• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Battle Frontier Discussion

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Too rare to list one. Swampert is a beast that you either have a counter for, or you don't. That is why it is the best starter ever. As long as you can wear it out though, you can be okay. AI Swampert's aren't nearly as powerful as competitive Swampert, so at least you have that going for you.

Personally, I used Swampert/Gengar/Blissey for my BF adventures. Swampert hurts physically, is a great Dragon counter, and can take physical hits well. Gengar is one of the best special attackers, can learn Giga Drain to counter Swampert, and can SubPunch away annoying Normal-types. Blissey is, well, Blissey. Special wall and cleric. I have used Milotic in Blissey's place, allowing Swampert to go full physical or even replaced by Salamence, but that is the team that worked the best for me.

Years
    But would'nt you need FR/LG to get Gengar/Blissey? 'Cause that's the problem... I have a friend with FR but I don't think he's very far, and I rarely go to his house too...

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Yes, but as I said, that is what I used. Again, you don't HAVE to have a Swampert counter, but it helps. You just have to be able to handle it. You either need to be tough enough to wear it down or you have to be able to inflict a status on it and outlast it.

Flygon, Alakazam, and Regice can be a pretty solid team. I would go with Substitute over Quick Attack / Screech on Flygon though.

Years
    Ok, so Alakazam, Regice for sure... and I was thinking a Sceptile, but not for sure... I was thinking Sceptile with Leaf Blade, Substitute, Leech Seed, and Brick Brick/Earthquake?

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Meh. Sceptile shares a Fire weakness with Regice, is a much better special attacker than physcial one (base 105 SAtk vs. 85 Atk), and has no STAB physical moves, unlike Swampert (Ground), Metagross (Steel), Heracross (Bug/Fighting), Flygon (Ground), and Dodrio/Salamence/Dragonite (Flying). It also is pretty frail defensively (base 65 Def), and has many physical weaknesses, which leaves you open to physical attackers. You might be okay in the BF though. I have not tried going in through it like that, but looking at some of the teams some here claim that they have gotten the symbols with, you will probably be okay. I would just make sure that Regice has Rest to allow it to last. You will probably need it.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Three rounds of seven battles each to face him for the Silver Symbol. Six rounds for the Gold Symbol.

Remember, you only face Noland when you do the Single Lv50 battles.

Dee Trier

Drageon The Dragon Type Eevee
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Feb 19, 2010
    Three rounds of seven battles each to face him for the Silver Symbol. Six rounds for the Gold Symbol.

I met noland twice in single battle open level. The important is it must be single battle, it's up to you either in open lv or lv50.

Auron

Legendary Guardian
    Years
    Now I have a question. I wanna win the Silver Symbol from Battle Pyramid level 50. I need a good team for beating the Regis.

I'll use a Salamence with Hydro Pump and a Solrock with Flamethrower...Do you guys think they're a good team ??

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Swampert with a STAB Earthquake take down the Regis quite easily. Solrock just doesn't cut it.

Years
    Does this team sound like a good Battle Frontier team? (I got the silver luck symbol, and tactics symbol with only using Lanturn and Regice)

Dusclops --- Impish Nature
    @Shell Bell
    1. Will-O-Wisp
    2. Ice Beam
    3. Psychic
    4. Shadow Ball

Lanturn --- Bold Nature
    @Magnet
    1. Surf
    2. Thunderbolt
    3. Confuse Ray
    4. Ice Beam

(Lanturn can take almost anything out, even with a non super effective attack because of Thunderbolt + STAB + Magnet = OHKO)

Regice --- Serious Nature
    @Leftovers
    1. Ice Beam
    2. Rest
    3. Explosion
    4. Toxic

And a few other Pokes, mix and match them to make a good team for me.

Salamence --- Naive Nature
    @???
    1. Dragon Claw
    2. Earthquake
    3. Rock Slide
    4. Aerial Ace

Ariados --- ??? Nature
    @???
    1. Baton Pass
    2. Signal Beam
    3. Sludge Bomb
    4. Agility

Swampert --- Jolly Nature
    @???
    1. Rest
    2. Ice Beam
    3. Surf
    4. Earthquake

Crobat --- ??? Nature
    @???
    1. Aerial Ace
    2. Sludge Bomb
    3. Confuse Ray
    4. Return

Skarmory --- Impish Nature
    @???
    1. Aerial Ace
    2. Roar
    3. Spikes
    4. Rest

Alright, there's a bunch of combinations I was thinking if someone could mix and match them to make a good team that would be nice.

ChrisG14

I'm back baby!
    Years

Wha? Do you mean it's easier facing him in Lv50 Single Battles than Open Level? Because I've gotten 2 symbols both Open Level.

ChrisG14

I'm back baby!
    Years
    I don't think it's possible to get symbols on open level...

What? I've seen battles on youtube with people getting symbols in Open Level? I recored a battle where I beat Lucy and her Lv 72 team with my Lv 72 team on my frontier pass. I last recorded a match against Tucker's his Lv 74 team against my Lv 74 team. Same goes for Noland and the Lv100 guys. Maybe there are different versions of Emerald. One where you can only get symbols in Open Level, and one where you can only get them in Lv50... :\

Dee Trier

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Feb 19, 2010
    Silver or Gold? I sy nothing for gold since i also haven't gotten it to, but for silver my milotic could take care of the third entrance plus all the regis.

Who say we can't face brain/ got symbol in open level?? All my silver symbol plus one gold symbol is won at open level!! My friend also clear the open level for all 7 silver and 2 Gold

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    You can face the Frontier Brains at either L50 or Open Level. It's only on Multi-battle modes they don't appear, only on single or double battles with one trainer.

BTW, any tips on the Battle Factory? It's the one that really frustrates me cos I don't have a lot of choice about what I use.

Dee Trier

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Feb 19, 2010
    Silver or Gold? I haven't won the gold but lately i could always pass the 3rd at least with trade every time. You need solid leader(1st pokemon).

Some pokemon I like (prefer):
    - Dodrio
    - Miltank (reversal, endure, earthquake, shadowball)
    - Starmie (surf,ice beam, thunder bolt, psychic)
    - gengar (fire punch, psychic, t bolt , D bond)
    - Espeon (Charm, Calm mind, Psychic,....)
    Gyara/Sala for D dancing
    Or maybe that gardevoir that could calm mind

after many entry you will know which pokemon and it's moveset it is

Back