• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ask simple questions here!

Years

• Ammo fights happen. They happen more if I'm tired. I've had them with Growlithes, one Scyther, a Hypno, and more Vennonats and Gastlies than I can count. I blame myself for being a bad shot. I have poor fusion and zero depth perception. Just keep walking you buddy and hatching your eggs. Don't buy anything.

For what it is worth, with Gastlies it is good to use a relatively flat pitch starting out a bit higher, but of course I'm still an awful shot.

Afterglow Ampharos

Ampharos are the ultimate kid's bed. They have a b
    Years
  • Your goal should ALWAYS be to throw the ball when the capture ring is at the smallest. That is the single biggest factor in increasing the multiplier for your catch rate.

Um, thanks, but wording your answer that way sneakily sidesteps my question. Could you please clarify? I as asking along the lines of: do you get some kind of multiplier for a small circle even if you missed the circle?

P.S. I kinda disagree -- in my experience, timing throws for small circles is less important than timing throws right after a Pokemon has finished an animation. See, timing throws for small circles often has the Pokemon block your shot, or jump over it. tl;dr, Aiming for a great multiplier is moot if the Pokemon dodges.

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
  • Um, thanks, but wording your answer that way sneakily sidesteps my question. Could you please clarify? I as asking along the lines of: do you get some kind of multiplier for a small circle even if you missed the circle?

P.S. I kinda disagree -- in my experience, timing throws for small circles is less important than timing throws right after a Pokemon has finished an animation. See, timing throws for small circles often has the Pokemon block your shot, or jump over it. tl;dr, Aiming for a great multiplier is moot if the Pokemon dodges.
    It's black and white. It's hard-coded in the game that the smaller the capture ring, the higher the success rate. That's just how the game works at a fundamental level.

Hitting the Pokémon inside the capture ring only nets you the capture bonus (Nice, Great, Excellent). Your priority is the size of the ring, first and foremost, every time. Again, that's just how the game is programmed. People have already mined the data for this.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2017
    Is Farfetch'd really available in "Asia"? Or "within Asia"? The only reported case so far where it was caught were Japan and South Korea.

Last time I checked, my home country, the Philippines is still part of Asia. None of the PH players I know thinks that the PH pokedex is 142 but 141 excluding Farfetch'd.

How does other Regional pokemon spawn location works? Especially Mr. Mime if it spawn all over Europe or only selected parts of Europe?

VisualJae

Years
  • Is Farfetch'd really available in "Asia"? Or "within Asia"? The only reported case so far where it was caught were Japan and South Korea.

Last time I checked, my home country, the Philippines is still part of Asia. None of the PH players I know thinks that the PH pokedex is 142 but 141 excluding Farfetch'd.

How does other Regional pokemon spawn location works? Especially Mr. Mime if it spawn all over Europe or only selected parts of Europe?
    Not sure about the Philippines, but I have family and friends in parts of Asia reporting Farfetch'd sightings in Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore, and Japan. I caught my Mr. Mime when I visited France. I have friends who caught their Mimes in Ireland, England, Scotland, Spain, and Germany.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2017
    Not sure about the Philippines, but I have family and friends in parts of Asia reporting Farfetch'd sightings in Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore, and Japan. I caught my Mr. Mime when I visited France. I have friends who caught their Mimes in Ireland, England, Scotland, Spain, and Germany.

Quite a lot of Asian countries so it must really be available. Thanks for the info.

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2017
    I'm level 29. Can somebody explain why, if I power-up a pokemon all the way, it goes to level 30.5? Is it always your level plus 1.5?

VisualJae

Years
  • I'm level 29. Can somebody explain why, if I power-up a pokemon all the way, it goes to level 30.5? Is it always your level plus 1.5?
    Yes, a Pokémon's CP cap is always your level +1.5 until level 40.

Also you may have noticed that after level 30, a Pokémon will only gain half the CP from a normal powerup (e.g. a Dragonite will gain on average 44-50 CP per powerup until level 30, after which it will only gain about 22-25 CP per powerup).

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2016
    Is asking about a GPS hack against the rules?
    I would like to get my wife some Pokémon from other areas of the world

VisualJae

Years
  • Is asking about a GPS hack against the rules?
    I would like to get my wife some Pokémon from other areas of the world
    We don't talk about cheating here. If you want to risk your account through cheating, you best keep it to yourself.

That's an honest warning.

And on a more personal level, I am strongly against it. This is coming from someone who did travel overseas and caught exclusives the right way.

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2017
    why did niantic fix the sniping for battling rival gyms only? so often ive gotten my spots taken by a-holes after training up gyms. yesterday, after working on a gym for over 15 minutes, i just needed 600 points or so. you can guess what happened next. training up gyms is so hard since the update, they shouldve done the fix on the friedly gyms first.

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2017
    I have a Machoke with move set: Karate Chop / Cross Chop. If I evolve it to Machamp, what are the odds it will keep the same move set?

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen today
    There seems to be a new freezing glitch. It started recently. When I click my avatar in the left hand corner the entire screen freezes. If I click the box and erase the catch then openthe ap a window will pop up saying pokemon go isn't responding would you like to close it. The only way to unfreeze it is to restart the phone entirely. It used to sometimes freeze on the ball catching animation but never when clicking on my avatar n the corner.

NintendoQueen

The Queen of Nintendo
    Years
  • I don't know if this was asked about yet or not already, but does anyone have any issues with spoofers in their towns? Every once in awhile, this team of Instinct-ers come about and put themselves into gyms (even when no one is around, trust me, my BFF and I experienced it when we were the ONLY ones near a gym).
    It's ridiculous and not fair. I just am wondering if anyone else ever had an experience with a spoofer?

NintendoQueen

The Queen of Nintendo
    Years
  • I'm sorry if this double posts, but...

There seems to be a new freezing glitch. It started recently. When I click my avatar in the left hand corner the entire screen freezes. If I click the box and erase the catch then openthe ap a window will pop up saying pokemon go isn't responding would you like to close it. The only way to unfreeze it is to restart the phone entirely. It used to sometimes freeze on the ball catching animation but never when clicking on my avatar n the corner.
    My BFF has been having issues as well! Anytime we are getting Poke Stops, she gets the white spinning Pokeball in the corner and it freezes up her game. We are still wondering why this happens to her. :\

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen today
    I get the white spinning pokestop a lot too, usually that happens if the game is closed for awhile then I open it again by a pokestop, there will tend to be "ghost" Pokémon as well, aka Pokémon that spawned previously, stayed for the 10 minute spawntime then despawned but left behind a empty shell of themselves and if you click on it they tend to disappear and you get an error message. Sometimes a new Pokémon will spawn in the same spot so you have mutant Weedlenat's and Pidgetta's. Or 2 headed Weedle's.

I've also had pokestops where I spin them and they stay blue and don't give any items, but if I shut off the game and reload it they are now purple and the items are in my inventory. If I don't shut my phone off I can still collect the next pokestop fine but the one that stayed blue never gives those items.

There has been countless freezing glitches with the game since I got it in July, but this new glitch just started recently. Like a week ago. And it's definitely the most annoying.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I've also gotten that a lot too suddenly (clicking avatar icon freezes the game). First time I got it was after taking over a gym, a rare event for me. =( I presume it's a glitch introduced by the newest update, so hopefully the next one fixes it.

Back