• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Back to the Past: A Red, Blue, Yellow (and Green) Roleplay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • "I'm ready when you guys are!" Duc said. Pikachu still complained about food, but it hopped on its trainer's shoulder.

Duc then remembered that he found a blue stone in his vest's pocket. He fumbled with it for a while, but still couldn't figure out what it was. He also pulled out Brock's ticket. He knows that once they get there, Brock wouldn't be following anymore. For some reason, Brock felt like a brother that he never had. Duc desperately tried to come up with ideas to keep Brock from going too soon, but his head was empty.

He followed the group with uneasy steps as he tried to come up with something.

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
  • They continued down the road, which stretched down a hill into Vermillion City. Some fishing boats dotted the sea that lay beyond the city. Skye breathed in deeply, catching the tangy scent of ocean water. She felt a smile cross her face.

Behind her, Duc looked uneasy. She wondered momentarily what could be wrong, but didn't ask. She figured he was probably still tired or something.

They reached the outskirts of the city to find some trainers searching for Pokemon in the grass.

"Hey, you!" called a girl's voice from the grass. A pair of green eyes locked with Skye's. "Blond chick! I challenge youto a battle!"

Skye took a few suprised steps back from the green eyed and haired girl. She stood a few inches shorter than Skye, glaring at her with a freckled face. She held a bug catching net in her fist.

"Uh...okay," Skye agreed. Agile looked at her. "Go Agile!"

"Go Butterfree!" the girl called in her husky, tomboyish voice. "Use poisonpowder!"

"Agile, quick! Use thundershock!" Skye cried, hopin Agile could attack before the poisonpowder hit.

"Pika!" Agile cried, shooting a powerful thundershock at the Butterfree. It seemed a little dazed, but continued to battle.

The poisonpowder hit Agile, and she was poisoned.

"Chu..." Agile groaned, feeling groggy.

"Keep going, Agile!" Skye assured her. "You're doing fine!"

"Butterfree, use confusion!" the girl exclaimed. Her eyes were hard as emeralds.

"Agile, use another thundershock! As powerful as you can!" Skye said, hoping Agile could attack faster than the Butterfree.

Agile sent a massive bolt of electricity at the Butterfree, and it fainted. The girl looked at Skye angrily, tossing another pokeball onto the ground. "Go Weedle!"

"Agile, come on back!" Skye said, taking her dear friend in her arms and giving her some antidote. "Let's see how Fury can handle this!"

The massive bird landed near the Weedle, who shrunk back in terror. The massive Fearow glared at the Weedle, and the Weedle ran back to its trainer.

"Aw, Weedle!" she whined. "It's alright...I didn't know she would ahve a bird!"

"Is everything alright?" Skye asked, peeking out from behind Fury's massive form. The bird sqwaked in annoyance.

"Let's just end the match here," the girl said. "Weedle's petrified of birds, especially one as big as that."

Skye shrugged, and called Fury back. It glared at Brock before it disappeared into his pokeball. Skye looked at Brock, who was pretty stunned and intimidated.

"Thanks for battling anyway," the girl said. "I'm sure Weedle will get his confidence back eventually."

"I'm sure he will too," Skye said, smiling. "Good match."

"You too," the girl said. "See you around!"

The green-haired girl trotted off into the grass. Skye looked at her companions.

"That was a little odd, eh?" she asked. "Let's get going."

The continued on their way, and Skye suddenly remembered something. She had seen Duc pull out a ticket...a ticket for Brock to the Hoenn region. Her smile fell to a frown, and she cast her eyes to the ground. Vermillion was the city he was to depart from...

Years
  • Duc watched the battle with much anticipation. "Good battle, Skye!" he said supportively after the battle was over. Pikachu cheered on her Pok?mon as they battled.

He tried to hide the fact that Brock had to leave, if anyone remembered. Trying his best, Duc struggled to put on his normal face.

lex

PEEWEE!!! ^_^
    Years
  • Lex cheered for Skye as she finished her battle. Skye had a great big smile on. Then all of a sudden it dropped into a frown. Lex came up to Skye and asked.."Whats wrong Skye?Wht happened Skye" Lex waited for an awnser...

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
  • "Oh, it's nothing," Skye assured Lex as they continued towards the city. She looked towards the ocean, trying to mask her anxiety.

Brock was walking alongside her, and she could sense some kind of anticipation from him as well. She frowned once more. He probably couldn't wait to go to Hoenn, and be with his friends there. Why would he waste his time with a rookie trainer like her?

Her disdain soon turned to pure frustration, and she kicked a small rock on the dirt road, sending it flying into the grass. A few Pidgey flew away quickly.

Brock watched her kick the pebble, and distanced himself a little. Skye scowled bitterly to herself, and continued to walk. She tried her best to hide her anger, and was very relieved when they reached the Pokemon Center.

Years
  • Name: Kirby00
    Starting Pokemon: Squirtle (nickname Squirt)
    Height: 5'7
    Weight: 110 (my real age/weight)
    Hair: Strawberry Brunette Hair
    Eyes: Hazel
    Clothes: Calvin Klein Jeans T-Shirt, and C.K. jeans... (im a model, and look handsome).
    Personality: Confident, Stylish, Make others jealous, naturally that is...
    OOC: since u guys got 13 pages, ne1 mind telling me wut happened, or like a summary?

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
  • OOC: Sure thing, Kirby. Since we've had a few members drop out, you are more than welcome to join! Here is what has happened so far, and please remember that this is a R/B/Y roleplay, so NOTHING from the G/S/C, or R/S!

The trainers met up at Pallet town to get Pokedexes from Prof. Oak. They started out on their journey, battling, encountering team rocket, etc. Brock came along with the group because Duc pilfered his ticket to the Hoenn region (the only mention of anything not R/B/y.) and he will be departing from the group (I think) when we get to Vermillion, which is just about now.

In Cerulean, the group encountered Team Rocket, and in a fierce, long battle, defeated them, however, I don't think this is the last we will see of them. Duc at first did not like Misty, but through this battle, they both learned some stuff about each other and called a truce.

So now, we are in Vermillion, and hope that you will join us there, since it would be a little hard for us to meet you if you start in Pallet!

See you soon!

~Skye

Years
  • OOC: Well, I wanted a Pichu...
    Oh well!
    Oh, and you forgot Misty's Pok?mon not from R/B/Y. I just want to fit this RP somewhere in the other storyline.

IC: For the first time, Duc really didn't want to be in a new city. He loved traveling to new places, but because of something in his hands, he's made an exception.

Pikachu didn't worry about its trainer's problems. It ran around the Pok?mon center chatting with other Pok?mon.

Years
  • Since i dont want to make it longer than it is, let's jsut say I said bye to my parents and family, and got the potion for my pc alrdy... after that I headed to the Oak Lab...
    IC: i entered professor oaks lab as he let me chose the last pokemon there which was squirtle... i didnt care that it was the last as it was what i wanted anyways... he also handed me 5 pokeballas and a pokedex... he explained i can have more than 6 pokemon, but i can only have 6 in a party and the rest r stored at the pc. He said all the other trainers who travelled together have alrdy left and some quit their journeys (the members u said who quit this rp), but i can catch up with some luck... he said i must hurry and to help me further he gave me a mysterious TM. he said hold on to this TM, a TM btw is a technical machine he explained... it teaches a pokemon 1 move once. He explained its a very special TM and it will help me in the journey to catching up to the others... He also explained to hold on to it, and to not use it until squirtle has evolved (he also told me about pokemon evolution, and able Team Rocket) into a blastoise... Finally he told me about the gym ldrs. and the Indigo Platue and the ELite4. I knew i had to start right away... Squirtle come on out! i said. he did and looked at me strangely, but Oak explained to him that I was his new trainer, and with my help he would evolve, become stronger, and learn the mysterious TM move... after it became a blastoise... I left and started my way to Viridian City, as I did i ran into a pidgey... my squirtle used tackle to weaken it after several hits back and forth... I knew i had to capture it, as i heard about the very powerful pidgeot. (unless u dont want me to, i think it would be more realsitic if pokemon lvled/gain exp/ evolve/ learn new moves, even if you catch the pokemon, and not like the game in which a pokemon only gains exp if you faint the pokemon, even if you try your hardest and end up catching it) My squirtle lvled up and now i had a new pokemon to battle with... I entered the Viridian forest next...

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
  • OOC: It might be best, Kirby, if you want to catch up to us quickly, if you arrive at Vermillion around the same time as us, and perhaps just post a back story? It'll be helpful to keep us all moving in the same direction. Glad to have you aboard! ^_^

Years
  • ok i caught an abra and zubat, clefairy,jigglypuff, and the pidgey from beforeused my pokemon to defeat brock and msity, and catch a pikachu in the viridian forest... i used abra to teleport me to vermillian city where every1 else was waiting...

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
  • OOC: Sounds good to me, Kirby. Can't wait for you to meet our chars!

IC: Skye sat by the window with Agile by her side. The Pokemon Center was bustling, but she took no notice of what went on around her. Her eyes were on Brock, who was across the street stocking up on supplies for Hoenn. (OOC: We only know of Hoenn to make the stories intertwine between our characters and the ones from the tv series!)

She watched him carefully. His tall, lean form seemed tense today, as if he were anticipating something. The day was still young yet, and he looked like he was ready to just go to bed. Skye frowned and looked down at Agile, who sensed Skye's anxiety.

"It really is stupid of me," she told her companion quietly. "I mean, honestly, what chance do I have? He's a gym leader after all...I can't just walk up to him and ask him to stay."

Agile nodded sadly, sitting in the comfort of her trainer's arms. Agile suddenly leapt up, and ran out the door of the Pokemon Center. Skye, suprised, nearly fell down trying to chase after the little Pikachu.

"Agile!" Skye cried urgently, sprinting after her. "Wait up!"

In the next instant, she had knocked into someone, and was about to fall to the ground, when he caught her by the hand. She looked up, her face turning from a flustered pink to an embarassed red. Before her, clutching her hand for dear life, was Brock.

Skye stood upright, and Brock released her hand, and she could have sworn it was a reluctant move. She stood there for a few moments, speechless. Brock couldn't seem to find words to say either.

"So...um...you're getting ready to leave?" she asked finally, spying Agile running around with Duc's Pikachu, chatting excitedly. Her eyes returned to lock with Brock's

"I...yeah..." he said softly, casting his eyes away back towards the Poke Mart. He sighed, and took a step closer to Skye.

"I...!" she tried her best to muster up the courage. She wanted to scream "son't go!" Instead all that came out was, "Hope you have a good trip."

"Thanks," he sounded almost disappointed.

The ocean wind picked up, sending Skye's hiar flying around her face. She blinked away a tear, and cursed herself for letting her emotions show. She had to be strong!

The crowd bustling about suddenly became a lot more dense as people scoped out places to grab lunch. A passer-by knocked Skye into Brock. He caught her before she fell, but this time, she did not pull away. Her cheeks flaming red, and despite all the people giggling around her, she wrapped her arms around him tightly, pressing her head to his chest.

Suprised, Brock found himself returning the hug, his cheeks turning pink. He looked down at her blond hiar, blowing softly around them.

"What's...wrong?" he asked her, confused.

Skye broke away from him sharply, her expression hurt, her eyes full of tears.

"You don't know?" she sniffled, and promptly turned and fled.

Agile hopped onto her shoulder, worried, asking her what was wrong. Skye just shook her head and ran...ran...past the many docks, past the shops, the cafes, past everyone until she found herself on the outskirts of the city in the East. A wide field stretched before her, and a cave leered at her left. She walked into the cave, the shade cooling her spirits. She sat on the damp floor, Agile by her side, doing the best she could to comfort Skye. Skye looked at her companion, thanking the little Pikachu with her eyes, and then just let the tears fall.

Years
  • when i got there i knew i had to train my pokemon very well before i fought lutenant surge esp my zubat and pidgey, knowing their weaknesses were going to slow them down... i still wanted to meet the other trainers, but since i couldnt find them (*hint hint, i dont want to powerplay here...) i knew i had to train my pokemon while i still had time...

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
  • OOC: Don't worry too much about powerplaying. Check the last few posts from each character to get a general idea as to where we are, have you character walk up and introduce themselves!

Years
  • my pidgey slammed zubat but it evolved and used a supersonic confusing it... my abra fought my pikachu, practicing its teleport while pika practiced its speed on attacks and chasing... my clefairy and jigglypuff practiced singing, both to increase the radius of their sound and resist the others, (not falling asleep), i then went to the pokemon center as my pokemon trained and meet the tohers... i greeted and said hi!

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
  • Skye dried her tears, and looked around her. Brock was nowhere to be seen, and on the outside she appeared to be relieved. Agile watched her with concern.

Suddenly, she saw a new trainer enter the Pokemon Center. He had strawberry brunette hair and hazel eyes, and appeared to be very friendly. He said hello to her and a few other trainers.

"Hi," she said to him, offering a handshake, trying her best to divert his attention from her flushed face. "My name's Skye. What's yours?"

Years
  • OOC: Forgot to tell you one thing! Brock's with us, so kirby00 had to challenge his siblings.

Duc snapped out of the ordeal as a trainer came up and greeted him. "Hi." he said. "The name's Duc. Before you ask, yes, it's like Psyduck, only without the Psy- and the -k." He extended his right arm for a handshake, but it was still weak, so he quickly switched arms.

Remembering the fact that Brock had to leave, Duc pulled out the ticket one more time. He clutched it tightly in his hands while looking for the gym leader. Brock wasn't in the Pok?mon Center. Apoligizing to the new trainer for running off on him, Duc ran out the doors, trying to find Brock. Pikachu quickly followed behind, not knowing what the problem is.

Searching far and wide thoughout the city, Duc couldn't find him. He searched everywhere, except for the harbor. Duc threw out insults at himself for not thinking the obvious.

Being a Pok?mon with good hearing and smell, Pikachu quickly figured out where Brock was in the crowd of people at the harbor. It ran quickly to him and hopped on his shoulders, hoping that Duc could see the bright yellow beacon.

A massive boat loomed over the harbor. Duc stared at it with awe. He spyed the name on the boat. The S.S. Aqua. It looked much different than the other boats around. Pikachu's bright yellow coat distracted him from the view. He ran up to Brock. "Where do you think you're going?!" he yelled over everyone else's voices.

Before Brock had a chance to respond, Duc interrupted him. "Okay, forget it. You're trying to leave for Hoenn already, aren't ya? Well, you can't go yet!" He took out the ticket from his hands. "If you forgot already, I still have the ticket, ya know." Brock put a stupid look on his face and rushed to get the ticket, but like before Duc easily prevented that from happening. Pikachu was thrown off from the struggling.

"Why won't you give me my ticket?!" Brock said.
    "Why do you want to leave so soon?!" Duc snapped back.
    "I asked first!"
    "Fine. I said that I'll give you your ticket once we've gotten to Vermilion City, right? Well, we're not in it!"
    "What do you mean?"
    "This harbor is technically outside of the city! And so's the Pok?mon Center!"
    Brock looked quite confounded. "Sorry, but before you get the ticket, could you please help us in this city's gym???" Duc pleaded.
    "I dunno..."
    "Please, please, please,..." Duc kept on saying until Brock finally agreed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back