• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Beings of power (Dragon Pokemon fan club)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokemount

Hello
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 27, 2013
1. Username/nickname? Pokemount/Brendan
2. Favorite trainer class? Ace Trainer Male from Heartgold/Soulsilver.
3. Of the Pokemon in the Dragon list below, which is your favorite? Garchomp
4.Why do you want to join? Dragon is probably one of my favorite types.
5. Answer the current topic! I don't think Onix/Steelix should be dragon type. Even though they can learn dragon mvoes, they are more related to snakes than a dragon.

kirou12

Trainer?
Years
Username/nickname? kirou12

Favorite trainer class? Pokemon Trainer Red Heart Gold/Soul Silver
Of the Pokemon in the Dragon list below, which is your favorite? Charizard
Why do you want to join? I want to join because I like dragon type Pokemon and I want to learn from the others who likes dragon type too.
Do you think Onix & Steelix should count as Dragons?
For my opinion No, because in the Pokedex Onix and Steelix are classified as snakes, and for there design it really can't be a dragon because they don't have the awesomeness of the dragon designs. (Just saying).

Which is your favorite dragon and why? My favorite dragon... let's see. It was Salamance because of it's awesome design and he is somewhat powerful, and he is one of my dream team.

LegendaryDragonTrainer

Giygogagohgwooh!
Years
Hello guys!

Hey there, I'd really like to join your club!

1. Username/Nickname: LegendaryDragonTrainer / Jay
2. Favorite trainer class: G-Cis, 5. Generation (Pokémon Black 2 and White 2)
3. Of the Pokemon in the Dragon list below, which is your favorite: Giratina, but since I can't use it, Haxorus or Hydreigon would be fine too.
4.Why do you want to join: Dragon Pokémon are the best ones and I like the Idea of this Club very much.
5. Answer the current topic: No, Onix and Steelix should definitely not be dragon Pokemon. Although I like them both quite a lot, it wouldn't fit them.

Oh and by the way, Dragonair is missing in the list ;)

Last edited:

Blaze the Cat

Life hurts, and so do I
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 19, 2014
i think onix and steelix should be added to the club list, they can learn dragon moves and if you can easily mistake it for a dragon since they resemble a dragon
Your point is definitely valid.
Yeah. I totally agree with you, too.

Hey guys! its been almost a month now since the last post. you should really be active. js :)
You're right, the activity isn't the best. I think it might be my fault.
The group seems pretty inactive, but what the hell. I'll join :)

1. Username/nickname? Andr3w/Andrew

2. Favorite trainer class? Cynthia from Black and White 2

3. Of the Pokemon in the Dragon list below, which is your favorite? My favorite dragon of all is Rayquaza. I love Asian culture, and Rayquaza represents a more traditional Asian representation of a dragon. Not to mention Rayquaza is just an all around boss. The animation where he calms down Kyogre and Groudon in Emerald blew my 8 year old mind when I first saw it! For non-legendary dragons, Haxorus has to be my favorite. It starts with Axew, a small, cute pokémon that packs a punch, and eventually evolves into, in my opinion, one the coolest/most badass dragon pokémon ever.

4.Why do you want to join? Well, I've always loved dragon type pokémon so this seems like a good place for me to be. In my eyes, dragon pokémon are the best.

5. Answer the current topic! Personally, I don't think Onix or Steelix should have the dragon typing. While they learn a few dragon type moves, they don't share a lot of the features that most dragons have. For example, neither of them have the fangs/claws that most dragons do. To me, they seem more like serpents than dragons. Granted, the Asian representation of a dragon is serpent-like, but again, it has fangs and/or claws and the ability to fly. In my opinion, Onix and Steelix don't fit the type.
Welcome to the club :) There seem to be many points valid on both sides of this debate.
1. Username/nickname? Pokemount/Brendan
2. Favorite trainer class? Ace Trainer Male from Heartgold/Soulsilver.
3. Of the Pokemon in the Dragon list below, which is your favorite? Garchomp
4.Why do you want to join? Dragon is probably one of my favorite types.
5. Answer the current topic! I don't think Onix/Steelix should be dragon type. Even though they can learn dragon mvoes, they are more related to snakes than a dragon.
Welcome.
Username/nickname? kirou12

Favorite trainer class? Pokemon Trainer Red Heart Gold/Soul Silver
Of the Pokemon in the Dragon list below, which is your favorite? Charizard
Why do you want to join? I want to join because I like dragon type Pokemon and I want to learn from the others who likes dragon type too.
Do you think Onix & Steelix should count as Dragons?
For my opinion No, because in the Pokedex Onix and Steelix are classified as snakes, and for there design it really can't be a dragon because they don't have the awesomeness of the dragon designs. (Just saying).

Which is your favorite dragon and why? My favorite dragon... let's see. It was Salamance because of it's awesome design and he is somewhat powerful, and he is one of my dream team.
Welcome.
Hey there, I'd really like to join your club!

1. Username/Nickname: LegendaryDragonTrainer / Jay
2. Favorite trainer class: G-Cis, 5. Generation (Pokémon Black 2 and White 2)
3. Of the Pokemon in the Dragon list below, which is your favorite: Giratina, but since I can't use it, Haxorus or Hydreigon would be fine too.
4.Why do you want to join: Dragon Pokémon are the best ones and I like the Idea of this Club very much.
5. Answer the current topic: No, Onix and Steelix should definitely not be dragon Pokemon. Although I like them both quite a lot, it wouldn't fit them.

Oh and by the way, Dragonair is missing in the list ;)
Welcome. I put you with Deino.
Dragonair isn't missing for me, I guess it didn't load properly for you.

I'm thinking we need userbars, club art and a new topic. Onix and Steelix have lost and will not be classified as dragons.
New topic: What do you think of the first dragon type move, Dragon Rage?

LegendaryDragonTrainer

Giygogagohgwooh!
Years
Although Dragon Rage is pretty useful at the very beginning, when Pokémon have only a few HP, I don't like the attack very much because later on, it's going to be pretty hard to defeat any Pokémon with it unless it's another Dragon Type. On the other hand, it has of course the advantage that you just can't do less than 40 HP damage, so Pokémon with a high Def. status can although be defeated after some time.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
1. chuckleslucifer/chuckles

2. Whatever this is but I like it.
Spoiler:

3. Charmander

4. I like Dragon-Types

5. I like dragon rage since it was one of my main moves in the E4 against Drake

LegendaryDragonTrainer

Giygogagohgwooh!
Years
By the way I got a question for ya, which fits perfectly with Dratizard's idea of making club art: how do you like my current profile pic? I think I'll attach it to this message so that you can look at it in a good quality. And yes, I know that Giratina has actually only three pairs of "wings" and only three spikes on each side. This was just my idea some months ago how a "Mega Evolution" of Giratina could look like. And that was of course a long time before Nintendo published their "Mega Evolutions", so I called it "Neo Giratina" back then. I'd really like to hear some critique from you!

Blaze the Cat

Life hurts, and so do I
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 19, 2014
1. chuckleslucifer/chuckles

2. Whatever this is but I like it.
Spoiler:

3. Charmander

4. I like Dragon-Types

5. I like dragon rage since it was one of my main moves in the E4 against Drake
Welcome to the club. That's actually from Pokestar Studios, it's used in one or more of the movies.
By the way I got a question for ya, which fits perfectly with Dratizard's idea of making club art: how do you like my current profile pic? I think I'll attach it to this message so that you can look at it in a good quality. And yes, I know that Giratina has actually only three pairs of "wings" and only three spikes on each side. This was just my idea some months ago how a "Mega Evolution" of Giratina could look like. And that was of course a long time before Nintendo published their "Mega Evolutions", so I called it "Neo Giratina" back then. I'd really like to hear some critique from you!
I like that Giratina. I think you should get about 5 points for providing the club with artwork. Also, if the other members agree I'm moving you to respected member.

LegendaryDragonTrainer

Giygogagohgwooh!
Years
Thanks, I think that'll be ok. I'm sorry but may I ask you what exactly "respected" means? And well if you'd like to I could even show you a dragon pkmn that I invented myself...

Blaze the Cat

Life hurts, and so do I
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 19, 2014
Thanks, I think that'll be ok. I'm sorry but may I ask you what exactly "respected" means? And well if you'd like to I could even show you a dragon pkmn that I invented myself...

I'm not exactly sure what I was going for with "respected member". Probably just an active member or one that has contributed to the club.
It would be cool to see your dragon.

LegendaryDragonTrainer

Giygogagohgwooh!
Years
Broxter

Broxter is a dragon-flying type PKMN, but it can also learn a large amount of powerful fire type attacks. Its skin is said to be as hot as the sun's surface, but that has never been proven because no one ever dared touching it. When a Broxter moves on the ground, it walks on the spikes at the ends of its six wings. At a hight of 20-50 meters, it can glide trough the air for multiple kilometers without even flapping its wings.
Broxter has two pre-evolutions, maybe I'll upload artworks for them too if you'd like me to.
Please leave some critique ;)

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Username: CloysterOyster
Favorite trainer class: Clair of Blackthorn City
Favorite Dragon-type: Dragonite
Why I am joining: Dragons are awesome. They resist most types and are very powerful. They can take and dish out alot of punishment.
Current topic: Dragon Rage is one of those "luck" moves, where you can either deal alot of damage or not much at all. My Gyarados always had that move when I would raise Gyarados.

I would also like to add my Dragon-type team if that's ok with the club owner.

149.png

Dragonite @ Dragon Fang
Ability: Multiscale

-Hyper Beam
-Wing Attack
-Outrage
-Dragon Tail

612.png

Haxorus @ Draco Plate
Ability: Rivalry

-Dragon Claw
-Outrage
-Giga Impact
-Dual Chop

487.png

Giratina @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Telepathy

-Shadow Force
-Shadow Claw
-Dragon Claw
-Draco Meteor

373.png

Salamence @ Dragon Fang
Ability: Intimidate

-DragonBreath
-Dragon Pulse
-Dragon Claw
-Fly

643.png

Reshiram @ Flame Plate
Ability: Turboblaze

-Blue Flare
-Fusion Flare
-Outrage
-Hyper Voice

644.png

Zekrom @ Zap Plate
Ability: Teravolt

-Bolt Strike
-Outrage
-Dragon Claw
-Fusion Bolt

Last edited:

Lycanroc

under the sun
Years
Username: GoldenRayquaza
Favorite Trainer Class: N (B2/W2 sprite)
Favorite Dragon-type: Flygon
Why I am joining: I'm doing a Ultimate Dragon Monotype Challenge for a reason. They're just pure awesome. They are true beings of power and should never be taken lightly. You see me send out one of my majestic dragons, watch out. I can bring you down with these epic fighters.
Current Topic: Early on in the game, Dragon Rage really helps. It can serve out a large dish of damage near the beginning. But by the 4th gym, you'll want it replaced. 40 damage just wont be enough anymore. So, really, it depends. This would probably be your best bet against a Shuckle, but that's really the only use it has after the halfway mark. So really, it depends.

kosuke

Extraterrestrial DNA
Years
@LegendaryDragonTrainer, great artworks! I really love how you colored the Giratina one...but I don't quite like the other one. Well, i'm talking about the color of course.
Well, as for the drawing...it is good, and you've got really great potential. Strive hard to make it more beautiful :)

LegendaryDragonTrainer

Giygogagohgwooh!
Years
Artworks

@LegendaryDragonTrainer, great artworks! I really love how you colored the Giratina one...but I don't quite like the other one. Well, i'm talking about the color of course.
Well, as for the drawing...it is good, and you've got really great potential. Strive hard to make it more beautiful :)

Well I see your point. The thing is that I colored girarina on the pc and edited it with an app afterwards. The other one was edited in the same way, but I did the coloring by hand- that's why it may look a bit more unprofessional. Hope I got what you meant.
Thanks for the critique anyway, pleased that you like it ;)

Blaze the Cat

Life hurts, and so do I
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 19, 2014
Broxter is a dragon-flying type PKMN, but it can also learn a large amount of powerful fire type attacks. Its skin is said to be as hot as the sun's surface, but that has never been proven because no one ever dared touching it. When a Broxter moves on the ground, it walks on the spikes at the ends of its six wings. At a hight of 20-50 meters, it can glide trough the air for multiple kilometers without even flapping its wings.
Broxter has two pre-evolutions, maybe I'll upload artworks for them too if you'd like me to.
Please leave some critique ;)
It's cool. I don't know enough about this kind of thing to say more.
Username: CloysterOyster
Favorite trainer class: Clair of Blackthorn City
Favorite Dragon-type: Dragonite
Why I am joining: Dragons are awesome. They resist most types and are very powerful. They can take and dish out alot of punishment.
Current topic: Dragon Rage is one of those "luck" moves, where you can either deal alot of damage or not much at all. My Gyarados always had that move when I would raise Gyarados.

I would also like to add my Dragon-type team if that's ok with the club owner.

149.png

Dragonite @ Dragon Fang

-Hyper Beam
-Wing Attack
-Outrage
-Dragon Rush

612.png

Haxorus @ Draco Plate

-Dragon Claw
-Dragon Pulse
-Giga Impact
-Dragon Dance

487.png

Giratina @ Draco Plate

-Shadow Force
-Hex
-Aura Sphere
-Dragon Pulse

384.png

Rayquaza @ Draco Plate

-Dragon Pulse
-Hyper Beam
-Outrage
-Fly

643.png

Reshiram @ Dragon Gem

-Blue Flare
-Fusion Flare
-Outrage
-Dragon Rage

644.png

Zekrom @ Draco Plate

-Bolt Strike
-Thunder
-Dragon Claw
-Fusion Bolt
Welcome to the club! I have no idea what you mean by adding your team. The species are already part of the club.
Username: GoldenRayquaza
Favorite Trainer Class: N (B2/W2 sprite)
Favorite Dragon-type: Flygon
Why I am joining: I'm doing a Ultimate Dragon Monotype Challenge for a reason. They're just pure awesome. They are true beings of power and should never be taken lightly. You see me send out one of my majestic dragons, watch out. I can bring you down with these epic fighters.
Current Topic: Early on in the game, Dragon Rage really helps. It can serve out a large dish of damage near the beginning. But by the 4th gym, you'll want it replaced. 40 damage just wont be enough anymore. So, really, it depends. This would probably be your best bet against a Shuckle, but that's really the only use it has after the halfway mark. So really, it depends.

Welcome. I think you might be cheating the monotype challenge by using dragon types.

Lycanroc

under the sun
Years
Welcome. I think you might be cheating the monotype challenge by using dragon types.

That's what I thought when I started. Then I met Red's Snorlax. THE DARN THING KNOWS BLIZZARD! I wish I had remembered that from my first playthrough.

By the way, I might make some userbars for us.

kosuke

Extraterrestrial DNA
Years
Well I see your point. The thing is that I colored girarina on the pc and edited it with an app afterwards. The other one was edited in the same way, but I did the coloring by hand- that's why it may look a bit more unprofessional. Hope I got what you meant.
Thanks for the critique anyway, pleased that you like it ;)

Oh, hahaha, that's what i thought so. Yeah, and good artwork, really... and we surely woud like to see his pre-evolutions. :)

Blaze the Cat

Life hurts, and so do I
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 19, 2014
That's what I thought when I started. Then I met Red's Snorlax. THE DARN THING KNOWS BLIZZARD! I wish I had remembered that from my first playthrough.

By the way, I might make some userbars for us.

So you're doing a Johto game. I really liked HG/SS.
And userbars would be awesome.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
It's a shame that won't be the case in X&Y with all the Fairy-types showing up! What would you even use for a Dragon monotype challenge? There are so few Dragon-types that you can find early on, especially in a region like Johto - I can't help but wonder what your team would end up being haha. Dratini's a certainty at least :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back