oh my god! this makes completely no sense at all. how can u compare gay marriage to robbing a bank, speeding, and exterminating a race! ur making it sound like gays are trying to take over the world or sumtin. unlike speeding and robbing a bank, gay marriage harms no one.

Linoone

MCFRY! you are terminated! o!o
    Years

what you said is ridiculous, gay marriage doesn't kill people last time I checked, or hurt them in any way, besides, nobody is born a robber or a racist, we gays are born like this and equal rights should be given

MasterJ

Pokémon Guru
    Years
    I think it's fine. People can like who they want, be it the same sex or opposite. I get really annoyed by people who are against it. So yeah.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    We gays are born like this and equal rights should be given
    I'm not gay, but I completely have to back this up.

Seriously, when it's something you're BORN WITH, you can't do anything to change it except to live a goddamn lie. Just because you're born a certain way doesn't mean you should be forced to live a constant lie, telling everyone you're straight. We're all born with eyes, who the hell says we can't look at things. You're born gay, you're born straight. You should be able to get married either way.

P.S. Don't fight my "born with eyes" argument with the fact that people can turn blind--gay people can't just turn straight one day.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back