• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Astra Story ★ OOC

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
Years
  • Yeah see my thoughts are if we're all complete strangers and are just thrown into sburb with a chat and a list of names or whatever, then when we link up with them and start messing with their houses then in a real life scenario you'd be more likely to just wander around their house and mess stuff up instead of actually doing any good and building useful things. Maybe we could do the triple mobius and know each other in 3 person groupings and move from there? Because it's not really very easy to put your trust in someone you just met, especially once we move into the life or death scenarios which will be pretty much as soon as we start.

Basically the point I messily tried to give across while on my mobile tablet in my previous post haha (typing on mobile tablets is tiring).

I'm down with the 3-people set and triple mobius oo la la. It gives the ability of meeting the other players and at the same time gives the players a client/server player connection that they can trust.

Let's be real guys, trust isn't easy to obtain, especially between strangers that only met up with each other thanks to a game that meddles around with your life and death.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • Or just be friends with your server and client... I mean, if we are gonna do a game where we dont know each other, that be really awkward... Besides, I do want to be friends with Gav and Belle before the game anyways :3

disciplish

supreme meme machine
    Years
  • The more I think this through, the more I can see a triple mobius sort of set-up. You create an environment which allows people to thrive together, rather than separately, and you can easily and quickly begin to work your way around the worlds. However, as a counterpoint, it does damage the idea of "teamwork" in this setting. Because "let's be real;" if you're with two other friends in the apocalypse, I think you'll stick to them rather than helping all around, and while you might become acquainted with the others, you'll find yourself sticking to this small 'squad' and that'll be that.

I honestly think this would best work as "we all know each other to some extent" or "we don't know each other at all," but to quote that good' ol once sollux now john-y mod guy:

Let her [Rika] make the plot here, since this is her RP.

Candy

Years
  • Well being acquainted to some small extent probably the best solution haha. I mean, there's at least a reasonable amount of trust before the start of the game, and it can just gradually build up from there.

Compared to being complete strangers I mean.

But eh, we'll just see what Rika thinks about this. x:

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Alright! We can be friends :) perhaps kind of like how the trolls were all aqcuainted but not all of them were besties. Only issue I have with that is, as seen from an old HS RP of mine, that it is difficult to know how the chars will react and talk with each other when they are supposed to know each other but we as players don't genuinely know each other's characters.

So before you jump into the IC then, suggest how your char would be with each of the other chars and decide something between you :)

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Oh, like, we as people don't know how our characters would respond to another's character even though we're supposed to "know" one each other. Right. Yeah, that would be a challenge!

Methinks, if we do go with Wizardman's triple mobius reacharound idea, we each pick a color (yellow, red, or blue) and use that to determine whose characters are acquainted with each other. So hypothetically, I would pick red, and also two other people pick red, and then we "know" one another. Same with the blue and yellow. Does that make sense lol?

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I didn't think of that! I suppose it could technically work either way, right? But for the sake of not creating competing teams, we keep it OOC. Just use it as a diagram for which characters are friends before SBURB.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Okay I pick green then 8)

Or should we make it secret so that only I see or?

We probably need to get this straightened out before we start IC playing haha. But I can put up the IC post anyways soon! It's been long enough c:

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Oh wait aha. You mean we'd be sort of like the red and blue teams in Hivebent? That could work haha.

disciplish

supreme meme machine
    Years
  • Wait, so what colors are we using?

Also-- just throwing this out there-- if we had players 1, 2, and 3 [the numbers don't mean anything important] in one group, 4, 5, and 6 in another, and 7, 8, and 9 in a third, you'd likely see something like this [edited your diagram to illustrate this, wizardman, hope you don't mind]:
    Spoiler:

1 would know 9, 2, and 3, because they'll be establishing a connection with 9 and are in the same group as 2 and 3.
    2 would only know 1 and 3.
    3 would know 1, 2, and 4,
    so on and so forth.
    So maybe we should use this plan relationships? this would be easier with a skype group or a pad or something haha

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Purple!

Idk I'm not picky. We could also just go with "hey these nine kids don't know each other but play a game together GO" and call it good. Play it like everyone who received a copy of the beta also got a list of contact information for everyone else who would be playing in the session. /shrug!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Purple!

Idk I'm not picky. We could also just go with "hey these nine kids don't know each other but play a game together GO" and call it good. Play it like everyone who received a copy of the beta also got a list of contact information for everyone else who would be playing in the session. /shrug!
    That was my plan haha. But I like Muerte's diagram! Oh, it was Wizard's. Sorry, I didn't see it before :O But now I understand.

Let's go with symbols instead of colors shall we? Because everybody's got personal colors 8)

TEAM TRUST

TEAM ROCKET kill me

TEAM WILD

eh? :D

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • Team Trust member #1

If it's relationships we're planning out now... Gunner, Gav and Nadia?

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • im down for trust...

hehe trust, so ironic yet so good :3

EDIT: and yeah im down for that #gavdia pls

Last edited:

Candy

Years
  • I wanna join this team called Team Trust. They sound like a fun group of fellows. :3

disciplish

supreme meme machine
    Years
  • Prepare for trouble,
    And make it double!
    To protect the world from devastation!
    To unite all peoples within our nation!
    To denounce the evils of truth and love!
    To extend our reach to the stars above!
    Jessie!
    James!
    Team Rocket, blasting off at the speed of light!
    Surrender now, or prepare to I'm so sorry man

kill me after you're done with rika
    also that means I'd like team rocket if that's cool w/ you m8

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Dun care where I'm placed I'll take the filler spot :)

Back