• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Battle Stadium Daily Chit-Chat [Everyone go on the PO server please :D]

Aurafire

provider of cake
Years
  • Aura's tourney died because no one but me and whoever I battled with completed their battles. The due date was WEEKS ago.

Yes, and I appreciate that you actually got your battle done lol.

Anyway, I like to look at the Battle Stadium as kind of an empty shell right now, and we only have a few more months until B/W comes out, which should be a big activity booster. The way I see it, we should have things running as best as possible before then so we can ensure a smooth transition. That was the point of my wifi tournaments, to try to get some sort of steady activity going besides the random comings-and-goings of leagues/smaller tournaments. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to have caught on.

Personally I believe that we have enough members here to have a small but decently active battling community to set the stage for B/W. I think the problem is that the leagues/tournaments aren't keeping people's interest. I hear a lot of members complain about how quiet this place is, but then do nothing to change it. This is where the staff can only do so much, and YOU guys have to step up, take control and communicate with each other and try to think of some good ideas to get the Battle Stadium moving again. That's precisely what this thread is for, and no one seems to use it. I'm happy to listen to ANY new ideas that you might have for tournaments and leagues, but they will only be successful of others are on board with it.

So yeah, that's my mini pep-talk, lol.

parkwater

Getting serious about battling
    Years
    • tn
    • Seen Nov 21, 2013
    i agree completely with aurafire i always to and bring my friends on this site
    i also go around pc to the other fourms and find people who like ot battle
    at one point i had started a group that would teach people who to ev train so they would want ot battle
    and on my pokemon battle revolution my dudes' names are pokecommunity and the stuff they say is join pokecommunity

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    I can't think of anything else other than reviving clans or community night. Also, just a thought, we could combine community night and the tutor sessions that we might have. Except, this time community night will be less tournament focused, with just one or two tournaments and leave the rest for tutoring (maybe tutor new people in the tournament battles). Discuss a Pokémon or two every time we have it? That probably won't work, but again just throwing it out there.

We do already have two experience check tournaments for the tutoring, but these would be more laid back and have themes I guess.

Edit: Oh, and community night doesn't have to always happen during nighttime.

Edit again: Could also help keep people who didn't make it as an apprentice involved. Well, without the community night that would be the same, but with it they could participate in tournaments.

Last edited:

PokemonLeagueChamp

Traveling Hoenn once more.
    Years
  • Well, I guess I need to dust off my old Nova League ideas and get it running. I'd like to know beforehand if there's any interest. There is a group called Nova League in my groups, so check that out. A lot of what's currently there will probably be changed eventually as it's a work in progress.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Bumping this I guess.

I can't think of anything else other than reviving clans or community night. Also, just a thought, we could combine community night and the tutor sessions that we might have. Except, this time community night will be less tournament focused, with just one or two tournaments and leave the rest for tutoring (maybe tutor new people in the tournament battles). Discuss a Pokémon or two every time we have it? That probably won't work, but again just throwing it out there.

We do already have two experience check tournaments for the tutoring, but these would be more laid back and have themes I guess.

Edit: Oh, and community night doesn't have to always happen during nighttime.

Edit again: Could also help keep people who didn't make it as an apprentice involved. Well, without the community night that would be the same, but with it they could participate in tournaments.
    Another idea:

Maybe instead of clans there could something similar to this, with only like 3-4 teams of course. (tl;dr ex: There's 10 teams, and then each will need 10 managers w/ 1-2 back-up managers for each team (we don't need a back-up with our small battling community). Then, when every team has a manager chosen, there will be an auction to bid on battlers that have signed up (this is can be changed as well). And there will round robin style playoffs where each has to face each other, etc (like clan wars pretty much).

Good thing about having an auction for choosing battlers (or something similar), is that it prevents everyone from just joining the team DA is in, etc. It also keeps the good players balanced out, so they aren't grouped into one team. I didn't read the entire thread thoroughly, but that was just the general I got.

Having clans like this could prevent less spam since they would be more moderated and such, and random people wouldn't be able to make bad clans (spam pits).

Edit: Oh and all the battles would be 5th gen, we don't have enough users to have certain people for different tiers and such of course lol.

Last edited:

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • I like that idea, maybe we could do our own version just so we're not totally copying smogon, and obviously we'd be doing it with far less battlers. It's a fun variation on clans and wouldn't be nearly as spammy.

Anyone else have some opinions?

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    I don't mind changing it some, and we could make it more simple.

Throwing out another idea: tournament with the similar system to the New Year's one, but it encourages scouting and countering teams to make it more interesting. Basically, you view other battles, take note of their team, and do anything to gain the advantage over them. ;D

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
  • As if the Wifi Clause isn't bad enough. ~_~ I'm not a fan of that idea actually. xD However, I do agree on the points system for tourneys. They're more fun and a lot more battles are done, making everyone better battlers in the process. It also encourages team building because you don't want to face the same person with they same team. :o Otherwise they know your strategy.

The only downside is it also encourages certain people *cough* to cheat.

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2016
    does anyone else fid it annoying when you opponent uses a team of ubers of you and there terrible at using them. Then they say you got lucky when you beet them

Detox

I dont think a wifi clan would be that popular tbh, might as well make it pokemon online.

Detox

But why join a clan that uses that awful clause that allows you to scout teams.

TTC

Tommy The Cat
    Years
  • What is this wifi clause you're talking about? As is, all I'm interested in at all is wifi play, assuming PO operates in the same general way as shoddy battle.

Detox

Wi-Fi clause (Pokémon Online only) allows both you and your opponent to view each others teams and change the order accordingly.

TTC

Tommy The Cat
    Years
  • Why is that there, and why does it say pokemon online only? I think I'm confused. Isn't PO Pokemon Online?

Detox

Yes, its a clause which lets it simulate it as if it was an actual wifi battle, however you will still need to battle on the simulator.

TTC

Tommy The Cat
    Years
  • Ah ok, that makes sense. Ok then, I have a question for the lot of you then. Obviously now cartridge play is going to be pretty slow for Gen IV and nonexistent for Gen V, but come Sunday and the release of BW, do you think there will be an increase in activity of actual cartridge wi-fi play? I feel like there is an untapped community of gamers here willing to participate.

Detox

No, because they completely made a mess of the few good aspects wifi had running for it.

Back