• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Are you going to play X/Y now that OR/AS are out?

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I haven't played X or Y for longer than 10 minutes in a single setting since ORAS came out... :x I feel kinda bad about it honestly lol, I have a NFE challenge playthrough I was doing on Y version and I think I still only have 1 badge, and that was months ago.

I'll probably play through them again eventually, as I do with pretty much every Pokémon game when I start to feel nostalgic for it. I loved XY so I can't see me not playing them again in the future, just not anytime soon.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 29, 2024
I never finished them, so yeah. After I finish them, then I will try to relive my childhood in ORAS lol

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I'm planning on getting Y version eventually, so no...ORAS doesn't stop me from playing XY. XY had a sense of uniqueness that sets apart from ORAS and not just because ORAS is a remake with so many new features. Without XY or the 6th gen, we wouldn't be going through mega evos or many other things that XY had introduced us.

Both XY and ORAS are amazing and I wouldn't leave any of them behind.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Well, I kinda got both games at the same time so Idecided to start with X/Y just to get used to the new mechanics and changes and because Slurpuff <3 But I'll be done with X soon so I'll be able to move over to AS ^^

Years
  • Seen Jun 7, 2016
I honestly like XY better than ORAS so far. XY still seems like a breath of fresh air even though they've only been out a year, probably because I've played RSE before so I know what the storylines are. Probably the most enjoyable thing I've gotten out of ORAS is the visuals and an easier Milotic. Other than that, I think it's basically a dumbed down version of the originals. I'll play both, but I'm waiting for the XY sequels.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
Im actually playing neither lol i stopped playing Oras at victory road i guess i lost interest and i stopped playing xy awhile ago due to im not shiny hunting atm but i do go on xy more than Oras atm because i like to battle competitively on their plus i actually finished my adventure :p

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 16, 2015
I bought oras the day it came it and now i bought x because i didnt get to buy it when it came so i share equal time with both.

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
I am playing both Y and OR right now. I use X now for breeding and battling, AS for training. I am trying, though, to fill the dex in AS so I can do breeding there too.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
But of course. I mean... that's only if I can find it. I've been wanting to play X or Y for a while now, but I haven't been able to find it though. D: I play all of my old pokemon games every now and then.

GengarsTeeth

Ghost Breeder
Years
I only started with Y last week so theres still a lot of life in it. I bought ORAS first but thought I should really play XY as I had played them all up to BW2.
I'm hoping that by the time I start playing ORAS, it'll fully tide me over till the next release. Saying that though, Bloodborne is out soon and I'm hoping it doesn't distract me from my 3DS too much.

I don't even know what to expect with ORAS really, I played the GBA version loads of times, will it be a nostalgia-fest or is it unrecognisable? I digress though as this is an XY thread, ha ha (i still would like some input though, Pm me if you will get wrong for talking about ORAS here)

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023
X&Y is unique

Sure, it seems unfinished, but that doesn't mean that I'm not going to play it again

I still play Platinum, Heartgold and White, as well as PMDTime

skyburial

Orca Hype
Years
I haven't been playing Y much, but that's mainly because I've been focused on breeding and competitive, which is much more convenient on ORAS. But Y has certain things that are unavailable on ORAS that I go back for every now and then.

If you don't get the Black Glasses on ORAS during the storyline pass through of the route they're on, for example, the NPC involved with getting them disappears. I still need to catch my legendary bird on there too.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
I've finished both Y and AS, but while AS wS still unfinished I did still play Y and sometimes perfer one over the other. Like being obsessed with gettung the Eon Ticket in AS, or trying to chain my first XY shiny, etc.

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
Years
Exams and holidays kept me away from gaming altogether until yesterday. Now, I have a very brief period that I can play, and then hiatus again for me.

I can't get into ORAS, so the time I do spend gaming is between Animal Crossing: NL and breeding on X. A lot of exams and a presentation to prepare for over reading week, so I doubt I'll get much playtime there.

Death

The Pale Horseman
Years
If I still had my copy of Y (I gave it to my friend so he could finally play Pokemon), yes, I probably still would. There's just something grossly fascinating about the Kalos region that I can't get enough of.

Nakala Pri

ORAS is 109184 times better then X/Y and you can catch a lot more Pokemon so I'd say... nah, not for a year or two. It's storyline was really boring and unexplained and plan LAZY. Some guy called Lasagna likes pretty things so he puts on a tiara and tries to blow up the world and some twats follow you around saying 'ill never be as good as you, NEIGHBOR'

Best thing was the new Pokemon/Pokemon Amie/Mega Evolution! =D

Years
I really don't think I will, unless it's for the sake of a challenge or something. Y was my main game for a long time. I got X a couple of months before ORAS' release, and decided to play through it for fun. But to be honest, I found it pretty tedious! I might well play it again for the sake of a challenge or something, but since my battle-worthy Pokémon and items have all been transferred to Omega Ruby. I'm just not sure XY have as much replay value as other Pokémon games (for me).

Back