• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Are you pre-ordering/importing HG/SS?

Are you?

• Total voters
    Years
    I'll pre-order the games from ebay, i know a seller who from Tokyo Japan, they include the pokewalker and also 2 figures which other site don't offer :D . It's much faster to pre-order the game from japan, cuz play-asia is a Hong Kong site so the percentage of delaying maybe high, they have to import the games from japan and ship them to your place :P What i'll do is pre-order the games from ebay, now all i have to do is wait .... XD

Yono

Creepin' and Crawlin'
    Years
    I've already pre-ordered the game from Play-Asia. Although the game is in a different language, I'll still enjoy playing it.

chanchimi

With a Side of Cheddar
    Years
    I will! Very soon! I've done the same for Pearl, Diamond, and Platinum. I can't stop there, I'll pre-order HG and SS as soon as I can! :D

Ashje

+1 Dead Puppies
    Years
    • Seen May 4, 2013
    Can't read Japanese so I can't pre-order. I'll just wait until it comes out in Aus.

Years
    I want to so bad, but I don't have money...
    Besides, my mom has never let me improt a Japanese Version of a game, and probably won't start now. :[

I guess I'll just wait for the Japanese release and download the ROM.
    That's what I did for Platinum and Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky.

Same, for like the whole post ^__^
    Cos i don't have a credit card or anything my parents wouldn't pre-order me a japanese game, so yeah i'll just download the ROM or watch about 109794698365786478638683468369832649 youtube videos of gameplay ;)

Winson

Legendary Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2013
    I'm not going to pre-order the Japanese ones since I can't read Japanese XD

I'm planning to pre-order SoulSilver when in releases in Australia but I always want HeartGold as well :x Do you guys think I should pre-order both of them? :3

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2016
    I am going to pre-order HeartGold from Japan, once Amazon.co.jp has it listed. I am using tenso.com for shipping, as Amazon.co.jp doesn't ship outside of Japan.

I am currently learning Japanese. Partly because I want to play HeartGold as early as possible. And a physical copy beats a ROM in every way (not trying to offend people who are getting the ROM).

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
    I haven't pre-ordered them, no. I might order them (or really it, I'm happy with just SS) from the US, though, because I'll get it earlier that way and I'll be able to play at the slots.
    *Gambler in every game so far*

Yes, I live in the EU, check sig.

PatJamma

From the ashes
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022
    I can wait only because i want to be able to read every thing. ~ <-- something like that doesnt make sence being a letter

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2009
    should i buy import soul silver or wait for the english one to come out ?

well im not sure if i should buy it when it comes out or wait..

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    Ugh, again these kind of posts, there is already a thread to discuss about this. It can be found here.

POKéMIKE1

AKA meejle
    Years
    I'll probably download the Japanese ROM and then import the American version. It all depends on whether HGSS is region locked, because I've heard Nintendo have started doing that with some titles...

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2009
    im currently learning the language and thats what is making me not buy it but i want to badly. i can buy it at a store that sells imports but it costs alot too what shouild i do ?

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    I will be getting the japanese version of HeartGold :D

Back