• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen B/W Legendaries Discussion

Which legendaries do you prefer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
  • In a way, I agree with those who say that there are too many Legendaries right now. At some point, the total number of them for just one region becomes too much.

On the other hand, it is good to have something to do once the main storyline is over. Chasing down Legendaries is a fun thing to do (at times when they don't get too annoying). It's also interesting to see the mythology of each region, and the history of the region, and world, that the new Legendary Pokemon fit into.

So, I guess I do like Legendaries, so long as they have a story behind them. I'm interested in learning what mythology these Legendaries bring to the world.

exactly, the side quests are the best thing about the game making the elite four challange not the last part of the game, but i also think that legendaries in D/P/PT lost there background. i mean kanto legends, awesome. that legend in the power of one sounds awesome and makes the legendaries have a feel of power and rarety. jhoto legends, same . hoenn legends same(even though the number of legendaries in gen 3 grew significantly) but in D/P/PT, legendaries became dull. all sidequests took , and i am not lying , maybe a little shy of an hour to complete. come on. and more over, heatran , phione , regigias , had no backstory and no importance. come on. i hope this changes in black and white. a lot of legendaries is a good way to draw attention. as long as each one has a legend , backstory , and independant importance.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Ice Dragon's Base stats equal 660

Zekrom and Reshiram equal 685.

Ya I don't see them being a trio now. Nor the Ice being the master cause its weaker than the other two.

I lol'd at Normal/Psychic. She's so humanistic.

The Bug/Steel legend scares me.

coolnick37

Absolute Power
    Years
  • I lol'd at Normal/Psychic. She's so humanistic.
    Humanistic, u mean humanoid? Or more precisely a FREAK, or an abomination :,( omg how can you like her? Its obviously a PERSON how can you cathc a person in a pokemon game and play with her and battle with her, and keep her confined inside a pokeball O.O

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Humanistic, u mean humanoid? Or more precisely a FREAK, or an abomination :,( omg how can you like her? Its obviously a PERSON how can you cathc a person in a pokemon game and play with her and battle with her, and keep her confined inside a pokeball O.O

Dude go sit in the corner and cool off. >> You are over reacting way too much.

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2011
    Anyone know why 641 and 642 are next to eachother, but then its Reshiram and Zekrom, and then 645?

That is the oddest thing ever...

Makes no sense.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I find pretty much all of these Legendaries really awkward and odd looking. Perhaps I just need to see official artworks or clearer sprites. Apart from Victini, Zekrom and Reshiram... they just look odd. Might be the first time I don't like a majority of the Legendaries.

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2011
    Can you be a little clearer? I have absolutely no idea what you are asking.

B/W Legendaries Discussion

The first 2, and the last one, are identical.
    Yet Reshiram and Zekrom are between them.

???

Its like putting Raikou, Entei, then Lugia, Ho-Oh, and then Suicune.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023

The first 2, and the last one, are identical.
    Yet Reshiram and Zekrom are between them.

???

Its like putting Raikou, Entei, then Lugia, Ho-Oh, and then Suicune.
    Ah. Well look at D/P/Pt.

Dialga, Palkia, Heatran, Regigigas, Giratina.

Cresselia, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai.

They did it twice before. This was one of my main reasons for doubting Giratina being part of the trio when it was added in AFTER Platinum came out.

Just something they did. Who knows why. Maybe the first two are available and the third isn't until you get one of the other two. Maybe one of them is version exclusive and like I just said you have to catch it before you can catch the ground one.

Daikenki

Water Trainer
    Years
  • ... I only like Zekrom. ;-;
    I'm sorry, and you can say I'm just being butthurt or something, but with each generation these legendaries get out of control.
    Isn't the point of being a legendary being rare?
    And not to mention these legendary pokemon are getting too complex with the designs. I like different designs, I like simple designs, but these designs don't seem to work well. They just don't. Maybe someone will do amazing fanart of these legendary pokemon and my opinion will change.

But after you basically introduce the god of all pokemon, what's next? It just seems like every legendary after Arceus will be criticized. The only way to go is down. Now with a new region they may be doing something new. Bring in legendaries that only the region knows about. Every culture has their different creation stories. This I like. This I would like to see. However, this probably won't ever happen due to these legendary pokemon being real in the pokemon world.. o3o

I wish they would limit the legendaries to at least 5 per each game. You can have the trio, and then two stronger ones.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I agree with JP. Mustachioed cloud men with leprosy are NOT going over well with me.

Haha yeah, though I definitely have more of a problem with the last 3 than any of them. My Little Pony, Pixie Barbie, and lastly Decepticon Transformer do not look like Legendaries to me... they would have worked perfectly as normal, basic designs. Even then though, they would have still looked weird to me. Hopefully that Meroetta thing's suppose forme will look better.

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2011
    Ah. Well look at D/P/Pt.

Dialga, Palkia, Heatran, Regigigas, Giratina.

Cresselia, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai.

They did it twice before. This was one of my main reasons for doubting Giratina being part of the trio when it was added in AFTER Platinum came out.

Just something they did. Who knows why. Maybe the first two are available and the third isn't until you get one of the other two. Maybe one of them is version exclusive and like I just said you have to catch it before you can catch the ground one.

Ok, but those 3 look like they fit the legendary trio bill more than something like Dialga's group last gen(which is like a superlegendary trio, you know, the cover pokemon).

The 3 birds of Kanto, 3 beasts of Johto, Regis, etc., are different.

These 3 look so similar that it fits that kind of purpose for Isshu(along with those 3 deer fighting things).

So similar that its just a color swap and that wrap around cord switches design.
    Its odd that THIS type of trio would be separated.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Ok, but those 3 look like they fit the legendary trio bill more than something like Dialga's group last gen(which is like a superlegendary trio, you know, the cover pokemon).

The 3 birds of Kanto, 3 beasts of Johto, Regis, etc., are different.

These 3 look so similar that it fits that kind of purpose for Isshu(along with those 3 deer fighting things).

So similar that its just a color swap and that wrap around cord switches design.
    Its odd that THIS type of trio would be separated.

That's pretty much all the Regi and the Spirits were. I mean, ya they are repeating themselves, but its been pretty much one man for god knows how long. 600+ monsters, that is very impressive. I can't even get past 20 myself and I've been trying to make a fakedex for 3 years now.

Cut the poor guy some slack. He's at least trying to keep Pokemon alive. They could have at lease not given us a 5th Gen and ended it with the sour taste of the 4th Gen.

While this doesn't really absolve him, he really shouldn't be put under nearly as much heat as he is. If you saw this as the very first Pokemon game and didn't know anything about Pokemon, you'd think this would be a really good series. Which is what they try to do each region for people just starting.

Ya, ok, these aren't ZOMG fangasm greatness to make perfections shed manly tears of epic, this guy does deserve props for staying with the business for as long as he has and still trying to appease people with his ever growing limitations.

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2011
    That's pretty much all the Regi and the Spirits were. I mean, ya they are repeating themselves, but its been pretty much one man for god knows how long. 600+ monsters, that is very impressive. I can't even get past 20 myself and I've been trying to make a fakedex for 3 years now.

Cut the poor guy some slack. He's at least trying to keep Pokemon alive. They could have at lease not given us a 5th Gen and ended it with the sour taste of the 4th Gen.

While this doesn't really absolve him, he really shouldn't be put under nearly as much heat as he is. If you saw this as the very first Pokemon game and didn't know anything about Pokemon, you'd think this would be a really good series. Which is what they try to do each region for people just starting.

Ya, ok, these aren't ZOMG fangasm greatness to make perfections shed manly tears of epic, this guy does deserve props for staying with the business for as long as he has and still trying to appease people with his ever growing limitations.

Uh.
    That last bit at the bottom that you bolded, I wasn't attacking the creator(s)...:\
    I was just saying that's how similar they are just like the other past trios, Birds-Beasts-Regis-Fairies, are.
    That you would automatically assume that Articuno is related to Zapdos, or Regirock to Registeel.

They're put into the same company as those trios, so the last one shouldn't be separated from the other 2 in the dex.
    Adding on that they look, imo, as the most similar looking trio since the Regis Fairies.

-Again, I wasn't critiquing the design choice(I brought the blatant similarity to attention, yes), I was just talking about the odd dex positioning choice.

Cameo

Superior heat protecter!
    Years
  • Uh.
    That last bit at the bottom that you bolded, I wasn't attacking the creator(s)...:\
    I was just saying that's how similar they are just like the other past trios, Birds-Beasts-Regis-Fairies, are.
    That you would automatically assume that Articuno is related to Zapdos, or Regirock to Registeel.

They're put into the same company as those trios, so the last one shouldn't be separated from the other 2 in the dex.
    Adding on that they look, imo, as the most similar looking trio since the Regis Fairies.

-Again, I wasn't critiquing the design choice(I brought the blatant similarity to attention, yes), I was just talking about the odd dex positioning choice.

I kinda see what you mean but in the same time I must disagree because I think these are by far the most not related and not similar looking legendaries since ever. For example to me those genies doesn't bring any earlier trios in mind and same with the other trio. I'm not sure but I'm more frustrated for the fact that they used the same sprite, altered it and made it into three different pokémon. That just shouts to me that they were in rush or that they were lazy. And the beast like trio looks more like something that would have come out of Arceus if it could have children or something. Personally I actually like the fact that earlier trios have been clearly different but still the same like the fairies or the regis. Never the less some of these are actually good looking but most of them look like they done in haste. Maybe they grow on to me when I see the actual art but like this they look somewhat horrific. :'D Sorry guys~

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • I am kinda disappointed in the only Flying type legend... I expected something better seeing as it is the only pure flying type.

coolnick37

Absolute Power
    Years
  • All legendaries look ugly, but ill just w8 untill we get better pictures, only zekrom/reshiram and the trio on the clouds are good for now.
    Not to mantion the gorrid abomination of the human pokemon -.-

Dragonika

Isshu Region Champion
    Years
  • They look awesome especially the last one ! :D

<- this is Maroetta. She is a human like you and me. She can feel pain, she can experience loneliness, she can feel disappointment. So stop placing her in battles, dont confine her in a pokeball, dont ruin her life like you wouldnt want someone to ruin your life! A word to all pokemon trainers out there, let us set Maroetta free! Let us be the change!
    If you want to spread the word put this into you own signature...and make the world a better place...atleast for that one person :,( Signed Trainer - N -

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • They pulled of pure Flying pretty well, I too was thinking of some cloud creature, or maybe it's because I found out what it would be based on... Shame about the same sprite frame for the 3 of them. Fighting trio are weird, the best is the Grass one. There's a My little Pony! xD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back