• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen B/W WTF Moment Thread !

Andrut

Collecting dust since 1898
Years
  • When i heard the extremely epic rival battle music
    Well,i wanted to find Shinporah. Searched for ages,and gave up. Then i battled a psychic with a Shinporah. It made me want it even more.
    I standed on the sand and played Shinporah's cry in Poxedex 10 times.
    Then after one step.... a wild Shinporah! xD

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
  • When I realized the reasoning behind there behind no Recent Happenings thread was LOLBECUASE

^_~

I found Tabunne. I used 20 Poke Balls on it. It was in the red and paralyzed. Wtf. :|

Emotional Intelligence

You may call me "EI"
    Years
  • Uh, when I noticed that I spent ages looking for the strength HM just to find out that it was in a house a couple of seconds from the pokecenter..mart.. Thing.

otakulily

Pokemon is okay, I guess.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2014
    So I was searching for a +def nature Happiny and I happened to catch one with Pokerus. lol.

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    well since the TC said he was playing a rom...

i was playing an english patched black rom, i used bite on a wild dogfuzz and it said something about how it refused to listen to its owner (forgot exact wording). like the same thing you would see if you had someone elses pokemon and not the badge to obey you yet.

edit: nevermind it just said "afraid and wont listen"

Last edited:
    Years
  • Well the season change the other day was insane. It was spring when I started the game and just after I exited the PC, it said Summer. I thought the seasons depended on when we started the game.

The Red Chain

Upon playing White version, I have discovered that they said the Pokemon Nageki is rare. I ran into it like 4 times just running down the grass patches it's found in. That made me go wtf, because rare is rare, not every couple grass patches. D;

tetrix1993

Quality-Map Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2011
    My first WTF moment is when I play the ROM until the city after the first Route, I save the game (not the emulator save thingy). Then when I reload the game, the game crash.

Hiche..

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    When I first played Pokémon White as a ROM, before getting the actual game, a weird WTF moment happened. When I chose my starter, the water Pokémon, Tsutarja's sprite appeared instead, but had Mijamaru's moves. I was like WTF? I then saw people talking about how the ROM was tampered with, a lot. So, yup, that was one.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Upon playing White version, I have discovered that they said the Pokemon Nageki is rare. I ran into it like 4 times just running down the grass patches it's found in. That made me go wtf, because rare is rare, not every couple grass patches. D;
    wow you must be very lucky to have seen a rare pokemon 4 times in a row...

Crazyhand

Always up for battle! VM me!
    Years
  • My friend CollosalPokemon and I both caught Zekrom and Reshiram (respectively) in our first premier balls. I had a successful discharge and false swipe, while he used toxic to do it. WTF.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    When i found out Cheren was a guy 0_o

lmao i know right, im sure hes the gay guy in the game in emphasize americas growing gay population (not anything wrong with it, people live their lives how they want, just dont expect me to join in such gross dishonor,thats merely my opinion dont freak)

My first WTF moment is when I play the ROM until the city after the first Route, I save the game (not the emulator save thingy). Then when I reload the game, the game crash.

same thing happened to me :(

another is i was playing on the english emulator, worked fine, i got to the forest the 2nd time after i stupidly wrote over my save state (at the time i hadnt figured out how to save normally yet) and just as i figure out how to save normally& use the normal save, it wont open the Spring, Summer,exc Icon when i try to play cuz of that accursed C Gear crap -_-"
    seriously WHY is it up 24/7? what was so wrong with the menu icons from HG/S?

another is im on the jap emulator playing it & i get to the forest this time, and bam i save while it lags (my computer sucks balls) and it deletes my save file cuz i close it out cuz i get pissed (you would too if it took you 30mins to walk up to the 3rd gym leader& another 15for him to speak a couple lines)
    so now i had to start over, for the 4th time... god i hate ROMs, i cant wait til i can either import it, or get the english version

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Oct 6, 2010
    my wtf moments:
    *SPOILERS*
    When this person randomly came to me and started talking, I received a item, and they talked and talked and talked. I was like wtf. then i pressed B trying to figure out how to run (even though i done pressed every button before hand) and I magically started to run.
    When I encountered this weird pink pokemon in these ruins and the green haired chick came and talked and then these other random guys started running into the pokemon and then fought me and then these other guys teleported there then the random guys left this other pokemon came the two pokemon left and dropped a pokeball, I was like hey thats cool, then the black haired guy came and took it! I was like WTF THAT IS MINE I EARNED IT!
    Now my current wtf that im getting very upset with is I beat the gym leader, I talked to people but the guy wont let me pass! I dont understand! The green wearing chick is in the ruins talks all excited but i dont know what to do. Ive been everywhere that i can think of, went and seen the professor talked to my mom, all while i was searching for the black hair guy that took my pokeball! so yeah that my most frustrating wtf
    Ok so i got passed the old man. I got to the next town and started buying stuff, i started running low and cash and was gonna sell two TM and ot wouldnt let.me. Like when did this start happening!?!?!
    */SPOILERS*

Last edited:

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I caught Zekrom with one Ultra Ball.

I then screamed "Wtf?" but it was a good wtf. ^__^;

Haha, that happened to me with a Quick Ball. XD I think it's programmed so that you catch it on the first try, like that you can get on with the story.

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
  • Haha, that happened to me with a Quick Ball. XD I think it's programmed so that you catch it on the first try, like that you can get on with the story.
    No, Zekrom just has a higher catch rate than most legendaries. It has a catch rate of 45, most have a catch rate of 3.

Back