• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Are you pre-ordering/importing HG/SS?

Are you?

• Total voters

Artifactor

Music is Life
Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jul 22, 2010
    well, for me i am just going to simply wait for the games to release in the states, and the extra waiting will give me some time to train my platinum to lv 100 and some time to play the tcg (i just got dusknoir lv x) plus the extra wait will make me want to play soulsilver even more

Jmaster

The Golden Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2009
    for me i'm to impatient to wait so i'm going to download the japanese rom. cause i don't read it anyway. plus someone could make an english patch and i could download that.

Camisado

a therapeutic chain of events
    Years
  • I'm going to import from a respectable site like YesAsia when it's released in the US. Never again with eBay.

I'm not gonna buy it in Japanese because I don't know enough to play it (I think I'd even be stuck if I used reference with it, and that would make the game less enjoyable). I am however, sure as hell not waiting for it to be released in Europe.

solaris knight

Phantom ESP'er
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2013
    I like to be able to actually understand the language in the game I'm playing. So no.

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2016
    ... How many people here can read Japanese? I can't so I don't even really consider importing a viable option.

Learning it currently. I wanted to start learning some time ago, but the announcement of HG made me finally start.
    日本語が好きです。 (Bow before my mighty Japanese skills!):badsmile:

Why not order it from Play-asia.com? highly trusted importing site

I am ordering it from Amazon.co.jp and then sending it over with tenso.com, as it is cheaper than play-asia.com and being in Europe I don't trust play-asia.com that much (play-asia packages are a lot more prone to be held at the EU customs, than tenso).

poke-ranger

Craving HeartGold!
    Years
  • I'll import from US probably, I did it with Diamond. Esp now that the slot machines are no longer playable in European Versions!! and i CANT WAIT for this game!

Pirate Dave

かいぞく デイヴ
    Years
  • I pre-ordered HG (J) today. Very excited, will have to play the game with a Japanese dictionary sat by me cos I wont know half the vocab but this is one of the reasons I got the game; to help me with my Japanese. :)

GrassGiant

Grass Fan
    Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2014
    I never perorder games so I guess I won't with this one eh?
    Anyway when it'll come out I'm sure that I'll have money for it =D

Years
  • I'm not a huge G/S/C fan, and I don't know japanese, so I don't know. Still, I'd like to be able to have the experience of playing it and discovering all of the new changes, the remixes, the new Pokemon, everything! So I think i'll settle for a ROM, and if that's not an option I may just import.

Pirate Dave

かいぞく デイヴ
    Years
  • なんで、おまえたち?にほんごをほんとうによむことができる?
    どうやってストーリーをよむ?
    どうやってわざをつかう?

(The above is intentionally presented without Kanji and uses punctuation the way the games do.)

Noone seems to have asked this so I'm going to, what did that mean?

Lol I know so little vocab, but give me a break I've been learning for a month or so and don't have a proper dictionary yet. I could probably say it, but I would have no idea what it meant. :P

I got this far:

Why / how
    You (plural)
    No idea…
    Something about how / story?
    Then something about how / and something else.

I really need a dictionary lol. I dont know all the grammar rules either so there could be some future tense thing messing me up, in fact Im going to presume its that.

EDIT:- I got an answer nvm.

Last edited:

JawKam

The Dragonite Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2018
    I'll probably be getting a R4 edition of the game in Jap and buy the real game in English :P

MiniEggs

Working On Something Spritey.
    Years
  • I don't speak Japenese, and after US the UK don't have long, so I always wait till UK release. And + Toys r us always releases new games with free pokemon things.

MizuJosh

Graceful Water Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2010
    I'm going to wait for a US release. I've gotta be patient, just as I'm also hoping Tales of Vesperia PS3 comes over here too... Oh, the fun this next year will be...

Back