• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Beings of power (Dragon Pokemon fan club)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegendaryDragonTrainer

Giygogagohgwooh!
Years
By the way am I the only one who thinks that the fairy type is totally nonsense and stupid? sorry if you don't think so, It's just my oppinion... but isn't it just unnecessary?

Blaze the Cat

Life hurts, and so do I
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 19, 2014
It's a shame that won't be the case in X&Y with all the Fairy-types showing up! What would you even use for a Dragon monotype challenge? There are so few Dragon-types that you can find early on, especially in a region like Johto - I can't help but wonder what your team would end up being haha. Dratini's a certainty at least :p

By the way am I the only one who thinks that the fairy type is totally nonsense and stupid? sorry if you don't think so, It's just my oppinion... but isn't it just unnecessary?
I dislike the Fairy type, only because they beat Dragon. They're also so common, the Dragons won't catch a break.

Lycanroc

under the sun
Years
I dislike the Fairy type, only because they beat Dragon. They're also so common, the Dragons won't catch a break.

I hate to agree. If there's a Fairy-type E4 member or Gym Leader, I'm gonna flip. Dragon moves cant even damage them, and... *shudder* I don't want to think about it. Even worse, the chances of that happening are pretty high.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I think Dragon-types certainly did need to be nerfed a tad because despite being great and a lot of fun to use they really did dominate the meta game and make it a tad less fun, but I think having such a strong anti-Dragon force is... ridiculous haha. Being super effective against them is one thing, but being immune to them too? That's just ridiculous, Dragons will fall a lot because of the Fairy-type and that's a huge shame. :(

kosuke

Extraterrestrial DNA
Years
I really don't like the idea of Fairy-types. Mainly because i think being fairy cannot be considered a type...and secondly, because Dragons don't stand a chance against them...and I really don't know why dragons are weak to fairies... :3

Lycanroc

under the sun
Years
I think they just want to make dragons have lots of weaknesses. But if they make new types to do it, I don't see why it would be Fairy. They should try to make it make sense. I'm trying to male sense of this and failing.

LegendaryDragonTrainer

Giygogagohgwooh!
Years
I think they just want to make dragons have lots of weaknesses. But if they make new types to do it, I don't see why it would be Fairy. They should try to make it make sense. I'm trying to male sense of this and failing.
Agree! But I lately came up with the thought that they're doing this because they want more girls to buy the game... Don't you think that could be a reason for the new type too?

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
1. Username/nickname: Wicked3DS/Alex

2. Favorite trainer class: Lance HG/SS

3. Favorite Dragon: Garchomp, it's powerful and it looks tough too.

4. Why I want to join: I love many of the Dragon-types.

5. Answer the current topic: Dragon Rage was always a weird one for me. It was always depicted as ridiculously powerful in the anime, but isn't that great in the games. It just never made sense to me and disappointed me that it wasn't stronger in the games.

BillyTheBumGamez

Keep calm and FUS RO DAH!
Years
Name: Btb
Fav Trainer Sprite: Red from HGSS
Fav Dragon Pkmn: Charizard (He was my first ever to)
Why I want to Join: I've always found Dragon Pkmn and moves rare but to overpowered!

Dragon Rage? That move was so helpful when I trained my Gible on diamond! 100% 40 damage? Awsome!!

Btw I have Btb as my nickname because me and a friend share this account.

Years
  • Seen Mar 26, 2014
Username: Dark-Ghost
Trainer Class: Hilbert\Black
Favorite Dragon:Rayquaza
Why do I want to join: Because I love dragon types, and this is by far the best club I've seen.
What do you think of Dragon Rage?: My Rayquaza on my competitive team has it, and I think it's a somewhat O.P.

Years
1. Username/nickname?
Cirno, but you can call me Janna as it's my real name~

2. Favorite trainer class? Lady from B/W and B/W2.
Spr_B2W2_Lady.png

3. Of the Pokemon in the Dragon list below, which is your favorite?
Altaria! So cute and fluffy.

4. Why do you want to join?
I was impressed with the effort put into this club, plus it was a bit surprising that I hadn't already joined. I love a lot of dragon types, especially those introduced in the third generation like Altaria, Flygon, and Salamence, so I'd like to involve myself in this club.

Which is your favorite dragon and why?
I'll always adore Salamence due to his awesome design and cry. It was so exciting for me as a kid to finally catch that Bagon and evolve it into its final form! Training the little guy was hard but it was so worth it.

BillyTheBumGamez

Years
I'll always adore Salamence due to his awesome design and cry. It was so exciting for me as a kid to finally catch that Bagon and evolve it into its final form! Training the little guy was hard but it was so worth it.

Ya know Janna I have to agree I also found Salamence awsome with his awsome cry and such but true I always hated how long/hard it was to get him there. And now I gota do the same thing for my Gible. O__O

Years
Ya know Janna I have to agree I also found Salamence awsome with his awsome cry and such but true I always hated how long/hard it was to get him there. And now I gota do the same thing for my Gible. O__O

Totally! His cry was amaaazing. But training the darn thing was a huge pain since a lot of dragons had that really slow growth rate.. but it was worth it. Not sure how hard training them is in fifth generation games and beyond since the experience system was revamped, though (or are you training your Gible in fourth gen?). But I had so many tiring yet great memories training Bagon. <3

Blaze the Cat

Life hurts, and so do I
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 19, 2014
Welcome members who joined on the previous page. Sorry I can't quote you.
1. Username/nickname?
Cirno, but you can call me Janna as it's my real name~
2. Favorite trainer class? Lady from B/W and B/W2.
Spr_B2W2_Lady.png

3. Of the Pokemon in the Dragon list below, which is your favorite?
Altaria! So cute and fluffy.

I was impressed with the effort put into this club, plus it was a bit surprising that I hadn't already joined. I love a lot of dragon types, especially those introduced in the third generation like Altaria, Flygon, and Salamence, so I'd like to involve myself in this club.

Which is your favorite dragon and why?
Welcome. Salamence is really cool, and it's other forms are good.

1. Username/nickname?
- Rilence.

2. Favorite trainer class? (Include generation and gender, because the sprite will be added to the members list. Only trainers from the official games will count, so if you pick one from a hack/ fanmade game, you will be temporarily displayed as an egg).
- Subway Boss.
Spr_B2W2_Ingo.png

3. Of the Pokemon in the Dragon list below, which is your favorite? (It's base form will be placed next to the trainer sprite, as your partner. It will be able to evolve and you will be able to eventually get a full party of dragons, as you gain points, explained in the Games section below).
-
487-origin.gif

Giratina.

- My most favourite Pokemon type is Dragon, and I actually created ample Dragon teams so I can run through the Elite 4s with pure Dragon type!

5. Which is your favorite dragon and why?
- I've always been a huge fan of Giratina since it's release and more so when the Origin form is revealed. I like his wings and how he has his own world!

Welcome. Sorry, I can't let you have Giratina. I should have put that in the rules or something, you can't start with a legendary. You can gather points to get it, though, I'll give you... whatever many points you need to catch a Pokemon. I'll do that with the other people who did this as well.

Both you guys, I noticed you answered the previous topic. Is the front post not clear, or is there something I need to fix?

I've patched up the points system, catching Pokemon was way too expensive. I've also given points regarding starting Pokemon. Those who chose pseudo-legendaries get no points, as they were spent on the starting Pokemon. Those who chose normal Pokemon had 10 leftover, and those that chose legendaries get 30 points but no Pokemon. Doing some more fixing now.

Last edited:

BillyTheBumGamez

Years
Totally! His cry was amaaazing. But training the darn thing was a huge pain since a lot of dragons had that really slow growth rate.. but it was worth it. Not sure how hard training them is in fifth generation games and beyond since the experience system was revamped, though (or are you training your Gible in fourth gen?). But I had so many tiring yet great memories training Bagon. <3

Yeah my Gible is in 4th Gen (still a huge pain...) but in one run of the E4 with a Xp-Share he went from Lv. 17-30 somthing. (it was pretty strange but awsome!)

Andrew Shard

Shards of Fury
Years
Hello Everybody!

1. Username/nickname: Andrew Shard
2. Favorite trainer class? Steven - the pokemon RS champion (male) I would like the BW sprite in PWT
3. Of the Pokemon in the Dragon list below, which is your favorite? My favorite is Salamence of course (bagon)

4.Why do you want to join? Dragon is between one of my favorite types and Salamence is my favorite pokemon. I do love the big red wings and the blazzing speed as well as the huge power it as. Dragon types are mitical and that's why they interest me so much.

5. Answer the current topic! Dragon Rage is a very efficient move when it comes to training dragons from the start. For example: Ev training level 1 pokemon isn't easy but a dragon rage gible would take care of that. Also it comes handy when facing defensive pokemon or in finishing with 40 HP.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 17, 2014
Nice group. I know my username is "ChristheDragonTypeSlayer" but I really like dragon types, they're supereffective against dragon types and have few weaknesses.

Username/nickname? Chris should do.

2. Favorite trainer class? Koga, gen 4, male.
Sorry, I can't post links yet, I've only posted 3 times. :(

3. Of the Pokemon in the Dragon list below, which is your favorite? Altaria, I have one in my Black party from my gen 4 games. I raised it from a Swablu.

4.Why do you want to join? I like dragon types a lot despite my username, they are really good for battle. Also, this group is a very good idea in my opinion. I can see a lot of effort was put into it.

5. Answer the current topic!
I personally don't think they would count as dragons, I mean they're giant sentient rock snakes! Well, that does sound kind of like a dragon, but they don't look the title, that's for sure...

Last edited:

Fairy Tale~

Straight Outta Compton
Years
1 username .goatman4
2 favorite trainer ghetis
3 favorite dragon pokemon giratina
why i want to join i love giratina and all dragon pokemon to.

Fairy Tale~

Straight Outta Compton
Years
i had a red gyradose in the game it had dragon rage okay move at first but in the end not very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back