• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ash out of the show soon? (theory)

Status
Not open for further replies.

yossarian

Knight of Cydonia
    Years
    If the writers think they've done everything they can with Ash they will end the series. I think that time is near.

Over the past ten years, Ash's personality and character has been explored at every single angle in great detail and depth. There's really not much left to explore.

Although many of us (including me) would miss him it may be in the best interest of the producers and the long term future of the Pokemon brand to kill him off, in order to keep the brand fresh and innovative.

One things for sure, if he does leave and the series ends there will more likely than not be another spin of series based around Pokemon.

Pokemon GX or Pokemon GT anyone?

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    The difference between a supporting character, such as former members of the "gang" and Brock, and the main characters such as Ash and Pikachu, is that few (if any) actually left because of the supporting characters leaving.

I'm not saying Brock, Misty, Max, May, and Dawn don't have their fans, but listen to this for a bit:

The supposed fan exodus that happened with Misty leaving also happened after Pokemon started losing it's "fad" status. And because I don't feel like typing a lot right now, these fans didn't so much leave because of the character but because they grew out of Pokemon.

And the beauty of Pokemon, assuming it stays successful, is it's key demographic (children 6-13) is constantly replenished. So those other guys can change out, because most of the fans who cared about previous seasons aren't even watching any more.

So are you saying that, with each viewing generation ending (as in growing out of Pokemon), a new supporting character enters the scene so that the next viewing generation has the "same experience" as the previous ones? If that's what you're saying, then it actually makes sense to me as well...never thought of it like that.

Years
    Nope. Not now, at any rate. If you remember, in the Battle Frontier series Satoshi defeated all the Frontier Brains and was offered a position in the Battle Frontier. He turns it down in order to travel more, and if Satoshi were to defeat Sinnoh's E4 (which is unlikely to begin with; I can't see him defeating Shirona and replacing Ryou) he'd likely turn it down again. I think we may see him break the habit, as it were, and win the Sinnoh Championships, and he may challenge the E4 afterwards (there has been an awful lot of foreshadowing, I agree), but I doubt he'll defeat them all. Remember, the E4 in the anime and manga are seen as the best trainers in all the land, and it's unlikely that a trainer with a very new team of Pokémon such as Satoshi's is going to be able to defeat them. If Satoshi were to stop travelling it would mean the end of the anime, in my opinion, and thus I don't think we'll see that until the Pokémon franchise has well and truly stopped making money. As it is, the franchise will continue for years to come, rolling in the cash.

Years
    History has shown that most all animated shows don't last much more than a season or two once they replace the main character with a new one. Of course with Pokemon I wonder if that would still be the case. Other shows usually change the main character because the franchise is weakening and they need a superficial way to freshen things up whereas Pokemon is still going pretty strong. Ah well, speculation is fun.

The Ebon Blade

The Fuzz...
    Years
    all interesting points... its make me think more about what they will be doing. but for those who mentioned the battle fronteir and the orange leagues. the thing you got to remember about those were that they were filler arcs. pokemon deals with spurts of fillers in between the main episodes such as random encounters with troubled trainers and ash helps them to be a better person or wat eva. but what the orange league and the battle fronteir were meant for was to put some time between kanto and johto and hoenn and sinnoh (they even did it a little bit between johto and hoenn wit the whirl islands). the only reason the battle fronteir was put into emerald was because it was signicantly longer then orange islands. but seriously think about it... if pokemon did their episodes like bleach or naruto the seasons would be like ten episodes long.

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
    Go on Pokebeach, there is this interview talking about certain questions fans have about the show concerning things like this, the 12th movie, the GS ball etc.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    There was an interview with one of the previous writers who said the show will probably end when Ash leaves.

The Ebon Blade

The Fuzz...
    Years
    Yeah that's going to happen...we can only dream.

lol indeed... i can picture that anime... well actually i can't because it wouldn't wrk to well consideirn there is a lot of more adult humor in it... so it wouldn't go over to well wit kids watchin it which will jst loose nintendo money

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    wait wait wait...just because ash is learning new strategies and finally using his brains more than before doesn't mean that we cannot just assume the show will cut him off and continue with Dawn...honestly even if Ash wins the Sinnoh League that doesn't mean he is a pokemon master yet, and if he beats the Sinnoh elite that still doesn't mean he's a master...there are so many more elites out there for every region that he'll have to beat to become a master...so I really do not think he'll be cut off until pokemon makes its last call and falls...

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
    wait wait wait...just because ash is learning new strategies and finally using his brains more than before doesn't mean that we cannot just assume the show will cut him off and continue with Dawn...honestly even if Ash wins the Sinnoh League that doesn't mean he is a pokemon master yet, and if he beats the Sinnoh elite that still doesn't mean he's a master...there are so many more elites out there for every region that he'll have to beat to become a master...so I really do not think he'll be cut off until pokemon makes its last call and falls...

Yeah!! Maybe Ash will win the Sinnoh League, then travel back to all the other regions and see if he can beat those again! And maybe then the series will end. Or maybe he won't win the Sinnoh League at all and still go back to the other regions....we'll probably never know till the time comes.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Yeah!! Maybe Ash will win the Sinnoh League, then travel back to all the other regions and see if he can beat those again! And maybe then the series will end. Or maybe he won't win the Sinnoh League at all and still go back to the other regions....we'll probably never know till the time comes.

that's not exactly what I meant though, I was just saying that the show will/might basically end when Ash achieves his goal or Pokemon isn't making anymore money anymore(lol...hope that never happens) but Ash still has yet to go with his journey and cutting him off now might not be too smart nor do I think it might happen...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back