• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [Beta 1 Released] Yellow Advanced Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

HackChu

I need a haircut...
    Years
    Hey everyone. I have went back to using the original firered tiles because the ones I added were of another hack and plus they were incomplete. So I decided to mess with the palettes of the original tiles. How does this look?

[Beta 1 Released] Yellow Advanced Version

I also will be adding tiles to replace certain things like the pokemon center, gym, and marts. Please leave feedback.

HackChu

I need a haircut...
    Years
    EDIT:Guys I've decided to release a Beta on my current progress. This is here just to see what EVERYONE thinks. It stops again at May but there are major improvements since my last release. Like I said before, sense it's only me things get hard from time to time but I've got some things down. I'm still learning how to work with palettes and stuff, also I'm learning how to change the logo and background of titlescreens. As I have announced on the first page I will no longer be using a Ash OW. Why? Well first it's because there aren't any good Ash OW's. Most of them walk weird and such. Second, Yellow didn't change it's sprite much just added on to it much like Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum. I also think that adding Ash will only let things seem like the game is part of the anime. So no Ash OW's and sprites. The girl might get changed to Yellow. I will be however editing Red a little. What I mean is changing the OW some and the sprites as well. So there will be changes with the heroes. Now than...

Here is the Beta.
    View attachment 52501

PLEASE leave a comment about this game. Thank you all please enjoy my hard work and let me know of any bugs, glitches with a screenshot and detailing what the bug is.

Last edited:

HackChu

I need a haircut...
    Years
    Wow has anyone even downloaded my game? It's been here for a while and no ones said a word. I might just quit if no one is going to bother, what's the point working so hard on something if no one seems to notice.

Years
    Wow has anyone even downloaded my game? It's been here for a while and no ones said a word. I might just quit if no one is going to bother, what's the point working so hard on something if no one seems to notice.

You need to be patient man, it been like only 15 hours since you released the beta and that is not super long. How far have you got?

ADD ON: Just realized what you mean, if u do decide to stop this I would understand.

Last edited:

HackChu

I need a haircut...
    Years
    You need to be patient man, it been like only 15 hours since you released the beta and that is not super long. How far have you got?
    I know it's just that I really want people to see what they think about this. It stops before you get to Mt.Moon. Don't worry the paths needed are blocked off. But I'm sure that you guys might enjoy the events before Mt.Moon.

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2023
    I might just quit if no one is going to bother, what's the point working so hard on something if no one seems to notice.
    You mean you're only making this hack for random people on the internet that you don't even know?

Really, you should enjoy your hack. IMO, there's no point in hacking for other people. I hack for myself, and if people stopped posting in my thread, I wouldn't quit. I would keep working until it's finished so I can enjoy my own hack.

Co500

Nostalgia Edition
    Years
    tyson whats the point because every time you release a beta or change tiles you just say im gunna quit well saying that wont get sympathy from us itl just make us confused like WTH (what the hell (didnt wont to swear lol)) and we'll just see this hack fail because you think no one is looking at this thread. y'know not everyone find yellow remakes good some poeple like new stroyline games some anime and some remakes maybe all 3 of them but people are different.

HackChu

I need a haircut...
    Years
    but the thing that upsets me is that there are 50 million gold and silver remakes out there and people comment the crap out those threads heck nintendo came out with their official remakes and people are still making/commenting on those hacks but no one has one mine much despite the hard work i do.

Co500

Nostalgia Edition
    Years
    one shiny gold is good and there fore people tried to make there won remake im not saying there all good or bad but one thing quit moaning no one is gunna take interest in your hack if all they read about you is arguing and more and more moaning and like someone said in previous posts the hack should be for yourself the enjoyment now a few days of popularity so instead of moaning get things done ask people to work with you and if they say no then ask someone else or make a team thread.

HackChu

I need a haircut...
    Years
    I'm not moaning or arguing its just sad that most the people on this forum are working on a G/S remake and everyone flocks to their thread like it's buttered toast even though Nintendo has made their own. But yeah I will make it for myself but the excitement will go down since the only person I'm pleasing is myself. And I've made a team thread but no ones said much. But meh all well if im pleasing myself I should get the thread closed and such.

HackChu

I need a haircut...
    Years
    Ok, I was planning an sequel to this game. A new region but you still play as Red and pikachu. So Im saying this because well if its a sequel than you might wanna play the prequel eh?

HackChu

I need a haircut...
    Years
    No it was going to be a region called Shinto. It will take place 4 years after Yellow Advanced but when I'm done with this I will make a thread for that hack. It's still under some sort of development containg the story and stuff.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    No it was going to be a region called Shinto. It will take place 4 years after Yellow Advanced but when I'm done with this I will make a thread for that hack. It's still under some sort of development containg the story and stuff.
    Ah, so maybe you could rip off the tileset from a different beta of Shiny Gold this time?

Swimmer Ryan

Training Water Types Since '99
    Years
    The reason no one wants to play a Yellow remake is because it has no difference to Fire red, apart from a few little things. With GSC remakes, people love them because at the moment you can't get and english remake of GSC and also it's so much easier to play it on VBA.
    Seeing as you're not able to be with Pikachu in this hack, ( I'm not blaming you for that I know it's impossible ) people won't want to play your hack.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back