• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Battle Stadium Daily Chit-Chat [Everyone go on the PO server please :D]

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    well i like blastosie (my favorite pokemon)
    Battle Stadium Daily Chit-Chat [Everyone go on the PO server please :D]

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
    Umm lol Toxic Spikes aren't rampant in UU, they're rare because Poison types (especially Venusaur) run rampant in UU.

Macy123

Casual Indeed
    Years
    Noob here, so do you guys use the Shoddy server to battle or...? I also don't understand what half of the terms used are (OU, UU, standard clause, etc). Are there any casual battlers (for a lack of better term)? xD

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    NU - Neverused Pokémon, as indicated by Smogon's tier list
    OU - Overused Pokémon, as indicated by Smogon's tier list
    Uber - "Super" Pokémon, as indicated by Smogon's tier list
    UU - Underused Pokemon, as indicated by Smogon's tier list

Clauses outlined in Battle Rules.

Yes, besides Wifi, some use Shoddy to battle (follow this link): https://shoddybattle.com/downloads

PC has its very own Shoddy server. You can either find it on the main page once using Shoddy, or use the advanced tab there and type in:

Host: games.manse.us
    Port: 38725

The Shoddy rules are posted here.

Perhaps you can find casual battlers; however, the majority battle in a way that reflects Smogon and its movesets and tiers.

NickofTime

Dancin' like a dragon
    Years
    OMG ive won 10 battles recently due to my new addition to my team
    scarf magnezone
    with explode hp fire, t bolt , flash cannon
    yeah i made it cause im tired of scizor ... period plus with hp fire after stealth damage it will 1hko SD lucario which is really nice
    XDDDDDDDD

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    Sub/Tbolt/HP Grass/Boom magnezone is better. HP Fire + TBolt is dumb imo, since its:

1. Set up bait for something
    2. TBolt OHKO's or 2HKO's every steel-type anyway.
    3. Swampert used wall.

NickofTime

Dancin' like a dragon
    Years
    except scizor carries superpower or brick break, either will one shot magnezone
    and considering i made scarfzone to OHKO scizor (scizor is EXTREMELY COMMON in OU)
    swampert has nothing on sub seed shaymin
    what are you going to set up with? doesn't matter you haven't faced me, so yeah?

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    except scizor carries superpower or brick break, either will one shot magnezone
    and considering i made scarfzone to OHKO scizor (scizor is EXTREMELY COMMON in OU)
    swampert has nothing on sub seed shaymin
    what are you going to set up with? doesn't matter you haven't faced me, so yeah?

Oh really. I though all Scizor had was Bug Bite and Bullet Punch. Thanks for informing me that it carries other attacks. I won't make that mistake again!

I wasn't sure of Scizor's popularity, so I wasn't really confident that Magnezone was a good pokemon, but no I am re-assured that it is.

Swampert's usually have Ice Beam/Punch which gets SubSeed Shaymin pretty good.

Well, if you're locked into HP Fire, I can set up with Mence, Gyara, Dragonite, Suicune, Infernape, Heatran can come in and get a Flash Fire Boost, there are a plethora of things that can set up on a fire attack.

The last question should actually end in a period, because its a statement.

dr4g0n12

Δράκος
    Years

Oh really. I though all Scizor had was Bug Bite and Bullet Punch. Thanks for informing me that it carries other attacks. I won't make that mistake again!

I wasn't sure of Scizor's popularity, so I wasn't really confident that Magnezone was a good pokemon, but no I am re-assured that it is.

Swampert's usually have Ice Beam/Punch which gets SubSeed Shaymin pretty good.

Well, if you're locked into HP Fire, I can set up with Mence, Gyara, Dragonite, Suicune, Infernape, Heatran can come in and get a Flash Fire Boost, there are a plethora of things that can set up on a fire attack.

The last question should actually end in a period, because its a statement.

Swampert lacks enough speed to ko shaymin.

NickofTime

Dancin' like a dragon
    Years
    ehh its mence, mence comes in on every choice scarfer

and yes if you mean by sending in a counter im totally defenseless and i have no counters of my own then yes i probably will lose ( because i just run around with scarfzone)

i guess the other option is to let scizor set up a swords dance and see what happens (sounds really intelligent huh?)

and only offensive pert can 2hko my shaymin LUL
    the other defensive sets it takes three hits (with a supereffective move) (ive tested this)

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    ehh its mence, mence comes in on every choice scarfer

and yes if you mean by sending in a counter im totally defenseless and i have no counters of my own then yes i probably will lose ( because i just run around with scarfzone)

i guess the other option is to let scizor set up a swords dance and see what happens (sounds really intelligent huh?)

and only offensive pert can 2hko my shaymin LUL
    the other defensive sets it takes three hits (with a supereffective move) (ive tested this)

Can you teach me how to pokemon better?

Detox

Changing the topic from this bad case of theorymoning + trolling.

So how do you guys feel about the bad Salamence suspect testing.

NickofTime

Dancin' like a dragon
    Years
    I personally have a love hate relationship with salamence, while i personally loved using him when i started competitive battling, too many ppl use 'mence because it is so powerfull

but i do think that there will always be that "top pokemon" thats borderline in OU; its just a fact of battling competitively

Back