• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Biggest disappointment?

Simmy93

Aspiring Emulator
    Years
    In short things were too spacey. Also Arceus being a pokemon is ridiculous. The key to life and creation? In the hands of a ten year old? The NG Cats had a valid point..

Years
    In short things were too spacey. Also Arceus being a pokemon is ridiculous. The key to life and creation? In the hands of a ten year old? The NG Cats had a valid point..

I know right! How can the Pokémon God have been caught in a Pokéball I mean seriously? xD Ten year olds controlling God. My brother thought Bidof was the best Pokémon for a while in that game xD, I don't know why though lol. Maybe because he thought it was derp.

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2012
    3 words, Worst Game Ever. The plot line was ridiculous, I wanted to stop playing it after the first 2 days. I got to the point where I used an Action Replay to skip all of it.. XD

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
    Years
    I had nothing against D/P as it was one the best games I played. And besides, no pkmn game was horrible to me. BUT, I gotta Admit, the text speed and Battle was A HUGE ISSUE! I hated that thing, it was sooooo slow! It made the game unplayable.

Everything else was almost fine to me, The pokemons were cool, music is good, plot is nice..just like any other pkmn game. Its just that slow speed that was TEASING.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2012
    Yes those are slow.

About story...
    Well, i don't like any of pkm stories. So D/P/Pt doesn't make any difference.
    Still better than the anime though.

About the game itself...
    Hmmm, i like it. Pokeradar, swarming, target a 5 stars trainer card. I have fun with this.

About Arceus and god of creation thing, don't forget Nintendo never distributed the item to unlock it. There is only the movie arceus distibuted.
    Anyway if there was a good anime about it, an impressive battle between a fantastic trainer and a wild Arceus could change your mind.

What i dislike the most were the ticket events. Never distributed for Diamond and Pearl, only for Platinum.
    You bought Diamond and Pearl? Well thanks but now go buy Platinum or you won't get any wi fi event.
    It's not nice from Nintendo.

Edit:
    About the Red Gyrados
    Well... he is in D/P/Pt.
    But to find it... humm... fish like hell whereever there are gyrados and prey to get it shiny.

Edit 2
    Sorry Bobandbill. It was on first page and so i didn't check the date.
    Not that far from one month though ^^

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Bumped... but I'll keep this open and see how it goes. But please don't post in threads with no posts for a month of longer in them.

PelipperMail

Banned
    Years
    Diamond and Pearl seemed to travel very slowly. Surfing was excruciatingly slow, I'm not sure why GameFreak would have done that. Battling, I can't quite pinpoint it, seemed quite slow as well. Sometimes I turned off Battle Scene while grinding, which I usually never have to resort to. The Great Marsh... just outside of Pastoria.... those damn swamp things. Ugh, I searched around for at least a few hours looking for some sort of boots to wear so I could travel through it, to no avail.

Platinum seemed to fix most problems had, however; such as the slow surfing speed. But the Great Marsh is still the same :\

Last edited:

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
    Years
    When I played the 4th Gen games again, I thought to myself how the hell did I play these games? They were so slow and tedious to go through, it took me hours to get to the second gym. So I'd so the speed of text and gameplay is the biggest dissapointment for me.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
    Well in Diamond and Pearl, all the things you mention annoyed the hell out of me, especially the gym leaders/Elite 4 that didn't have Pokemon of their type. I think Platinum fixed all this though, so it wasn't a disappointment.

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
    The lack of fire types for me. I always choose the water type starter first and I was using only sinnoh pokemon on my first playthorugh so I had no fire type. Not a big deal but just annoying

That FRIEKING great marsh was one of the wprst ideas in pokemon history. Getting stuck in mud is extremely annoying and there are hardly any good pokemon in there.

Last edited:
    Years
    I hated how they completely destroyed the Battle Frontier. I LOVE the Emerald Frontier so I was really excited when i heard the Battle Frontier was coming back. Two of the same facilites wasn't what I had in mind.

That and the fact that Snowpoint City is just so far out of the way. It's like they realized, "Oh f***, we didn't fill our region size requirements! Let's just stick a city way up here and put a Gym there so the region becomes twice as big!"

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2017
    I hated that there were only TWO fire type lines until the postgame. One was a Starter which I didn't choose, and the other was Ponyta/Rapidash (which is... not one of my favorites, tbh). Also, some things could've been faster.

Years
    I hated that there were only TWO fire type lines until the postgame. One was a Starter which I didn't choose, and the other was Ponyta/Rapidash (which is... not one of my favorites, tbh). Also, some things could've been faster.

However, if you're a Diamond player you can get Skuntank, which learns Flamethrower.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    However, if you're a Diamond player you can get Skuntank, which learns Flamethrower.
    And if you have Platinum it's not an issue with the inclusion of Pokemon like Houndour.

I hated how they completely destroyed the Battle Frontier. I LOVE the Emerald Frontier so I was really excited when i heard the Battle Frontier was coming back. Two of the same facilites wasn't what I had in mind.

That and the fact that Snowpoint City is just so far out of the way. It's like they realized, "Oh f***, we didn't fill our region size requirements! Let's just stick a city way up here and put a Gym there so the region becomes twice as big!"
    Snowpoint's route was aannoying, certainly (even with the nice music, imo anyways), but I personally wasn't annoyed at some different facilites replacing others. Not because I didn't like Emerald's (I did) but it was nice to try some different challenges imo.

Lezza

The Guy who loves Braviarys
    Years
    And if you have Platinum it's not an issue with the inclusion of Pokemon like Houndour.
    Only Diamond and Pearl had a lack of types, Platinum had Flame Wheel on Ponyta, Magby, Houndour and Flareon. Anyway apart from Fire types, Nothing
    DPt was my fave games

Years
    The story line was far too short >.< I love the longer games (HG, SS). This game in particular was unbelievably quick. (Or maybe it was just me wizzing through the game.) It was pretty bland.

Last edited:

Giraffe

キリンリキ
    Years
    Like most people, the game speed irritated me.

But also the font used for the moves (when in battle) is absolutely terrible! It's like an attempted 3D, sludgy grey effect...

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    I actually .. didn't think it was fast at all o.o I can remember having put so many hours in that game and there was so much to do and I loved it! But maybe that's because compared to B/W, the game is kind of sloggy. My biggest disappointment was probably the gym leaders, of which I only really liked one or two (Maylene, and Gardenia a bit)

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    Having a few fire-types was a disappointment to me, it was okay, but it was hard to pick one and to train them. :'( .. Also, the low-leveled trainers are annoying!

Back