• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Are you going to play X/Y now that OR/AS are out?

Years
Being that I recently returned to Pokemon (which meant I had to purchase a 3DS) I was recommended to start with the X&Y series instead of ORAS by one of my friends. The last Pokemon game I played was White v.2 but barely touched the game and before that was Pokemon Gold! When my friend showcased her X game I immediately fell in love with the platform and animation. So for the time being I will still be playing Pokemon Y (which is the one I bought with my 3DS) and will be playing for a bit longer before hopping on the ORAS train.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 20, 2015
Well I have OR already. But as I am IN the Seventh and last gym Of Pokemon Y, I might as well finish it.
Still the question you have raised is a pretty good one.I must say.IMPRESSIVE!!

AquaMarine8

One less, one less problem~
Years
Yes! X/Y are great games and I'm sure I will play them for a long time to come. In fact, I started a new file on Y the other day so now I'm juggling between OmegaRuby and Y. So much fun. :D

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
XY I'm still playing because unlike ORAS I have both games and I've been replaying my Y for challenges and such. Though I do intend on eventually getting AS for my challenge game in the near future (maybe soon because hnng) so after that I'll likely be bouncing between the two so I don't tired myself out of one or the other.

colter519

Youngster
Years
I bounce between X and OR. I like them both (Although I kinda wish I got AS instead. I just like Team Aqua) Beat them both but both games have different things to offer, and I enjoy them all. I mean, character customization and friend safari on one hand and mirage spots and contests on the other. Gen 6 is just made of win all around!

Aquali Umiko

Roaring back with a vengeance!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 5, 2015
I jut recently purchased X, Y, and Alpha Sapphire within days of each other. I started Y first, and then AS... I got hooked on each for an extended period of time, but Y and X just bring something more favorable (at least for me) to the table. AS is a nice flashback to the past but at times it is almost too much for me. Not sure that makes sense? Oh well. XD I've beaten both X and Y and now in X I'm training up some of the pokes I gained through trades.

Years
I'm both been heavy into OS but only because I've been breeding, will continue playing Y to bring over more pokemon into OS wish i had gotten X now though :/ like its legendary better

jasonthedrag0n

Disco Elephant
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 30, 2022
I've just completed the main game including the Alpha episode on OR and now I'm on Y.

SparklingMistral

The #1 Remus Lupin fanatic!
Years
I haven't really touched Y since ORAS has come out. I pick it up every once in a while if someone needs something since I have more on Y than I do on OR. I might pick it back up again soonish though to try and get my hands on a Shaymin; it's the last Pokemon I need dex data for, haha.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
I still play X even though I have already finished it. I'm looking to acquire some shinies from it... OR I'm still trying to get a shiny legendary.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 5, 2016
I still play X for levelling up of teams, EV/IV levelling/training mainly because I still use the guide for it that was released back when XY first came out. I also have a Living Pokedex on there - so it makes sense to train there.

Birthday Thunder

Venus (Event Archivist)
Years
I still play my Y version to do EV training and the like. Damn I love that game! It's the first one that I've completed the entire national dex on!

mcarthur7416

Sexy Cowboy
Years
Ruby and sapphire were my first Pokemon games, aside from Pokemon Red. I grew up on Ruby, and little childish me, when I got sapphire I took it back because I thought it was the exact same as Ruby. Just a different color. But anyways, I recently bought a 3ds and OR on eBay for $70. Yay for deals! I bought X as well and it came a day before the ds, so I've been playing X first, because I want to save OR last, I'm currentley looking for a Y and AS, as I plan to do all 4, and have my ultimate breeding collection! I'll use X/Y for the friend safaris, and just play with OR.

Years
I have sort of transitioned from XY to ORAS. I still use the teams to battle against other XY players, but unfortunately because of the not so easy battling between XY and ORAS, most of the additional team building I've done have been on ORAS, even if members of the team are from Kalos (I.e: Talonflame and Aromatisse are on the last team I made).

itsnairb

Fire Type Expert
Years
I still playing Y/X rather the OR/AS, i was not really into the 3rd gen, not that cool staters, and some kind a lack of great pokemons from start.
But it could be so awesome with a remake of the old Red/Blue :D

Ashes to Ashes

Serenade of Cerne
Years
I havent really had much experience with ORAS but its a toss up. ORAS only wins because it has Mega Lop, but otherwise it doesnt stand a chance against XYs trainer customization. Hoping XY sequels will bring it back.

Meng Jiaxin

Dragonlord of the Seas
Years
Playing through AS now, but Kalos is my One True Love, so I will still regularly go back to playing X. As many have already mentioned, I love the customization, prefer the characters in Kalos as well (Professor Sycamore! and of course the fab four - Calem, Shauna, Tierno and Trevor). Plus it is based on France, my absolute favourite country, and it is the only region so far to all hail me as the saviour of the world. ;)

Back