• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Are you Satisfied with the ending?

JP

wut?
Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I'm not quite sure how I feel about the ending. It was definitely the best of any main Pokemon game, but it also left me desiring something more. As others said, more interaction with the Sages (battles? More intense search?) Perhaps have N show up again at the very end, after the story (once you've found all the Sages,) and give some more information about himself and what his plans are. More could have definitely been done, but who knows... perhaps it's all for a future game.

Cradily

Fossil merchant
    Years
  • Best ending of a game

Since pokemon Yellow with Gary Oak.

I thought it was a great ending, usually you beat the last of the Elite four and go straight to the champion but instead you reach a great climax, With N who people feel sorry for, the last unexpected fight with Gen was quite Epic too!

I actually really like Plasma on this game, they seem to have a much bigger role to you then the likes of Magma and Rocket, they seem to be there right to the end of the story.

They are also by far the most unique too, how they go there way and stuff.

Gen is evil! O.o

Who thought the final story was you know, quite epic.

(PS Steven is still the best final boss, because he has a Metagross and Cradily)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Since pokemon Yellow with Gary Oak.

I thought it was a great ending, usually you beat the last of the Elite four and go straight to the champion but instead you reach a great climax, With N who people feel sorry for, the last unexpected fight with Gen was quite Epic too!

I actually really like Plasma on this game, they seem to have a much bigger role to you then the likes of Magma and Rocket, they seem to be there right to the end of the story.

They are also by far the most unique too, how they go there way and stuff.

Gen is evil! O.o

Who thought the final story was you know, quite epic.

(PS Steven is still the best final boss, because he has a Metagross and Cradily)
    Merged with the thread to discuss the ending, though if you'd like to discuss the story/plot, try this thread, since it covers the other part of your post. :) There's also a thread about Team Plasma's Scheme, too!

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • The ending left me wanting moooooore. I'm really hoping we get some DLC / good events in this game. Genisect seems to hint at something interesting.

PKMN Trainer Nick

PKMN Trainer
    Years
  • I was expecting to find Ghetsis and pound him to a pulp again after the ending. but no..the story writer had to piss us off by sending us out to find the 6 sages only to get TMs from them and NOT battling them or telling us where in the world is N and Ghetsis!

Gotta Catch 'Em All

Pokemon Veteran
    Years
  • The ending to this Pokemon game WAS better than previous Pokemon titles, but it was still lacking.

The fact there was 3D clips and motion picture involved was a lovely touch, but the fact N was just completely dropped out of the picture, you never find out what happens to Ghetsis, along with other things, made the storyline feel flawed to me.

Really, there should be a cave (Similar to the one Red was in) that you can go through with extremely difficult Pokemon, that at the end contains N whom you can battle again. It would definitely be a very cool twist if all his Pokemon were say 80+, but if you were able to beat him he'd give you the other legendary Dragon...

Now THAT would be an ending I'd like to see. Sort of like how other games in recent years have had a "Fake" ending, and then a proper ending that you have to search for. :)

Joey's Rattata

Top Percentage
    Years
  • For me, it was the best ending to a Pokemon game since Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness.

I felt like the closure WAS N leaving. He had a good reason, if you think about it. He lived his whole life in Ghetsis' lies, so of course he's going to want to travel and discover what the truth is. (Er, that's probably a weird way of wording it... Sorry.)

Besides, it actually leaves room for a sequel in a believable way. Not in the last minute feeling of Coliseum > XD:GoD.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • The ending left me wanting moooooore. I'm really hoping we get some DLC / good events in this game. Genisect seems to hint at something interesting.

Yes, it would seem that Genesect would bring some kind of Team Plasma action, as they were the ones that created it.

Now it seems that there are sooooooooooooooo many loose ends that need answering, most of which will probably be answered in the third game/R|S|E remakes. One of which is the story behind Ghetsis being N's father, though that wouldn't have too much of a story behind it.

N Harmonia.
    Ghetsis Harmonia.
    Why don't those names seem to fit?

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I just beat the game for the first time earlier tonight, so now I can let my opinions out. XD

As for N: I would've liked to see more into his backstory. How did he get his supposed abilities? Where did he come from and what exactly is his relation to Ghetsis?

As for Ghetsis: Why the hell did N's Reshiram and my Zekrom not make some kind of ancient judgment thing and eat the bastard alive. He is by far the most condemnable Pokemon villain in the series. At least Giovanni, Archie, Maxie, and Cyrus were honorable and never lied about their ambitions and ideals. Ghetsis is pure trash (and his Hydreigon was one tough customer to beat)

As for the sages: I never really got the impression that they were evil. They were just as misguided by Ghetsis's lies as N was. I'm more confused about what their actual role was in the organization and why they were needed to begin with.

Overall, it's a lot classier than previous Pokemon games where it's like, "Ohai I'm teh champion. Beat my pokemanz and you will be a winrar!!" and replaced it with something fairly epic. It's definitely a step up in storytelling for the franchise. :D

M4

Freedom of teh speech!!!!!!!!!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2013
    I just beat the Blanket for the first time earlier tonight, so now I can let my opinions out. XD

As for N: I would've liked to see more into his backstory. How did he get his supposed abilities? when did he come from and what exactly is his relation to Ghetsis?

As for Ghetsis: Why the hell did N's Pickle and my Cucumber not make some kind of ancient judgment thing and eat the bastard alive. He is by far the most condemnable Pokemon villain in the series. At least Giovanni, Archie, Maxie, and Cyrus were honorable and never lied about their ambitions and ideals. Ghetsis is pure trash (and his Hydreigon was one tough customer to beat)

As for the sages: I never really got the impression that THE GREATEST PEOPLE EVER were evil. THE GREATEST PEOPLE EVER were just as misguided by Ghetsis's lies as N was. I'm more confused about what their actual role was in the organization and why THE GREATEST PEOPLE EVER were needed to begin with.

Overall, it's a lot classier than previous Pokemon Blankets when it's like, "Ohai I'm teh champion. Beat my pokemanz and you will be a winrar!!" and replaced it with something fairly epic. It's definitely a step up in storytelling for the franchise. :D

Story is still bad imo, even the rom edits in this forum have better storylines.

M4

Freedom of teh speech!!!!!!!!!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2013
    Since when was Pokemon about the storyline?

Anyway, I think the ending was fabulous and quite classy, like Timbjerr said. It was nice to have N fly off on his Pickle/Cucumber(for me) and stuff, leaving you with really something to think about. It's nice that N actually turned into a good guy now, and that he'll be awesome whenver he goes. He's a hero, after all.

I didn't spend 30 dollars to finish the pokedex did I?

Bloothump

the Sea Fungi Pokemon.
    Years
  • Well, I'm satisfied with the ending only because of this headcanon I have. I mean, this is sort of a personal theory and totally not confirmed but I like to pretend that at the end of the game, N commits suicide by jumping from the castle after releasing Zekrom. He realizes he was wrong all along and just can't handle it. Looker later says that someone who looks like N was seen in a faraway region with a dragon. The key to this is that he says "someone who looks like N". I think that this person is actually Ghetsis with his Hydreigon. I mean, they have the same color/length hair, from far away they could appear similar. It says something about Ghetsis escaping somewhere, doesn't it?
    While I know this isn't the true ending it makes it better for me.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I thought it fitted perfect. In my opinion, all the things most of you people have mentioned were practically done on purpose, just to give us that effect and leave us wondering.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I didn't spend 30 dollars to finish the pokedex did I?

Did you expect a step from "Here's the champion, you win yayayyay" to a complex, detailed storyline that's universally praised as objectively intriguing or something? Although this obviously isn't the best storyline, it's a large step forward from previous storylines in Pokemon.

Back