• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Are you Satisfied with the ending?

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    Actually, I felt it was too rushed. If the plot was slowed down a bit, kinda like the Hoenn, it might have been more impactful. I also felt that the Seven Sages should have played a much more bigger role.

I did like it that N reformed. It.. just gives you a nice feeling inside.

Genshu

Idealistic Seeker Of Truth
    Years
    The ending was fantastic. and i love how it just ends with a farewell. perfect.

I feel like we.ll see N again. Like Lance and Cynthia, and some gym leaders. Like a reoccurring character

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    Although it's not the best storyline in the world, if you're playing the games for story and not catching and training Pokemon you're doing something wrong. Still, it's definitely the best story we've had yet.

As Diamond and Pearl had Platinum (and Ruby and Sapphire had Emerald), I expect the third version will introduce new characters and expanded plotlines that will be even better than Black and White's. So I'm really looking forward to what possibilities are there. There are some obvious plot hooks that just scream "WE'RE GONNA EXPLAIN THIS IN THE THIRD VERSION SO GO BUY THAT OK"- like Anthea and Concordia's existence/role in Plasma, the truth behind N and Ghetsis' relationship, and so on. The sages could've used a little better characterization, I never really bothered to tell them apart.

I like the close, though. N says farewell, then suddenly AWESOME CREDITS MUSIC. I'd prefer he not stay in Unova, that would really limit him. Instead, he's off searching for his real identity and new goal in life. As it should be.

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    I thought the ending was splendid. I loved how the game managed to combine the Elite Four, the catching of the boxart legendary and the showdown with the main villains all together in one epic climax. Unlike other games, in which the pacing felt uneven and the plot disconnected (eg. DPPt, where you fight a deicidal maniac, travel to an insane dimension and capture a God of Time/Space, and then are thrown back into the regular world to pick up your 8th badge), BW managed to draw the strands of these different plots together in one coherent swoop.

The arrival of the gym leaders to your aid gave an extra sense of "epic", and the final battles against N and Ghetsis were suitably challenging. I liked the ending of N leaving with Reshiram to think about his future, it was very appropriate. Overall, a great ending to a great game.

Queen of Darkness

Ikuto!!!!
    Years
    The ending was alright, though I kinda wished that I could the 7 sages, since they didn't play such a big role in the games.
    Also the end was kinda sad since N had to leave ;_;
    I also wished they told us where N headed off to...

Rionix

My girlfriend is a crazy fox
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2011
    IMHO, the ending seems to me that its a cliffhanger. Maybe for the third game installment? I dunno... I just feel it was :)

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    Except for N, I hated the rest of Team Plasma. So it was sad N had to leave just after realization.
    And the story as a whole sucked to me. They tried to make it deep, but parts of it was unrealistic, and parts of it was just too much crappy.

Scraggiland

Pokémon Trainer Mike ★
    Years
    I wasn't fully satisfied with the ending, I thought it was decent but I was hoping for more back story on N seeing how he switched sides nearing the end.

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2011
    Anti climatic as usual, but judging from the rest of writing I wasn't even expecting an ending as such.

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2012
    Yes it was good ending like in fairytales, N its a good boy at all

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2011
    I wanted N to be fleshed out more in general, I found his "morals" to be rushed decisions after a couple of loosely labelled speeches from team plasma.

Years
    I disliked the ending because N just kinda disappears. I wish this game would have something like the islands in Fire Red and Leaf Green. It would be perfect there could be eight islands each has one of the sages on it and the final island would have N on it. That would be so awesome

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years
    I disliked the ending because N just kinda disappears. I wish this game would have something like the islands in Fire Red and Leaf Green. It would be perfect there could be eight islands each has one of the sages on it and the final island would have N on it. That would be so awesome
    That would be pretty cool. But just eh. It would be to cliche imo.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    i love the ending. somethings i wish were different like i wish you could battle the other 7 sages instead of just getting tms for them. and i wish i could know what happened to N

i agree with this, but i must add that i think we didnt get enough back story,if any at all on ghetsis& the shadow triad.

id also wouldve liked a lil more story on N, like maybe a rematch after you beat the champion you could find him in challengers cave or something.

more to the abyssal ruins other than a small maze with a time limit... and whats with the dive ball if we cant even use it properly?

i also think the sages needed more to their own back stories,but meh since we dont actually fight them its not really important

Years
    Oh yeah I completely forgot about the shadow triad. I really wish we could get some information on them. They are so enigmatic lol

The_Noob

Banned
    Years
    I wanted N to be fleshed out more in general, I found his "morals" to be rushed decisions after a couple of loosely labelled speeches from team plasma.

N had no real ability to think for himself, so he really couldn't be fleshed out, having been sheltered to the point where he was still playing with blocks and toy trains like a preschooler. His life, up until the end of the game, was completely planned by his father to be perfect for instilling hatred for humanity, like a dog tha'ts been chained to a pole and hit most of its life. N still thinks and sees the world as a child (or, possibly, a beaten dog), in black and white, and he wanted to make everything that way. Or, at least, Ghetsis wanted him to believe that he was going to. Hell, he was probably going to kill him once he had the dragon he needed to conquer the world.

When you defeat him, and Ghetsis shows him the harsh reality of his actual plans, N decides he wants to see what the world is really like, and flies off on Reshiram or Zekrom.

Basically, the story ends with N discovering he needs to grow up. I think the third game will (quite obviously) flesh out the aftergame, and make N appear after the Sages have been found, telling you the things he has seen after he flew off on Resh/Zek to see the world Ghetsis hid him from.

Then Ghetsis pops up, having uberhaxxed his Pokemon to levels above those of Red from HGSS, and plows you over while N watches, having released all his Pokemon except for the legendary.

Noob out.

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2011
    I guess in that respect you would be correct. It's a shame that none of it really comes out until you actually get to the castle and even then it's kinda vague =/.

But yeh, here's hoping for more in the inevitable revised version/s.

The_Noob

Banned
    Years
    I guess in that respect you would be correct. It's a shame that none of it really comes out until you actually get to the castle and even then it's kinda vague =/.

But yeh, here's hoping for more in the inevitable revised version/s.

I really like Team Plasma's vagueness, with the Godesses (are they immortal, or insane?) and Ghetsis' 'planning' of N's life (what happened to A through M? Where did Ghetsis get the time to raise them all?), make this team very interesting. The hypocritcal nature of them (Pokemon they 'save' are turned into slaves who built N's Castle) towards the end of their run as an evil team.

Personally, I think Ghetsis is a sorcerer of some sort who made himself and the Seven Sages immortal, possibly using either alchemy (would explain his underleveled Hydreigon), or divine intervention (Concordia and Althea). But, that's just my thought.

Also, here's a creepy thought. How do you think he got the orbs? Could it be that his plans for world domination involved summoning Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina, and that he sent the Dark Triad to give you them as a message of things to come?

Noob out.

Back