• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ash's Personality in the B/W series (Best Wishes Series) *SPOILER*

Years
  • How do you not understand? lets think about this. Ash has the starters on his team right now. Not only does this mean that he intends to keep the pokemon for a long while, but its the 3 main pokemon of the series, I dont see why he would get rid of any of them in the anytime soon. Maybe he will switch out mamepato later on (though I doubt it) but as for now he has a semi-full team of pokemon that are pretty boring to me. Instead of having one or two spaces on his team for new, cooler B/W pokemon, he could have had 4-5 spaces if he didnt have all the starters.
    It just seems unrealistic and lame that he has all 3 starters, just take one and find new ones like other trainers lol.
    I don't see why is so bad about having all the three starters. If you find it boring to have all three starters that would mean that you found the original series boring as well? How is it unrealistic? It's just your way of thinking.

How can you be so sure that Ash won't switch his team at all? Hasn't he ever done it before? I'm pretty sure that he'll do so when it comes to the league battles. You're just making baseless assumptions.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Just look at it this way instead:
    Spoiler:
    Ash's Personality in the B/W series (Best Wishes Series) *SPOILER*

Let's just leave it at that Pikachu always thunderbolting him is doing something with his brain resulting in him being so stupid.

Bellacrose

Lover of Wartortles
    Years
  • Yes it does seem "unrealistic" for him to have all three starters, and he somehow MANAGES to find them out in the wild. SOMEHOW. It's just the power of Ash. But the fact he has Pikachu with him is probably one of the main few reasons they're keeping Ash in the story. As you can see, there was another series where they had Kris and that... Dude with the Typhlosion as the chars, but that didn't last long at all. So he's probably going to keep going on his journey, without aging or growing any taller, or growing facial hair whatsoever >>

Secondly to the whole "bring Misty back" thing. Maybe she doesn't want to come back >_> She does have a gym to look after. Even if her sisters are there she still wants to be the water trainer gym leader. She did leave, but she reappeared a few times. I would like to see her make a reappearance in an episode since they seemed to revamp her just a little in HG and SS. People need to let go of older chars. They're even replacing Brock (even though Tracey was really annoying... REALLY annoying) with.. Dento or whatever. And they need to stop saying: She replaced Misty! She replaced May! She replaced Dawn!

It's good to switch the characters up, otherwise they'd become stale and boring. Like Ash. He's that last piece of stale bread nobody wants. :I

Years
  • Yes Ash does manage to capture them 'Somehow'. xD Atleast the starter Pokemon which Ash catches have a back story attached to each one of them. It's not that they appear just in the wild like any random Mamepato.

Years
  • I've never been really bothered by Ash, and although I'm not a fan of his "noobiness" i find him a lot more entertaining this season than he was in Sinnoh. He seemed really bland and personality-less, while at least in Unova he's had quite a few funny moments so far.

If only they could balance that with some experience from the prior gens. I'm just glad he at least HAS a personality this season. I havent seen him have one since like, Hoenn. :\

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Yes it does seem "unrealistic" for him to have all three starters, and he somehow MANAGES to find them out in the wild. SOMEHOW. It's just the power of Ash. But the fact he has Pikachu with him is probably one of the main few reasons they're keeping Ash in the story. As you can see, there was another series where they had Kris and that... Dude with the Typhlosion as the chars, but that didn't last long at all. So he's probably going to keep going on his journey, without aging or growing any taller, or growing facial hair whatsoever >>

They could have easily just given a Pikachu to another character and then replace him.

Secondly to the whole "bring Misty back" thing. Maybe she doesn't want to come back >_> She does have a gym to look after. Even if her sisters are there she still wants to be the water trainer gym leader. She did leave, but she reappeared a few times.

Man, I really hate having to respond in regards to my views about Misty... You cite an example, and this sets off. Honestly, I meant this to be an example. Why do you have to make me respond to this?

First off, if she truly didn't want to come back, she actually would, you know, not return even briefly. She also doesn't even like being a Gym Leader, if her skipping out of the gym for non-gym business or even trying to deliberately hold off going back to the gym means anything. Besides, being a Gym Leader is nowhere even close to being an actual Water Pokemon Master, so she can't even hope to become a Master at this rate. If they at least had her traveling to become a Water Pokemon Master on her own so she could actually pursue her goal, I wouldn't be nearly as angered about her removal.

I would like to see her make a reappearance in an episode since they seemed to revamp her just a little in HG and SS. People need to let go of older chars. They're even replacing Brock (even though Tracey was really annoying... REALLY annoying) with.. Dento or whatever. And they need to stop saying: She replaced Misty! She replaced May! She replaced Dawn!

It's not even the fact that May replaced Misty that acted as the reason why I hate her, its the fact that May acted like the characters from LH or Battle Vixens. Trust me, had Misty never been removed, they also added in May, and they still gave May that personality of hers, I still would have hated her. It's the same deal with Dawn, and I know full well that Dawn definitely never replaced Misty, and I hated her for the exact same reason as why I hated May.

And considering how several people who "let go" of the characters ended up starting to mock and hate the character as well, and enjoy mocking the characters' (IE, what Gliscor'd/Scott89/Cybercubed did to Misty and her fanbase shortly after renouncing that he wants Misty to return, gave up on her. He turned into a Monster who frequently bullied on his former comrades like some sort of sadistic tyrant.), telling me or anyone else to "let go" of characters is never a good idea.

It's good to switch the characters up, otherwise they'd become stale and boring. Like Ash. He's that last piece of stale bread nobody wants. :I

Yes, but the problem is that it's also a very bad idea to switch up the characters, especially considering how AG actually faltered in ratings thanks to Misty's removal. Plus, there's also a way to do it by actually attempting to flesh out the character's personalities.

Now, please, just stop talking about her on here, just to end it for good. If you really want to bring Misty into this, take it to my PM, because I cannot allow the topic to be derailed.

Now, back on topic, Ash's personality really shouldn't have been lobotomized to this extent, and from what I can tell from reading people's comments and other sources, it wasn't even properly explained well, either. I mean, honestly, if they wanted to do it, couldn't they at least attempt to explain it?

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2011
    I don't see why is so bad about having all the three starters. If you find it boring to have all three starters that would mean that you found the original series boring as well? How is it unrealistic? It's just your way of thinking.

How can you be so sure that Ash won't switch his team at all? Hasn't he ever done it before? I'm pretty sure that he'll do so when it comes to the league battles. You're just making baseless assumptions.

lmao baseless assumptions. ok dude. I'm just saying that I hate whenever the anime gives him all three starters. He is going to be raising them for quite a while and yes he probably will change them up later. But as of now, we have to watch many episodes with pokemon I think are overshown.

P.S obviously its my way of thinking dude. Everyone posts their own way of thinking its called an opinion. thats why poeple post stuff, to share their opinion.

Bellacrose

Lover of Wartortles
    Years
  • lmao baseless assumptions. ok dude. I'm just saying that I hate whenever the anime gives him all three starters. He is going to be raising them for quite a while and yes he probably will change them up later. But as of now, we have to watch many episodes with pokemon I think are overshown.

P.S obviously its my way of thinking dude. Everyone posts their own way of thinking its called an opinion. thats why poeple post stuff, to share their opinion.

I honestly agree with the fact it's weird they give him a bunch of starters. I like it when they don't actually give him all three, maybe just one and give another to the second main char. Except he always gives a chunk of his pokemon away at some point... xD So it makes you wonder if he really will train them...

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • It's been a while since I did this. This should be fun. Anyway, I'm just going read a post one at a time and decide to comment on it or not. If someone already replied to your post or whatever then you could ignore my comments. Don't really care though. Excuse the spelling mistakes though.

JALEEMEE said:
    Well I have been watching the Best Wishes
    series in Japanese with English subtitles
    and I must say that Ash is pissing me off quite a bit.
    For some reason, they make him know nothing about
    pokemon again. He is terrible at battling, his pikachu is
    super weak against a new starter snivy (wtf), and overall
    he hasnt blabbed about his previous wins in other regions.

It's not that they make him know nothing. It's probably that h may be a little too excited over his newest adventure. It's been the same in every region except for Hoenn and maybe one other. Anyway, it's to help the new watchers and players connect with the show better. "Oh! Satoshi is a newbie like me! Kawaii!~"

**also as a side note, I hate when ash gets all the starters on
    his team plus a dumb mamepato (the bird one). We already know
    the starters and have seen them, I want ash to train at least some
    cooler B/W pokemon.
    It's called proper advertising especially since Witch and green haired guy don't seem to be doing anything important anyway.

Kirbychu said:
    The anime is suppose to be about a 10 year-old boy on his journey to learn how to be a great Pokemon trainer. If Ash already knew everything he wouldn't be learning, now would he?

It's supposed to be about him becoming a Pokémon Master. If he was supposed to be learning, then wouldn't he get this reset in every saga? He didn't get it any besides Unova.

AshPikastar said:
    Satoshi has all three Pokemon starters which isn't bad but it would have been nice to see Dento having Snivy while Iris having Tepig instead of Satoshi hogging it all.

If they're not going to significant like May and Dawn were, then thy shouldn't have the starter Pokémon.

He doesn't know much about Pokemon.

Yes he does. Why would you think otherwise?

JALEEMEE said:
    But Im saying for us old pokemon fans, it is a bit annoying. I just dont like how they repeat and restart intead of trying to further and pronounce it.

Who cares about the older fans? The show isn't aimed at us anyway. They're just following the games and their rinse and repeat strategy.

The B/W saga is their biggest success in Japan so far
    Do you have any proof of this?

ash just looks like a dumba$$ again...
    He's always been a dumbass quite frankly.

Mew~ said:
    Honestly, about pikachu - I think it would be stupid keeping Pikachu all powerful n' stuff because it would make all the gym leaders way too easy for Ash.

No it wouldn't. The writers could just increase the strength of the Gum Leaders and that's it. Problem solved.

weedle_mchairybug said:
    It's actually MORE irritating that he apparently never learned from the previous seasons at all. If he at least kept the basics of the trade up, it wouldn't seem as irritating. Now, he just seems to fleb in regards to even knowing how to throw a pokeball.

He has learned. Really, just because he doesn't use Counter Shield or whatever every other move doesn't mean he hasn't learned anything. Overreacting weedle. :(

He may not have been all that great in the previous seasons, but he at least seemed to be somewhat of a veteran and know how things are supposed to work. This time, however, he seems to be making the exact same mistakes that Dawn, May, and even he made in the beginning of their careers, which isn't good at all, and actually cheapens his so-called veteranishness.
    What mistakes? Considering he's encountering all new Pokémon with new abilities and such, it's excusable if he's making any of these mistakes that you say he is doing.

Honestly... It's times like these where replacing Ash actually would have been the better option. So what if people outcried? People outcried about Misty leaving as well, even citing that the shows ratings went down as a result, yet that never stopped the writers from outright ignoring us.
    At this point, he's more relate-able to the franchise than Misty or Mewtwo or whatever really. Why throw away a face of a franchise when no one but some old ****s are complaining?

JALEEMEE said:
    Exactly, they used to make it so that Ash was the smarter one (who was still learning) and someone else (dawn) was completely new. But now they have that new girl traveling with him who is as dumb as he is. Too much stupidity if you ask me. I mean, I understand if the makers want to point out that "Oh wow a water type should have an advantage over a fire type," but they literally do it 60 TIMES!!! and they make ash not know anything about pokeballs and all that stuff. Like, why is the new girl telling ash he needs to weaken a pokemon, cmon.

Too much stupidity? What? It's clear that he was excited about starting a new adventure. Really, he's ten-years-old. What do you expect from him? To be mature about it and act like a guy he's been through it all? Please.

Kirbychu said:
    You know, I actually agree that replacing Ash would be the better option here. It is pretty awkward to see him go from being an outstanding trainer to just another greenhorn.

Once again, why replace a recognizable part of the franchise after fourteen years? There's really no point.

Every generation we constantly hear people say that the new Pokemon games are garbage and change the original formula too much. They go on about how they'll never buy the games, yet they eat it up anyways.
    Do you have any proof of this? Or are you basing it off of some random internet morons?

There's also quite a few people who want Ash to leave and like you already said, the writers hardly pay attention to us.
    Considering he's still on the show, it must not be that many people in the target area.

JALEEMEE said:
    How do you not understand? lets think about this. Ash has the starters on his team right now. Not only does this mean that he intends to keep the pokemon for a long while, but its the 3 main pokemon of the series, I dont see why he would get rid of any of them in the anytime soon.

He probably won't.

Maybe he will switch out mamepato later on (though I doubt it) but as for now he has a semi-full team of pokemon that are pretty boring to me. Instead of having one or two spaces on his team for new, cooler B/W pokemon, he could have had 4-5 spaces if he didnt have all the starters.
    They're boring to you but what about other people? they might think those three Pokémon are mega cool. Really, what "cooler" Pokémon would you have given him?

It just seems unrealistic and lame that he has all 3 starters, just take one and find new ones like other trainers lol.
    How is it unrealistic? He caught all of them in the wild. What's unrealistic about?

weedle_mchairybug said:
    The problem is that Ash still had some basics and memories of his journeys in Kanto and Johto when in Hoenn, even though Generation III was implied to be concurrent with Generation I.

In game canon. Not in animé canon.

Kenshin5 said:
    Joking aside, I wouldn't mind if they had Ash retain his pokemon knowledge from every region and actually appear as a grizzled veteran. I am getting rather sick of the dumb down and excuses of why Pikachu gets powered down each region.

He does retain his knowledge. He just catches new Pokémon who don't have as much battling experience as his other "veteran" Pokémon.

If they want to dumb down or have a noob then get a whole new trainer. Marketing will probably not allow this though >_>.
    OMG people are catching on.

As far as Ash having 3 starters it seems like lazy writing or at the very least uncreative. Yes he may be able to have a rotation going on throughout the region, but capturing one gives more possibilities outside of the starters which I would like to see.
    How is that lazy writing? If the writers give them some back story (Like the have) then it isn't lazy writing.

So what if they change stuff up, would you prefer to keep it the same then have the series go stale?
    Keeping stuff the same certainly is working for the animé isn't it?

weedle_mchairybug said:
    And anyways, we can't be so certain that marketing won't allow for Ash being replaced. Remember, people also didn't think that Snake of Metal Gear would have been replaced as a main character, yet he did, and had only four games in which he was the actual main character, 4 1/3 if one counts the Tanker Chapter in Metal Gear Solid 2, and did it affect the sales of Metal Gear Solid/Metal Gear for the lack of Solid Snake? No, far from it.

At this point, Ash is probably more recognizable than Snake is. Especially since the franchise Ash is in is more popular internationally.

Plus, even IF the Anime series, for some reason or another, ended up getting cancelled, that does not mean that the Games will be affected. The Mario cartoons, which served a similar purpose, ended up cancelled, yet its cancellation obviously did little to affect the series.
    Yeah it can still get canceled. It doesn't stop them from advertising the games anyway.

123wert50 said:
    Maybe it's just the jappanese version he's annoying in?

He's annoying in all versions.

Bellacrose said:
    Yes it does seem "unrealistic" for him to have all three starters, and he somehow MANAGES to find them out in the wild. SOMEHOW.

Maybe they're are more plentiful in the wild in the animé. I still don't see how it is unrealistic considering the franchise we're discussing here. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's unrealistic.

As you can see, there was another series where they had Kris and that... Dude with the Typhlosion as the chars, but that didn't last long at all.
    That was simply a special. it wasn't intended to be a long drawn out series.

If many people in the target audience didn't want him then he wouldn't be there. But he is meaning they may not have any problems with him.

JALEEMEE said:
    But as of now, we have to watch many episodes with pokemon I think are overshown.

Just because you think they're overshown doesn't mean that's the actual case.

Defend your opinion.

Bellacrose said:
    I honestly agree with the fact it's weird they give him a bunch of starters. I like it when they don't actually give him all three, maybe just one and give another to the second main char. Except he always gives a chunk of his pokemon away at some point... xD So it makes you wonder if he really will train them...

If they're not going to be important why should the writers give them a starter Pokémon? They did that with Brock and Mudkip in Hoenn and Mudkip didn't get as much attention as Treeko and Torchic did. They fixed that mistake by giving Ash two starters and one to Dawn in Sinnoh.

Also, he hasn't given away a Pokémon since Beedrill in Johto. He doesn't give them away anymore really.

Last edited:

Demigod

umop ap!sdn
    Years
  • The last 2 Gen killed the "true" essence of how great Pokemon could have been.

Also how Ash's Pikachu is not stronger considering the Lvl. it must be at but in the anime the Lvl seems to not matter as much.

It's always the same scenario.. he end's up with most starters and catches the bird Pokemon.

I don't think I'll be watching this disaster.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • How is that lazy writing? If the writers give them some back story (Like the have) then it isn't lazy writing.

I suppose if they give them personality and add a back story it really wouldn't matter what pokemon they give Ash. I just hope they elaborate on Tepig and Snivy story with their former trainers.

When I was saying keeping stuff the same would grow stale I was alluding to the games not the anime. Because a select few people gripe every generation that there are changes to the games and how the new pokemon don't look like pokemon and look more like Digimon. That short of bs.

The last 2 Gen killed the "true" essence of how great Pokemon could have been.

Also how Ash's Pikachu is not stronger considering the Lvl. it must be at but in the anime the Lvl seems to not matter as much.

It's always the same scenario.. he end's up with most starters and catches the bird Pokemon.

I don't think I'll be watching this disaster.
    What is the true essence? How great pokemon could have been? Seems pretty get to me and I don't understand what you mean by the true essence. There is no level scales in the anime as there is in the game. Even though it has been mentioned in episodes like EP009.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • Kenshin5 said:
    When I was saying keeping stuff the same would grow stale I was alluding to the games not the anime. Because a select few people gripe every generation that there are changes to the games and how the new pokemon don't look like pokemon and look more like Digimon. That short of bs.

The games are stale. It's the same thing every time with some new glitter thrown over it to make it more attractive.

Years
  • It's supposed to be about him becoming a Pokémon Master. If he was supposed to be learning, then wouldn't he get this reset in every saga? He didn't get it any besides Unova.

Fair enough. Becoming a Pokemon Master requires that Ash learns more about training, battling, and Pokemon. If this is truly what the show is suppose to be about, the show wouldn't have a "mature" Ash that knows everything already.

What mistakes? Considering he's encountering all new Pokémon with new abilities and such, it's excusable if he's making any of these mistakes that you say he is doing.
    Most people are concerned that after all these years, Ash still doesn't know the technique to capturing Pokemon. There's nothing new about that.

At this point, he's more relate-able to the franchise than Misty or Mewtwo or whatever really. Why throw away a face of a franchise when no one but some old ****s are complaining?

Once again, why replace a recognizable part of the franchise after fourteen years? There's really no point.

Considering he's still on the show, it must not be that many people in the target area.

I disagree. If the writers were to ever replace Ash it would be understandable. They could have easily replaced him for Best Wishes, they had the perfect excuse. They were obviously trying to make the anime feel fresh and new, they could have easily swapped out Ash to emphasize this. Yes, it's only old viewers who are complaining, but it's also the old viewers who have the strongest attachment to Ash. As you already know, the target audience is children. Many of whom don't even really know who this Ash guy is. It would be pretty reasonable to replace Ash with the BW hero to make it feel more relatable to the kiddies. It would only be the old viewers who are ticked off. The target audience isn't even talking about the anime in the manner we are, they'd most likely just go with the flow. I don't think Ash would be replaced by fans complaining, but at the writers own will.

Do you have any proof of this? Or are you basing it off of some random internet morons?

That happens all the time. I'm surprised I'm even being asked to show proof. What sort of proof are you looking for? Are the sales figures for B/W enough proof for you that people eat up these games, regardless of what Game Freak does to change it?

They're boring to you but what about other people? they might think those three Pokémon are mega cool. Really, what "cooler" Pokémon would you have given him?
    Does it really hurt to give Ash's team some variety? Yeah, this is another complaint from a grumpy old man, but that's how I feel nonetheless. I loved Ash's Hoenn team because there was only one starter on it. Having only one starter gave Ash's team a lot of variety and made it interesting.

How is it unrealistic? He caught all of them in the wild. What's unrealistic about?
    Ash just so happens to capture the same three Pokemon that the professor gives out. Not to mention that this is his third time doing so. Apparently Ash is so special that he just has to have all three starters.

Yep. :(

Last edited:

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • Kirbychu said:
    Fair enough. Becoming a Pokemon Master requires that Ash learns more about training, battling, and Pokemon. If this is truly what the show is suppose to be about, the show wouldn't have a "mature" Ash that knows everything already.

So you agree? Yes, no? Didn't get a position there.

Most people are concerned that after all these years, Ash still doesn't know the technique to capturing Pokemon. There's nothing new about that.

Yes he does. He does know how to do that so I'm beginning to fear that the people who are complaining don't even watch the show.

I disagree. If the writers were to ever replace Ash it would be understandable. They could have easily replaced him for Best Wishes, they had the perfect excuse. They were obviously trying to make the anime feel fresh and new, they could have easily swapped out Ash to emphasize this.
    They could have but there would be no reason for them to do it. Considering the new viewers, this is fresh and new for them.

Yes, it's only old viewers who are complaining, but it's also the old viewers who have the strongest attachment to Ash. As you already know, the target audience is children. Many of whom don't even really know who this Ash guy is.
    So you would agree that he is fresh and new to them?

It would be pretty reasonable to replace Ash with the BW hero to make it feel more relatable to the kiddies.
    Ash is recognizable with the franchise. Why throw away an icon in your show or the franchise in general?

It would only be the old viewers who are ticked off. The target audience isn't even talking about the anime in the manner we are, they'd most likely just go with the flow. I don't think Ash would be replaced by fans complaining, but at the writers own will.
    And the writers must feel that there is no reason to replace him. The ratings aren't astronomically low or anything so why make a drastic move like replacing the key figure in your franchise?

That happens all the time. I'm surprised I'm even being asked to show proof. What sort of proof are you looking for? Are the sales figures for B/W enough proof for you that people eat up these games, regardless of what Game Freak does to change it?
    Yes, show me proof that people who say they don't buy the games go out and buy them anyway.

Does it really hurt to give Ash's team some variety? Yeah, this is another complaint from a grumpy old man, but that's how I feel nonetheless. I loved Ash's Hoenn team because there was only one starter on it. Having only one starter gave Ash's team a lot of variety and made it interesting.

There wasn't much variety unless variety to you means "Not a starter Pokémon".

Ash just so happens to capture the same three Pokemon that the professor gives out. Not to mention that this is his third time doing so. Apparently Ash is so special that he just has to have all three starters.
    Considering the last time he caught all three starters was before 1999 (Over a decade), meaning he's gone through two regions not counting Kanto again without catching all three, it doesn't seem all that unrealistic.

Sucks for whoever doesn't like it.

Years

• Yes he does. He does know how to do that so I'm beginning to fear that the people who are complaining don't even watch the show.

I'm referring to the moment where Ash saw a Shikijika and immediately threw a Poke Ball at it. Iris had to tell him to weaken it. despite Ash catching Pokemon many times before. I suppose you could always argue that he simply forgot for a minute.

Ash is recognizable with the franchise. Why throw away an icon in your show or the franchise in general?

In the future they might want to try something new. Maybe they'll want to use an adult or a girl, or they might just get sick of Ash someday. I don't believe Ash is immune to replacement.

Yes, show me proof that people who say they don't buy the games go out and buy them anyway.

Do DP's amazing sales count?

There wasn't much variety unless variety to you means "Not a starter Pokémon".
    Starter Pokemon of the same type tend to follow similar trends. It's nice to see some variety in Ash's Pokemon. I'd take a second crustacean over a third water starter any day.

Considering the last time he caught all three starters was before 1999 (Over a decade), meaning he's gone through two regions not counting Kanto again without catching all three, it doesn't seem all that unrealistic.
    That feels unrealistic to me. You'd think he'd be more likely to catch the regional rodent or something. Meh, just my opinion.

Bellacrose

Lover of Wartortles
    Years
  • Maybe they're are more plentiful in the wild in the animé. I still don't see how it is unrealistic considering the franchise we're discussing here. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's unrealistic.

That was simply a special. it wasn't intended to be a long drawn out series.

If many people in the target audience didn't want him then he wouldn't be there. But he is meaning they may not have any problems with him.

Firstly, I never said I didn't like it. I just said it seems kind of unrealistic. Maybe I sounded that way but oh well :P

And I meant based on the opinions I heard from people who watched and reviewed those few episodes. Apparently it shows every day in Australia, but thats from those wiki sites and I was never too sure about it. And it never airs here anymore. :I

And the target audience may have a problem with Ash, they may not. I was just pointing out that from people who've watched the old episodes or are watching them if you consider people who may go back and watch old episodes, think he's a bit.. Predictable and stale now. xD Maybe he's matured but a lot of the time he feels like a static character sometimes. (Pun?)
    I'm not going to pick on his Pikachu, because I honestly like his Pikachu. It is probably my favorite character because it turned out to be such a dynamic character C:
    Also a starter doesn't necessarily have to be important. You do see other random trainers with starters as well throughout all the series. They never say how they got them.. Heck Oak never says how he gets them >_> But they have them and maybe they got them from a professor or they were bred for them, I don't really know. I guess I don't see why he can't use more normal pokemon you'd see and make them look special. And Brock and his mudkip probably didn't get enough attention because Brock doesn't exactly shine in the battle spotlight often, unlike Ash who battles very often and Dawn and May who had a lot of contest episodes. I liked Ash's Buizel (well it was Dawn's but details >>) since it had a good personality about it and a tough attitude :P And they could make more of those with good storylines behind them, it never hurts to have those.
    I know this probably contradicts the whole 'they don't have to be rare thing', but that's up for speculation until the creators clarify. ;P

That feels unrealistic to me. You'd think he'd be more likely to catch the regional rodent or something. Meh, just my opinion.

Rofl I remember when he tried to catch a Pidgey with his shirt and failed horribly. And a Rattata stole some of his food xD And it was a terrible day.. Good times...

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years

• I'm referring to the moment where Ash saw a Shikijika and immediately threw a Poke Ball at it. Iris had to tell him to weaken it. despite Ash catching Pokemon many times before. I suppose you could always argue that he simply forgot for a minute.
    When I first saw that I was thinking he must have been overly exacted over a new region of pokemon and one he has never seen before that he compulsively threw it without thinking of weakening it. I guess we could make a comparrsion to the games and the anime with them making Ash seem like a noob, they also have tutorials and the beginning of games because a lot of people are probably new to both the anime and game they need to reintroduce the basics of pokemon to them.

Iqid Loopz

This sentence is a lie.
    Years
  • It's kind of funny to see him fail a simple task like catching Pokemon and other things. But some day I hope he just snaps on people for taking in to much crap. Especially with his new companion. The girl. Forgot her name. And also HOPE he becomes more cocky towards others. Especially when he busts out his Pikachu. A rare Pokemon in Isshu. LOL

Broleta

[..1..]
    Years
  • It's a little ridiculous as it undermines everything Ash has learned in the previous series and to an extent the time the viewer has spent watching those episodes. I.E. what was the point of watching those episodes if even the characters didnt take anything from them?

If the series is supposed to be about Ash learning more and more about pokemon in order to become a master, it seems counter productive to clear his mind after every series as even if he does learn something valuable, he will just forget it regardless and so his goal of master is impossible to reach.

Back