• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Best Veteran March/May 2011] A new professor in town - Kanto Adventure PG13

slls81

What does that even mean?
Years
  • There are currently no spots available

The story so far:
    Professor Maple is a bright young woman from Celadon City. Following her academic success and a grant from the Silph Company, Maple was able to achieve her dream of becoming a pokémon professor at a very young age. She initially conducted her experiments in her home town of Celadon, but found herself limited as, even with her grant, she simply couldn't afford to build a large lab due the high land prices in Celadon.

Unfortunately some of Maple's early papers came under some criticism; particularly from one Professor Oak, who claimed Professor Maple provided 'insufficient evidence to support her theories'. Following this, Professor Maple decided she would have to move away from Celadon in order to obtain a bigger lab and be able to conduct more extensive research.

After much thought, the young Professor decided to move to Pallet Town. Maple was still extremely bitter about Professor Oak's comments about her work, and wanted to prove her worth as a Professor to him. Maple also had another motive for choosing Pallet Town. Using her contacts at the Pokémon League, she had managed to obtain a licence to issue pokémon to beginner trainers in her new hometown of Pallet, putting her in direct competition with Professor Oak. Her aim was to make Oak eat his words by producing more successful trainers than he did.

After her initial attempts to go into direct competition with Oak and take the Town's 10 year olds failed, Maple decided to target slightly older trainers who had missed out on their initial opportunity to get a pokémon. Professor Oak did not take kindly to Professor Maple's attempts to steal his trainers, and relations between the two soured further.

Maple's first batch of trainers achieved considerable success, with four reaching the Kanto pokémon league tournament. Two even reached the final of the tournament, and battled for the title of pokémon league champion. Following the success of her trainers at the pokémon league, Maple had taken the two finalists out for an elaborate celebration dinner. The trainer's pokémon had been left at the lab with Maple's new assistant Robert. However, upon returning from the dinner, Robert and all of the lab's pokémon were nowhere to be seen. Police later reported that they believed Robert had stolen the pokémon with the intention of selling them on the growing Hoenn black market.

The police also reported that there was usually a six month to a year gap between pokémon being stolen, and their sale on the black market. With this information, Professor Maple sent her trainers to Hoenn with two goals in mind. Firstly, to locate the stolen pokémon, and attempt to retrieve them from either Team Magma or Team Aqua. Secondly, while they were in Hoenn, the trainers were to attempt to qualify for the region's annual pokémon league...

Rules:
    Don't worry there aren't many

-Sorry, but no legendaries will be allowed in this rpg
    -No bunnying of other peoples characters (unless you have their permission)
    -Stay Active! It's a very important part of an RPG, if you are going to be unable to post for a while, PM me, so I know why you aren't posting and won't kick you out. This is my first RP and I want it to keep going for as long as possible
    - If you are finding a rare item (i.e. a TM/hold item), you will need to consult with me prior to posting it to get my permission. I will usually give you the go ahead, unless I feel the item is overpowered.
    -Other than that just follow the basic forum rules and keep it pg13

That's all of them. Just follow these rules and this will run smoothly.

Name: Your characters name
    Appearance: Describe what your character looks like
    Personality: Describe your characters personality
    History: A brief history of your character (include why they didn't leave Pallet at 10)
    Starter Choice: Which starter pokémon would you like

also include an RP Sample if you would be so kind

Gameplay

I won't play in this RPG; I'm the Game Master of this RPG. I will play as certain NPCs, for example, I'll be Prof. Maple, and other special NPCs. I'll also set up the areas where you'll explore.

I will set up each area before you write your posts for that area. In that post I will specify which pokémon you will be able to catch, any events in the area etc. Also I make the decision if you catch the wild pokémon or not. Basically, you can fight the wild Pokemon, up until the point you throw the Pokéball. You will stop your post there and I will decide if you were successful or not depending on the quality of your post. Also, the better the quality of the battle post, the higher the level of the pokémon you catch. Happy RPing :)

Region One - Kanto

Completed!

Sasuneuchiha - Pokemon League Champion
    I Laugh At Your Misfortune - Pokemon League Runner Up

Region Two – Hoenn

In Progress

Current RPers:
    I Laugh At Your Misfortune
    Sasuneuchiha
    Zeph
    Nakuzami
    Romdinner
    Snow Phoenix
    dragonite149
    King!

The OOC thread is located here

Last edited:

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
  • Name: Warren Simmons

Appearance: Warren is short for his age, roughly five feet tall. He is also quite scrawny and as such, looks a bit younger than he is. He has black hair, though its cut so short that its impossible to tell. He has hard green eyes and a short upturned nose with a mouth that naturally curls into a sneer. His ears stick out a little and overall, he looks like a bit of a lout. Normally, he wears black tracksuit trousers and a white t-shirt as well as a dark green anorak. He also has a ratty pair of black shoes.

Personality: Warren is extremely obnoxious, loud mouthed and generally dislikable. He is, however, very insecure and cannot take critcism due to his humongous ego. He does have his good points however - Warren is very loyal to those few you earn his respect and is very determined, never giving up, even against overwhelming odds.

History: Warren has had a mostly uneventful life up until now, apart from several 'incidents' which include terrorising a Magikarp for being too weak and coaxing a group of wild Mudkip into flooding his own house. Most significantly, at age nine, he attempted to release a trio of starter pokemon 'because he was bored'. This crime earned him a ticket to Pokemon Tech Boarding school, courtesy of his parents. Though he originally stuck with it and found several friends, he eventually got expelled for 'accidently' setting off the sprinklers during a demonstration from guest speaker Brock on the strengths and weaknesses of the Rock type. Having finally given up on taming him, Warren's parents decided finally to send him on a Pokemon journey, saying it would either 'sort him out' or get him killed. Its unsure which they would prefer.

Starter Choice: Poliwag

RP sample:
    Spoiler:

slls81

Years
  • @alipeewee - accepted can't wait to see how Warren gets on with his naive poliwag.

@master123 - accepted just to let you know you can't write in script form like you seem to be in some of your other RP's. If this is a problem PM me.

Pikalover10

I'M BACK!
    Years
  • Name: Max

Appearence: Max is shorter then most people his age. He stands at about 3 foot 11 and weighs about 85 lbs.

When cold: When its cold outside Max usually wears black with yellow stirpes pants, a red vest with a white long sleeved shirt underneath, his black and yellow hat, black and yellow gloves, black running shoes, and his necklace.

Normally: Max ususally wears his red and white polo shirt, his yellow and black hat, his black and yellow shorts, his red and white running shoes, his necklace, and black fingerless gloves.

Max's hair is always black spiky/messy and his eyes are always crystal blue.

Personality: Max has always been a light hearted fellow. He never usually holds grudges against people and always acts friendly to them. He loves pokemon and never wants to hurt them. On top of being light hearted Max is also very outgoing. He will do anything and everything for his friends and pokemon. He is always the clown of the group what with his jokes, pranks occasionally and back talk.

History: Max grew up in Pallet Town. His mom died giving birth to his little brother, but Max never held it against him, unlike their older brother,Kevin. Kevin always blamed Josh for the death of their mom and never let Josh foreget it. Max protected his little brother because he already lost a little brother from a disease. His dad abandoned them forcing the three of them to live on the streets.

One day when Max was at Proffessor Jacob's lab picking a date for him to get his pokemon Kevin left Josh on his own. Josh was kidnapped by Team Rocket goons and they left a letter to Max saying: If ya want your little brother back then battle our leader and if ya win Josh can come home to you if he wants or...he can stay with us. If our boss wins, though, he stay under Team Rocket! Max figured there was basically no hope of ever getting Josh back because when this happened Max was 6, but Josh was only 2.

Preffered Starter: Could I have the Wild Card? And if so I would like a Sandshrew, nicknamed Dusty. If not then Oddish nicknamed Scent.(preffered the Sandshrew though:))

RP Sample: It is from another RP:
    Max saw a sign that said "Welcome to Odale Town!" on it. He was close to the first city in his journey. He continued on walking towards one of the houses. He then came to a clearing with a few houses and a bunch of people.

"Hustle and bustle of the city eh Treeko?" Max asked the little green gecko sitting on his head.

"Treeko Tree. Yeah but come on we need to get to the pokemon center I think it was?" Treeko said unasured.

Max smiled and then dove into the crowd. He tripped multiple times and then could finally get into a clearing in front of a store that looked like it was run down. He walked inside and there were people in there purchasing items but not alot. He looked in his bag and noticed he didn't have any health restoring items or anything. He went to the front counter.

"Yeas? What can I do for you young man?" An elderly lady asked him.

"Yes I would like 2 antidotes, 3 potions, 2 awakenings, and 2 paralyze heals please." Max asked politely.

The lady nodded and went to the back room. She came out with a bag that had 2 awakenings, 3 potions, 2 paralyze heals, and 2 antidotes.

"There you go now that will be 500 poke." she said.

Max dug inside his bag for his wallet. He found it and looked inside it. He had 2000 poke that his parents gave him right before he left. He handed the lady 500 poke, picked his bag up, and then left.

Surprisingly it wasn't as crowded as it was. He saw a clear cut path to the pokemon center and he dashed towards it. He made it to the front door and walked inside.

"Nurse Joy could you heal my pokemon please?" Max asked.

"Why of course." Nurse Joy said taking the two pokeballs he handed to her.

She walked to one of the operation rooms to heal them. Max walked over to a bench and put the items he had just bought inside his bag. He looked outside. It was getting late. Nurse Joy came back with his pokemon.

"Thank you maam. Oh and I was wondering could I get a room here please?" Max asked.

"Why of course you can." Nurse Joy said walking to her desk and pulling out a key for him.

Max thanked her and then darted to the rooms to find his. Room 109 room 109. Where is room 109? There is 100, 101,102,103,104,105,106,107,108, and finally room 109! Max thought opening his door. Max saw a bed and laid down in it after calling his pokemon out. He laid down and then fell asleep.

Zenith101

boss
    Years
  • Charecter's Name: Marvin
    Birthdate:9/23/95

Appearance: Marvin medium his age standing at 5 foot 1 and weighing in at 98 lbs. He wears a lot of sweaters and always wearing basketball shorts. Marvin is very athletic and sporty

Personality: Marvin is very outgoing. He will do anything and everything for his pokemon. He doesn't care what others think of him and often ignores people that are rude to begin with even if they are right. Hobbies are: swimming, running, kick boxing , training, and some sketching of pokemon.

History: Marvin grew up New Bark Town. His mom is sick. She did medicine. He will go out to raise money to help her.

One day when Marvin was at Professor Elm's lab picking up his pokemon. there was this big boom. Some one tried to break in professor's oak lab then one of the team rocket members came slap professor oak knocked me unconscious then throw a smoke bomb.when i woke professor oak was crying. I said "Mr oak can I help you". he was hurt then I leaned over to him and he told me two pokemon were snatched away. I hid the other do you want it he said.

Preffered Starter: Poliwag

slls81

Years
  • @Pikalover10 - ah the return of Max... Declined No I'm only Joking, You're Accepted with Sandshrew. Just one quick thing, can you change Max's age to 11 or older please. This is specified in the starter post. Thanks :)

@Marvin G2 - Sorry buddy Poliwag has already been taken, so I have to Decline your application,

Last edited:

slls81

Years
  • @Namora - reserved until end of the weekend.

Anyway... let's get started!

Chapter One - Pallet Town

Your character is lounging around in the living room, or at the kitchen table. You are bored and have nothing to do. Your Parents are listening to the news on the radio and it is coming to the end of the broadcast. You haven't really been listening to the news, but the last story catches your attention:

"And finally a word for any aspiring pokémon trainers out there. Professor Maple, who has recently moved into town from Celadon City, has sent a letter in to the station. In her letter she is offering trainers between the age of 11 and 18 the chance to become a pokémon trainer. She is offering the pokémon on a first come first serve basis, so trainers make sure you are up early and make your way to her lab tomorrow morning. Her lab opens at 10 o'clock, so be there bright and early to avoid disappointment... Well that's all it says in the letter. Well, I think offering older trainers the chance to get a pokémon is highly unorthodox; it is tradition in Pallet that a child receives their first pokémon at the age of 10. Maybe the new professor believes in second chances? Well, it will certainly be interesting to see how this one unfolds."

As your first post please introduce your character and describe their reaction upon hearing this news story. Then describe the morning your character received your pokémon, recieve your pokemon and begin making your way to Route One. Note that Professor Maple's Lab is located on the far side of Pallet to Route One, so you have to walk past Professor Oaks lab to get to Route One... please end your first post as you are approaching Professor Oak's lab on your way to Route One.

Important People -

Professor Maple -

Recently moved to Pallet from Celadon City. You will be receiving your starter pokémon from her. She will also provide you with a Pokédex and 5 Pokéballs.

Once most people have posted we will move on.

Okay, The master 123 has dropped out so Vulpix is now available again. Pikalover and alipeewee still feel free to post, new players can catch up when they join.

Pokemon still available - Vulpix and Oddish

Last edited:

Altin

Nomad Master Trainer
    Years
  • Name: Seth Lander
    Appearance: Seth is about 6' with a flawless tanned complexion. His hair is raven-black and he keeps it in a ponytail. His eyes are gold in color but change according to his feelings at the time. He has a scar that is above his right eye that he doesn't remember getting. His body is ,pardon the pun, Lean and Mean!, He actually has an atheltic build and when he is shirtless you can see that there's no fat anywhere on his body. He sprots a barely visible 6-pack and his arms and legs bulge only slightly.
    His clothes consists of boxers and kahki shorts. He wanders around shirtless to be free of the bond a shirt has on him. If it gets too cold he will put on a snowsuit.
    Personality: Seth has a Never back down and never hold back personality. He will go all out on someone and quite possibly win very quickly. He will help those in need, even if they are evil, but no matter who it is will not steal pokemon. He never holds a grudge and is never jealous or angry.
    History: A brief history of your character (include why they didn't leave Pallet at 10)
    Starter Choice: Vulpix

(this is a RP sample from another RP on another RP site entirely. it was accepted so it should work.)
    It was the dead of night. Altin was crouched on a rooftop in Traverse Town on his first night. All he knew about this town was that a lot of runaways kids and kids with no worlds to go to came here, a kid lived in the alley he lived near, and there were plenty of heartless. When he arrived in town he signed on to defeat groups of heartless for money. "Now I need friends." Altin thought, and was to try to be friends with the kid who lived in the alley when a few heartless appeared. "Guess that will have to wait" Altin muttered and charged towards the heartless.

(can i reserve this spot? i cant think of a good history now.)

Last edited:

Years
  • "Mum, I'm going out!" Warren bellowed up the stairs, halfway out the door.
    "What? Where? When will you be back?" Warren shrugged.
    "About a year, I guess-"
    "A year? Just where are you going, young man?" Warren gritted his teeth.
    "Well, mum, it was on the radio, the new professor is giving out Pokémon to older trainers who, um, missed their first chance." His mother gave him a thoroughly unimpressed look.
    "You didn't miss it Warren, you were enrolled in boarding school as punishment for being an absolute vagabond." Not entirely sure of whether 'vagabond' was meant as an insult, Warren continued,
    "Well, it'll keep me out of your hair for ages; you're always saying you'd like that. But I have to get there really soon, mum, they give them out in five minutes!" His mum sighed and frowned, staring at him with a hard expression. Warren was about to say something, but as he opened his mouth, his mum's expression broke and she smiled.
    "You'd better get going then. I'll pack you a bag and bring it up to the lab behind you. And I'll try to explain it to your father." Warren grinned, already out of the gate.
    "Thanks mum!" he shouted as he turned the corner.

There were a few other trainers at the gates, but Warren just shouldered them aside, making good use of his reputation amongst the younger Pallet Town kids. One girl stood in his way for a second, until he growled at her and she ran off, looking pretty scared. Reaching the front, he pushed forwards, to where a woman with long, naturally purple hair was holding a single Pokeball. A couple of others standing around had already got theirs. Then Warren narrowed his eyes - a boy was making his way through the gaggle of trainers, a determined look in his eye. But Warren was not averse to going into the morally gray area. Running forwards, he threw himself into a rugby tackle, his arms closing around the boys legs. As he spun around angrily, lying on the ground, Warren shrugged apologetically,
    "Sorry," he said sarcastically, "I didn't see you there." Grinning, he ran forwards and snatched the final Pokeball from the professor's hands...who promptly took it back.
    "Who are you?" she asked accusingly, "You look very familiar...of course - you're the one who released three of Oak's Pokémon one year, then got caught by his Tauros!" Warren winced; the scar on his left buttock, left by that very Tauros, always twinged at this memory.
    "Well, take this then!" she said happily, thrusting the Pokeball back into his hands. "You made that pompous prat look like an idiot and that is completely priceless!" Grinning, but a little unsure of what exactly was going on, Warren decided to leave the lab as quickly as possible before this rather odd professor realised that the police probably wouldn't be too happy about him getting a Pokémon of his own. Pushing his way back through the crowd, he made his way to a secluded spot, away from the others and, for the first time, released his first Pokémon. A white light erupted from the ball, shaping itself into a small, round, blue Pokémon with a spiral on its belly and a long tail.
    "Poliwag?" it squeaked inquisitively. Warren stood, stunned by his own disgust.

"You have got to be kidding me..."

slls81

Years
  • @alipeewee - Good first post. I assume Warren got his pokedex and pokeballs with his pokemon? Also your 'secluded spot' just happened to be right at the end of Professor Oak's road... (needs to be for next bit to make sense) ;)

congratulations - Warren Recieved a Level 5 Poliwag, a pokedex and 5 pokeballs

for your next post -

"You have got to be kidding me..."

"Excuse me..." came a voice from behind Warren. He turned around to locate the voice and scowled. The voice had come from a young boy, who couldn't have been more than 10.

The young boy took a step back, startled by Warrens appearance. He then asked nervously, "It's just that, erm, you have a Poliwag... and... and i just got my pokemon... and... i was wondering if you wanted a pokemon battle?"

challenger -
    Danny

He is one of the children who have recieved their starters from professor Oak this morning.

pokemon -
    Squirtle

Moves - Tackle, Tail Whip

In your next post, reply to the challenge. If you accept complete this battle and then (win or lose) move on to the beginning of Route One. If you reject just move your character on to route one. :)

Years
  • OOC: oops, forgot about the dex and balls, sorry :S

"Excuse me..." came a voice from behind Warren. He turned around to locate the voice and scowled. The voice had come from a young boy, who couldn't have been more than 10.
    The young boy took a step back, startled by Warren's appearance. He then asked nervously, "It's just that, erm, you have a Poliwag... and... and I just got my Pokémon... and... I was wondering if you wanted a Pokémon battle?" Warren snarled slightly and the boy took a step back. But then, he broke out into a grin,
    "Of course I'll battle you," he said in a rather unnerving tone, "That way, I'll be sure that my first battle is a win!" The boy ignored this and stuttered quietly,
    "Err, my names Danny, what's-"
    "Warren" he interrupted, stepping back so that Poliwag was between him and the trainer. It looked at Warren questioningly.
    "Time for your first battle, pipsqueak," he laughed at the little blue tadpole, who just looked confused. Meanwhile, the other trainer - Danny - had released his Pokemon, a Squirtle.
    "Start with Tail Whip!" he shouted and Squirtle spun around, hitting Poliwag in the face with its fluffy tail. Poliwag fell over, but, thinking it just a game, started laughing and slapping the ground with its tail.
    "Stop that, Poliwag! Use bubble!" But Poliwag just blew some bubbles gently into the air in front of it, slapping them one by one with its tail. Danny just grinned before uttering just one word.
    "Tackle!" Squirtle leapt forwards, shoulder barging Poliwag which flew backwards into Warren's arms, who instantly dropped it.
    "I guess I win, then!" Danny shouted, sounding a bit more confident. But the grin was wiped from his face when an especially vicious Bubble attack hit him in the face. Poliwag was back on its feet and it was mad. It was slapping the ground with its tail again, but in a rhythmic, intimidating manner.
    "Alright, let's use Bubble on Squirtle on this time!" Warren ordered, and Poliwag launched another devastating attack, hitting Squirtle in the face. Unfortunately, the water-type attack didn't have much effect on the water-type Pokémon, who simply threw itself forwards into another Tackle attack. Poliwag was slammed backwards and hit the ground hard before skidding to a stop at Warren's feet. He looked down at it like he found it repulsive, which, to be fair, he did. Looking the other way, he returned Poliwag and marched off, deliberately barging Danny as he walked past. After a few minutes walking, the buildings faded away and an open country road stretched out in front of him. A reluctant grin came to his face. His journey may not have started well, but he'd make sure that the rest of it would be a lot better.

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2009
    Cool a new comer RP

Name: Allison Flarez

Birthday: 5/2/1995

Appearance: She has dark brown hair, brown eyes, normally wears a red shirt with a fire like symbol on the back

Personality: She has a malicious personality at first, but when you know her she's a little bit nicer

History: She was born and raised in Viridian City. Her favorite types were the fire type, she likes how they can burn their opponents. She can battle using mostly offensive attacks, plus status problem moves. If you meet her she is usually with her pokemon outside of their poke ball.

Preferred Starter: Vulpix

I really hope I can get accepted this time

slls81

Years
  • @Alipeewee - Nice battle post! I can't wait to see how Warren and Poliwag's journey goes!

@Altin & Pikachu 200 - sorry but Namora has reserved Vulpix until the end of today, so I have to a]wait until then to reply to either of your posts. Pikachu 200 you need to add an RP sample to your SU.

Just to say that unfortunately Pikalover has had to drop out meaning one wild card slot is open in anyone wants it

Last edited:

Gumshoe Satyr

Clone 489024-9
    Years
  • Name: Laura Roycroft (Her actual last name is Kaelin, but she uses Roycroft to hide her true identity)

Appearance:
    At 4'3" and 80 lbs, she's pretty much average size for her age. Although she really has long, blonde hair, she has (or will depending on how I start) dyed her hair black and cut it to shoulder length to keep her rich parents from finding her
    . For clothes, she's traded her expensive designer clothes for a dark blue shirt with a picture of a manaphy on the front, dark blue pants, and white sneakers with red stripes. Also she wears a red cap and sometimes sunglasses to hide her green eyes when she needs to. The only expensive thing that she kept with her was a gold locket with a picture of her and her parents in it.

Personality:
    Since Laura's had limited contact with other people, especially those around her age, she's nervous and shy around new people. If you stick around long enough for her to get to know you, however, she eventually warms up. She very curious and loves to try new things, which is a lot considering how sheltered her life has been. Although she likes Pokemon, she's seen only a few and knows little about them. Also she tends to be stubborn and somewhat spoiled. Generally, she's calm, kind and tries her best to do what's right, but if she's told that she can't do something that she really wants to, she becomes hot-tempered and confrontal. Laura is extremely loyal to friends and her Pokemon.

History:
    Laura had the good fortune- and misfortune- of being born into one of the richest families in all of Kanto. When she was only two, she was almost kidnapped by a man desperate for money and held for ransom, and ever since then she's had a very sheltered life. Not only was she schooled by private tutors, but whenever she did go out, she was followed by her own personal squad of bodyguards. As long as she can remember, she's never been able to do anything on her own or have any real friends.

A couple of months ago, she and her family moved to the outskirts of Kanto to escape the fast-paced city life of Goldenrod. Fed up with her lack of allowed independence, Laura started having several heated arguments with her parents, which basically accomplished nothing. One day, a news story about a new professor, who was giving out Pokemon starters to young people who'd missed their chance at age ten, caught her attention. At first, she wasn't very interested, but as she watched, she fell in loved with the three cute little Pokemon and eventually realized that becoming a trainer was the answer she'd been looking for. When her parents refused to let her do it, she snuck out of the mansion, disguised herself as best as she could, and left to go get her new Pokemon.

Starter Choice:
    Vulpix

RP Sample:

Spoiler:

(Hope you like the whole run-away thing. I just came up with it this morning and thought it might be fun for my character to have the extra challenge of dodging people who are looking for her and hiding her true identity.)

slls81

Years
  • @Namora - Accepted, I like the run away aspect it could create some interesting situations. Especially with her coming from a rich family.

Basically make your first post when your ready. Follow the guide a few posts up :)

Just to make things easier, I'll give you your opponent from Oak's lab now (see alipeewee's post if confused), you can do this part in two posts if you want or just one if its easier, whatever suits you.

Okay -

Jimmy

He recieved his first pokemon from Professo Oak this morning. Has been described by many as being a little eccentric.

pokemon -
    Charmander

Moves - Scratch, Growl

Happy RPing :)

@Altin & Pikachu 200 - sorry but Vulpix has been taken. If you still want to RP there are two slots still avaiable (Oddish and Wild Card) If you wanted to sign up for one of these slots instead then PM me.
    pokemon still available - Oddish and 1 Wild Card

Last edited:

Gumshoe Satyr

Clone 489024-9
    Years
  • At seven in the morning, Laura awoke and realized that today was the day that Professor Maple was giving out the Pokemon. As she dressed and brushed her teeth, her mind drifted to the argument she'd had with her mother just yesterday. I know she told me that I couldn't go on a Pokemon journey, but still..... can I really just let this opportunity pass me by like this?

Suddenly, there was a knock at the bathroom door. "Miss? Miss Kaelin? Are you in there?" It was the voice of one of the many maids who worked around the mansion.

"Yes, Bridget. I'm here. What's the problem?" Laura opened the door slightly but kept her eyes downcast, fearing that she already knew what the message was. Giving her a sad smile and brief pat on the shoulder, the maid reluctantly responded.

"I'm afraid that your father and had an important meeting to rush off to this morning, and your mother went with him. They won't be back until tonight...." The maid shifted uncomfortably as she waited to see how Laura would react, but she merely dismissed and continued getting ready. It's always the same old story with them.... I suppose it's necessary though when you own one-fifth of Kanto....

Sighing, she walked down to the west wing for breakfast, and while she was eating, the same news story that she'd seen yesterday came on. "Pokemon starters for those who missed Professor Oak's....," she mused to herself. "I simply cannot let this opportunity go. Mom will have to understand. I'm going." After grabbing some turkey sandwiches from the fridge and hiding them under her shirt, Laura snuck off to her room, avoiding the staff as best as she could, and climbed through a window. Once outside, she managed to sneak past security, who were more focused on what was coming in than anything trying to go out, and quickly made her way into Pallet Town.

Going into the nearest clothing store, she picked out a dark blue shirt with the picture of a Manaphy on it, dark blue pants, and white sneakers with red stripes. So this is what "normal" kids wear. Hmm.... When she saw the prices, her jaw dropped in astonishment. All of these clothes only cost a fraction of just one piece of my normal clothing! At this rate, I'll be able to buy everything I need and still have a little money left! She also picked up a cap and a pair of sunglasses before heading to the cashier, who unfortunately watched a lot of news.

Her eyes widening, the cashier exclaimed, "Wow, Miss Kaelin! Didn't you just move to Pallet Town? You're really rich and famous, aren't you? I see you on the news all the time! Did your mother have any trouble adjusting to your father's wealth when she married him? How rich are you anyway?"

"Uh.... Yes..... I guess..... I don't think she had any trouble..... I don't know," Laura managed to answer as she was bombarded with questions. Wincing, she noticed the other shoppers in the store staring at them. She was also so sick of people calling her by her last name. What was wrong with just Laura? "Listen, I really need to get going, so can you please hurry with my purchase?" She sighed with relief when the cashier nodded and began to ring up everything. I don't understand what all the excitement is about..... We just have a lot of money. That's all...

After that, Laura changed into her new clothes in the dressing room and threw her old ones into the nearest trash can, wincing at how much money she was throwing away. Mom's definitely not going to like this, but I can't take them with me. Hopefully, no one will notice that all my clothes are brand-new. She thought about getting rid of her favorite gold locket around her neck, but she couldn't bring herself to do it and decided to hide it under her shirt. At the next store, she picked up a backpack, a sleeping bag, a bottle of black hair dye, a pair of scissors, and other necessities before heading to the bathroom.

After hesitating for several second, she reluctantly cut her long, blonde hair to shoulder length with the scissors and dyed it jet black. "I guess it can always grow back...," she muttered to herself sadly. "At least I did a pretty good job..." She also cut all of the tags off her clothes and backpack and threw the scissors and bottle of hair dye into the trash. When she walked out of the bathroom, no one gave her a second glance. "So far, so good. Now to get to that lab!"

A little while later, she arrived at the gates of the new lab, where a couple trainers were already waiting in line. At Laura's turn, Professor Maple handed her a pokeball and a small, red device that she didn't quite recognize. "Here's your Pokemon, pokedex, and some empty pokeballs. Good luck!" the professor said, giving her five more pokeballs which she quickly deposited into her backpack.

"What's its name?" Laura asked, feeling more and more clueless as Professor Maple gave her a blank stare. "The Pokemon..... What's it called?"

"Uh.... Vulpix, of course." The professor watched as Laura left and disappeared from view but soon shrugged and went on to the next trainer. As she left, Laura thought she saw a boy shoving aside other waiting trainers, but she was more interested in the pokeball she now cradled in her hands.

So it's called a Vulpix. That's an interesting name.... Well, now's as good a time as any to take a look. Let's see... I think this is how it's done. She stopped in front of another lab that she guessed was Professor Oak's and prepared to tried to Vulpix from its pokeball. A white beam of light shot from the pokeball to the ground and a red, foxlike Pokemon appeared. "Wow, I didn't know I was going to get such a cutie! I'm afraid I don't know much about Vulpix. Maybe this pokedex thing has some answers..."

Pointing the pokedex at the Pokemon, Laura fiddled with the buttons until Vulpix appeared on the screen and she heard, "Vulpix, The Fox Pokemon. Inside Vulpix's body burns a flame that never goes out. During the daytime, when the temperatures rise, this Pokémon releases flames from its mouth to prevent its body from growing too hot."

"A fire type, huh? Wow, it shows your attacks and everything. You only have two right now. Is that normal, Vulpix?" The little Pokemon only stared blankly at Laura as if it was wondering how it ended up with such a dumb trainer. Suddenly, a boy's voice interrupted them, and they
    turned toward the source.....

OOC: Ok, I'm stopping before this post turns into a short story. XD

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
    Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    Name: Kairi Hill

Appearance: Kairi is of avange height at 5'' 2''. Not too tall or too short. She weights 100 pounds. She has very long brown hair, going stright down her back. She wears a sleetless blue shirt, a red short skirt red and white shoes, and very long blue socks that go up to her ankles. She is very pale white shinned, and has light green eyes.

Personality: She is very nice and trusting. Kind to her Pokemon. But she does conplain a lot. Kairi really hates walking a lot. She likes to ride her bike instead. When Kairi loses her temper though, she's like a huricane, so watch out. But she is very fateful to her friends and Pokemon. Kairi loves anything that's cute or beatiful.

History: Kairi was born, and raised in johto, at New Bark Town, but later on moved to Pallet Town, as New Bark Town was way too noisy for her and her mother. She loved going outside and picking flowers. She has a very beatiful flower garden that her mother sometimes helps her with. She plants all kinds of flowers there, but her favorite kinds of flowers are sun flowers.

Her and her mother sometimes sell the flowers at the flower store in Viridan City. One day Kairi was watching TV, and heard about all children starting out as Pokemon trainers or coordinators, and getting there first pokemon from Professor Oak. "Wow! That's what I always wanted to do, become a master coordinator just like my mom." Kairi said getting exsited. But the next day Kairi had woke up late. When she had got to the lab, all the starters were already taken.

Kairi was very depressed that day. Now how would she ever become a coordinator now.

Starter Choice: Wild card (Pikachu)

RP Sample

It all started one day, as Kairi and her mother were packing boxes leaving New Bark Town, to head for Pallet Town in Kanto. Kairi had already said good bye to all her friends. She hated to move, but it was very too noisy in this town. Plus her mother had got a new job in Kanto. 'Moving to a new place can be scary but I know I can handle it.' Kairi thought to herself, as she was packing up her Nintendo DS Lite system,'I hope I make a lot of friends there.'

Her and her mother loaded everything in the moving truck, and got going. Kairi fell asleep in the car.

She woke up to her mother shaking her awake,"Kairi dear, were here honey."

Kairi yawn, rubbing her eyes. She got out of the car, and helped her mother unpack things and carry boxes into there new home. Kairi was kinda exsited to be moving here, really. She had heard that a famus researcher named Professor Oak lived her. She couldn't wait to meet him.

Kairi carried her things upstairs to her room. Upstairs was very private too. It had just one big bedroom with a bathroom connected to it. The floor was made of hard wood, a tannist color, and the bathroom looked all white. Kairi had two windows in her bedroom, one in the front and one in the back.

The front window was connected onto a balcony, with a few chairs on it, and the back window looked out over Route 1. Her bathroom also had a window looking out over Route 1. Then there was a road next to the route. From her bathroom window Kairi could see a lot of cars driving by. Her bathroom was all in white. 1 Tolit, there was a glass shower and one of those very big bathtubs.

Kairi unpacked everything, and by the time she got back downstairs everything else was already unpacked and sit up. Kairi and her mother went into there blue colored kitchen and had some dinner. It was 5:00 in the evening.

Afterwards Kairi walked over to see Professor Oak. She asked him all kinds of questions about Pokemon. He answered them all, truthfully. By the time she was done there, it was getting very late, she started heading home just as the sun was sitting. Just then she heard a weird noise that sounded like the flapping of a bird, she looked up in the sky, and saw a weird rainbow colored flash, flash thought the sky

"What was that!?" Kairi wondered turning kinda pale,"Maybe I'm just seeing and hearing things that aren't there. I'll ask Professor Oak about it tormorrow."

Kairi yawnned. She then went home, and got ready for bed, and went to bed. She had weird dreams all night about what she thought she saw or didn't see.

Back