• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Are you going to play X/Y now that OR/AS are out?

Years
With the the highly-anticipated OR/AS now being released for over a month, do you all still plan to play through X/Y or will you set the games aside in favor of newer main series titles? Maybe you'll go through these games again with challenge-related playthroughs or perhaps actively playing the game will continue being on your agenda despite the R/S remakes being available? Discuss!

Years
Well, I do have plenty of things over on my main copy of X, and with over 300 hours logged on it I would feel juvenile deleting it. I bred a handful of Pokémon on X that I transferred over to Omega Ruby with Bank. So at least until I get more used to the DexNav, i'll likely stick with this for breeding for a while.

And I still have challenge based runs I can do, definitely. As i've mentioned, one major advantage that XY has over ORAS is a much larger Pokédex, so it does make coming up with different teams more interesting. I have three other copies of the games overall (one of X, two of Y), so i'm sure I won't leave them to rot.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Online now
I don't really plan on doing much with X/Y for the foreseeable future. After logging something like 605 hours or so into it (beating out my White as the Pokemon game with the longest recorded play-time in a single playthrough by a few hours), I've done pretty much everything I can do on a playthrough in X/Y. I might start it up every now and again to catch things for people from my large list of Friend Safaris, but that's it. Alpha Sapphire is my main game now, as it's the most up-to-date thing out now.

Sometime I probably will get the urge to start over on my Y and play it again for fun. Rarely do I ever play through a Pokemon game just once.

Years
I'll probably spend equal time between both games, that is once I finish the Delta Episode in Alpha Sapphire. Besides, in X I have a lot of Pokemon I still have to play with in Amie and I'll like to explore Kalos for fun. But aside from that, I may stick with AS so I can use the new Megas.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
Years
I won't be picking up either of the Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire games. I hated the originals (still do) and that won't ever change my mind. I may pick them up later down the line when they're on sale (Think Gen 7 and Black Friday) and perhaps help round out my Pokedex for the Seventh Generation of the games.

So in short, yes, I am still busy with X & Y. Taking out the character customization feature didn't help the games win me over. I love wearing different hats and changing hair colors and what not. Think about some 11 year old kid that doesn't bathe or change clothes. . . yeah, filthy. Also I think IGN said it best: "7.8/10 too much water"

I also don't see many people able to amass the stacks of cash they could in X & Y either, so there is that. The hidden base gimmick never was my favorite and I personally think the 3rd generation introduced some of the worst Pokemon in the games. Not my cup of tea. . . and where's the coffee in this game, hm?

Years
I just picked up Y and OR the other day, and have actually been setting OR aside in favor of Y. The main reason for this is that I would rather explore the new region, rather than one i have already been through. However, i think once i complete Y, i will still spend fairly equal time on each, most likely doing a normal play through of OR while doing something like a Wonderlocke on Y.

LilyAnn

All your base are belong to us
Years
I have basically ditched my X/Y games for ORAS. xD I was never fond of Kalos so I only turn on X to trade over pokemon. I haven't even finished Y yet. I don't think I will for a while.

Warspirit

be nice to nice ❤️
Years
Already finished X so I'm giving my full attention to AS even though I'm working through it pretty slowly. I don't have the Pokemon Bank either so I don't really have a reason to get on it anymore unless I want to look back at my old team.

Years
  • Seen Jun 17, 2017
Not as much actively play X, but I have absolutely no reason to ditch it in any way because breeding seems to be much easier on X (at least until I beat the game on AS). Plus, I've got loads of Pokémon on it.

One thing I dislike though is having to use the GTS to transfer Pokémon between X and AS. I guess I have to put up with it... xD

Years
Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are just as enjoyable as X and Y for me. (nothing beats trainer customization that's why, same goes for soaring)
So, yes, of course.

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 5, 2023
Of course I will! Honestly, I prefer X and Y to these remakes, largely due to the fact that they've removed customization and I really dislike the looks of the protagonists in that generation. They've been remade to look even stupider than before to me. The cities from what I've played so far also seem woefully small, which I suppose is an advantage for when I beat it. But it's just I like Y's France vibe much more so than this strange, small-town tropical vibe. I never really played through the third gen all that much, so I don't care for it or have the same amount of nostalgia as others.

Plus, I was in a middle of a second playthrough of my Y before I got Omega Ruby. I still have to finish that! I probably will after I'm done with it.

Although I'll probably use Omega Ruby for trading and such, due to the fact that Y isn't compatible with all the latest mega evolutions. What a bother.

Once the third version of X and Y come out, I'll be super happy then.

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
I am not playing Y recently, but I want to keep this game for breeding and stuff. I have all my pokemon in Y but when I beat ORAS I am onna trade them.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 28, 2014
I don't own ORAS yet but even when I will I love xy and it includes tones of things that ORAS don't
so yeah
And I'll also use it to complete ORAS pokedex

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
my main game has been OrAs, but for breeding i do on my X version. i also do some training on X too.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jan 17, 2015
Well I still gota finish my Y nuzlocke, I stopped shortly in, and just picked it back up, at 7th gym now. But mostly gonna use X/Y to catch things, friend safari still offers more variety in a concentrated location compared to the dex nav, and 2 guaranteed IV's on every catch is better then chaining till you start getting the chance of 2/3 IV's only to have the pokemon on the other side of a one way cliff...

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
When X and Y had first come out, I found myself going through them a lot.

On my first play, I found things to be rather fun, as all their features were completely new in my eyes. Places were fun to explore, story was fun to be engaged in (actually, being engaged into was sort of tough, actually, at least from my point of view, as it seemed to have been slightly short and rushed; put that aside, it was decent), and Pokémon designs were pretty eye-appealing, too. I wound up playing-through on two, separate occasion.

After Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire were released, however, I slowed down on playing, but did not completely stop. Lately, I've been considering to try myself another run, but haven't quite gotten around to kicking off a new save file. I'm sure I'd enjoy, though, judging by my previous play-throughs of XY!

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
Yeah, I will still play X and Y. I haven't bought Y yet, but I do plan on purchasing and playing through it. Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire haven't changed the fact that X and Y are great games, especially since most of the mechanics of ORAS are present in XY. I haven't been playing X though since that would require making a new game and I'd rather not lose all of my progress and Pokémon :P

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 14, 2022
I like X better than AS to be honest. I haven't spent nearly the time on it that I thought I would and I plan on completing my Dex on X. I want to have a full living Dex if there is room in boxes for them all as I don't have pokebank though I really should get it.

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
Years
I'll likely be alternating between XY and ORAS a lot. For starters, Ruby and Sapphire were my favorite games (Pokemon and non-) for quite some time. But when XY came out, my favorite Pokemon games at the time were HGSS. XY blew those out of the water for me. To be completely honest, I liked the lore of XY better than ORAS (ORAS seemed to get a little too serious after the main story compared to RSE).

...unless a Battle Frontier comes to ORAS as DLC. Good savior Arceus, spare my 3DS if that ever happens.

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
Heck yeah I'll still be playing my Pokemon X & Y even now that I have Pokemon: Alpha Sapphire. Smash Bros. Melee's been out for almost 15 years now and I still play that actively. I hate today how kids always want something new, and that they assume that new will always be better. All these 11 & 12 year old gamers on the planet think that ORAS is the best thing since sliced bread, and it pisses me off to nooo end! Yes, it is a good game but there is no reason to not enjoy the franchise as a whole.

Even when Pokemon X came out, I had beaten the game in two days and didn't play much after that. I will probably do the same with Alpha Sapphire; the Pokemon games just aren't my main games anymore. I still will play through Pokemon X again and again though, mostly for Challenges and when I get bored.

Back