• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Beginner's Mafia - Game Over~

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Mafia 103: Basics, A Fool's Errand
    Beginner's Mafia

GMs: Mana and Zehn

New to mafia games and interested in playing a short, simple game without all those crazy characters and roles? Wanna learn some basic mechanics? This is the game for you!

If you'd like to get acquainted with some of our tips and tricks, check out Gunner's Guide here. It gives a great breakdown of how to play mafia games. Credit to user Muskratte on EpicMafia.com for the awesome role icons.

This short beginner's game will introduce you to some of the basic roles in a mafia game utilizing the simple mechanics of Epic Mafia, an online version of mafia that is popular here in the Underground. This game is intended for very new players, either brand new or still adjusting! I will admit experienced players into the game to fill slots if we reach a point where it's necessary, but otherwise come on new snails!

There's no plot and no frills. Just good ol' backstabby fun.

ROLES
    These are the roles for the game. You will receive a Private Message after Sign-Ups close which tells you what role you are. You do not have to share your role, and you may lie about your role during the game. Normally, people do not reveal their role publicly until they have information or need to defend themselves!

Villager x ?
    Sided with the village, the basic vanilla role. Wins if all mafia are eliminated.

Doctor x1
    Sided with the village, visits one person each night and protects them from death. Wins if all mafia are eliminated.

Cop x1
    Sided with the village, visits one person each night and learns their alignment (Village/Mafia/Third Party). Wins if all mafia are eliminated.

Vigilante x1
    Sided with the village, visits one person each night and kills them. If the mafia pick the same kill target the vigilante dies. Wins if all mafia are eliminated.

Fool x1
    Can visit another player at night, however this visit does nothing. Achieves a solo victory if lynched, but otherwise wins if all mafia are eliminated.

Mafia x?
    Sided with the mafia, the basic mafia role. Wins if mafia outnumber village.

Hooker x1
    Sided with the mafia, visits one person each night and roleblocks them (stop their night action). Wins if mafia outnumber village.

Lookout x1
    Sided with the mafia, visits one person each night and finds out who else visits that person. Wins if mafia outnumber village.

RULES
    • All PokéCommunity rules apply here.
    • To vote for a player, simply post "[KILL] Username". This is standard practice in the Underground for votes. You may change your vote any time up until the end of a phase.
    • Phases will last 24h/24h in this game, so be advised of that.
    • Keep game discussion in this thread or in chats designated for the game.
    • Once you are dead you may have one 'death post' - you cannot reveal any information in this, even your own identity or things which are "obvious".

PLAYERS
    Looking for 10-15 players, we'll see how many we can muster up :). Post below if you'd like to join.
    1. Michelaar
    2. Lize
    3. Machomuu
    4. jappo
    5. Giggleswee
    6. BOOMchika
    7. DyingWillFlareon
    8. killer150
    9. Omega
    10. drewbie411
    11. Utopian
    12. apart
    13. Rainbow
    14. TheSignWriter

Last edited by a moderator:

Alex Kaz

#freecoffee
    Years
  • I won't play, but I'd like to see how people will do, and I have email subscription enabled so I'm posting to keep track of the game xD

L'Belle

I am beauty!
    Years
  • I'll join! While I may have done a lot of games on a dutch forum, I haven't done much of the english variant. The dutch variant is called: Werewolves of Millor Hollow. This may ring a bell with some people, as this is a card game. However, I play the online version with a lot of different roles, more than the card game.

But yeah, I'm in

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years

• Spoiler:

Same here, tho.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Just a side note to any prospective joiners - this is mostly aimed at people who have not played mafia on PC before (other forums can be vastly different :c), have played but aren't secure yet or have no experience of playing mafia at all. Anyone who views themselves as a 'Beginner' to this area is welcome to join :).

I'll join! While I may have done a lot of games on a dutch forum, I haven't done much of the english variant. The dutch variant is called: Werewolves of Millor Hollow. This may ring a bell with some people, as this is a card game. However, I play the online version with a lot of different roles, more than the card game.

But yeah, I'm in

o/

jappo

[b]Thank you for being you![/b]
    Years
  • Im in, played the game outside, but are currently struggling with all the crazy roles on the PC underground games. (like transforming serial killers with anime-like second forms) :P

So I know the basics. is that okay? :)

Played the same game as Michelaar a lot IRL.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • If it's okay with you, Mana, I'd like to join. I'm still getting used to the PC style of play and am always looking for opportunities to improve my skills. I'd also like to play a Beginner's game where I survive PAST D1, thank you very little.
    I take full responsibility for that, that was my idea. :S

Ah, Beginners Mafia, takes me back. I'm a bit more experienced now so I'll sit this one out and let people junior to me have fun. the fools

Have fun guys! ^^

jappo

Years
  • on a sidenote. Isnt it more logical for the Lookout to be on the town side? Since the maffia will know who the doctor visited, if they wanted to kill someone, and he isnt dead. And the maffia knowing who the jester is wont benefit the game, since they then just basicly ignore him or kill him.

I know that in the basic game, the lookout is normally town.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    on a sidenote. Isnt it more logical for the Lookout to be on the town side? Since the maffia will know who the doctor visited, if they wanted to kill someone, and he isnt dead. And the maffia knowing who the jester is wont benefit the game, since they then just basicly ignore him or kill him.

I know that in the basic game, the lookout is normally town.

I think that's the Tracker role, whereas the Lookout is EpicMafia's mafia equivalent. It adds an interesting dimension as the mafia may not know if they have found the cop/doctor or the fool.

Killing the fool tends to work against the mafia, so they may have to think twice.

jappo

Years
  • I think that's the Tracker role, whereas the Lookout is EpicMafia's mafia equivalent. It adds an interesting dimension as the mafia may not know if they have found the cop/doctor or the fool.

Killing the fool tends to work against the mafia, so they may have to think twice.

Welp, killing the fool doesn work for anyone, but is anything, the fool is helpfull for the maffia. Since the fool wants to be lynched, it wil give take a lot of the heat for the maffia, and if a maffia is suspected, people can still think "maybe he is a fool, dont lynch him"

It is in the bst interest of the town to find out who the Fool is, so they can ignore him/her then.

Back