• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Best Veteran March/May 2011] A new professor in town - Kanto Adventure PG13

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
Years
  • Warren grinned.

"Now that's a good idea. Silver, Violet, come on!" He threw two Pokéballs and a small wolf materialised on the ground in front of the trainers, next to the two Ralts. Warren took a few steps down the left hand tunnel.

"Ok, Silver, time to put your tracking skills to the test. We need you to try and sniff out any people left in this cave." Silver nodded, and lowered his nose to the ground, sniffing enthusiastically as he slowly wandered down the tunnel. Warren turned to Violet.

"Ok, now you link arms with that weird looking Psyduck. Try and use your psychic abilities to find out if there's anyone left in here. I know it's a bit of a long shot, but let's give it a go, okay?"

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • (OOC: God, I think i'm about to copy and paste your entire post =/)

Warren grinned, "Now that's a good idea. Silver, Violet, come on!" He threw two Pokéballs and a small wolf materialised on the ground in front of the trainers, next to the two Ralts. Warren took a few steps down the left hand tunnel.

"Thanks, there's a first time for everything." Did I really believe that? No. It was nice that Warren had liked my plan though, but it was definately not my first good one. At least, maybe it was here.

"Ok, Silver, time to put your tracking skills to the test. We need you to try and sniff out any people left in this cave." Silver nodded, and lowered his nose to the ground, sniffing enthusiastically as he slowly wandered down the tunnel. Warren turned to Violet.

"Ok, now you link arms with that weird looking Psyduck. Try and use your psychic abilities to find out if there's anyone left in here. I know it's a bit of a long shot, but let's give it a go, okay?"

I couldn't help but grinning, was he going to keep up the Psyduck thing? The two Ralts linked hands, but I couldn't tell if they were using their psychic powers. It would've helped to be able to see their eyes. I waited while Silver sniffed and Psy and Violet tried to locate the presence of any Team Magma grunts.

Years
  • Silver paused in his sniffing and Warren looked down at him.

"Found something?" Silver growled in response and began to prowl down the tunnel, nose to the ground. Warren looked over at the other three.

"I think we're onto something! Kris, let's get moving. But you two, keep trying to feel out any grunts ahead of us. If they're in large groups, we'll want to have the element of surprise when we attack."

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
  • "...It would appear we've been left together. Any suggestions as per what we should do? Because Warren missed that she went back into the base. We could wait here, or we could do down looking. Regardless, I'm here to look for my team. With me or not, you aren't changing my goal..."

Kliff nodded as Sam spoke, "I'd rather not dawdle. We should follow her down. Besides, she's an admin so I doubt she would tell us anything - we may have to dig up our own information here." He retrieved the rest of his pokemon and began following the trail of Courtney, "Let's go."

Nakuzami

Years
  • I walked behind Warren and Silver as it had appeared the little dog found something. The two Ralts' eyes were still glowing as they were still trying to sense the presence of anything as they walked.

As we began to near the end of the tunnel, I noticed Larvitar was out of his pokeball. "How do you do that without me noticing?" I whispered to the little pokemon. I almost leaned over to pick him up and then remembered how much Larvitar weighed. Sometimes I forget because he is so small.

I thought I could hear someone muttering to themselves as we got the the end of the tunnel, where it opened into a relatively large room. "Come my little Psyduck. We have entered the asylum." I said as I scooped up Psy, eyes still glowing. I stopped at the entrance to the room so that I could not be seen. Pacing around in the room was a male grunt, apparently arguing with himself.

"So, what do we do?" I asked Warren, even though the answer was obvious.

Years
  • Warren narrowed his eyes at the grunt, listening in to what he was muttering.

"Now they're all saying that Courtney legged it...so there's no reason to stay here and get attacked by those trainers." He paused.

"But if the boss finds out I left without orders, I'll get my ass handed to me." Warren grinned.

"Perfect. Let's take him out quickly and get his Pokéballs off him. Then we'll need to do some, eh, 'questioning'. Now, on my word..." The grunt turned around so his back was to them.

"Ok, get him!"

Nakuzami

Years
  • I noticed Warren was eavesdropping on the grunt, so I decided to join in.

"But if the boss finds out I left without orders, I'll get my ass handed to me." Okay, maybe he wasn't that insane, but I guess if you're on Team Magma, you're automatically insane.

Warren spoke up right after that, "Perfect. Let's take him out quickly and get his Pokéballs off him. Then we'll need to do some, eh, 'questioning'. Now, on my word..." The grunt just happened to turn so that his back was to us, so I knew what was coming. I scrambled for Wurmy's pokeball and let her out.

"Ok, get him!" Came Warren's voice.

"Wurmy. You should have what to do memorized by now." The cocoon pokemon just gave me a confused look as a reply. I sighed, "String Shot."

Wurmy let out a soft "Siiilk..." As if the thought had never occured to her.

"Oi. You'd think you'd have that memorized by now." After I said that, Wurmy let out a line of silk that the grunt just happened to notice and dodged.

"Hey! Who-" As he realized we were the ones that were going to get his ass handed to them, he through a pokeball. Before it could open, I jumped up and grabbed it, though that didn't stop a Slugma from appearing.

"Psy, Violet, stop the grunt with a Confusion! Wurmy, you should know what to do." I gave the pokemon a look before turning to Larvitar, "Go hold the Slugma down." Larvitar responded by walking over to the slug and holding its head to the ground. There was little resistance from the Slugma, and I guess it didn't know what to do without orders from the grunt.

"You may start the questioning now."

Years
  • "Nice work Kris." Warren stepped forwards with a dark look on his face, approaching the grunt restrained by the psychics' telekinesis.

"Alright, you scumbag. You know as well as I do that nobody on your team's gonna notice or care that you're missing when they run away. So that means that we've got all the time in the world for you to start telling us what we want to hear. Starting with everything you know about a raid on a lab in the Kanto region. All of my team was taken and I'm not going to stop until I've got them back." The grunt sniggered, then spat on the floor.

"And what if I don't? You're gonna interrogate me? Torture me? You're just a kid!" Warren growled, then quickly drew back a foot and kicked the grunt in the stomach, hard. He bent over double, wheezing, but continued laughing.

"Pathetic. You think you can break me? You haven't got the stomach for it, kid! Trust me, the boss is way more terrifying than the idea of a half-hearted beat-down from some teenager!" Warren grimaced. He knew he was stuck. The grunt wasn't going to talk without the kind of, er, 'persuasion' that he just didn't have the stomach for. Spinning around, he looked at Kris.

"Got any bright ideas?"

Nakuzami

Years
  • "Thanks." I replied when Warren complimented my work. Warren began to insult the grunt and told him to tell Warren what he knew. The grunt didn't seem scared at all, not even when Warren kicked him.

He turned to me, "Got any bright ideas?"

Seriously, can he do anything for long without asking me for idea? I thought, It's not like i'm completely full of them. Besides, I come up with most of them from the top of my head. If I can do that, so can he... I looked around for something to use, then thought of something.

"How good is Violet at reading minds?" I asked Warren, "Psy could keep him held back while Violet tries to read his mind." I continued before pausing for a moment, "And if that doesn't work, the pokemon could hold him back while we could go...search for a Lunatone and Solrock. Lunatone could put him to sleep and Solrock could blind him, so that we could carry him out of here and interrogate him later." I stopped, waiting for Warren to acknowledge the plan.

(OOC: I don't really think Violet can do it, but maybe we could do the Lunatone/Solrock plan? I do want one XD :P)

Years
  • Warren grimaced.

"We don't have time to go hunting for rare Pokémon. Violet, do you think you could try and read his mind?" The Ralts looked up at him sceptically, but gave a tenuous nod. Warren grinned.

"Alright, go for it!" Violet glared hard at the grunt for a minute, seemingly concentrating hard on something. Then she stepped back, shaking her head. Warren frowned.

"He doesn't know anything, does he?" Violet nodded and Warren cursed. Typical. He glared down at the grunt.

"You might have mentioned that earlier," he growled angrily, prompting the grunt to chuckle.

"Yeah, like you would've believed me. I would've thought it would be obvious that the admins don't tell everybody everything. Just because we're criminals doesn't make us stupid." Warren growled again.

"Fine. Kris, tie this guy up with Wurmy's string shot, then we'd best get out of here and call in the police." The grunt sniggered.

"Yeah, the police. We're real scared of them." Warren ignored him. They had to get moving.

Nakuzami

Years
  • "Fine. Kris, tie this guy up with Wurmy's string shot, then we'd best get out of here and call in the police." Warren said.

"Okay..." I nodded at Wurmy and she tied up the grunt. I was a little disappointed I couldn't get a Lunatone or Solrock, but maybe later.

"Yeah, the police. We're real scared of them." Replied the grunt to Warren's police remark.

Yeah, the police wouldn't be too much help. I thought.

(OOC: O.o Short post, not much to say. What next?)

slls81

What does that even mean?
    Years
  • Right sorry for not doing this for so long, anyway I think this covers it...

@I Laugh At Your Misfortune -
    Congratulations Ralts (Violet) grew to Level 18 and learned Lucky Chant
    Congratulations Bonsly (Useless) grew to Level 12

@Zeph -
    Congratulations Sandshrew (Pan) grew to Level 17
    Congratulations Sableye (Zabe) grew to Level 18 and learned Fake Out

@Nakuzami -
    Congratulations Silcoon (Wurmy) grew to Level 12 and is now ready to evolve
    !
    Congratulations Seedot (Dot) grew to Level 14 and is now ready to evolve!
    Congratulations Numel (Eruption) grew to Level 12

@Sasuneuchiha -
    Congratulations Feebas grew to Level 16

romdinner

Gazing at the sky...
    Years
  • "[FONT=Cambria, serif]We bring forth the sequel of a Grifspark and Romdinner production"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]
    Andy took in a deep breath. This grunt was starting to agitate him, and that would only lead to a mistake. No, lots of mistakes, something Andy was prone to doing when angry. The Magma grunt threw the two Pokéballs he held into the sky, leaving them to flash blindingly. Andy was surprised no-one had noticed the battle yet, especially with all the noise they were making.[/FONT]

"[FONT=Cambria, serif]Aron!" ... "Nu~uu!" yelled the foes Pokémon, as they lined up to fight.[/FONT]

"[FONT=Cambria, serif]Looks like we have more company. What?....if i didn't know better I'd say there's a mirror in front of Numel."[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]
    Andy grinned slightly. "An Aron and a Numel... Think we can deal with this David?" he asked, as he chuckled slightly. He had a Pokémon which could cause havoc with one, and resist the other.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]
    "I'm sure of it," David replied with in a confident tone.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]
    Pulling a Pokéball from his belt, Andy grinned to David. This couldn't be too hard, could it? Dropping the red and white sphere, it smashed against the ground, revealing a small, lava Pokémon. It yawned violently and then glanced at the enemy, which caused him to spring into action, ready for a fight.[/FONT]

"[FONT=Cambria, serif]Slug! Ma, ma!" it yelled, coughing out a few sparks.[/FONT]

"[FONT=Cambria, serif]Hey, David. How's your Numel at ambushing an opponent?"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]
    "Haven't tried that yet but there's a first time for everything... do your stuff."[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]
    "He he, gladly. let's do this... Molotov, use Smog to cover your movements!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]
    A purple cloud was formed and was blown away towards the two Pokemon. In just a matter of seconds they were surrounded by the Smog, the cloud covered them entirely. Aron and Numel started to look around but the cloud was too thick to see through. As this happened Andy turned towards David and with a nodding of the head David knew it was time.[/FONT]

"[FONT=Cambria, serif]Numel jump over the cloud and when you're above them use Ember."[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]
    Numel rushed and at the edge of the poisonous gas it sprung up. In mid air it turned towards the ground and it launched a powerful Ember right in the center of the cloud where two shadows were staying. The sparks of fire went down like meteorites and collided with the two Pokémon. The force of the impact made the purple gas to disperse into thin air. Aron and Numel were glued to the ground by the attack, but with some effort they got up, albeit with some bruises on them. Suddenly Numel started shaking and landed on its knees. It was a clear sign that it inhaled some of the toxic cloud and now was subdued to the poison.[/FONT]

"[FONT=Cambria, serif]Get up now…. it's nothing." were the insensitive words from the grunt. Numel focused and eventually got again on its feet. Now the grunt was pleased that he could make his move.

"Aron use Mud Slap first on both Pokémon, then you know what to do while Numel uses Magnitude," he shouted.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]
    Aron started throwing with what looked like poorly-shaped balls of mud at Molotov and Numel. David looked around and saw two stalagmites near his and Andy's Pokémon. Seeing this a light bulb lit in his head which made him shout at Andy.[/FONT]

"[FONT=Cambria, serif]Andy quickly take cove behind those two stalagmites."[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]
    "Got it..." he muttered, before readying an order. "Molotov, get behind the stalagmites!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]
    Numel and Molotov ran behind the two long formations and got out of the way from Aron's attack.[/FONT]

"[FONT=Cambria, serif]You can't hide from me" the grunt grinned[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]
    In this time Aron continued his orders and ran on top of Numel just as the Pokémon lifted its front feet and smashed them to the ground creating a powerful seismic wave. The wave reached both Molotov and Numel behind the stalagmites and knocked them down on the ground. The attack inflicted some major damage on Molotov being a fire type, on Numel having a less effect being partial ground. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]
    "C'mon Molotov, you can do it!" [/FONT]

"[FONT=Cambria, serif]Numel hang in there , you two can beat them!" [/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]
    The two Pokémon got up with a fierce look in their eyes , it was like the word from their trainers lit a fire in them. David and Andy saw that and smiled at each other knowing it was time for a powerful counter attacks. [/FONT]

"[FONT=Cambria, serif]Double Ember!" the two trainer shouted simultaneous.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]
    Two streams of fire sparks went towards Aron and Numel. In mid air the two streams merged into one powerful jet of fire nearly as powerful as a flamethrower. The combined heat from the attacks and the burning desire in the two Pokémon made the sparks of fire burn as hot as ever. The copy flamethrower smashed into both Aron and Numel . Aron was knocked down by the he force of attack while Numel despite being a fire type it got badly hurt not from the fire itself but by the force of it which swept it of off its feet and blown into the wall. The poison kicked in again making things worse for Numel. In a few seconds everything was over and the fire faded into the darkness of the cave leaving the two hurt Pokémon to try and get up. Eventually they did being continuously threatened by the magma grunt.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]
    "Wooh! Yeah. That was so awesome!" Andy yelled, before raising his hand to high-five David. "He he, Andy and David, 1. Magma, 0."[/FONT]

"[FONT=Cambria, serif]Why you?! Numel use Tackle on Slugma , you Aron use Metal Claw on the other one." [/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]
    Both Pokémon were dashing towards their target preparing for their attacks. As they were near Molotov and Numel they both jumped and were falling at their enemy.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]
    "Time for some heavy offense. Molotov, launch a RockThrow!" [/FONT]

"[FONT=Cambria, serif]Some fire power coming up…..Numel use Ember on Rock Throw."[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]
    The rocks from the attack were instantly propelled at a fast pace by the sparks of fire. As they were going the rock were also absorbing the heat from the ember making them very hot. The molted rocks hit the two Pokémon that were falling down with intention to hit Molotov and Numel. They were send back from their starting point on the ground but got up again as they knew what would happened if they didn't.[/FONT]

"[FONT=Cambria, serif]That was close." [/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]
    "Tell me about it..." Andy groaned. "Let's try another Smog attack!" [/FONT]

"[FONT=Cambria, serif]That does it, Aron use Mud Slap through the Smog."[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]
    The Pokémon did as it was told. It threw some mud trough the cloud. As it flew by the current from the mud ball made the Smog turn backwards going faster than normal and went straight into Numel.[/FONT]

"[FONT=Cambria, serif]Numel don't inhale the Smog , use Ember to disperse it."[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]
    Numel got a little nervous as it found itself in the center of the cloud without any visibility , but as it heard David it got its focus and used Ember. The cloud disappeared and Numel was now looking at the grunt. David looked at Numel and saw that it was extremely tired as it was barely standing so he reached for it Pokéball to call it back, as it got Numel's Pokéball a loud cry enveloped the whole cave. Numel got poisoned and the effect kicked in quite quickly. As the cry faded the Pokémon fell down unconsciously.[/FONT]

"[FONT=Cambria, serif]Numel…………"David mumbled as he called her back.[/FONT]

"[FONT=Cambria, serif]That's true Magma power," the grunt said with a cocky posture.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]
    "He he, true Magma power? Says the guy whose already lost two Pokemon..."Andy muttered to David, although he had a feeling the grunt would have heard it.[/FONT]

"[FONT=Cambria, serif]You asked for it…….Wingull time to put this grunt in his place……..the garbage."[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]
    "Couldn't have put it better myself. Molotov, you ready?" Andy asked, as the Lava-Pokemon nodded to his trainer.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]
    Wingull came out and flew up to the ceiling then dashed down staying just above David's head. Two Pokémon were down on each side and who knew how many the grunt had , his limit was four but maybe he didn't have so many.[/FONT]

"[FONT=Cambria, serif]Ok..payback time Wingull . Start off with a Water Gun pointed at Numel!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]
    "Molotov, show that Aron how we heat things up back in Rustboro. Use Ember!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]
    As the embers flew from the Slugma's mouth, David's Wingull opened its gaping mouth, and a spiral of highly pressured water flew towards the target. The grunt gazed at the attacks, although he clearly looked ready to order a countermeasure. [/FONT]

"[FONT=Cambria, serif]Aron, use Mudslap on the Ember attack. Numel, counter the Watergun with Ember," he grumbled, although both Andy and David could tell there was a faint sense of doubt in his voice.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]
    As Molotov's attack was inches from Aron, it kicked up a handful on dirt and threw it at the attack, dousing the flames. Meanwhile, the flames from the grunts Numel collided with the incoming Watergun, causing both of the attacks to vaporize on contact. It was a useful counter attack, although all it seemed to do was give David an idea. [/FONT]

"[FONT=Cambria, serif]Andy!!! Try using Ember along side with my Water Gun," David said with a confident look[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]
    Andy nodded at the comment. He had never thought of the idea of attacking with both fire and water. In his mind, they would simply cancel each other. But David seemed to know what he was doing, and Andy was only glad to oblige. All four Pokémon looked ready for the remainder of the fight, which was a good sign.[/FONT]

"[FONT=Cambria, serif]Ok, let's try this out shall we?" Andy said, as he motioned to Molotov. "Try an Ember on the Aron!" he ordered, as Molotov gathered some cinders near his mouth, ready to fire his attack on command.[/FONT]

"[FONT=Cambria, serif]Wingull, use Water Gun straight at Aron!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]
    The two attacks flew towards the Aron, with the flames trying to navigate around the water. They struck the water before the final attack could make final contact with the foe, causing it to make the spiral of water to evaporate leaving just a few droplets of water to splash on the Aron's face. The grunt chuckled heavily at the failed attempt, and then seemed ready to launch a counter attack.[/FONT]

"[FONT=Cambria, serif]Ha ha ha..." he jeered at the attack, "That was pathetic, now let's show those two how we do it in Team Magma. You two, both use Tackle!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]
    At the words, both of the Pokemon charged forward at Andy, David, Molotov and Wingull.[/FONT]

"[FONT=Cambria, serif]Wingull fly higher to dodge."[/FONT]

"[FONT=Cambria, serif]You too Molotov, get out of the way!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]
    Wingull simply gained a few feet in altitude, making both of the Pokemon far too low down to avoid the Water/Flying type, meaning that they turned their attention to the Lava Pokémon. Molotov's eyes flared open, as he tried to move to the side, but the limbless body of the Slugma made moving difficult. Molotov was slammed into by both Aron and Numel, sustaining a surprisingly high amount of damage.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]
    Andy stared with some level of horror. "No, Molotov!" he yelled, as the Lava Pokemon lay, fairly dizzy. Slugma tried hard to get back up, as it didn't want to disappoint Andy. "Molotov, get ready to heat things up!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]
    Andy's words worked like a charm and in no time Slugma was up and ready as if this were the greatest battle he had ever been in. Wingull came next to Slugma ready to make a counter attack and provide support as needed.[/FONT]

"[FONT=Cambria, serif]Andy in order to win this we have to be in sync and see through his moves and act quickly," David stated as he wanted that he and Andy to finish this with as little damage as they could.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]
    "Got it, let's show him what we can really do!" [/FONT]

"[FONT=Cambria, serif]Now Wingull launch……"[/FONT]

"[FONT=Cambria, serif]Won't let you……..Numel use Magnitude and then Aron use that magnitude along with a Mud Slap," the grunt said as fast as he could; he didn't want the two trainers to make any kind of move what-so-ever.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]
    The magnitude shattered some pieces from the grunt which were fiercely hit by Aron and sent towards Slugma , as the ground attack would have no effect on Wingull. The rocks were heading towards Slugma like arrows. Andy knew that the attacks was too fast for the Fire Pokémon to avoid so he looked towards David asking for help.[/FONT]

"[FONT=Cambria, serif]I have an idea but you have to trust me on this," David said.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]
    "I've been doing that for the past ten minutes and it seems to have worked fine!" [/FONT]

"[FONT=Cambria, serif]Ok then Wingull use Water Gun carefully on Slugma."[/FONT]

"[FONT=Cambria, serif]So you chickened out and now you're battling yourself…..works better for me then." The grunt laughed out loud.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]
    But Andy and David knew what they were doing and ignored the grunt , focusing on what had to be done. Wingull's Water Gun was a bit low powered that usual but this was just what
    David intended to. As the water was making contact with the lava Pokémon the surface of its body started to cool covering Slugma into a thick layer of rock.[/FONT]

"[FONT=Cambria, serif]Perfect , now Wingull pick it up."[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]
    "I take it you have a plan?" [/FONT]

"[FONT=Cambria, serif]What the….?"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]
    Now Slugma was safe to carry around, but most important it avoided the attack as the rocks flew by Slugma just as it was picked up by Wingull.[/FONT]

"[FONT=Cambria, serif]Why you…." Were the grunt's word which was filled with anger.[/FONT]

"[FONT=Cambria, serif]Now Wingull bombs awa~ay!!" he said just as he was above Numel.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]
    Slugma was falling down heading straight for Numel. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]
    "Well, I didn't think of that... And hey, I've had an idea to make this move more... explosive..."[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]
    With those words Slugma smashed into Numel, hitting it hard. Slugma wasn't affected by the fall due to its protective layer that just cracked when it fell on Numel, setting Slugma free. Slugma was now sitting right next to Numel, which was a bit confused of what happened , ready to land another hit.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]
    "Molotov, Smog quickly!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]
    The cloud immediately covered Numel making this attack more powerful. Numel sustained massive damage from the attack so when the cloud cleared away it was laying on the floor motionless.[/FONT]

"[FONT=Cambria, serif]Now that's what I'm talking about."[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]
    "Booyah!" [/FONT]

"[FONT=Cambria, serif]That does it……enough with this child's play," the grunt said throwing his last Pokéball. "Slugma come out so we can end this."[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]
    Another Slugma appeared on the battle field, fairly similar to Andy's Molotov, except for the fact that the grunt's Pokémon was a bit taller.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]
    "Aww, how come he gets a bigger Slugma? Oh well, David, let's try that Water-Fire combo again!" [/FONT]

"[FONT=Cambria, serif]Sounds good … Wingull use Water Gun"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]
    "Molotov, fire a barrage of Ember!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]
    The attacks went flying in the air towards Aron and Slugma and started to reach a point where they could almost fuse. David and Andy gazed at the attacks hoping for the best, but their hopes we're shattered quickly as this time the water was too strong ,and it extinguished the fire attacks. Andy and David both closed their eyes trying to get over what just had happened AGAIN.[/FONT]

"[FONT=Cambria, serif]Didn't you learn your lesson the first time? My turn; Slugma use Yawn on Wingull and you Aron use Headbutt on Slugma!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]
    Wingull tried to avoid the sleeping effect of the attack but it was no use in a matter of seconds the bird Pokémon fell down on the ground, not even the impact waking it up. In this time Molotov was badly hit by Aron and sent into a rock.[/FONT]

"[FONT=Cambria, serif]You should just give up. It's useless to fight using a sleeping sack of feathers and a almost fainted slug."[/FONT]

"[FONT=Cambria, serif]You'll pay for those words… Andy cover me until Wingull wakes up."[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]
    "Oh, I'm wa~y ahead of you. Molotov, cover Wingull with Ember!" The sparks of fire barely hit Aron and Slugma as they we're ordered to get back. Andy used this to his advantage as he thought of a way to protect Wingull and his Pokémon as well for a while. "Uhh... Molotov, use RockThrow on the Stalactite above!" ordered Andy.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]Molotov nodded, and the droplets around his mouth solidified, and were thrown at a weakened rock formation on the roof. It snapped, crashing down to the earth, forming a formidable wall of earth and rock.[/FONT]

"[FONT=Cambria, serif]Great thinking..."[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]
    Loads of rocks fell from the sky onto each other quickly forming what looked like a massive barrage that separated the grunt from the two trainers. The grunt couldn't see even a glimpse of the two trainers so he ordered his Pokémon to start destroying the wall.[/FONT]

"[FONT=Cambria, serif]Aron use Metal claw , you Slugma use Ember."[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]
    On the other side of the wall David was trying to reach Wingull. "Wingull try to wake up!" But there was no response as the bird Pokémon was quietly sleeping on the ground.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]
    "David, this wall won't last for much longer..."[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]
    David knew that as he could hear Aron and Slugma from the other side that were trying as fast as they could to get to them. He remained silence with his head pointed down at the ground feeling bad that he couldn't do a thing to help Andy and more important Wingull. Andy wanted to say something to David as he somehow guessed that he was becoming worried, but he didn't as he thought that he might make things worse, and probably distract the both of them in this situation, so he focused on trying to come up with some plan to counter the two Pokémon by himself when they would reach the other side of the wall, which hopefully, they wouldn't. Andy was facing the wall with silence surrounding the area, making one exception of the grunts Pokémon that were in a state of continuous digging. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]In this time, David was trying desperately to come up with some kind of plan. 'I have to do something, the others depend on me. Wingull depends on me…' but then, he managed to gain some level of confidence. "Wingull I know you can do it… WAKEEEeeee UP!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]
    Andy was startled by David's shout, but was more concerned over the new lack of a Flying/Water type.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]
    "Hey, David. Where's Wingull?"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]
    David, with a confident look on his face, just pointed up at the ceiling. Wingull was flying above its trainer with the same confidence as David had.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]
    "Good thing Wingull's back up. We need all the help we can get." [/FONT]

"[FONT=Cambria, serif]Just in time as I think there are just about to break the wall," David said looking at the center of the wall.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]
    "Got it, we need a plan now." [/FONT]

"[FONT=Cambria, serif]Hey Andy…. the grunt doesn't know that my Wingull has recovered so let's take him by surprise," were David words as he went towards Andy and whispered some word in his ear.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]
    Andy made a small smirk nodding his head in agreement to what David said to him. They got into position and waited for the right moment. Then with a sudden crack a part of the wall cracked down the grunt ordering the two Pokémon to get passed the pile of rock.[/FONT]

"[FONT=Cambria, serif]Now Andy!!!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]
    "Unleash hell with an Ember attack!" yelled Andy to his Slugma [/FONT]

"[FONT=Cambria, serif]A simple Ember against two Pokémon won't work…. You two block that attack together."[/FONT]

"[FONT=Cambria, serif]Maybe you're right but who said it was just a SIMPLE Ember? Wingull Supersonic!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]
    The grunt was shocked to see the flying Pokémon descending from behind a stalactite and launching its attack. The sound barrier caught up with the Ember just as it was above the pile of rock merging together into what looked like a wall of fire filled with pieces of rock. The wall hit the two Pokémon and sent them flying into a wall behind the grunt that was frozen from what had just happened. Aron and Slugma slipped on the floor onto each other.[/FONT]

"[FONT=Cambria, serif]You just got burnt." [/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]
    "He he, that was so epic..." [/FONT]

"[FONT=Cambria, serif]Maybe… maybe not… get up you two!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]
    Aron and Slugma were badly injured but they were kind of used to this state as they were always hit by the grunt or put in danger due to the grunt's stupid decisions. So they somehow got up , breathing hard.[/FONT]

"[FONT=Cambria, serif]Now you'll regret the second you chose to enter this cave… Slugma use Rock Throw the Aron use Mud Slap on the rocks."[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]
    Solid rock solidified from Slugma's droplets and went towards Wingull and Molotov. Aron followed up with a strong mud attack that went into the rock covering them entirely giving them a shape of what looked like mud meteorites. The meteorites were gaining speed heading to the two Pokémon.[/FONT]

"[FONT=Cambria, serif]This looks bad…"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]
    "Oh yeah, good job captain obvious!" [/FONT]

"[FONT=Cambria, serif]We have to try THAT move again , I know it can work but only if we really focus and act like one."[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]
    "Ok, one last chance..."[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]
    The two trainers looked confident, and had a brief feeling of hope this would work. They turned towards their Pokémon that were looking at them, nodded their heads and the Pokémon responded like they knew what the trainers wanted to tell them. Both trainers then shouted simultaneously.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]
    "Now... launch with full force!!"[/FONT]

"[FONT=Cambria, serif]That old thing……it will fail like the last two times."[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]
    Molotov and Wingull both launched the needed move for their combination move. The jet of water was flowing in the air having a strong current. The Ember was as powerful as the water , sparks of fire were flying in the air burning as they never burnt before. The fire was starting to rotate around the current of water slowly approaching the surface of it. They seemed like they wood dive in the water and get extinguished but to everyone's amazement the spark of fire were gracefully rotating around the water. The moves didn't cancel themselves, on the contrary it looked like they were powering each other.[/FONT]

"[FONT=Cambria, serif]That's not possible…"the grunt mumbled as he saw the fierce attack going into the mud meteorites.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]
    The meteorites got smashed into pieces by the fusion move but the attack was still going further towards Aron and Slugma. The mud meteorites didn't affect even one bit the attack. The in a second the fierce attack hit the to Pokémon sending them into the grunt and throwing them into the wall behind him knocking all of them unconscious. [/FONT]

"[FONT=Cambria, serif]That's teamwork…..great work Andy and thanks for helping me earlier."[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]
    "No-prob. I'm happy to help." [/FONT]

"[FONT=Cambria, serif]Why don't we put the grunt into a more comfortable position," David said sarcastically, as he pulled out a rope from his bag.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]
    "He he," chuckled Andy slightly menacingly. "I take it you're being sarcastic?" he asked. "If you have rope I hope you're being sarcastic..."[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]
    So that being done the two trainers decided to go further into the cave together leaving the grunt tied up to a stalagmite. They walked for about an hour on a long corridor having a bit of small talk referring to the previous battle. David saw at the end of the path what looked like some light.[/FONT]

"[FONT=Cambria, serif]Hey Andy maybe that's the exit."[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]
    "Either that or an Illumise..."[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]
    The two trainers rushed to the exit but they found themselves in what looked like a cavern. The source of the light from the stars and moon that were that could be seen from a big opening in the roof. The sky was clear and the fresh air came into the cavern refreshing the two trainers.[/FONT]

"[FONT=Cambria, serif]It's been a while since I felt the wind."[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]
    "We've only been in here for a few..." Andy checked his watch at those words. "Wow, over two hours..." [/FONT]

"[FONT=Cambria, serif]Provided that it's night why don't we spend the night here?" David suggested as the place looked very good sleeping and a camp fire.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]
    "Yeah sure, but getting firewood's going to be tough to find."[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]
    Andy made a fire with some branches he quite coincidentally found in the cave while David got from his backpack two cans of soup that he had and a small pot to heat them.[/FONT]

"[FONT=Cambria, serif]This will be our dinner for tonight," David said as he opened the two cans and poured them into the pot, and then putting that onto the fire.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]
    "Hmm, looks good," muttered Andy, taking in the smell of the warming meal.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]
    The soup was prepared fairly quickly and the two trainers sat down on two rocks next to the fire eating the warm soup.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]
    "Well, this was definitely more interesting than I had first thought it was going to be..." muttered Andy, as he took a spoonful of his soup.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]
    David nodded at the comment. "So, where are you from?"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]
    Andy turned back up from his soup to David, "Rustboro, you?"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]
    "Oh I heard it's a peaceful town like mine... Lilycove... but I used to live in the Kanto region."[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]
    "Lilycove, huh? I've never been there myself," replied Andy. "Nor Kanto for that matter."[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]
    Andy placed his soup down and pulled off the four Pokéballs from his belt. The four of them had been fantastic over the past few days, especially Suffix and Molotov due to the recent battle with the grunt. Andy dropped the four containers, which each split, releasing a flurry of red light, and slowly took the form of each individual.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]
    "Hope you don't mind. I've had a habit of letting them sleep outside of their Pokéballs ever since I started going across Hoenn."[/FONT]

"[FONT=Cambria, serif]I don't mind it at all , I usually let them out as well... speaking of which… guys come out and meet our new friends," David said as he put down the finished soup and released all of his Pokemon.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Cambria, serif]
    All the Pokémon were glad to be outside of their Pokéballs next to their trainers. All of Andy's Pokémon were staring at David's Pokémon until David broke the ice and told them to get along and spent some time together. Molotov and Numel having already known each other went to a nearby rock and sat there looking like they were talking , Zephyr And Wingull started racing each other in the air each trying to impress their trainer. Beautifly went straight for Belladonna mistaking her for a flower but after Ralts cleared the situation the two Pokémon happily played together. Ralts saw that Suffix was behind Andy so it went slowly at it not wanting to scare him and then talked a bit with it. After some minutes it was persuaded by Ralts to come join the others that were sitting in a circle playing with some rocks.[/FONT]

"[FONT=Cambria, serif]They are really having a good time together……they truly deserve some relaxation time."[/FONT]

[FONT=Cambria, serif]
    "Yeah..." muttered Andy, but then a thought struck him. "You know, we've only seen one grunt so-far. Who knows how many more are in here?"[/FONT]

"[FONT=Cambria, serif]Well it's been silent since we defeated the grunt, but in case there are more I think we're ready for them."[/FONT]

[FONT=Cambria, serif]
    "Yep, I haven't given Bella chance to do some damage yet," replied Andy, motioning to his Bellsprout.[/FONT]

[FONT=Cambria, serif]
    He took his last mouthful from his soup, eating it much faster than he thought he would have. Then again, he hadn't eaten since this morning...[/FONT]

"[FONT=Cambria, serif]Same for Beautifly and Ralts, but they'll get their chance. So how many badges do you have so far?"[/FONT]

[FONT=Cambria, serif]
    Andy fumbled around through his bag, which now lead beside him. He spent a few moments rummaging around it, trying to find the case which held his current badges.[/FONT]

[FONT=Cambria, serif]
    "Aww... c'mon, it's gotta be in here somewhere..." He threw his arm up holding a case "Got it!"[/FONT]

[FONT=Cambria, serif]
    Andy then clipped it open, and checked over the case. Most people would have remembered how many badges they had. Andy was no such person. The Rustboro badge was first, thanks to Bella. The next was Brawly, and thanks to Zephyr, managed to duck and weave around most attacks. Bella then resisted the Mauvile Gyms electric attacks, and then there was the situation with Flannery.[/FONT]

[FONT=Cambria, serif]
    "Four, in counting..."[/FONT]

"[FONT=Cambria, serif]So that makes us even… we've got four more badges and a lot of places to go," David said looking at the vast dark sky [/FONT]

[FONT=Cambria, serif]
    "Half way to the league. And then I plan to go all the way to the top... I guess we all do really," replied Andy to David's comment, and lead down, gazing at the gap in the roof,
    staring blankly and the eternal night.[/FONT]

[FONT=Cambria, serif]
    It was a fairly nice night tonight, and was surprisingly bright due to the lack of clouds. Bella seemed to be tired under the moon, but Zephyr loved it, and screeched loudly to herself.[/FONT]

"[FONT=Cambria, serif]Yup you'll reach the top... well, high enough so that I can beat you," David said just to lighten up the mood[/FONT]

[FONT=Cambria, serif]
    Andy raised a single eyebrow, although it would have been hard to tell in this kind of dark. "Ah touche my friend..." he muttered. "Remember, I was the one who saved you from that grunt..."[/FONT]

"[FONT=Cambria, serif]Right you are, but that doesn't mean anything, and one day maybe I'll return the favor… let's leave this talk for when we are face to face at the league,"[/FONT]

[FONT=Cambria, serif]
    "You're on..."[/FONT]

[FONT=Cambria, serif]
    At those words, Andy let his eyes slide close. He was tired after today, and sleep would be a good thing, ever if he fell asleep mid-conversation.[/FONT]

[FONT=Cambria, serif]
    "I have to warn ya' though... I'm not letting any of my tactics slip," Andy muttered, although then realized the mistake in his words. "Well, I say tactics... It's more or less making it up as I go along..."[/FONT]

"[FONT=Cambria, serif]Well you're face says it all… it's time we hit the sack… everybody time to go to sleep."[/FONT]

[FONT=Cambria, serif]
    Andy let himself drop off to sleep slightly, but was broken from this trance almost instantly.[/FONT]

[FONT=Cambria, serif]
    "Minus Zephyr, since she's nocturnal and all... Wait, my face says it all? What are you implying?" asked Andy, although slightly rhetorically.[/FONT]

[FONT=Cambria, serif]
    It was nothing, hopefully. Suffix shuffled himself over to Andy, and quickly fell asleep next to him. Bella waddled over to a small patch of plant-life, and nestled herself inside them.
    Molotov didn't sleep. Both his eyes were closed, but he continued to slide around the campfire, keeping warm and moving, probably subconsciously. Zephyr was the only one awake, taking flight to the skylight in the roof, and checking the surroundings. Andy just slept. No extra information or notes, he just fell asleep on the spot, acting more like Suffix than ever.[/FONT]

[FONT=Cambria, serif]
    "G-night..."[/FONT]

"[FONT=Cambria, serif]G-night…" replied David laying down.[/FONT]

[FONT=Cambria, serif]
    He was laying on one side with his face pointed towards Andy that was already sleeping. He put his head down and took Ralts into one of his arms, Beautifly went at the top of his head and gently cuddled around David. Wingull followed Zephyr around but eventually got tired and went and landed at David's back and put its beak on his neck and went to sleep. Numel was at David's feet at first being a bit shy to its new trainer but David noticed this and slowly took it under it other arm and started petting it until it feel asleep. All of them were calmly sleeping apart from Zephyr that apart from exploring the place was looking after the others. The two trainers started their day separately but now found themselves together looking after one another and trying to stop the evil magma team, that was still lurking in the cave…..[/FONT]

Last edited:

slls81

Years
  • @romdinner & Grifspark - Sorry for the delay in doing this, I'm currently in the middle of my exams so can't spend as much time as usual on PC. Anyway here we go...

@Grifspark -
    Congratulations Slugma (Molotov) grew to Level 13

@Romdinner -
    Congratulations Numel grew to Level 11 and learned Magnitude
    Congratulations Wingull grew to Level 16 and learned Mist

Years
  • Warren paused in his glaring for a moment. A small red card was poking out of the pocket of the grunt's jacket. Noticing his gaze, the magma grunt moved to cover it but Warren darted down and snatched the card out of his pocket. About the size of a credit card, it was red, plastic and had small writing engraved on it. As he examined it closer, his grin widened.

"A membership card. No wonder you didn't want us taking this." Warren looked over at Kris.

"We could infiltrate their ranks with this!" Pausing for a second, he looked back at the grunt, who was glaring at him hatefully.

"First things first, though. Let's call the police and get out of here. We've spent far too long in these damn caves."

Nakuzami

Years
  • Warren snatched a card from the grunt's pocket. Apparently it was a membership card. "A membership card? Seriously? What are you, some kind of club?" I then turned when I noticed a white glow from the corner of my eye. Both Dot and Wurmy were out of their pokeballs, and they were glowing.

"Whoa, a double evolution." I said as I watched the two change forms. Dot grew taller and obtained arms and legs. Wurmy's body grew slimmer and wings extended out of it.

When both pokemon finished evolving, I leaned down to them. "Congrats!" I shook Dot's hand and pet him on the head. I gave Wurmy a little hug before saying, "Finally, you're a Beautifly!" This was the entire reason I had raised Wurmy, and I was lucky when she had become a Silcoon.

I stood back up and turned to Warren, "Sorry to get distracted." I pulled out a cellphone and dialed 9-1-1. It rang twice before I got a voice. "Yeah, i'd like to report that Team Magma is inside Meteor Falls, and we have one of them captured." I waited for a reply, and then hung up the phone when I was told they were on their way. "Okay, let's go to the entrance with this one and wait for them. It seems like forever since i've seen daylight."

slls81

Years
  • The sound of blaring sirens swept over the previously tranquil meteor falls, as a score of police cars swept around the corner and screeched to a halt in front if the Rustboro entrance to the cave kicking up a cloud of dust. The dust eventually settled to reveal two young trainers stood just outside the entrance with a Magma Grunt laying at their feet, seemingly tied up.

Officer Jenny hopped out of her car and quickly made her way over to the two trainers. As she neared them, she could see that the Magma Grunt was being tied up by what looked like a pokémon's String Shot attack. 'We'll need to get him more secure than that' she thought to herself, before addressing the two trainers.

"Hello, I'm Officer Jenny," she said, introducing herself, "I'm assuming you're the boys who called the police?"

The two trainers merely nodded to confirm this fact.

"Good," Jenny remarked, before swiftly issuing orders to the rest of the officers.

"You two," she called, motioning to two officers, "Handcuff this Grunt, he could have some valuable information we need to track down Team Magma. We don't want him breaking that String Shot and sneaking away now do we? The rest of you search the Fall's and try to locate any straggling Grunts. We need to get as much information out of them as possible."

"You think we'll tell you anything pig?" smirked the bound Grunt, spitting on the ground as he was picked up roughly by two officers.

Jenny leant in very close to the Grunt before replying, "Oh, don't you worry we have our ways of 'encouraging' you to be co-operative," she then turned her attention to the officers. "Get him in the squad car and back to the station."

"Yes ma'am!" replied the two officers, as they handcuffed the Grunt and bundled him into the nearest squad car.

Once they had left, Officer Jenny finally turned her attention to the two trainers in front of her. It was only now that she noticed something in the older looking trainer's right hand.

"What's that you're holding there?" she demanded of the trainer, who made to hide the object.

"Look kid, we can do this the easy way or the hard way," Jenny said impatiently, "Either you hand whatever you were just over, or I will have you arrested and take it myself."

The young trainer swore, before grudgingly holding over a small red card. Jenny looked at it, and immediately asked where the young man had found it. He explained that he had taken it from the Grunt they had captured.

"Right," Jenny began, pocketing the card, "Well I'm going to be taking this as evidence..."

The young trainer immediately began to complain, but Jenny cut him off with a stern glance. While he may have stopped arguing, the young trainer certainly didn't look happy about it.

"Good, now I'm going to have to ask both of you to come down to the station and make a statement..."

This drew yet more swearing from the older trainer, and Jenny decided to try changing tact.

"Look kid, if you help us out maybe we can help you out," Jenny suggested. This stopped the tirade of swearing momentarily, "If this card is so important to you, maybe once we are done with it you can have it back?"

The young trainer contemplated the offer, before grudgingly accepting and getting into the car...

OOC: You don't actually have to type the statement, just start from outside of the Rustboro Police Station. If you are still in the cave, finish up and then have your characters meet one of the Police Officers looking for Magma Grunts. They will then take you back to the Station for a statement, and you go from there. Hope this is clear, as usual any questions ask away in the OOC thread. I'll try to get the next Route up asap. Hopefully tonight or tomorrow morning :)

Route 115

Head North out of Rustboro City and you will reach Route 115. Formally one of the most Rural routes in Hoenn, this small Route has recently become one of the most overcrowded areas on the continent. With the 'Hoenn Ferry Service' proving such a success, the route is crowded by people waiting around the newly built port to ride on the next ferry. Opening up the entrance to Meteor Falls also makes the route a popular destination for trainers looking to head to the Northern part of Hoenn.

OOC: Basically just head back to Meteor Falls. While there are no wild pokemon on the route, I'm sure with that many people around you will find something to do...

Last edited:

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
  • "Okay Sam, this way..."

No sound was made from behind Kliff. He turned around, "Sam?"

He wasn't there, "God damn it Sam, why now?" As soon as Kliff muttered this, a shuffling sound came from just up ahead. The light was a little dimmer now, so he couldn't see what it was. He screwed his eyes up in an attempt to better see, trying to figure out what the sound was. Eventually he made out the shape of a person about his height. Maybe...

"Sam, that you?" he hissed. The reply was a sudden bright light shining in his face and the person getting closer, fast,

"Got'cha!" the person who apparently wasn't Sam barked as he harshly tackled Kliff to the hard, rocky floor. The teenager blurted out on impact, groaning as his back became introduced to a newfound pain.

"What the hell!? Get off me!"

"Not a chance bub!" the man said, shining the torch in Kliff's face, "You're under arrest!"

"You what!?"

"You heard me - and we're after the rest of your fellow Magma cronies too!"

Oh for pete's sake. Now it made sense - what Kliff had trying to handcuff him was a misinformed police officer.

"That would be noble of you," he said, trying his best to keep his wrists away from the copper's grip, "If I was actually a part of Team Magma!!"

The policeman suddenly stopped struggling, his grip on Kliff loosened. The torchlight examined the teenager's attire, before the man let out some sort of foolish noise close to an, "Oh..."

"I don't even think I'm old enough to join..." Kliff continued,

"Excuse me," the copper said quickly, standing up and offering Kliff a hand, "I sincerely apologise. But you have to understand, we're busy looking for grunts and it's not often random teenagers happen to stroll through."

Kliff took the officer's hand, "Yea, I suppose so." After being pulled up, the man continued,

"However, I don't think you just happened to wander through this cave, did you?"

Kliff sighed, "Well, not really."

"I'll have to take you back to the station for a few questions and possibly a statement. I'll take you to the car right now infact, do you mind a trip to Rustboro?"

Kliff didn't have anything else to do in Rustboro since he'd gotten the Stone Badge. It seemed like so long now since that battle...

"Sure, no problem." he replied to the man, "I'm sick of this cave anyway."

The daylight met Kliff's eyes as uncomfortably as the officer's torch did earlier. It was approaching dusk now, and a number of policemen and women were dotted around, with a few Magma grunts captured too.

"There," the man said as he followed Kliff out of the cave, "that car's about to leave from the looks of things." He jogged over to it just in time and knocked on the window, which was lowered down in front of him,

"I found another witness here, Jenny." he said as Kliff approached the car. The officer nodded a few times before opening the passenger door, "there you go. Safe travels."

Kliff quickly stepped inside the car and shut the door behind him. The blue haired female officer began pulling out and towards Rustboro,

"I assume you three know each other?" she said. Kliff wore a confused expression. Three? He slowly tunred to face the back seats of the car, to see Kris and Warren sitting there.

"...Yea." Kliff replied before facing forwards again. If he was any good at remembering maps, then he expected them to reach Rustboro City soon.

[OOC: I don't want this post to be too long, so I've split it up :P]

sasuneuchiha

Neither Darkness nor Light...
    Years
  • "Kliff? Where the hell are you?!" Sam yelled. He'd lost Kliff. He'd taken 3 steps, and he'd lost him. Reason number three thousand seventy six why he would never have kids; he'd lose them far to quickly. Taking a small walk, he heard voices.

"...the Magmas, perhaps?" he whispered to himself. He snuck forward, only to discover that there was light over there. So the infamous caves did have an end. Route 115, if he remembered that map of his correctly. Sneaking forward, he could hear voices. Okay. Every action movie he'd ever seen pointed to one thing; he had to jump out and take a hostage. On three, then. One...two...

"THREE!" he yelled, leaping out and grabbing the nearest person. "Don't make a single move or the grunt gets it!"

"...kid, just WHAT IN THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?!" Sam realized, suddenly, that he was facing a police officer. Slowly turning his head, he made yet another discovery. His hostage was, ever conveniently, also an officer.

"Umm...er...taking a...hostage?" Sam stammered nervously. In his experience, whoever went after a cop generally found a number of other legal problems coming his way.

"...let the nice officer go. Now." The officer, who Sam realized now was female, was glaring at him. Sam let got, then slowly stepped back, his hands up. "Now, do you have anything to say?"

"...I'mreallyreallysorryma'ampleasedon'tthrowmeinjailIdon'twanttorotinprison!" Sam strewed a long sentence all together. All the officers, much to his confusion, laughed.

"Kid, we aren't going to throw you in jail. You're obviously just scared...wait a minute, aren't you...?" Sam sighed in relief.

"Yeah. Sam Saruno, Kanto League Champion. May I ask what you all are doing out here?" The female officer simply sighed.

"Following up on a tip, we came out here to grab the Magmas from this cage. I don't think we did a half bad job, either. What about you? A Kanto Champion being near an open investigation isn't odd at all."

"I was around. I fought a couple of them. They were pretty strong, but we won. Honestly, I'm thinking about just headed back to town, though. My team's been weakened. Do you have any suggestions?"

"Actually, yes. You'll be coming with us. Since you were here, you've got to go back to the station." Sam sighed.

"Sounds good, I guess..." Suddenly, his phone started ringing. Odd, he was certain that nothing important could've happened, and not many had his number. "Oh...sorry, I need to take this."

"Of course." The officer said. Sam stepped a ways away.

"Hello?"

"Sam Saruno?" a voice on the other end asked.

"Yes. May I ask who this is and how you got my number?"

"That's not important. You're looking for your team, correct?"

"...what of it?" This conversation was starting to interest him, though not necessarily for the right reasons.

"Well, what if I told you I could tell you where your team is right now?"

"I'd say you should've passed that information to the police a long time ago."

"Well, passing the police information is not easy for me, you see."

"What the hell do you mean?"

"I'm one of Team Magma's admins." Sam was speechless. Team Magmas? They'd contacted him? HOW?!

"...how the hell did you get this number?"

"We have our sources. Now, shall we talk favors?"

"...depends what you had in mind. Something along of the lines of you tell me and I turn you in works really well for me." This really pissed Sam off, that Magmas just so perfectly knew, and they wanted his help.

"No, not quite. I propose this, you do some work for us, we do some recon for you."

"And if I say no?"

"You won't, trust me, we know you."

"How can you know me? We've never met."

"Ah, but Sam, how can you know that? Regardless, think about that for me, will you?" The smugness in the person's voice was perhaps the most irritating thing Sam had ever heard.

"...screw you." That was all he could come up with.

"Ah, Sam. We await your answer anxiously. Call this number back at any time, but it will only work once. Do me a favor and make the right decision." The hung up.

"...damn Team Magma..." Sam whispered. All these horrible thoughts, all his fears that his team was under an evil group's jurisdiction may as well have been proven there.

"...what was that?" the officer asked. Sam sighed.

"My mother. My brother's sick, and she thought I should know. Overprotective and all, I'm used to it." he lied. They couldn't know anything...without realizing it, he was already considering this.

"...I see." Sam was hoping she wouldn't press further. To make abosolutly sure...

"So, how about we get going. That looks like just about everyone that could've been in that little place. It isn't a huge cave..." The officer nodded.

"Right then, let's get going."

OOC: And I'm back. Do not question this post, more shall come to be about this soon. Blame exams for my absence.

Years
  • OOC: Live, my beautiful roleplay! LIVE!

Warren was not in a good mood as he wandered out of the police station into the dimly lit streets of Rustboro. He'd spent most of the journey to the station in a moody silence, trying to ignore whatever the smell was that the last person to get arrested had left behind, as well as the cheery smiles on everyone else's face. As far as they were concerned, they'd busted a big Magma operation. As far as he was concerned, he'd failed yet again to find any sign of his missing team. Maybe he couldn't find them because they'd already been sold on, or enslaved by some of the admins, or...

Shaking his head to clear the bad thoughts, Warren looked down at the one good thing to come out of the whole mess, the small red card of plastic that might just get him the information he desperately needed. Pocketing the card, Warren let out a long sigh and looked around. It was getting pretty late, but there was no way he could sleep at the moment, not when he was getting closer and closer to finally rescuing his team. Pocketing the cards, he set off at a brisk pace towards the northern exit of the city, his mind already back at Meteor Falls. Right this second, the last few Magma grunts left there would be fleeing for safety. But where to? They couldn't head to Rustboro, the city was far too heavily policed to be safe. If they all headed back to Lavaridge, they'd cause too much panic there instead. So where then? Warren grinned. Of course! On the way to Rustboro, they'd passed what looked like a Ferry port. The team would probably be heading there to try and put some distance between them and the police. Reaching a busy road, Warren paused to wait for a break in the traffic and stumbled as somebody crashed into him from behind. He cursed loudly.

"Watch it!"

"Why don't you watch it, you idiot!" The voice, oddly familiar, sparked a memory and Warren looked up, frowning. Ethan. He saw recognition flash in the other boy's eyes and he turned to leave. Warren growled.

"Leaving so soon?" Realising he'd been recognised, Ethan turned back around, a clearly fake smile on his face.

"Warren! I didn't even recognise you!" Warren glared.

"Yeah. Sure. What're you doing in Rustboro anyway?" Ethan shoved his hands in pockets, not making eye contact.

"Nothing really. Just seeing people." Warren frowned, remembering what Guy had said. If he was right, then Ethan would be here to pick up more illicit TMs and evolution stones. Maybe even trading in the stolen Pokémon themselves.

"Okay, Ethan. Keep out of trouble." The younger trainer glared at him.

"If you want to say something, Warren, then just say it, that's really more your style." Warren ignored him, turning and striding wordlessly away across the road, although the dramatic effect was ruined slightly when he flailed his arms and leapt forwards to avoid a taxi cab. Ignoring Ethan's muffled laughter, Warren marched at top speed towards the edge of the city and took a few steps out onto the path.

Back on his own, he returned his attention to the card which the magma grunt had been carrying, inspecting it by the dim light. Overall, it didn't seem like very much to have gotten in return for some of the most boring hours of his life. Just the team name, with the name Owen Parker embossed underneath. Officer Jenny had told him that this was the name of the grunt who they'd taken it from, but that still didn't really help much. He flipped it over, already knowing that the other side was nothing but the magma symbol and an engraved serial number. And that was it. No clues on how to find any of them, contact them, or anything. For a brief moment, Warren considered snapping the card to see if there was any kind of microchip inside, but doing so would probably only have broken it anyway. Sighing, he pocketed the card and began to walk down the dark path at a brisk pace. After fighting his way through all of those Magma Grunts and finding nothing, he could only feel that he'd wasted his time and was no closer to finding his Pokémon. It was not encouraging, therefore, when he spotted a large crowd of people heading towards him, and one of them who looked about twelve looked up at him to shout:

"Hey, Trainer! Ready for a battle?"

Back