• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Beginner's Mafia - Game Over~

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
  • - Machomuu: for not voting Giggles, even thought her fate was kinda decided. I think my theorie/observation is not really strong about the sherrif, cause we are early in game, so a fake sherrif claim could be found out rather easy. Machomuu jumped on my text and (looked like in my eyes) wanted to use it to save Giggles.

Hm...that's fair. I definitely was trying to protect her. As nice as playing on suspicion is, Drewbie's claim pretty much lived and died on whether we believed it and nothing else. Though I should mention that that post started as a vote for Giggles. I added the last part (and the vote) in after realizing how late it was and how few people'd actually voted for her, so her fate'd yet to be completely sealed.

Well, that was, until memes. Though admittedly I got a good chuckle out of that.

Despite that, though, I'm gonna have to go ahead and say [VOTE]Omega, for that steel plated logic.

Last edited:

jappo

[b]Thank you for being you![/b]
    Years
  • Hm...that's fair. I definitely was trying to protect her. As nice as playing on suspicion is, Drewbie's claim pretty much lived and died on whether we believed it and nothing else. Though I should mention that that post started as a vote for Giggles. I added the last part (and the vote) in after realizing how late it was and how few people'd actually voted for her, so her fate'd yet to be completely sealed.

Well, that was, until memes. Though admittedly I got a good chuckle out of that.

Despite that, though, I'm gonna have to go ahead and say [VOTE]Omega, for that steel plated logic.

Thanks for answering normally instead of completely freaking out and accusing everyone that looks at you. Much easier to talk with someone this way. If there is something weird/suspicous about me, let me know as well.

Lize

Forever paired with [b]machomuu[/b]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Mar 25, 2023
    For now just going to go with the others.

[VOTE] Omega

Also, uhm, what about that double murder...?

Zehn

[color=red][font=Foto Serif]Sacred[/font][/color][
    Years
  • Night again
    Night 3
    24 Hours
    Omega was ended.

VS.

THE GRAVEYARD
    Hover for usernames and rolenames.

DURING THE NIGHT
    Don't post in the thread, send in your night actions.

DyingWillFlareon has been replaced by kendypls

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Another finished
    Day 4
    24 Hours
    Michelaar was dyslexic killed.

VS.

THE GRAVEYARD
    Hover for usernames and rolenames.

DURING THE Day
    It's getting to the point where lynching a mafia member is vital. Share your suspicions and point fingers! See how they react!​

jappo

Years
  • Omega is acting pretty weird soo..
    [Vote: Omega]

Good day, going passive for now.

Umm, I only said 4 words because... I don't know what else to say. :(

Good morning! Since we are losing quite a bit of good guys, we need to step it up with solid suspicions.
    I would like to start with 'forcing'/asking people who havent said much to tell me what they think

Apart, you voted for Machomuu, care to tell ushow you think about that now? would you do that again, or maybe not?
    Signal, your only contribution was: Vote Omega. Care to share some suspicions?

Aslo, some people I havent heard talking:
    - BOOMchika
    - Kendy ( he just joined, so thats alright)

What are your thoughts about the current situation? someone you find suspicous?

Ill post some of my suspicions in an few hours ( I hope) I have family over now ;)

Lize

Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Mar 25, 2023
    I don't know if I'm breaking the system or anything by this logic but...

Okay, so. We can assume that the mafia party all vote for 1 kill each night. The other kill would be coming from the Vigilante. We also know that there's 2 mafia left, who will have to keep up with their night actions and vote to not be replaced. With this logic, I'd point my finger at apart. They haven't been saying anything at all. Yet they haven't been replaced. This means that they kept sending in night actions, which would be either mafia or vigilante.

Using this logic I'll go with putting my suspicion on apart now.

But.. Honestly? I don't trust anyone. I want to point my fingers at anyone. We literally don't have any claimed roles right now. Besides third party. We'll need some claimed townies for accurate and trustworthy discussion and accusations, I'd say.

jappo

Years
  • I don't know if I'm breaking the system or anything by this logic but...

Okay, so. We can assume that the mafia party all vote for 1 kill each night. The other kill would be coming from the Vigilante. We also know that there's 2 mafia left, who will have to keep up with their night actions and vote to not be replaced. With this logic, I'd point my finger at apart. They haven't been saying anything at all. Yet they haven't been replaced. This means that they kept sending in night actions, which would be either mafia or vigilante.

Using this logic I'll go with putting my suspicion on apart now.

But.. Honestly? I don't trust anyone. I want to point my fingers at anyone. We literally don't have any claimed roles right now. Besides third party. We'll need some claimed townies for accurate and trustworthy discussion and accusations, I'd say.

Biggest problem in this situation is that there arent going to be any claimed roles anymore.

Only role that can be claimed is vigilante, but if he claims, then its the end of the town.

At this point, you can only go on your guts. I mean, you are the only certain role here Lize, so even I could be a bad guy.

So far, of the three I called out, 1 replied, Signwriter and Apart didnt answer yet. I am especially curious about apart, for his random vote on Macho yesterday. Ill most likely base my choice around the next few hours.
    Also curious about our replacement Kendy, so if he can tell us what he thinks of the town so far, could be nice!

I kinda missed the point where boomchika died. :O Will come back on that later.
    Will check on this town later.

TheSignWriter

Forever is an illusion.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2016
    So far, of the three I called out, 1 replied, Signwriter and Apart didnt answer yet.

Sorry I didn't notice you talked to me, since you called me signal cx
    But I voted him cause we have no other leads at all, sadly, due to the sheriff dying.

Lize

Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Mar 25, 2023
    Sorry I didn't notice you talked to me, since you called me signal cx
    But I voted him cause we have no other leads at all, sadly, due to the sheriff dying.

Well, with or without Sheriff, we need leads. The only way to get them now is by us talking. So, spill. Tell us. Do you have any claims? Any suspicion of your own?

apart

A bitter-sweet kiss
    Years
  • Ummm.
    To be super honest, I just randomly picked someone, I'm actually feeling pretty silly about it.
    ..Sorry if you expected some reasoning behind my vote. ;-;

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • While in a case like this I would normally go with what seems to be the best lead in a situation this dire, I'm gonna have to disagree about apart. Someone'll have to be the devil's advocate, after all. And if that puts suspicion on me...well. I was the one they voted for, after all.

This is a Beginner's Mafia, so there are some things that I expect certain people to do. Random voting is one, especially if they don't know that they can vote for no one. I'd not be surprised of apart didn't, especially considering they didn't vote on the day No-one received the most votes. Coupling this in with my thoughts that day, where I was briefly confused (before reading it) about whether we had to vote for someone or not because, since Darkest Dungeon was the only Mafia I'd ever really played and there attacking was obligatory (opting out came with a pretty hefty penalty).

I can't say that not voting is a particularly solid option, however. If day 3 was any indication, the vigilante has the potential to be as much of a detriment to us as the mafia. I'm going to assume that they realized that randomly voting for people wasn't the best choice, and that's why only one person died today- though I do find it fairly odd that they only did it on night 2 and didn't go for it the night before, considering killer really didn't do or say anything incriminating other than...ask a question. Point is, max, 2 people will die tonight. Assuming we kill somebody today, that's 3 over the course of an in-game 24 hours.

Speaking of killer, I thought his last words were cryptic and in reference to apart, but considering he was town I don't know if that's possible. Still standing by my assertion.

Ah, actually, this all reminds me. Lize, her role being known, is definitely in danger, and the vigilante's just about the only person who can save her assuming she's targeted. Well, them or votes. After all, considering she's the Fool, she's probably the most important piece we have. Especially as we dwindle in number. I won't recommend the vigilante using their ability on her in an attempt to block a kill, though. Certainly not if we vote someone today, the risk of the max toll being reached in that scenario is pretty high. But it is worth keeping in mind, as taking this into account, we could minimize the deaths today to either 1 (with the death of the vigilante only, at night) or 2 (with the death of 2 non-vigilantes, hopefully a mafia member being among them). The former scenario is semi-ideal (only in that there'd be minimal deaths- losing the vigilante could potentially be quite the hit to the town's speed and the endgame, plus no progress'd be made- so not exactly great), the latter has a hire chance of flubbing but is possible and would hopefully cripple the mafia, putting them in dire straits.

God I hope this is coherent, I've been writing this for the past hour at 2-3 in the morning. Work today's gonna be fuuuuun.

Well, assuming I'm not on by the time the day ends, I'll go [VOTE] No-One and edit it if something comes up or we decide on something.

Lize

Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Mar 25, 2023
    Well, to me being in danger, I accept that. After all I'm pretty much I suppose the only trustworthy one right now, with my role being out there. I don't really mind dying for it, if only we could at least get a bit of result. Right now, we're not having much results though, which is a bummer.

I'd say finding at least one mafia is really important right now. We are definitely going to lose another town upcoming night, there's quite a risk that we'd lose a second one if the vigilante pulls the trigger to quick, and also the risk of lynching a townie if we do end up voting someone. This all makes everything extremely dangerous. Although the risk of lynching a townie, I'd say it's very important that we do pick someone out this day, as our numbers are decreasing and the only role we have to give the mafia a set back is the vigilante.

Oh, yeah, don't save me vigilante, it's not worth it. Town basically needs you at this point.

For the people claiming to have no information because of the sheriff dying, please come up with at least some discussion. Just being silent is also going to kill us. So unless you're mafia and it's your goal to, I'd say at least trying to discuss would already take some suspicion off of you.

I do agree with you about this being a beginner mafia and people not being sure about not voting, so I can see apart's innocence in that, but that doesn't mean they can remain quiet. Everyone being quiet can be mafia. Hell, even Jappo could be mafia, but at least we're running a discussion trying to figure it out. The silent people could literally be potential mafia seeing as they can't really claim not to be one.

Actually, macho, why am I trusting you so much? Jappo, why am I trusting you so much? I mean, I suppose I don't really have any other option.. But at least lets get to a vote. I don't know if I want this day to end without a vote. We better hurry.

jappo

Years
  • While in a case like this I would normally go with what seems to be the best lead in a situation this dire, I'm gonna have to disagree about apart. Someone'll have to be the devil's advocate, after all. And if that puts suspicion on me...well. I was the one they voted for, after all.

This is a Beginner's Mafia, so there are some things that I expect certain people to do. Random voting is one, especially if they don't know that they can vote for no one. I'd not be surprised of apart didn't, especially considering they didn't vote on the day No-one received the most votes. Coupling this in with my thoughts that day, where I was briefly confused (before reading it) about whether we had to vote for someone or not because, since Darkest Dungeon was the only Mafia I'd ever really played and there attacking was obligatory (opting out came with a pretty hefty penalty).

I can't say that not voting is a particularly solid option, however. If day 3 was any indication, the vigilante has the potential to be as much of a detriment to us as the mafia. I'm going to assume that they realized that randomly voting for people wasn't the best choice, and that's why only one person died today- though I do find it fairly odd that they only did it on night 2 and didn't go for it the night before, considering killer really didn't do or say anything incriminating other than...ask a question. Point is, max, 2 people will die tonight. Assuming we kill somebody today, that's 3 over the course of an in-game 24 hours.

Speaking of killer, I thought his last words were cryptic and in reference to apart, but considering he was town I don't know if that's possible. Still standing by my assertion.

Ah, actually, this all reminds me. Lize, her role being known, is definitely in danger, and the vigilante's just about the only person who can save her assuming she's targeted. Well, them or votes. After all, considering she's the Fool, she's probably the most important piece we have. Especially as we dwindle in number. I won't recommend the vigilante using their ability on her in an attempt to block a kill, though. Certainly not if we vote someone today, the risk of the max toll being reached in that scenario is pretty high. But it is worth keeping in mind, as taking this into account, we could minimize the deaths today to either 1 (with the death of the vigilante only, at night) or 2 (with the death of 2 non-vigilantes, hopefully a mafia member being among them). The former scenario is semi-ideal (only in that there'd be minimal deaths- losing the vigilante could potentially be quite the hit to the town's speed and the endgame, plus no progress'd be made- so not exactly great), the latter has a hire chance of flubbing but is possible and would hopefully cripple the mafia, putting them in dire straits.

God I hope this is coherent, I've been writing this for the past hour at 2-3 in the morning. Work today's gonna be fuuuuun.

Well, assuming I'm not on by the time the day ends, I'll go [VOTE] No-One and edit it if something comes up or we decide on something.
    -----------------------

While I aggree on you on your reasoning on Apart, I dont quite aggree on the part about not voting. Considering your town as well, The only power we have that can make a difference is by voting. I do aggree that some solid reasoning needs to be behind this, but how people behave is always a reason you can use. Even if someone is new.

While we could minimize the deaths today to one, It will be a guaranteed town death. honestly a bit weird reasoning, like we give up on our chance to kill maffia, and let them just kill one of us. What kind of weird reasoning is that??????
    Macho until this post I was sure you werent bad, Why are you making me confused? Why would a town give up on its only chance to kill Maffia (besides Vigilante)

--------------------
    Well, to me being in danger, I accept that. After all I'm pretty much I suppose the only trustworthy one right now, with my role being out there. I don't really mind dying for it, if only we could at least get a bit of result. Right now, we're not having much results though, which is a bummer.

I'd say finding at least one mafia is really important right now. We are definitely going to lose another town upcoming night, there's quite a risk that we'd lose a second one if the vigilante pulls the trigger to quick, and also the risk of lynching a townie if we do end up voting someone. This all makes everything extremely dangerous. Although the risk of lynching a townie, I'd say it's very important that we do pick someone out this day, as our numbers are decreasing and the only role we have to give the mafia a set back is the vigilante.

Oh, yeah, don't save me vigilante, it's not worth it. Town basically needs you at this point.

For the people claiming to have no information because of the sheriff dying, please come up with at least some discussion. Just being silent is also going to kill us. So unless you're mafia and it's your goal to, I'd say at least trying to discuss would already take some suspicion off of you.

I do agree with you about this being a beginner mafia and people not being sure about not voting, so I can see apart's innocence in that, but that doesn't mean they can remain quiet. Everyone being quiet can be mafia. Hell, even Jappo could be mafia, but at least we're running a discussion trying to figure it out. The silent people could literally be potential mafia seeing as they can't really claim not to be one.

Actually, macho, why am I trusting you so much? Jappo, why am I trusting you so much? I mean, I suppose I don't really have any other option.. But at least lets get to a vote. I don't know if I want this day to end without a vote. We better hurry.
    -------------------
    Thats because we are the ones talking the most, thats gives a sense of trust.

----------------------------------
    I cant believe I am doing this, but until Macho explains his last behavior, of giving up the towns chance to kill maffia (besides vigilante)
    I
    Will
    vote
    [Lynch: Machomuu]

Lize

Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Mar 25, 2023
    I dont quite aggree on the part about not voting.

I cant believe I am doing this, but until Macho explains his last behavior, of giving up the towns chance to kill maffia (besides vigilante)
    I
    Will
    vote
    [Lynch: Machomuu]

and edit it if something comes up or we decide on something.

Don't forget about this, this is quite an important detail you've missed. Also the reason why I don't want to call a vote yet, because we better come up with a name first.

jappo

Years
  • Don't forget about this, this is quite an important detail you've missed. Also the reason why I don't want to call a vote yet, because we better come up with a name first.

Sure, But it sounds like He wants to bring the idea of not voting into the group, and that is a real weird idea in my eyes.
    If he can explain himself, ill revoke my vote, but after reading that, all my alarm bells went of.

Other thing is that a lot of people are being silent, and If we make a analyses, we do have a problem. Since you are proven innocent, and I am openly accusing Macho, Chances are (in a normal game / if I dont screw up) that one of us might be maffia.
    There are still 2 maffia in the game, so 1 of them might not be in the picture yet. I would like other people to answer what they think about me accusing Macho. Do they aggree, do they think im suspicous for suddenly accusing him. Talk about it. town cant win if no one is talking.

Back