• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen B/W Legendaries Discussion

Which legendaries do you prefer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • ...wow...I never actually thought people could be so...nit-picky...

In that case, why don't people get pissy that several Pokemon have the same cries? Charizard and Rhydon do. So do Poliwag and Ditto.

Yet no one seems to give a damn. Also, if I remember correctly, Dragonair and Onix sahre the exact same sprite positioning in HG/SS.
    actually I have complained about that before myself...but that's getting a bit off topic.
    One thing I don't like about the genies is the dots that make them look sick.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    ...wow...I never actually thought people could be so...nit-picky...

In that case, why don't people get pissy that several Pokemon have the same cries? Charizard and Rhydon do. So do Poliwag and Ditto.

Yet no one seems to give a damn. Also, if I remember correctly, Dragonair and Onix sahre the exact same sprite positioning in HG/SS.

@JP: It was actually aimed Pink Squid, but you ninja'd before I could get my post in.
    Oh okay. XD I don't think people care so much about the cries because honestly, their cries aren't that important. Might just be me, but I never thought they were that important to the development of the games. As for Dragonair and Onix, they're two entirely separate Pokemon, hence why people probably don't complain about that. :P

I agree with Mag about the Genies and their dots. They're really what bother me about their designs.

Obelisk

Toad Sage
    Years
  • And Latios and Latias don't get his kind of hate? I have never seen people complain about those two, and yet these three are really so much different?

That's crap. :c

Actually thats true, I never really thought of that XD. I guess because they are different genders and the poses are different but yeah essentially Latios and Latias are essentially the same.

If the Genies had different poses they would be great I mean the designs are really cool as is only thing is the poses. :\

o0PinkSquid0o

Squidtacular
    Years
  • ...wow...I never actually thought people could be so...nit-picky...

@JP: It was actually aimed Pink Squid, but you ninja'd before I could get my post in.

You make absolutely no sense! You're pretty much saying we should be hating on Latias and Latios because they look the same... .just like twins in real life look the same??? Should we hate real life twins because they look similar?
    They're posed differently, their colours are different, they're just 'twin' pokemon.

People do not like the way the 3 genies are posed exactly the same, thats people's issues with them, not that their forms look the same, thats fine, I would like it if they were triplet pokemon, just don't use the same sprite and colour it different, you're the one getting all up tight about it, and nit-picking on other people's opinions wow, double standards much??

Years
  • .....And let's get back on topic.

Seeing as we still don't have Sugumori art for all the legends, I'm still apprehensive about them. Aside from Reshram and Zekrom, the only legend I really like atm is Genosect. The sprites are pretty vague, and it doesn't help that they all have complex designs. That being said, my opinion on them will in all likelihood improve once I get a clearer picture of them.

I will always refer to Kerudio as My little Pony, though. xDDDDD

Obelisk

Toad Sage
    Years
  • Genosect's design is pretty awesome. It has Transformers written all over it XD

Looks more like a decepticon of course lol.

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
    Years
  • A little speculation.

Who will be the next Event Pokèmon released?

Kerudio, Meloetta or Genosekuto?

As me, I hope it will be Genosekuto.

I love that guy, and I want his Cassettes :D

Or Kerudio. I hate Meloetta :D

Jaiyke

Dog Wizard
    Years
  • the only legendaries i like are Zekrom Reshiram and the Blue and Green Musketeer Goats xD
    all the others can suck a nut v.v

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    A little speculation.

Who will be the next Event Pokèmon released?

Kerudio, Meloetta or Genosekuto?

As me, I hope it will be Genosekuto.

I love that guy, and I want his Cassettes :D

Or Kerudio. I hate Meloetta :D

I'd say most likely Kerudio or Meloetta. Genosect will probably be the last one. :P Having to pick between Kerudio and Meloetta though, I'd say it'll probably be Kerudio so that the Three/Four Musketeer group is complete.

I'm not a big fan of Meloetta's regular forme, but the red and black one is really cool looking.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Would it be okay if I bumped this...?

Anyway, I'll give my thoughts on the legendary musketeers (Cobalon, Terrakion, Virizion, Keldeo) in competitive terms. Aesthetically, I was surprised when I learned that they were quadrupedal Fighting types. It took me a while to figure out how they were able to use their signature Sacred Sword without having to stand on 2 legs (I know now that they perform the move using their horns).

Cobalon: It's got the same typing as Lucario, but its offenses are weaker. It can take physical hits better than Lucario can, but its Special Defense is a bit exposed, but it can be fixed with Calm Mind.

Terrakion: The only musketeer to have a unique type combination among the four (Cobalon has Lucario's typing, Virizion has Breloom's typing and Keldeo has Poliwrath's typing). Rock/Fighting provides good coverage. Looking at Terrakion's stats and movepool, it does one thing very well: physical sweeping. It can rip holes through most opponents, and can take hits well (though it isn't as bulky as Cobalon or Virizion in the physical and special departments, respectively).

Virizion: Like Breloom, Virizion is Grass/Fighting, giving it a natural resistance to the QuakeEdge combination. Its Defense is low, unfortunately, and Grass/Fighting is resisted by Flying types (who are taken care of by Stone Edge). What I do like about it, though, is its high Special Defense, which is the highest among Grass and Fighting types; that can be amplified further by Calm Mind, but its low Defense is still a problem.

Keldeo: When I first saw it, I thought it looked like some sort of donkey/pony. After seeing it in battle, I developed a newfound respect for it. That's because it learns Sword of Mystery, which works in the same way as Psycho Shock. Its Attack and Special Attack are the reverse of Terrakion's. At a glance, Heart of Justice seems like a waste on Keldeo due to its 72 Attack. But with Swords Dance, that stat can be pushed further.

Years
  • The four musketeers seem like interesting pokemon to train, they all have awesome typing and one great stat (Defense, Attack, Special Attack and I'm not sure on keldo's biggest stat...)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • The four musketeers seem like interesting pokemon to train, they all have awesome typing and one great stat (Defense, Attack, Special Attack and I'm not sure on keldo's biggest stat...)
    Cobalon has Defense as its highest stat. Terrakion's highest stat is Attack; Virizion for Special Defense and Keldeo for Special Attack.

Devil Flamingo

→ Loves Defense
    Years
  • The only relevant legends are Terakion (non-uber) and Reshiram (uber). Everything else can go die in a fire as far as I'm concerned, XD, especially Kyurem. Zekrom is cool, but idc about it, and the musketeers are okay I guess, but Terakion is the only one I truly like. As for the genies... not my cup of tea, but I don't really hate them either. The Regis were far worse honestly. :>

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Kyurem has to be my favorite of the Dragon Trio... It seems vicious.

Years
  • Kyurem has to be my favorite of the Dragon Trio... It seems vicious.
    It's mine too, but for it's Dragon/Ice and having Kyu in it's name :)
    I'm nicknaming mine Kyo after a character in a story of mine who just so happens to be Dragon/ Ice (well he's also part grass but yeah...)

Yuii

PokéBreeder
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2011
    Wow, seems like a lot of legendaries. o_o I'm cool with it, the more the better! :D

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • this legendary pokemon are kinda cool, and have one pure flying is the best
    Tornelos? True, I do like it because it's the first ever pure Flying type, but its color scheme is ugly in my eyes. Competitively, it's the least used because of its shallow offensive movepool.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back