• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Better "yin yang" types instead of Fire & Electric

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
    Years
    I think it would be cool if the two pokemon were normal and ghost types.
    it is true that their signiture moves wouldn't affect each other. but why do the moves have to be normal and ghost type.
    the pokemon could be dragon/normal dragon/ghost thus allowing their signiture moves to be of the dragon type but resemble the normal and ghost types.
    like with dialga and palkia. dialga's signiture move resembles time and palkia's signiture move resembles space.i meen who doesn't like the dragon type and we all know that there are few dragon type pokemon out there compared to other types.
    so two more legendary "ying yang" "normal ghost"/dragon type pokemon would be awesome.
    new 120 or even 150 or maybe 200 power dragon type moves exclusive to 2 awesome looking pokemon being the only move of there type and power.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    No, I think you lot are all missing the point here...

Yin and Yang are equal.....just dragon and..uhhh...dragon.

It's the primary types that do the yin/yang part.

Fire and Electric are the traditionalism versus modernism part of it (fire's traditional heat and light, electric is 20th century onwards heat and light).

And definitely not ghost/dragon...don't ruin Giratina's awesomeness by making something else with those types.

Echidna

Years
    No, I think you lot are all missing the point here...

Yin and Yang are equal.....just dragon and..uhhh...dragon.

It's the primary types that do the yin/yang part.

Fire and Electric are the traditionalism versus modernism part of it (fire's traditional heat and light, electric is 20th century onwards heat and light).

And definitely not ghost/dragon...don't ruin Giratina's awesomeness by making something else with those types.

ok well in that case dragon could still be a common type between the two but it seems that having an electric type legendary pokemon seems weak, i meen come on. i never really liked zapdos nor raikou. its just weak. i hate this type because whoever's making its attacks is making them weak and ineffective. i mean there's no electric attack similar to one of the strong fire, water , or grass attacks. i meen here's a list.
    super fire attacks: overheat
    eruption
    blast burn
    grass: leafstorm.
    water:hydro cannon.

where's an electric attack with 130+ power.
    and moreover, the ground type is a very strong and dangerous type and knowing that the electric type is ineffective against the ground type while the ground type is super effective against the electric type makes all electric type pokemon including zekrom have an extreme disadvantage against the ground type.
    i've always hated and always will hate the electric type. the only cool looking electric type pokemon is electivire. and zekrom looks awesome and a little evil. common how could such an awesome and cool looking pokemon be of the elctric type.
    IS SOMEONE FEELING ME HERE ????????

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
    Years
    Yin/Yang is described as a balance of two EQUALS.

As water is better than fire, it cannot be yin/yang.
    As grass is stronger than water, it cannot be yin/yang.
    As rock is triumphant over fire, it also cannot be yin/yang.
    As the air is victorious over the ground, it also cannot be a yin/yang pairing.

Two equals, a balance.
    Fire and Electric types do almost(if not exactly) the same damage to one another.
    They are equals, they are balanced, they form a perfect yin/yang pairing.

As long as one has advantage over the other, it is not a balance of equals and thus not yin/yang.
    Think, good versus evil. They are always in balance. Where there is dark, there is light.
    And no, not Pokemon type wise. Most dark type pokemon are referred to as such for their dirty tactics in battle, as opposed to the element of darkness.

Echidna

Years
    yeah so whats wrong with the normal and ghost types pairing. neither of them effects the other and in most beliefs they have equal places in our world so it could be considered a yin/yang pair up. and anyways, it is the same as dark and light. the normal type is the presence of the body and a little soul that drives it and the ghost types is the presence of a soul with a little body that makes it seen to the human eye. i meen how else could we see the ghost type pokemon. we can't see the soul of any pokemon so what we see in ghost pokemon is not the soul itself it's just a little percentage of the existance of a body. thats why it is transparent and usually not seen in the light because its too faded for light to reflect of its body.

sorry I just like to completely explain everything i say because most people don't understand a thing i say.

Back