• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Awww, but I studdied!

Kimichi-sama

Been a long time...
    Years
    Do you usually have to study for hours for a test to pass it? Or are you one of those people who doesn't study at all and always passes?

Honestly, I almost never study, unless I absolutely need to. Most of the time I just don't care, only because I take lots of notes in class (even though I know I should study anyway). Some of my friends study like there's no tomorrow, and fail. It's pretty sad.

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    Maybe they say they're studying and by studying they mean having a book open while on the computer/watching tv/playing a gameboy/on the phone/eating/taking a nap, etc. :P That's usually the case when I tell my friends I've been "studying".

Either way, in my first year of college now and I take extremely detailed notes and review them tons. Not a study freak and I definitely procrastinate, but I'm getting better at it. I didn't study too hard for my first Biology test and got a B so yeah, probably should put a little more effort into it.

I'm definitely not the type to absorb in class and then just be ready for the test. I dislike those people, like my brother. Everything is so flipping easy for him..

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    This thread defines my life. DD: I have to study for a test - not necessarily for hours, but I do have to go through the material very thoroughly. I can't do well unless I do (mind you, I set my standards pretty high. With limited studying, I could get a solid 70, but I aim for 80 and above, which requires some mad studying).

41victory

>.> Nobody saw anything <.<
    Years
    Meh it varies for me, sometimes I don't (I get either get an A or F) , sometimes for like 3-5 min (A-D+), and sometimes to 30 min. (A-B)

But I usually never take notes, or pay attention.

Confuse

the points never matter
    Years
    I usually try to study, which is pretty much going over the stuff for 5 minutes.

I guess I'm just lucky that I do well on tests. I have friends that study a lot, and still don't do as well as they can.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    No, I never study. If I study it is for a REALLY important test or I do the studying a few days before the actual test, because I am lazy like that:)

I have never been one too study so I guess I don't do it much.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Well, seeing as my parents are fanatical when it comes to my education, it's not surprising that I'm forced to study for hours on end. I don't think I have to study for tests, I'd probably do just about the same with my marks if I didn't study, to be honest.

But yeah, I study for a lot of hours at night.

Lynnx

half listening.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    I usually study with my friends, because I find it a lot easier to remember things that way. If I study by myself then I can't remember anything. :x I usually don't have to study, though.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Basically all the way through mandatory schooling, I never had to study for tests or exams. I'd go over my notes the night before, if I needed to, or practise a few questions, and that would be it.

So of course when university came around and things were a lot harder, my marks plummeted because I still don't know how to study properly. :C I do try, though.

Suzume

Fire Fist
    Years
    I always study, but I'd propably pass without studying as well. And I don't necessarily study a lot, but I'll at least try to read most of the book before the exam. But I always listen the teacher during lessons, so I think I would pass either way. :)

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    I just absorb everything. xD
    If I'm rusty in a subject though, I may go over my notes at the last minute to refresh my memory, but mostly I can take a test without studying and ace it.

Tobi-kun

All hail Tobi, Our master
    Years
    me um well i dont study much and somtimes during my 5th period AKA vocabulary class I cheat i hide the little paper in my pocket and then stick it out and see the answers or i tell someone for the answers in my class

Manaphy1128

We're Making Gods
    Years
    I never exactly "study" the only close is when I cram all the vocabulary words into my head right before a vocabulary test in Language Arts. That's the only time I do anything like "studying."

Back