• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Black city/White Forest??

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I really love the idea of the cities having slight differences in each version but it may effect things like the anime wont it?
    I think I want the version with Black City (which im guessing is Black...?)

beca

◔_____◔
    Years
  • Oh woah, interesting :O I had no idea about these version exclusive areas. Choosing a version will be even harder now ~_~

A version exclusive gym would be pretty cool as well. If black and white were to have version exclusive gyms however, I'd like to see what happens in this gen's third version o_o another version exclusive gym, or both gyms from the previous versions?

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • This is what I don't get. If Black had the Forest and Old towns (Reshiram lights with Fire) then I don't want to get it. I want the Electrical town but that will be Zeckrom on White... o_O

I dunno, I've grown to like Reshiram but I always liked Zeckrom first which is now over-ratted. I want the modern town :( Game Freak are smart, this is a great marketing trick to get people to buy both. *sigh* I'll just stick with the past.

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    I just hope to GameFreak that Cellbear is on White and Gagoth is on Black... xD

This is what I don't get. If Black had the Forest and Old towns (Reshiram lights with Fire) then I don't want to get it. I want the Electrical town but that will be Zeckrom on White... o_O

I dunno, I've grown to like Reshiram but I always liked Zeckrom first which is now over-ratted. I want the modern town :( Game Freak are smart, this is a great marketing trick to get people to buy both. *sigh* I'll just stick with the past.

Zekrom is on White Version already and Reshiram is on Black Version...

White: Zekrom and Black City (If the town is running on Zekrom like you said)
    Black: Reshiram and White Forest (If Reshiram lights up the Forest)

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • This is what I don't get. If Black had the Forest and Old towns (Reshiram lights with Fire) then I don't want to get it. I want the Electrical town but that will be Zeckrom on White... o_O

Pick which one you want, the legendary is only a one time thing anyways...

valor555

The Only Light in the Deep Sea
    Years
  • The moment i heard White forest i was hooked but then i find out that white has the dragon electric type 0.o (which IMO is better than Dragon/Fire) i know i am getting white ^^

Calder

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    I'm assuming that the Black City/White Forest areas are that area on the map that has the two-tone city.

Here?

2qjh9fr.png

Is that what you mean?

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    with this nature vs manmade arguement, i'm starting to think zekrom IS a man made machine that looks like a giant robo frog. and zekrom *i mean reshiram*, idk really but just something natural and hates zekrom.

Last edited:

Calder

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    with this nature vs manmade arguement, i'm starting to think zekrom IS a man made machine that looks like a giant robo frog. and zekrom, idk really but just something natural and hates zekrom.

Zekrom the Giant Robotic Frog that is natural and hates Zekrom...

Makes. Perfect. Sense.

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 20, 2013
    So, most people have caught on to the fact that one (or more) of the cities will differ between versions. One version has a lot more trees and flowers (natural), whereas one features a cold, futuristic style (artificial). As many have pointed out, Reshiram and Zekrom could represent natural and artificial light (Fire vs. Electricity). So, it seems that B/W will focus on this issue, seeing as Isshu has been described as being more technologically advanced.

Years
  • I would love to see the different versions be very different from each other, while maintaining the same experience. Everything I've heard on this thread makes me more and more excited. If there were a version-exclusive gym, or even more version-exclusive locations, I would love it.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 7, 2015
    Is it confirmed that the majority of Isshu is different for each version? Because I was under the impression that those two images next to each other were White Forest and Black City respectively, and that that's the only difference between the two games, other than the Pokemon that is.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • Is it confirmed that the majority of Isshu is different for each version? Because I was under the impression that those two images next to each other were White Forest and Black City respectively, and that that's the only difference between the two games, other than the Pokemon that is.
    Pokebeach also mentioned that there will be more differences.
    There will be cities that look different based on the version even though they are the same city.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I just hope to GameFreak that Cellbear is on White and Gagoth is on Black... xD

Zekrom is on White Version already and Reshiram is on Black Version...

White: Zekrom and Black City (If the town is running on Zekrom like you said)
    Black: Reshiram and White Forest (If Reshiram lights up the Forest)

Waaaaiiiiiit a minute. I thought Black City was in the Black version, and the White Forest in the White version. I'm pretty sure the only opposites are the legendaries themselves.

Calder

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    Waaaaiiiiiit a minute. I thought Black City was in the Black version, and the White Forest in the White version. I'm pretty sure the only opposites are the legendaries themselves.

I was explaining what he said if what he said was true

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
    Years
  • Here?

2qjh9fr.png

Is that what you mean?
    Yeah, I think that by making it two toned on the map it shows how it can changed depending on the version. Before I found out about these version-exclusive areas I thought that it would be like a town with opposing sides, but it makes more sense now.

Back