• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Astra Story ★ OOC

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hahah you could alchemize different decks! Metal cards, rubber cards, cards with colors, cards with barbs etc

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • Or, you could use the idea of a deck to influence your situation. For example, each card is unique, and when you draw one it adds something to the battle you're currently in:
    ==> Draw katana card
    ==> Gain a katana for the current fight

==> Draw smoke bomb card
    ==> Gain smoke bombs for the current fight

And so on. However, you'd have to make sure you kept it balanced, and it could be a hassle to think up 40-60 different card effects.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • I already claimed daggerkind tho coz daggers are a mafia's best friend. would do pistolkind but srsly, daggers are much more cooler than guns :P

disciplish

supreme meme machine
    Years
  • I really want to do CUBEKIND [as in, rubix cubes] where if Ryan solves a certain amount of sides magic-y stuff happens:

one side RED: a small FIRE thing
    one side BLUE: a small WATER/BREATH thing
    one side RED, one side BLUE: smokescreens!
    and so on and so forth

or he can just bash your face in with one. But what would I need to alchemize for that? good gravy. It's also not very practical for starting the game, because smashing imps with cubes doesn't sound like it'd do much or be very safe? I dunno, what do you guys think?

Although on that note if I don't do CUBEKIND I'll probably do HANGERKIND and use them like tonfas, as well as throw a machete into the mix on occasion. John used both umbrellakind and hammerkind iirc so idk

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I was thinking that since if I did use cardkind in the beginning I'd be using the Tarot Deck it'd be kinda like dicekind in the effects of the cards. Each combination of cards would have a different effect and I could also use them as projectiles if I really needed to. Maybe I could use cardkind as my strife specibus and also use the tarot deck box for my inventory thing since weaponizing that would be pretty simple.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I might actually simply go with BOWKIND. Bow and arrows of interesting kinds.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I've already specified netkind
    Spoiler:

and oboekind
    Spoiler:

Having two is okay, right? I figured oboekind is more of a gag than anything haha.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I've already specified netkind
    Spoiler:

and oboekind
    Spoiler:

Having two is okay, right? I figured oboekind is more of a gag than anything haha.
    That's fine imo. It's different if you'd want two weapon-like usable kinds :)
    I'll use the SABREKIND specibus. Fencing OP.
    Yay!!

Okay. Shall we try and set a new deadline for SUs? This is my fault, my work hours not giving me freetime on a computer. I'm sorry.

Is Tuesday okay? I'll check all SUs on Wednesday morning, UTC ish.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • Here is the final thing, all finished and good, I hope

Sign-up sheet
    Name: Gav Krieger
    Theme song: Infinity Mechanism
    Appearance: A little nerdy, but with friendly face. Brown eyes and black hair, and square glasses with the frame only on the top. Sporting jeans and often themed t-shirts, Gav isn't the coolest dressed ever, and his height isn't anything to shout about either. But he doesn't look unsightly, and is often regarded as the average Joe of fashion. His shoes are more often than not converse, of a dark colour. He's also rather well-built, despite being quite nerdy. Gav has some decent athletic abilities, but his stamina is lacking. Gav's skin is pale.

Spoiler:

Excuse the crappy sketch and b/w and lined paper and stuff... But yeah, that kind of appearance ^^

Family: An estranged older sister who torments Gav's life through knitting bizarre accessories and decorations. His sister is tall, with long black hair and has a talent with knitting needles. Knitted plush toys and items of clothing are everywhere because of her. She sports a variety of dresses, and also has an obsession with mirrors.
    Home:
    Spoiler:

Again, excuse the ultra shitty sketch but I really cba to do it again. There's also a garden, that is square with a Tree and tire swing. Because every garden needs a tire swing.
    Personality: Friendly, if a little awkwardly oblivious. He starts out shy, but once you get to know Gav he's pretty open, and shares feelings and helps improve your own. Gav is quite inspirational, be never really on purpose. His like for almost everything does him credit, since he's very likeable in return. He's very equality orientated, and will do what's right for his friends even when it may not be the right thing to do. He enjoys games, and reading, and drawing on the odd occasion. He prefers to avoid fighting where possible, but isn't afraid to stand up in defense of a friend, or himself. Gav knows how to put himself in someone elses position, and really connect with them, allowing him to help others
    History: After a freak accident involving faulty wiring ending Gav's Father's life, Gav's sister was left to raise him. Gav showed interest in electrical things from an early age, and built his own computer at the age of 6. He also enjoyed reading various fantasy novels, and dabbled in art every so often, to the point where he was able to sell copies online. He grew up with an interest in building things with Lego too. He never really went to school, instead having his sister teach him everything he knows. Though he was often allowed to hang around with other kids in his neighbourhood. Bike races and pretend pirate sieges were two of his favourite activities to play with these friends. Occasionally they'd end up in fights, or end up being bullied, and Gav would always be the one to make the others feel better, and keep them together. But more so, he could talk down bullies and change their minds. This didn't always work, but he never let them get him down. He also found some online friends, but was never able to communicate with them properly, instead having to send letters via the mail, none of which were returned. But he kept sending positive, encouraging letters hoping to make people's days brighter with his letters. Eventually, he began to enter electronics competitions and win them, leading up to his most recent success; winning a lifetime supply of electronics, allowing him to build anything he desires with ease.

Preferred class: Heir, since Gav is quite influential when it comes to people, often being able to change their feelings and improve situations between people.
    Preferred aspect: Heart, since Gav communes best when talking about feelings, and is best left to alter others feelings about situations and people.
    Chumhandle:
    odiumLeviathan [OL]
    LAND: of Crystals and Trees (LoCaT)
    Denizen: Amphitrite
    Consorts: Caecilian
    Weaponkind: Scythekind

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • K then, about time I deal with the last 2 details.

Name: Belle Duvall
    Theme song: Biophosphoradelecrystalluminescence
    Appearance:
    ClP3O6V.jpg

Those glasses actually don't have any lenses on them 'cause she doesn't need them. Her eyesight is great. She just likes the frames.

Family:

Your PAPA is a rather quiet man, although you're pretty sure he's not whenever he's out. He's got quite the reputation with his company, allowing him to rise up in the ranks and become the assistant manager of his workplace. The reasonable sum of money he gets is the reason that you get spoiled by him so much, even when you don't want anything at all. Well, it's great that he wants to cater to your many interests, even though after accepting the gifts you just use it for a couple of weeks before dumping it into your storage chest (which he had noticed for quite a while but he still continues to anyway). You always said that he could've afforded a better house instead, although you kinda understand why he refuses to move out; he wants this place to be the home that MAMA will return to... Well plus the fact that he constantly sends money to your MAMA to fund her travels. He thinks you don't know, but that fact is so clear to you at a logical way of thinking.

Speaking of your MAMA, she started travelling many years ago, and hasn't returned since. No one really knows where her exact location is as well. You could barely remember her face, and you wish you could see her again, even if it's only through a picture she sends. PAPA likes to talk about MAMA's free spirited and adventurous nature, and he always believed that MAMA will return someday. Honestly, you kinda hate MAMA for abandoning her kid like this. Well c'mon, it's been at least 7 years already! By now, she's supposed to be declared dead by law, but the fact that she's not just makes you believe that she's still out there somewhere, wherever she is right now.

Although it is clear that your house's interior decor is influenced by her. I mean, the amount of souvenirs and animal themed furniture can allude to that. Tiger-print couches, bear-skin rugs, it's like a zoo over here! PAPA doesn't even look like the type of man to own all these, and you're pretty sure that you're not either.

Home:
    Spoiler:

Belle's room has a bookshelf, a closet, and a chest to store all the stuff her father has given to her. And obviously a bed, a desk and a desktop computer on top of it.

Personality:

Your name is Belle. You're pretty bubbly and optimistic. Your imagination is normally at its peak, and thus you spend most of your time daydreaming in your own comfort zone. This tendency has caused a gap between you and your real life buddies, and thus you end up being isolated as they couldn't cope with your weirdness.

That doesn't matter though, as your internet buddies are an amazing group of people. However, despite being close friends, you still obscure a lot of things about your own personal life, mostly because you don't have much to reveal about yourself anyway. It's probably due to how your internet buddies sometimes talk about their hobbies and interests, whereas you can't seem to stick on one thing for more than a month. And even when you have something to reveal about yourself, you always deemed it unnecessary to talk about.

At least one thing you know that is consistent is that you have a knack for puzzle games like crossword, sudoku and the like; Even when you know you get bored playing the same variant after about 2 weeks, there's still plenty of other puzzle games to play anyway.

History:

Your MAMA went on a trip around the world when you were still 8 years old. She hasn't really been in contact with your family since, but there are enough signs for you to deduce that she's still alive.

You recall the earliest gift you had received from PAPA was a badminton set, about a month after MAMA left. You've grown out of badminton though, but it's still sentimental enough for you to keep it. It marks the beginning of PAPA's random gifting, but even you're not sure why he started doing it in the first place.

(Her life has mostly been addressed in the other parts of the sign up anyway lol. Not everyone has dead parents or terrible relationships with parents omg)

Preferred class: Witch
    Preferred aspect: Void

A witch is supposed to be in control of her aspect and motivates through it. Despite her passive nature to stick with the shadows, she still wants to be part of the action in the game.

Chumhandle: reclusiveReverie [RR] [#70c066]
    LAND: Land of Rain and Pumpkins [LORAP]
    Denizen: Kauket, Ancient Egyptian Goddess, Primordial concept of darkness
    Consorts: Snakes (I picture bipedal snakes with their tail acting as their third limb to move stuff around)

Extra
    Dream Moon: Derse
    Ectobiological Parent: MAMA
    Strife Specibus: Racketkind​

Years
  • Have you guys made a decision on if 9 is okay? I haven't seen anyone majorly opposed to the idea, but it never hurts to ask before I just assume stuff. I honestly haven't put any thought into a weapon so I'll have to get to thinking for that.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • NADIA CLEMENTINE
    impurrfectStraggler [IS]
    Rogue of Light

T5gyL9y.png

Theme song: Savior of the Dreaming Dead
    Dream Self: Dersite
    Dancestor: BROTHER

Family: Your big BROTHER is the only human being living with you and you have a passive aggressive relationship towards him. He tries to annoy you most of the time, by asking you to do your chores, but then he always looks out for you when in danger. He may be a pain in the ass, but you still love him... Other than him, you also have a pet cat named LISA and a pet snail named BERYL, who you both love so much.

Home: You pretty much live in a barn somewhere in Kansas. Not much to explain other than the crop fields dotted around your place, and a few pens for the animals located on the side. Your house on the other hand is pretty quaint. You have a white wooden house with some blue accents on it, and not much is to be said on the interior. It's pretty small, but it does the job for the both of you. Your room however, kinda looks like a normal teenage girl's room, albeit a little bit rustic and weird.

Personality: You are just a typical Southern belle... Okay, not really. You are pretty much adept when it comes to harvesting crops, and you are also good at being intimidating most of the time, probably because you play Mafia like all the time. Sometimes, you wish to become a Godfather or some sorts and kill people and get bitches...

It is also worth mentioning that you are very unlucky. You always get the bad jobs, cuts, scrapes, stubs, and what's worse is that, it still gets worse than that. You are the harbinger of misfortune, as some of your friends say.

Other than that, you have a great fascination with cats and snails. You don't know why but you find those two animals very soothing. You also like to listen to Selena Gomez, which is also your guilty pleasure. You have like all of the seasons of Wizards of Waverly Place plus the movie in your room.

History: You never knew much about your parents. Your BROTHER said that you came from the sky... You think he's hiding something from you. Then it was some uneventful upbringing by your BROTHER, for about 13 years or so. When you were 13, you got LISA after you rescued her from getting crushed by a haybale. Then months after you became 14, you purchased BERYL from the local petstore. That's around the time you were introduced to the Internet and met your friends... Then the inevitable happened...

Preferred class: Rogue, she loves helping people but due to her unluckiness, it kinda throws her off.
    Preferred aspect: Light, it's ironic since she's a very unlucky gal, and getting the aspect related to fortune, and coupled with her class, it would make her life a little bit challenging.

Fetch Modi: Mafia: The objects she captchalogues gets either an innocent role or a mafia role. If she retrieves an item and calls out the correct role, she gets the item. If she guesses wrong, the item gets destroyed. Fortunately, this is the only thing Nadia is ever good at and lucky, since she has a good gut. She has called out the wrong role about 3-5 times as of yet.
    Strife Specibus: Daggerkind: She loves to use daggers, sometimes she uses them while harvesting crops, other times, she pretends that she's killing a mafia member.

Land: Land of Salt Domes and Milk (LOSDAM)
    Denizen: Tecuciztecatl, The Aztec God of the Moon, also the God of Snails
    Consorts: Cats​

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Accepted! Only, should we really feature "fetch modi"? I thought we agreed on having physical items act as infinite bags/storage instead, to get rid of Skaianet and weird stuff outsite of SBURB. Or was that just me imposing my will upon you? xD

reading the other SUs atm

Have you guys made a decision on if 9 is okay? I haven't seen anyone majorly opposed to the idea, but it never hurts to ask before I just assume stuff. I honestly haven't put any thought into a weapon so I'll have to get to thinking for that.
    Yes, you are welcome! Are you considering your SU done?

Accepted! I find Belle so cute somehow haha.

Accepted! :D:D:D

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Yes, I believe so. Although if anything needs changing let me know.
    Accepted! Though you might want to confer with aeternum about waking up prematurely... He was planning on doing that. Unless you'd like to be a DERSE dreamer? You could have woken up on DERSE and he could have woken up on PROSPIT before the game starts. Or perhaps you've actually seen each other in dreams before c:

aeternum is accepted too but I'm not quoting because PC hung up on me skjdfksd

"It was inevitable."
    Accepted yooo!

I'm going to give this a shot
    I already told you you were accepted I believe. Now it's official <3

God of the 9th Wind.
    who's bossing the first 8?
    Accepted!!

So now it's only me. Then I'll put up the IC <3333

Should we decide server-client circle now or let it happen in the order we happen to post? Because as I imagine it, when your character installs SBURB and logs in, they'll see a list of usernames (chumhandles) and be able to chat with them and connect to anyone as client and anyone as server. Once they've connected, of course, it's forever. So perhaps the first people connect and things end up as they do :3

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Didn't Rose have needlekind? And she used her needles as wands when she went all voidy :D

disciplish

supreme meme machine
    Years
  • accepted, yassss

Yes, Rose did use needlekind! ouo

Personally, I'd go with needlekind for versatility, but iirc some weapons of the needlekind specibus also function as wandkind, and vice versa.

edit: added a song to theme songs on me SU

Last edited:
    Back