• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ash's Pokemon

Chibaymega12

Enemies of the Leaf Beware!
Years
  • Maybe Pikachu loses to the beginning gym leaders 'cause it's stats are low.
    The Pokemon people try to make the tv show nothing like the game or manga so people will watch it.
    Just my opinion.

perhaps... that got me thinking... you wouldn't think there would be such a think as EV training in pokemon, but a pokemon can have an endless amount of potential. Maybe pikachu hasn't reached his full potential yet, and his stats are just low. But that still doesn't explain how it can take on legendaries like nothing, but then tie with a mediocre elekid...

RangerLunick

Rookie Ranger
    Years
  • I can't bear to watch much of the anime passed season one because of this. He released Charizard, Lugia and Pidgeot. He never evolved Bulbasaur, Cyndaquil or Squirtle either.

Kids getting into the games through the cartoon must be awful trainers, the guy vowed to be a pokemon master but the guy has failed in every sense of the title. If it were all were real this bad example would be hounded off television.

Luckii

Medium
    Years
  • I suppose I agree, his team SHOULD have a bit more variety actually. It looks like they've done a lot of work promoting the new season, so I'd like to see him with some more stronger and evolved types.

I'm rather taken by Dawn though, but because the anime is so repetitive these days I'd rather pretend it doesn't exist sometimes =P

Chibaymega12

Years
  • xD. Yeah, that's kinda me too these days. I just like seeing the teams Ash comes up with, and rating how pathetic they are.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • Don't read if you dont want to see a spoiler

Warning! Spoiler! Please do not read if you don't want to see a spoiler. Repeat!

First off, I think its Ash's pokemon that choose not to evolve. either that or they just don't get enough experience.

Second: Ash (finally) is rumored to get an evolved pokemon by the end of this season. In a few more episodes, he catches a gligar. On a poster for the 11th (or is it 10th) movie, it shows a Gliscor next to Ash's team. THis could mean Ash finally gets a quality pokemon on his sinnoh team(besides pikachu).

Finally: I htink the anime is somewhat related to he games and manga, but not entirely. How can Pikachu learn Volt Tackle and Turtwig Energy Ball without breeding or TMs? Seriously. Also, Ash's team needs plenty of work on. It has good balance, but by now everyone besides Pikachu should have evolved at least once. Turtwig has been battling alot, along with Buizel and Chimchar. I just don't get y they don't evolve.

Mattysaurus

Take it slow, braaah
    Years
  • I can't bear to watch much of the anime passed season one because of this. He released Charizard, Lugia and Pidgeot. He never evolved Bulbasaur, Cyndaquil or Squirtle either.

Kids getting into the games through the cartoon must be awful trainers, the guy vowed to be a pokemon master but the guy has failed in every sense of the title. If it were all were real this bad example would be hounded off television.

He didnt release Charizard, its just in training at the Charific Valley. Thats how it learned good moves like Dragonbreath and Overheat.

Haseo115

The Terror of Death
    Years
  • Ash gets on my nerves sometimes. I mean he had so many oppurtunities to catch powerful and rare pokemon but he doesn't it's so annoying.:\

Chibaymega12

Years
  • Ash gets on my nerves sometimes. I mean he had so many oppurtunities to catch powerful and rare pokemon but he doesn't it's so annoying.:\

agree 100%
    I don't understand it. He always helps these strong and powerful pokemon, but doesn't capture any. Helping pokemon defines a ranger, capturing pokemon is a partial defenition to a trainer. He'd have his pokedex filled to the brink if he captured all the pokemon he spends days helping.

CharmUp!

大丈夫★~!
    Years
  • Satoshi doesn't NEED to fill up his Zukan. -_- All the Pokemon he helps either belong to another person, or aren't that interesting in the first place. Even he did catch them, most of them would be rotting at Ookido-hakase's lab throughout the series, which would be a dumbass move by the writers. Just think of how Pigeon was demoted to balloon popper after he catched the starters back in Kanto. Times 200.

Chibaymega12

Years
  • I under stand your reasoning, Charm, but Satoshi/Ash's purpose as a trainer is to capture and train as many pokemon as possible, and i'm sure his team would be lots stronger if he captured the wild pokemon he's helped. I'm of sure of this because Satoshi/Ash, would have lots more pokemon to help him with the league and gym battles, as he did in the Kanto League. Just my opinion though

Charliezard

A wild shroomish appeared!
    Years
  • *sigh* There are NO levels in the anime. Does your cat gain EXP for killing a bird? It might get stronger (I don't see how, but Pokemon battle so yeah, different there) but Pokemon would have good and bad days like people. So, sometimes Ash isn't really thinking (as much...) or Pikachu is just tired. Doesn't explain how Pikachu ties with an Elekid and *just* wins against a Roselia after 1HKOing a Regice, though haha.

Episode 9, with the school says there are levels, they just aren't as obvious as in the game cuz we don't see a number above their HP bar.

Also the Gym Leaders aren't crappy Gym Leaders. They would've had their Pokemon for a long time as well, they would have stratergies that enable them to run a qualified Gym and they would be constantly getting better. Ash isn't the only person who actually trains pokemon. Everyone else is NOT at a standstill while he becomes stronger to wipe the floor with their ass :P

Least that's the way I view it lol.

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    actually we should miss pikachu....(i think ash will evolve it!!###spoiler###)

Years
  • Let's look it at like this.
    So, Ash has had pikachu and has been using him for 4 years.
    A lot of the gym leaders are adults and if we assume they started Pokemon training when they were 10 too, even if it took them a couple of years to catch the pokemon they use now, most of their pokemon will have a good five or then years on pikachu's experience at least.
    Plus, Ash doesn't EV train [= haha.

CharmUp!

大丈夫★~!
    Years
  • Episode 9, with the school says there are levels, they just aren't as obvious as in the game cuz we don't see a number above their HP bar.
    Keep in mind, that episode aired ten years ago. Obviously, they retconned the notion of numbered levels existing in the anime's version of the Pokemon world a long time ago. Starting at that point, the anime seems to go with levels of EXPERIMENCE rather than levels with NUMBERS.

Also the Gym Leaders aren't crappy Gym Leaders. They would've had their Pokemon for a long time as well, they would have stratergies that enable them to run a qualified Gym and they would be constantly getting better. Ash isn't the only person who actually trains pokemon. Everyone else is NOT at a standstill while he becomes stronger to wipe the floor with their ass :P
    I agree with this, though.
    I under stand your reasoning, Charm, but Satoshi/Ash's purpose as a trainer is to capture and train as many pokemon as possible, and i'm sure his team would be lots stronger if he captured the wild pokemon he's helped. I'm of sure of this because Satoshi/Ash, would have lots more pokemon to help him with the league and gym battles, as he did in the Kanto League. Just my opinion though
    Sure, a trainer travels around the world battling and catching Pokemon, but they aren't required to capture every Pokemon they see. Furthermore, to the viewers, the Pokemon he captures and gets sent to the lab one second later wouldn't be as memorable because he'd have millions more waiting on stand-by (it'd probably serve nothing more than be a meaningless plot device in a league battle).

Satoshi has captured plenty of Pokemon that were useful while being memorable at the same time. Looking at his last adventure, most of his captures there come to mind (probably, AG was the one series where almost all the Pokemon he captured were useful throughout the adventure). His Shin'ou team will probably be just as good, with a few evolutions here and there (hey, it seems to be reminiscent of his original Kanto team, which was great).
    actually we should miss pikachu....(i think ash will evolve it!!###spoiler###)
    No.

Jebel35

Legendary Seeker
    Years
  • agree 100%
    I don't understand it. He always helps these strong and powerful pokemon, but doesn't capture any. Helping pokemon defines a ranger, capturing pokemon is a partial defenition to a trainer. He'd have his pokedex filled to the brink if he captured all the pokemon he spends days helping.

I think the idea of Ash NOT catching strong or powerful pokemon is because he seems to think that they technically "don't need him". Thus, he doesn't attempt to capture them. It seems to be that way with a lot of Pokemon in most of the series. But that's just my theory on it.

Back