• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Astra Story ★ OOC

Years
  • Didn't Rose have needlekind? And she used her needles as wands when she went all voidy :D

accepted, yassss

Yes, Rose did use needlekind! ouo

Personally, I'd go with needlekind for versatility, but iirc some weapons of the needlekind specibus also function as wandkind, and vice versa.

edit: added a song to theme songs on me SU

Okay, needlekind it is! I've gone through my options and two is better than one. XD I also think that having him attack physically most of the time would be a nice change for me as an RPer, as all my characters (that attack) up to this point, except for my legends of abyllia character, have all been ranged/magic attacking people.

I've also realized that I don't exactly know the benefits from being a Derse dreamer. I remember that rose heard voices but I can't remember what they were about. I've read that they were from those weird creatures in the dream bubbles, but it also says that their intent, other than to stop their own destruction, is unknown.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Prospit dreamers might see the future or other clairvoyancey stuff in the clouds of Skaia during the eclipse.

Derse dreamers might have a connection to the Horrorterrors who know just as much as Skaia probably but are more manipulative and active, while Skaia is ultimately passive.

Years
  • Prospit dreamers might see the future or other clairvoyancey stuff in the clouds of Skaia during the eclipse.

Derse dreamers might have a connection to the Horrorterrors who know just as much as Skaia probably but are more manipulative and active, while Skaia is ultimately passive.

Ok, that makes sense. Thank you!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Name: Ashling "Ash" Jenkins
    Theme song: Crystalmethequins (default), Crystalanthemums (tender moment), Crystamanthequins (strife), Crystalanthology (dreamself/god tier)
    Appearance: Ash is a rather PETITE girl, standing at a mere 160 cm height and weighing around 50 kg despite her relatively well shaped, almost MUSCULAR build. Her skin is very fair with an abundance of FRECKLES, and her hair is of a platinum BLONDE variety. She most often keeps her fair curls in a long BRAID, reaching down below her "behind". On each side of her freckled button nose, sits a big eye with sea green iris. She doesn't bother with piercings but she often paints her nails black, possibly just to counter the overall bright kind of aura that her complexion and hair gives her.

Her normal style of clothing consists of dark leggings under short tunics of various colors, sometimes with chest prints. Usually armless, coupled with hoodies, also most often in dark colors. On her feet, she usually wears boots like these.

Family: She lives in a CASTLE on England's rainy countryside, under the care of the COUNTESS. She always just calls her the COUNTESS although she suspects she is really her actual MOTHER. Albeit a bit elderly. Ashling lacks siblings and has replaced them with plenty of IMAGINARY FRIENDS over the years. Well, that and the STEAMPUNK ROBOT BUDDIES that she has way too many of. Usually, she and her imaginary friends try to escape from the robots rather than actually playing with them. Not since she became a teenager though. Now she is more concerned about fitting in with the other people in school, and less about actually feeling well.

Home: The CASTLE lies on a hill some mile or two away from a tiny BRITISH TOWN and they have no close neighbors. It is surrounded mostly by meadows but there is also a forest right across one of the fields, where Ash used to play when she was little. Against the COUNTESS' wishes, of course, since there might be DANGEROUS CREATURES residing in the forest.

The castle consists of a major body and two wings. The MAIN HOUSE is where Ash and her m- the Countess make their home. Ash has a bedroom, two old playrooms full of ancient rusty toys she hasn't touched in years, and a HEADQUARTERS which is basically just where she keeps a desk and her computer and all the stuff she cares about nowadays. Like her collection of DOCTOR WHO DVDs. All this is on the SECOND FLOOR. There is also, of course, TWO BATHROOMS and a large balcony with an overview of the garden out back.

The Countess makes her home mostly on the FIRST FLOOR and has several rooms filled with FANCY TEXTILES and PLANTS that she likes to weave and tend to. There are bound to be some BATHROOMS here as well. Right?

On the GROUND FLOOR lies the KITCHEN, the DINING HALL and the MUSIC ROOM. And of course, some EXTRA BATHROOMS. Can't have too many of those.

In the EAST WING, the Countess keeps her main hobby, which is neither PLANTS nor FANCY TEXTILES. She is, somewhat unexpectedly, an INVENTOR and has turned most of the rooms in this part of the castle into abominations. Or, well, the home of abominations. Strange STEAMPUNK STYLE ROBOTS are the Countess' biggest product yet and she has plenty of different ones to help out around the castle. There is a ROBOT COOK, a ROBOT GARDENER, a ROBOT CLEANER, a ROBOT DISHWASHER and plenty of ROBOT BUDDIES for Ash. Most of which she has always avoided as much as she possibly can, but they still hide in dark corners of the castle to this day and can jump out at her when she least expects it. Nowadays she doesn't even have her imaginary friends around to help her escape... Which is especially bad if they turn out to be redesigned ROBOT SPARRING MATES.

If the east wing was messed up, the WEST WING is worse though. Ashling has never been allowed in there, so it's a complete mystery what's hiding in the last third of the castle.

Personality: Everybody usually thinks she is weird for living where she does, so she struggles hard to act as un-weird as she can in school, but she never quite hung out with her "friends" there after school was over. Instead, she returned to the castle and lived out her life there, sometimes on the INTERNET. The internet has taught her many things. About time and space and life and death and fandoms and haters. Her favorite phenomena by far is Doctor Who. She wishes that she was a TIME LORD and could REGENERATE upon death, thus buying herself MORE TIME. She is not sure for what she would need time though, as her life sometimes seems POINTLESS. Not to the point that she wouldn't want to live it anymore, but she wonders often what the meaning of it really is.

She hates bright SUNLIGHT and being too warm, but she loves the SMELL and SOUND and FEEL of RAIN and the chill you get from being just a tiny bit too cold, is somehow pleasant for her. She is not at all afraid of the DARK, or anything really. Living with the BUDDIES/SPARRING ROBOTS has dulled her jumpy senses a bit, perhaps. She is not too fond of either her own LOOKS or her PERSONALITY, and as such can appear a bit gloomy and PESSIMISTIC when she lets her CHEERFUL CHARADE down.

The personality she dislikes is something like this: she can be BRASH and INSENSITIVE towards others if she doesn't think that she'll gain anything in particular for being nice. This isn't a conscious choice as much as it's effective logic for her. She has kept the cheerful charade up in school for so long that she probably won't be able to do so when tossed into the unfamiliar situation of an APOCALYPSE GAME happening around her. She usually puts HERSELF FIRST and thinks about doing others favors in terms of how much they'll like her in return - this was a strategy she employed at school when trying to get people to like her as well.

However, in spite of her hatred of TIME'S WORKINGS, she has a tendency to OVERTHINK things and weigh options carefully before acting. This also leads to her LISTENING CLOSELY to other people's plans and opinions because she wouldn't want to miss anything important that might be worth considering. Her selfishness does, perhaps fortunately, not come with a huge chunk of pride; she can admit when somebody else's idea is better than hers. She might just be GRUMPY about it for a while.

History: The tiny, blonde girl from the castle. She's jokingly called the PRINCESS in school, something she absolutely hates. She has always tried to act as normally as possibly in school, leading to her adapting a cheerful charade and letting the comments about her home fly past her. But inside, she bottled up a lot of anger. When she became a teenager, she started to try to take that anger out physically by hitting the Countess' precious garden statues until her fists turned bloody. Of course the Countess couldn't have that. Blood stains on the statues, yuck. So she build ROBOT SPARRING MATES for Ash. Well, rather she redesigned some of her old ROBOT BUDDIES into ROBOT SPARRING MATES. These were both designed to seek out Ash when she feels sad or angry, but since they look the same she'll never know if they'll try to play with her or beat her up when they suddenly appear around the castle. At least it gave Ash some good physique.

Other than that, there have been no major events in Ashling's life, unless you count the meteorite that hit the countryside outside the town the same year as Ash was born. That was a pretty big thing, she supposes.

Preferred class: PRINCE
    Somehow, Ash managed to get a class that sounds distinctly masculine. When she finds out, she's going to be a bit offended. But also empowered and triggered to fight harder. Hopefully. Might just be a tiny bit disappointed that she didn't become a "Time Lord".

Preferred aspect: TIME
    Ash wages a constant war with time. It always moves too slowly or too fast, and is never on her side. She hates it deeply and wished that it was more like a physical dimension she could walk through as she saw fit. How she will react when she finds out what her aspect is? Well... She does love Doctor Who, after all.

Chumhandle: temporalTarget [TT] the color is "seagreen"
    LAND: LOTAS (Land of Traps and Seasons)
    Denizen: Jormundgand (midgard/world serpent in Norse mythology)
    Consorts: Chameleons
    Dream moon: PROSPIT
    Main Strife Specibus: SHIELDKIND

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Finished my SU at last! Is she okay? :o

I'll try to get the IC thread up tomorrow. Are you guys still excited enough for this? :)

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Looking good, Rika. Can't wait to start. :3

Also will pesterlogs be a common occurence?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Great!

Yes pesterlogs will be a thing.

I did notice... That some of you mentioned your internet friends. We won't know each other when the game starts. We are seemingly randomly connecting to the game from different parts of the world and getting to know each other as we go.
    That ok? Or do some of you badly want to be friends beforehand? It wouldn't be impossible.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I'd like to be familiar with the other players before we booted the game up. But I could have just sought them out myself before the game started since I was pre-awakened. But it's not a big deal if you do want us all to be complete strangers.

Years
  • I'd like to be familiar with the other players before we booted the game up. But I could have just sought them out myself before the game started since I was pre-awakened. But it's not a big deal if you do want us all to be complete strangers.

We could have our characters be internet buddies, seeing as they both are pre-awakened. Although I can see how being strangers would make the story more interesting. Maybe if each person didn't know everyone, but possibly one to two other people? It could still allow for interesting character relationships to be developed, without having too many before we start.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I'm okay with not knowing anyone personally, but I think it would be neat if the pre-awakened kids knew one another, and maybe one or two more knowing each other offhandedly. Just in the interest of establishing alliances early on, should a situation that requires them present itself. Seems like it would be interesting, perhaps!

I am so super excited about this, yo.

edit; also CSS-ed up my character post!

Last edited:

disciplish

supreme meme machine
    Years
  • I think it'd be cool if they'd all just very recently met over the internet due to something or another-- shenanigans I guess-- and decided to play a game together, and that game happened to be SBURB. So like, group of kids decides to break the ice by... well, breaking the world. [whoops].

also I doubt Ryan would be without other internet friends, so i guess my SU is fine haha

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • No, I like Rika's situation for us coming together to play SBurb. Let her make the plot here, since this is her RP. As for being friends beforehand... I would like one online friend before the game starts for Gav. Just one mind you, and I don't think we should all know someone since this is supposed to be random.

To be honest, I think we should settle on either:
    • Presume we won't know someone and let Rika choose who knows who beforehand (if anyone) or
    • We should let those who really think they'd benefit the content and plot by knowing each other beforehand
    Myself I have no idea who I'd be teamed with. I know that Gunner and I briefly talked about potential romance between our characters, but I think that would be better developed not having met before, although I do accept that having known each other before would make it easier to get together without so much development. Yet I would really like to make that one of Gav's development points, should it come to pass.

/me tosses two cents and logs back off again

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • IDK, but I'm not too sure about the whole "never met each other" scenario. I mean, you'd think that playing a game that requires server-client connections between players, you might need to know each other first, 'cause certainly me myself if I were to play SBurb I won't go online to find a bunch of strangers and be like "GUYS I FOUND A COOL GAME I NEED SOMEONE TO PLAY IT WITH ME" on a game that I don't even know how it plays. No, first thing I do is going up to a friend and be like "HEY DUDE CHECK THIS OUT IT LOOKS AMAZING".

Plus, I doubt anyone would've placed gameplay trailers for SBurb haha, and if I ever stumble across a FAQ or guide and read through it then I might get the concept of altering my house irl and would rather have some I know do it instead of a stranger.

Obviously that scenario is just stretching it and being a way bit too out there but you get the point.

But hey if Rika is able to fit it in the idea of us being strangers in an acceptable way then I'm good. Although, I'd still like to have a friend for Belle, at least so she has someone that she can trust when it comes to altering her living space. :T

Years
  • For those of you who wanted an even number for the mobius double reach around thing, I think I found a fun pattern we can make with 9. I'm assuming the dm wrap around thing was just decoration and served no actual purpose?I read the wiki and it looks like the program they ran intertwined their two realities into one reality. That's really cool, I'm still putting this here bc I thought it looked cool :P

Behold the weird nuclear symbol wrap around thingie:
    Spoiler:

Kind of a rough sketch but you get the idea.

disciplish

supreme meme machine
    Years
  • I didn't even think of a mobius double. But a mobius tRIPLE... good gosh, man.

also, as far as knowing each other and whatnot at this point I choose the option that lets us start the soonest.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Yeah see my thoughts are if we're all complete strangers and are just thrown into sburb with a chat and a list of names or whatever, then when we link up with them and start messing with their houses then in a real life scenario you'd be more likely to just wander around their house and mess stuff up instead of actually doing any good and building useful things. Maybe we could do the triple mobius and know each other in 3 person groupings and move from there? Because it's not really very easy to put your trust in someone you just met, especially once we move into the life or death scenarios which will be pretty much as soon as we start.

Back