• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bad Pokemon Evolutions

CyanideEspeon

Strange Woman
Years
  • I like all Pokémon, even the 4th gen evolutions and pre-evolutions, but they could've done better on some.

WolfWrath

*Questions your mental health*
    Years
  • Top 10:

10. Magnezone ('ol Magney didn't even need and evo. let alone THAT)
    9. Togekiss (same with Magnezone)
    8. Likliky It has a bad name, bad design, and Likitung didn't need this either
    7. Tangrowth 0_0 its an oversized bush
    6. Garchomp I prefer Gabite more
    5. Rhyperior Its ugly and fat like most of the other retro pokemon new evolutions.
    4. Purugly I love Glameow, but they ruined them with something that looks like my fat cat
    3. Probopass It looks like a plumber...
    2. Mamoswine it looks like they never spent too much on their design
    1. Magmortar Its so ugly it gives magmar and Magby a bad name )=

I'm not a big fan of the new evos. for the older gen. pokemon (I like Honchkrow, Gallade, Yanmega, and Froslass though)
    they're just so tubby...

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2009
    i dont reaaly like probopass and im also not very fond of dusknoir. They could have left duskull as he was.

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2009
    RHYPERIOR sucks. Rhydon looked sweet and was a proud member to have on your team. Rhyperior look nothing like the other two if i dint no better id say he was a complete diffrent pokemon he sucks badly I refuse to let my rhydon evolve it sucks. Have you seriously seen the state of it.

heLLkitsune

There's nothing for me here...
    Years
  • RHYPERIOR sucks. Rhydon looked sweet and was a proud member to have on your team. Rhyperior look nothing like the other two if i dint no better id say he was a complete diffrent pokemon he sucks badly I refuse to let my rhydon evolve it sucks. Have you seriously seen the state of it.
    this is my man :D. rhydon 100 times over rhyperior. rhydon looks so cool and it was strong too. on the other side rhyperior is so ugly that i would be ashamed of having it for a pokemon xD

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • New evolutions - The Good:

- Crobat
    - Scizor
    - Slowking
    - Steelix
    - Kingdra
    - Electrivire
    - All the eeveelutions except Leafeon
    - Yanmega
    - Mismagius
    - Gliscor
    - Weavile
    - Mamoswine
    - Roserade

The Bad:

- Politoed
    - Hitmontop
    - Lickilicky
    - Rhyperior
    - Tangrowth
    - Leafeon
    - Magmortar
    - Honchkrow
    - Probopass

The Meh:

- Magnezone
    - Bellossom
    - Blissey
    - Porygon 2 + Z
    - Togekiss
    - Ambipom
    - Gallade
    - Dusknoir
    - Froslass

Jeez, there have been a lot of them, haven't there! I haven't even touched on prevolutions.

;_; at the bolded Pokemon. ;_;

And to add to the fray: AMpharos. While I love Ampharos itself (enough to have one on my team :3) it doesn't really look like Mareep or Flaafy. :\ I guess it slightly resembles a sheep which has been shaved, but... :\

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
  • I'll do it in Charmageddon's style.

New evolutions - The Good:

- Gliscor (durr. :V)
    - Crobat
    - Scizor
    - Electrivire
    - Yanmega
    - Mismagius
    - Weavile
    - Roserade
    - Honchkrow
    - Hitmontop
    - Magnezone
    - Froslass
    - Dusknoir
    - Togekiss
    - Ambipom

The Bad:

- Politoed
    - Lickilicky
    - Rhyperior
    - Tangrowth (purely in terms of appearance)
    - Every Eevee evolution - you seriously don't f#$%ing need any more of these, GameFreak. >:V
    - Magmortar (also purely in terms of appearance)
    - Probopass
    - Mamoswine
    - Gallade
    - Bellossom

The Meh:

- Blissey
    - Porygon 2 + Z
    - Slowking
    - Kingdra
    - Steelix

Quit evolving Eevee, already. >_>

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    ;_; at the bolded Pokemon. ;_;

And to add to the fray: AMpharos. While I love Ampharos itself (enough to have one on my team :3) it doesn't really look like Mareep or Flaafy. :\ I guess it slightly resembles a sheep which has been shaved, but... :\

Politoed - I'm just a big Poliwrath fan. I dunno what it is about him that bugs me, Politoed just annoys me.

Hitmontop - It just doesn't fit with the other Hitmons. Lee was the kicking pokemon, Chan was the punching pokemon, Top was.... umm... a thing, on its head.... with three legs..... it didn't have a proper niche like the other two.

Honchkrow - I'm not quite sure why a Witch-like crow evolves into Abraham Lincoln.

Kaisuki

Purplicious.
    Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2009
    Gallade is just ugly. It's a man with a butt. Seriously, guys don't need badonkadonks.

michele

☮ & ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    - Every Eevee evolution - you seriously don't f#$%ing need any more of these, GameFreak. >:V

Quit evolving Eevee, already. >_>
    finally, someone agrees with me! even though i kind of like glaceon, the eeveelutions got old after the first one ffs. t_t

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • Electivire & Magmortar: Totally unnecessary evolutions. Magmar was way cool, Electabuzz was alright. They just had to ruin them with these giant obese gorillas. :[ They look awful and they aren't that strong either.

Tangrowth: Tangrowth was a mistake, seriously. Tangela was an awesome original design. <3 Tangrowth was created with absolutely no imagination at all ; all it is is an enlarged Tangela. :(

Magnezone: I don't like it's design. I thought it was awesome that they made a triple Magnemite thing, but now there's this spaceship thing floating around. Plus, they should've made it's pair, Electrode, an evolution if they were gonna make Magnezone.

Eeveelutions: All bar the three original. It just takes all the originality and creativity from Pokemon if we have an eeveelution for so many types.

Lickilicky: Lickitung was amazing. <333 Now there's this pink Snorlax roaming around. It's way ugly.

Gallade: Absolutely unnecessary. The Gardevoir line was a true favorite of the third Generation for its femininity and grace. Now there's a male only Pokemon, which doesn't make much sense anymore since Gardy can be male too. :/

Cherubi: Cherrim would be an awesome Pokemon; it could have been one of the few Gen IV with the originality of the first two Generations. Then there was Cherubi, a weaker version of the already weak Pokemon. -sigh-

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    I have many. . Vaporeon, Flareon, Glaceon, Espeon, Electrivire, Magmortar, Scizor, Mamoswine, Rhyperior, Togekiss, Probopass, and Tangrowth are some of them.​

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    Cherubi: Cherrim would be an awesome Pokemon; it could have been one of the few Gen IV with the originality of the first two Generations. Then there was Cherubi, a weaker version of the already weak Pokemon. -sigh-

Cherubi was introduced at the same time as Cherrim. That's like complaining that Rattata ruined Raticate, or that Giovanni ruined Team Rocket.

SonicThrust

Ice Cream <3
    Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2013
    I really don't like Magmortar, Electivire, Rhyperior and Gallade. I just don't think they were needed.

All the Probopass hate makes me cry...

Back