• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Battle Stadium Daily Chit-Chat [Everyone go on the PO server please :D]

Lightning93

Fox Mainer
Years
  • Sorry to take things off topic, but I was told I could ask quick questions here.

What's the ruling on being able to use PP Up's or PP Max's? Is it illegal?

Say for example I have a Choice Spec'd Kingdra with Hydro Pump. I'm liking how much damage that move is doing, but I'm starting to run low on PP. This guy's wall is holding up, but he can't outheal my Hydro Pump. If I had a used a PP max, Choice Spec'd Kingdra 's sweeping ability instantly becomes greater. I understand most team's run a counter to this situation, but even so...

Sorry if I missed seeing this ruling in plain sight.

Detox

There is no rule about using PP Ups/PP maxes, if you use them you win if you dont you get stalled by stuff.

crimsonstorm

The Original Crimson
    Years
    • WV
    • Seen Jun 3, 2011
    Hey guys. I've been pretty busy as of late so I'm taking a couple weeks vacation from pokemon.

NickofTime

Dancin' like a dragon
    Years
  • WELCOME BACK CRIMSON
    0.0 latias is uber? lol i never had a latias anyways
    there should be a counter for scizor called rock.... GET IT? =P

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2015
    WELCOME BACK CRIMSON
    0.0 latias is uber? lol i never had a latias anyways
    there should be a counter for scizor called rock.... GET IT? =P

when i knew latias became uber, the thought of getting an ev'd one just disappeared. sigh, ive always wanted to trade for a nice ev'd one but the tiers just keep changing these days.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • Lol ok i stop battling for 2 weeks and i come back and everything is wack
    tentacruel being freaking OU?
    lol smogon ..... WUT?

Tenta has been OU since forever................................ you are playing pokemon right?

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
  • :/ Wow. That's all I gotta say.

Anyway, Latias in Ubers has killed almost all of my teams. :| That makes me sad.

NickofTime

Dancin' like a dragon
    Years

• Tenta has been OU since forever................................ you are playing pokemon right?
    Hey gamer, You mad bro? or are you just trolling me? glad to know your over your ED still contributing to the thread

pwnobi used tenta against me in UU as well as umbreon and since i haven't UU'd in quite literally a year, i didn't rage quit =P

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • Hey gamer, You mad bro? or are you just trolling me? glad to know your over your ED still contributing to the thread

pwnobi used tenta against me in UU as well as umbreon and since i haven't UU'd in quite literally a year, i didn't rage quit =P

UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Wat?

Tenta was, as far as I know, never UU.

Also I don't have erectyle disfuction, and I make reasonable posts.

^my reaction to your posts.

.Aero

Years
  • Lulz, this thread makes my day sometimes. And I'm pretty sure Gamer didn't troll you as much as you trolled yourself. ^^ Have a nice day.

NickofTime

Dancin' like a dragon
    Years
  • Lulz, this thread makes my day sometimes. And I'm pretty sure Gamer didn't troll you as much as you trolled yourself. ^^ Have a nice day.
    how do you troll yourself aero? oh i get it, you're not making sense again

and gamer i crossed out that you have ed, and i said you contribute to this thread so thanks for repeating what i posted?

however i'll try to make a pretense of conversation which you guys will ignore
    I think that t-tar should be uber if mence is uber because it has a 600 total base stat, same as mence though the individual base stats are different, it can work as a curser,dancer, wall, sweeper
    also it still remains a huge threat to the OU metagame and can hold its own in the uber metagame as well.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    I think that t-tar should be uber if mence is uber because it has a 600 total base stat, same as mence though the individual base stats are different, it can work as a curser,dancer, wall, sweeper
    also it still remains a huge threat to the OU metagame and can hold its own in the uber metagame as well.

So exactly why is it 'uber' ? It has many counters, it doesnt over centralize and it damn sure cant sweep the majority of prepared teams so i mean. :/

Btw base stats are irrelevant.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • how do you troll yourself aero? oh i get it, you're not making sense again

and gamer i crossed out that you have ed, and i said you contribute to this thread so thanks for repeating what i posted?

Tyranitar is infinitely easier to deal with and is weak to Fighting, Ground and Steel which are among the most commonly used attack types as well as Water and Grass who are also quite common. The last part was bolded because Ubers status is determined by power in OU, not Ubers.

Also, I'm well aware you crossed out ED, but you obviously put it in your post with intention of me reading it.

Last edited:

NickofTime

Dancin' like a dragon
    Years
  • its just a opinion, you can all wait your turn to rip my opinion to shreds =P
    its just hard to think of convo's for this thread =/
    ok ive been having recent success with my team but not because its synergy or anything but from one pokemon, cursepert

gamer I have come to peace with my spiritual self (lul calling my spirittomb that if i can ever breed a shiny one) I am sorry for my actions that have in any way offended you.

WOAH actual legit question, so today while i was playing my friend on HG i pursuit ed his jirachi during the sunlight and it fainted then a bunch of weather effects happened (sandstorm, rain etc) and i was getting hurt twice a turn by sandstorm?!?!?!??!
    what happened >.< is this a new thing? i haven't played competitively since diamond and pearl btw

Last edited:

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • Its called "Acid Rain" its a glitch that happens when you use Pursuit + <Field Effect>.

Detox

What do you think gen 5 will bring, as far as the competitive aspects of the game?

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • BASE 180 POWER OUTRAGE! NO SPATK DROP FROM DRACO METEOR AND BOOST IT TO 180 BASE POWER TO YEAH!!!

lol nintendo would do something like that. :(

as long as there is no light type, and more uber mons idc

.Aero

Years
  • Zekrom seems pretty cool. Electric/Dragon offers some really nice, strong resistances. ^o^ I may actually get into ubers now so that I learn the metagame and what's important for when Gen 5 rolls around. Also, if there's a light type. I'm quitting pokemon. Nintendo, if you make such a gimmicky type as that, I'm fairly certain most people would stop playing.

Also, NoT, can you please stop being so rude to everyone?

NickofTime

Dancin' like a dragon
    Years
  • Zekrom seems pretty cool. Electric/Dragon offers some really nice, strong resistances. ^o^ I may actually get into ubers now so that I learn the metagame and what's important for when Gen 5 rolls around. Also, if there's a light type. I'm quitting pokemon. Nintendo, if you make such a gimmicky type as that, I'm fairly certain most people would stop playing.

Also, NoT, can you please stop being so rude to everyone?

So i hope for a electric ground type with dry skin and decent stats, hopefully a special attacker
    also i want more special rock type moves

Back