• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Better "yin yang" types instead of Fire & Electric

©ereal Killer

Illusions or Real Illusions ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2011
    Actually, I'm it comes out neutral.

Fire -> Ice (x2) Dragon (x0.5) = Neutral damage
    Ice -> Fire (x0.5) Dragon (x2) = Neutral damage

No change. Pretty cool, though I like the triangle thing better, personally.

Oh... But thank you though for the calculations.
    Now i think that is just perfect. Both pokemon have no advantage over each other...

supershade

destruction............de spair
    Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2015
    Fire is natural light source and Electricity is an unnatural light source...

They are Yin and Yang just as good as Normal and Ghost... Which would suck at Legends...Alot of people requested Light and alot more showed them how stupid the idea was...

Fire and Elec is the best Yin and Yang combo in my opinion...
    But please ignore the yin yang of
    FIRE
    and
    ICE
    But I do understand the yinyang of elec and fire

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
    Ok, this game is SCREAMING at me Yin Yang I mean look:
    Black and White
    Fire and Electric
    Natural and Technogical
    and wayy more

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    Reshiram is fine with it's typing. Here's why. Yang, by contrast, is fast, hard, solid, focused, hot, dry, or aggressive; and is associated with fire, sky, the sun, masculinity and daytime. However Reshiram's doesn't make sense. Yin is characterized as slow, soft, yielding, diffuse, cold, wet, or tranquil; and is associated with water, earth, the moon, femininity and nighttime.

Glane Lettuce and Tomato

The One and Only Muffin Man
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 5, 2011
    They're a bit awkward, but also rather appropriate.

Too often one legendary of a duo can easily beat the other:
    Lugia > Ho-Oh due to Water moves.
    Kyogre > Groudon due to typing.
    Dialga > Palkia both Draon, but Dialga has a resistance to Water.

While both members of this duo are Dragon types, one of their Secondary types doesn't to double damage to the other.

tsutaajafan95

#1 Tsutaaja fan
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2010
    a light type to balance out dark and psychic to make a trio of sorts would be epic.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    No a Light type is not needed and it would ruin the game we already have types that cover light anyway.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
    Y'know what else is yin yang?
    Electric & Electric because of Thunder & Lightning

Oh I used to be for Light type cause I wanted a Good vs Evil theme but thats not gonna happen
    I'm also not longer for it because 1. Reshiram is not a light type and 2. a light type would **** up the type chart

Years
    Reshiram should stick to being a Dragon/Fire while Zekrom should change to Dragon/Ice, then it'd be epic.

A totally win - win situation if you ask me, Reshiram being a fire type which is effective against ice while Zekrom's ice attacks are super effective against the dragon type.

Actually, I'm pretty sure it comes out neutral.

Fire -> Ice (x2) Dragon (x0.5) = Neutral damage
    Ice -> Fire (x0.5) Dragon (x2) = Neutral damage

No change. Pretty cool, though I like the triangle thing better, personally.

Oh... But thank you though for the calculations.
    Now i think that is just perfect. Both pokemon have no advantage over each other...

Wow, I never thought about how the Dragon resistances would play into the duo, making fire and ice, for once, completely equal to each other. Now I think it's just a missed opportunity, and I think I may have to go draw another two fakemon.

KanadeTenshi

Banned
    Years
    Well Ground and Water are a good yin yang type, that's why Groudon and Kyogre had those too bad they took those two types, hmm, Water vs. Fire is also a good yin yang combo :)
    Ground and Water isn't such nice types. The whole idea in gen 3 wasn't even actually types, it was the sun vs rain.

As for me, I don't really care as long as they don't suck in online play and have a sprite you can look at and a good movepool.

Black Ice

[XV]
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2024
    If the third member of the trio is Dragon/Ice, then it would make sense again. Fire/Lightning/Ice is a pretty common element trio in RPGs.

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2010
    Fire is natural light source and Electricity is an unnatural light source...

They are Yin and Yang just as good as Normal and Ghost... Which would suck at Legends...Alot of people requested Light and alot more showed them how stupid the idea was...

Fire and Elec is the best Yin and Yang combo in my opinion...

I find that fairly funny because Zekrom would then represent unnatural light in a natural environment (White Version) and Reshiram would represent natural light in an unnatural environment (Black Version).

I don't see that happening because the direction they are taking really has nothing to do with light sources. Well... in a vague sort of way I suppose that it could, but not in a large enough manner to dedicate legendary Pokemon to the notion. I see more of a sky theme going on, especially after having seen the Best Wishes teaser.

Fire and Electric may not have anything to do with the story at all in my opinion. What does Water and Steel have anything to do with Time and Space?

Though, if you haven't noticed Electric > Water > Fire > Steel when compared to D/P legendary Dragons...

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Fire and electric are fine. Zekrom and Reshiram were designed to fit these two types. Normal and ghost, or anything else just is....blehhh. Not a type I'd expect for uber-legendaries.

SgtPatches

i has a beard
    Years
    When was there an implication that a theme of balance and yin and yang would be part of Pokemon B/W's plot?

Palantides

Village Idiot
    Years
    Technically Electric and Fire are not Yin and Yang. With a proper study of Taoism, you'll find that Fire and Electricity would be classified as Yang-Yang.

Yang being bright, active, upward, hot, expanding, light and strong.

A better Yin-Yang type would be Fire and Water, electricity and ground, etc.

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
    I think it makes sense, also going along with the version differences--white forest and black city. (Also the one town that looks different) White seems more traditional, hence fire as energy source for light and heat; whereas black seems very advanced and technological, hence electricity for an energy source. but then that gets messed up because the white one (fire type) is in black version and the black one (electric type) is in white version.

Back