• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you good at math?

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    I find Maths a lot easier than other people do but I think its because I know how to approach the more complex questions. Especially in Calculus if people don't know how to answer a question they either give up or stare at the question hoping that it will suddenly come to them.

If more people took their time and actually analysed the question, they wouldn't find Maths as hard as they do. That said I've always had a natural talent for it. I didn't like it much because it didn't really challenge me, but now that I do Calculus I absolutely love it! Its become my favourite subject.

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
    I'm not bad at it, but I don't really like it. I took two years worth of Calculus in my last year in High School, and did well on the AP tests, so I'm jumping right into Calculus III in college. I'm not sure whether I'm happy or not yet XD.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Math was always my the subject I scored highest in, but at the same time it was my least favourite. I understand how everything works instantly, but the problem is I get so bored of doing the same thing over and over, especially since I already understand it after just a few minutes.

I am exactly the same way :O.

But my fave subject is Science and I will really need math to help me. Which is why they made me take a test to see If I'll be taking Algebra I. It felt easy, so I'll proably take it. The thing is, I'm just in 7th grade :*(

Kitty-Kat

Shirley Huge Chest
    Years
    I kind of surprise myself at how good I am at it... I'm not, like, GREAT at it, but when I work on it hard enough, I do very well. I've been taking Honors math classes almost all of my years in high school. And gotten A's in them @.@ I am especially good at Trig. And people are like "I hate you." Which makes me go "YAY!" =D Not because I like being hated, but because that means they're jealous! =P Anyway, I'm going to be in AP Calc this upcoming year [my senior year, AH] and they already gave me homework for it x.x [school won't even start for another 2 or 3 weeks! D:]

And I really hate math. It's awful. I LOVE English, but for some reason I can barely get a B in that class. And in Math I can get A's so easy! It's absolutely aggravating. ><

DarkAkatsuki

Into the night~
    Years
    • Age 29
    • USA
    • Seen Oct 3, 2010
    Why yes, I am good at It.
    Next year, I am taking Geometry Honors class.
    And I am only 13 years old.
    I am highly smart, and get straight 4.0's two times striaght.
    Sorry to boast, but I can't help it.

Charizard EX

Charizard EX
    Years
    I get full marks even if I don't study, How I study Maths is just look at the solution of the hardest question, when It's test time, FULL MARKS for me! + I do it really quickly!

Years
    I'm good at the math that I'll actually use in my everyday life. You know, Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, Etc. With other math however (ex. Y + Z - V = ???) I just don't see the point, I'll never use it.

Years
    I am horrible at math. In junior high school, I was in an AIS (Academic Intervention Services) program for it because I scored a one (the scale goes from zero to five) on the math section of my sixth grade Terra Nova exam. During my first two years of high school, I was in Regents Extended math classes, which went slower than regular math classes but still followed the same curriculums. In the eleventh grade, I was transfered to a regular math class because I did very well in Regents Extended. I got a B+ in ninth grade and an A in tenth grade, not to mention I passed my Math A Regents with a seventy eight percent. However, I found math to be a living hell in eleventh grade. The curriculum went very fast and I rarely had any idea as to what was going on in the class. My teacher only gave me a C because I went to see him every day for extra help and frequently went to my school's math lab for assistance (though the math lab teachers were -- who would ignore me). In twelfth grade, my guidance consoler allowed me to go into an eleventh grade Regents Extended class for extra high school credit. Needless to say, I found the class to be a piece of cake. I got an A without having to study for a single exam.

Sadly, I have to take a semester of math in college. I am holding back on it until my senior year. I know I am going to do terrible in it.

Mod note: Please do not censor bypass.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    I'm super good in math. I was the 2nd smartest kid in my math class last year and I got an A- average. :D

@above poster: you had Terra Nova in 6th grade? O_O I had it in Kindergarten-2nd grade rofl

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Pff. :| I have no idea. During class and school and such, I fail at math. I utterly fail. However, when it comes time to state tests and everything? I seems to suddenly be much better at math, because my Math Scores always seem to be better than my reading scores...

Sorano

幸福☆
    Years
    eww not at all. D: it's my absolutely worst subject. I've never actually failed it, though.. which is really surprising. it's just so hard to remember everything. I noticed that as I got older, I got better at it though. SO hopefully I'll only get better from here. :3

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    It depends in what subject it is. Alegebra is an A+, but Geometry is... a B+. D: But overall my math skills have have about a score average of 94 to 100. It's my weakest subject.

.Vaporeon

eshkient
    Years
    Hey,
    Yea i'm good at Maths,they just don't teach the right things in some schools.Like comeon taking away Multiplication Tables?What are they thinking?!?! XD

Back