• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Begin Again (OOC)

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
  • Is there anyone whose mother language IS English here? Cause there sure are a lot of fellas here in this club xD Mine is Spanish

EDIT: @Adventure- I got a question regarding evolution. Whenever anyone wants to evolve a Pokémon, do we ask here to see about that? Because I'm planning to have Curtis evolve at some point after Danica gets the Cascade Badge.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 15, 2017
    My first language is English, and I'm learning Japanese as my second.

Waiting to post until someone else does since I was the last person to post but all ready for Lilliana to head to route 3 if anyone else wants to interact with her.

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
    Years
  • Just posted a... uh... well it was a very short and one sided battle. Delta also displayed a bit of rich boy arrogance and he learns about three mysterious mega evolution wielders in Kanto. (Giovanni, Koga, and... Is that a character whose identity won't be revealed as he might be central to my adventure? Possibly... I will say that he IS a cannon character who, when you think about it, Deserves Mega Evolution. No it's not Red.)

Oh and in the post it might seem like there's ONLY three, but It meant that only 3 recently used their key stones.

Last edited:

Emakrul

To Hell and Back
    Years
  • @goldenhouou I didn't realize other people were on the waiting list. I just figured it don't hurt to ask. Thanks for replying though. :)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Is there anyone whose mother language IS English here? Cause there sure are a lot of fellas here in this club xD Mine is Spanish

EDIT: @Adventure- I got a question regarding evolution. Whenever anyone wants to evolve a Pokémon, do we ask here to see about that? Because I'm planning to have Curtis evolve at some point after Danica gets the Cascade Badge.
    Yep, ask here first and if I deem it okay you can go ahead and write about the evolution.

Rainflower

분홍신
    Years
  • @GoldenHouou, Logical:

That's so sweet of you! Thank you <3;; I guess it'd be better to split up afterwards. I think she's up to Pokemon Center next, then visit the gym afterwards. We're sort of left behind! xD

Wow, franky I was surprised when I saw there's more non-native English speakers here. I could learn a lot from you all :"D

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    I feel the same... That's why i sometimes give some typos.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Turns out this was the worst time ever to invite me to a JP xD But me and gimme's JP is finally done (it's not even long ahaha.......) and we'll catch up with you faraway Mount Mooners soon enough! I will post Mt Moon soon too.

Years
  • You know what? Since me and some others are really slow posters, I don't think it hurts to let a couple of more players in. So, Medic and Yamagi - feel free to post your SUs! Note that you will be starting in Pewter City like everyone else.

Should I write my events in Pewter so they coincide with the previous posts in the IC thread, or should I resort to stepping into the scene chronologically?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Should I write my events in Pewter so they coincide with the previous posts in the IC thread, or should I resort to stepping into the scene chronologically?
    Let's see your SU before we worry :)

But you can do it any way you wish. I will likely do my own thing pretty often, since it would be tricky to coordinate with as much as 20 other players.

Yamagi Sosuke

Hope & Ambition
    Years
  • SIGN-UP SHEET:

hMsFBJf.png

Name: Gideon Arc

Hometown: Pallet Town

Appearance: Gideon is somewhat short and fragile for his age, standing at only 5'4" and having a rather imposing name to veil over the truth. After adventuring around his home one day, he met a mysterious figure that changed something in him. No one is sure what exactly happened but when he was found later that night, in almost perfect condition, his ravenous hair had a multitude of green tinting, his eyes were jaded, and his skin grew pale. He enjoys being comfortable above all else, so his view on his fashion is relatively simplistic. A black tank-top, green long-sleeve jacket, black jeans, and sneakers.

Interests and goals: Since his night of adventuring, Gideon has talked only about becoming the best Pokemon trainer in the entire world. It's obvious in his words, in the shimmering of his passionate eyes that his resolve for this is absolute. He has tossed aside his father and mother's wishes, rebuked the doctors suggestion of allowing more blood work, and all but destroyed his elder brother's orders to stay home. He enjoys taking pictures and admires those that strayed from the traditional route of battle. His photography is minuscule when compared to his true passion. Only reserving the capturing of a moment if its truly beautiful.

Family: Jewel is his mother, a hardened woman with strong opinions; Nigel is his step-father, a rather brawny man that speaks far less than most; and Callen is his brother, strong and independent, he is the epitome of what Gideon wanted to be at one point. Before the accident, the two brothers were inseparable, now Gideon can barely stand being around the guy. Jewel and Nigel owns a small child-care facility in Viridian City. Gideon looks aesthetically like his father but has his mother's soft features.

Strengths: Above all else Gideon is determined. His obsession on becoming the best is borderline insanity. This magnificent sense of purpose however, often overshadows the other positives. While not jolly or jovial, he is without a reason kindhearte. Along with this comes his courage and empathy. They are almost innate in nature.

Weaknesses: Fear runs rampant in him whenever he feels he cannot overcome hurdle, which isn't too often. But when this insurmountable feeling does surface, it often drives him to tantrums, depression, and aggressive outbursts. It usually takes Violet screeching in his ear for him to get things clear. He has an unusual fear for his own reflective image, usually straying from looking into mirrors, waters, glasses, trainer screens, etc, etc. His small stature leaves him with little muscle but that's often fixed with sheer determination and will of mind.

714.gif

Starter pokémon: Noibat (female) Supersonic – Super Fang – Agility – Wing Attack – Air Cutter – Roost
    Bio: Violet was found as a egg with an unconscious Gideon on the night of his mysterious adventure; Noibat was the boy's first Pokemon. The two of them was often alone by Gideon's choice. He shared his sudden and almost overwhelming desire to conquer the Pokemon world many times and while she is overly affectionate during the talks, he knows that while she's cuddling in his lap; that she's listening. The two are usually inseparable and naturally, she travels without the aide of pokeball.​

004.gif

Second pokémon: Charmander (male) Scary Face – Dragon Claw – Ember – Growl – Fire Spin – Iron Tail (TM)
    Bio: If not for the "accident" Charmander or "Crimson" would had been his first pokemon. The Charmander is for some reason very cool and calm, a behavior deemed by the professor to be out the ordinary. It walks around with a air of self-entitlement and while obeying orders, will usually taunt or scoff of at his opponents. Crimson and Gideon gets along well but Violet seems to be in a lonely contest for Gideon's affection and sees him as her rival.​

Last edited:

Yamagi Sosuke

Hope & Ambition
    Years
  • Done and done ^^

I ended up being unable to keep myself from nabbing a Charmander. Gosh darn me and my addiction. Anyway, Gideon is up and ready for review.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Done and done ^^

I ended up being unable to keep myself from nabbing a Charmander. Gosh darn me and my addiction. Anyway, Gideon is up and ready for review.
    Suddenly Charmander is the most common pokémon... Okay then, if you really want it I guess I can't stop you :p

It looks good, only thing I thought about is that the only main interest you state for him is that he wants to become the best pokémon trainer. And you mention quickly that he likes "taking pictures". Would you like to expand on this second interest and perhaps consider if he has or has had any more interests before this obsession with becoming a trainer came? If not, then okay haha. Maybe he really is that focused on one thing.

EDIT: Mount Moon chapter is up! http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=8537608#post8537608

Last edited:

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    Ill make my character catch a pokemon if i want...

Yamagi Sosuke

Hope & Ambition
    Years
  • Suddenly Charmander is the most common pokémon... Okay then, if you really want it I guess I can't stop you :p

It looks good, only thing I thought about is that the only main interest you state for him is that he wants to become the best pokémon trainer. And you mention quickly that he likes "taking pictures". Would you like to expand on this second interest and perhaps consider if he has or has had any more interests before this obsession with becoming a trainer came? If not, then okay haha. Maybe he really is that focused on one thing.

I have no idea why but I'm coming up blank for more interests. I can only assume that the fragment of my mind that created the small event in his life that's molded him has left little room for anything other than wanting to become the best. Maybe something will come up in IC.

And Charmander is epic. Compared to the rest of the region, what's four or five characters with the same Pokemon? ^^

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Ill make my character catch a pokemon if i want...
    That sounds about right.

I have no idea why but I'm coming up blank for more interests. I can only assume that the fragment of my mind that created the small event in his life that's molded him has left little room for anything other than wanting to become the best. Maybe something will come up in IC.

And Charmander is epic. Compared to the rest of the region, what's four or five characters with the same Pokemon? ^^
    Okay then. Welcome to the RP, you are accepted! You may start playing in Pewter City or Viridian Forest whenever you like.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
    Years
  • Yipee! Now that Mt. Moon's finally unlocked, all that's left is to get Danica's butt there to get some rocky stuff! I've passed all my finals so the post about her entering Route 3 should be up within the next few days.

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023
    Okay I posted :) Damien is at the Pokémon Centre, which I'm assuming there is still one near Mt. Moon. He needs a rest 0.0 Poor guy has been in a hurry all day!

Back