• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Black or White: Which will you choose?

Which version will you get?

• Black

Votes: 202 33.7%
  • White

Votes: 186 31.0%
  • I'll wait for the third version.

Votes: 62 10.3%
  • Or I'll just get both!

Votes: 150 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
    Bah. I chose White a while back, now I can't change my opinion, I want Black because of Reshiram :D

billi1000

The Ruler of Darkness - Zekrom
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2014
    since it was confirmed that both version have significant differences in game other than the exclusive pokemon, its going to be a much harder choice for the fans to pick if they have only one choice, so i guess getting both is the best solution :D

MrsNorrington

Lady Loki
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Fl
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    I will buy both of course!!! I will play Pokemon Black primarily, because I love the legendary Pokemon that is the mascot for that game -the white legendary Pokemon Reshiram. I haven't yet developed a taste for the Pokemon White mascot Zekrom...

It's always good to buy both games if you can. That means double the event giveaways, and you can always trade with yourself to get all 3 starters and such (if you have access to two DS's).

I am so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So excited that I wish I could learn Japanese and somehow buy it imported from Japan so I can get it in fall instead of spring...But I don't really mind at all that it comes out in spring because my birthday is in March, so that means I won't have to worry about having the money for the games! Birthday present! Just like SS/HG was my present this year! ^.^

Everyone is mentioning a third game? Is that rumor/speculation? Or confirmed?

SpawnHyuuga

Elite Four Spawn
    Years
    For now a third game is just speculation, just like MagmaRuby and AquaSapphire. None of these are confirmed except for Black and White.

In the mean time, I still plan on getting White and a DS (XD) sometime soon, just because Zekrom looks so awesome!

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Both me and my sister want Black because of Reshiram >_> Gahh, I'll probably end up getting White because of her D:

Filozofio

Hand Over The Candy
    Years
    More than likely, I'll get white, but I'm aiming to get both. >:3

It also depends on the exclusives, so it can switch from wanting the one game to the other.

Hibaru

Advanced Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    I'll buy both of course! The reason is :
    -I'll choose different gender each game (Male in White and Female in Black.).
    -So I can catch Both Legendary mascot.
    -Be able to trade over the Starters to my main Game (White Version).
    -Who knows, maybe the New Evolution needs to Trade w/t Item to Evolve.
    -Some cool Pokemon may exclusive in each game.
    That's the reason I'll buy both.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2012
    lol Right now I'm leaning more towards the Black version because of Reshiram.
    But it still depends on the other pokemon that I want to form my team with.
    I still think both of the mascots look sort of odd... but I suppose reshiram is the better looking one.

Hibaru

Advanced Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    They're not simple as the previous Gen mascots to me. Both are really complicated design and very monstrous looking! But still better to me. They're both like a Dragon robot-like to me, since I got the new Info about they're related to Computer terms thing.

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
    Years
    From what I've been hearing elsewhere, the games stories are going to be slighty more different this time round from just the different legendary mascot thing.

I'll be getting all 3 anyway.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
    At first I would have said Black but turns out the cooler legendary is in White.
    Zekrom is Epic Win!
    Eventually I'll get all three.

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2010
    I think I will be getting White version...but hopefully I'll just get both. Doesn't really matter to me really.

locoroco

Ginga Densetsu Weed ANIME PWNS
    Years
    i say black there im not a racist no im kidding i dnt know yet maybe white first and the black idnt know to little info but the legendary in white seems cooler i dnt know yet well see

MaikeruS

Umbreon
    Years
    The pokemon black legendary looks alot cooler, but for some reason, the pokemon black mascot is white, and the pokemon white mascot is black O.o

dozo

party hardy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2014
    As of right now, it's gonna be Black. But I'll check into things first and make sure which exclusive crap I want first before truly choosing.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back