• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Biggest disappointment?

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
  • My biggest disappointments for these three games were the fact that there were too many evolutions of previous Pokemon, pre evolutions and too many legendaries that I felt were just not needed. As for Pokemon Platinum, my disappointment was the Battle Frontier not having 7 brains like Pokemon Emerald did.

:t354:TG

SuperTreaz

The Elder of Dunsparce
    Years
  • Hmm, the running speed. Even with running shoes it takes you forever! It took me 10 minutes to get from the contest town to solaceon! With NO BATTLES!

Sul_Zala

Collector of tales
    Years
  • I got back to Pokemon with those games, so I rather like them, but the biggest disappointment was the lack of Dive as an HM. I really, really, really loved the Dive areas in Sapphire.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Omg this game is soooooo slowwwww. I had to beat Pearl to transfer starters from Firered to White, but it was just so hard for me because even if it didn't take much longer than other games, it just felt like it did. Ugh.

Plus the beginning was so long before I could catch Pokemon so it took forever to transfer starters up. ;;

Dragonite's Wrath

Dragons are my Heart and Soul
    Years
  • No story to the Old Chateau. It's an awesome place and they should have given it a purpose(besides Rotom) They should have made it 5x bigger than it is, and had a Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time puzzle like the one in the Water Temple. All the different floors and everything. And instead of the Tekitites, all the water and the Temple Boss Morphos, have the place filled with Gastly, Haunter, and any other Ghosts I'm forgetting.
    And add more Human Ghosts(Little Girl, Butler,... Old Women? not sure about her), the picture with eyes, the statue, and make them part of the Mystery of the Old Chateau.
    Thats really it, and you now know what would have liked to see

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • It's really the text speed for me. It's so slow. Well, maybe it was because I played it right after the amazingly fast White, but still. =/
    It honestly felt like I was waiting like a minute just to get through a turn.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Useless HMs like Rock Climb and Defog, as well as the ridiculously slow surfing and ugly new evos of previous Pokemon.

I also hated the annoying-as-heck rival and trainers dressed like Pikachu are just plain creepy.

kaiser32

Rhymin' and Stealin' ~
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2013
    Useless HMs like Rock Climb and Defog, as well as the ridiculously slow surfing and ugly new evos of previous Pokemon.

I also hated the annoying-as-heck rival and trainers dressed like Pikachu are just plain creepy.

This. I can't stand the awkwardly timed battles, maybe it's just me but sometimes, I get screwed when I come across a Trainer who of course has enough pokemon to destroy me team.

Oh, and why didn't they give Looker a deeper back-story? I really enjoyed him in Platinum.

sure25

Open Agent (For Now)
    Years
  • The difficulty level was mine. In pearl all you need to win the game is a lvl 60 Infernape and a level 55 Palkia. In Diamond, I had to get all of these pokemon because Dialga was so horrible at defeating the elite four.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    Being slow was number one. It didn't help that you had to travel a lot and backtrack before you even get Fly. The snow in Snowpoint City was another annoying thing...
    I also had to keep my HM Slaves with me the whole time to get around.
    In Platinum, the Battle Frontier wasn't as difficult as the Emerald one, seeing the opponent's levels barely matching you at times.
    On the other hand, it had my favorite Pokemon like Lucario/Gallade/Infernape/etc.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2012
    The game was pretty slow itself and just seemed so bland. It took so long to go through the region and all of that but it was still an ok game, i didn't totally hate it.

NewThrill

Athlete
    Years
  • The game was pretty slow itself and just seemed so bland. It took so long to go through the region and all of that but it was still an ok game, i didn't totally hate it.

I totally agree with you. I played Diamond entirely a few times, and each time I had some misconception that it would go along faster than the time before. I think the storyline and overall content is a drag, which really bogged down my playing time.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Boring.... (yawn). It is way to slow, the graphics are terrible, massive lack of firetypes, it is boring, its boring, it is not fun and its boring.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • Come to think of it, the lack of fire-types was kind of a disappointment. I remember in Diamond that I was forced to use Rapidash if I wanted a fire type as I chose Piplup. :\ And I also remember it taking forever to get a Ponyta to evolve (it evolved around Snowpoint City IIRC) Actually, the biggest disappointment has to be the lack of slots in Pokemon Platinum (I have the European version. ;o;)

Years
  • My biggest disappointment is the lack of a Wi-fi event for the Azure Flute. I never got to go to the Spear Pillar D;

Even though I got Arceus from other events...

AcePokeCollector

On the hunt for new Pokemanz
    Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    Slow... Combat... OMG...

Everything else- the lack of certain types, the disparity in trainer levels, the curious irrelevance of the Battle Frontier- is dismissable. Slow battling is a real drag, bro.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    The story was long, there were nearly events at every city, and the gameplay took forever. I remember that this game caused me to take a lot longer to finish, taking something about nearly 19-20 hours in gameplay. I hated going to the top of Spear Pillar, and the snow around Snowpoint City was a nightmare. And the Great Marsh, with the slowest walking speed in the waters.

I actually had faster battles, but that would probably be because that I was horribly over leveled and I OHKO'd everything.

Back