• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Black or White: Which will you choose?

Which version will you get?

• Black

Votes: 202 33.7%
  • White

Votes: 186 31.0%
  • I'll wait for the third version.

Votes: 62 10.3%
  • Or I'll just get both!

Votes: 150 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Wow i wish i could so something like that. But isnt it anooying that you have to delete all your legendary's ect..

All hard work is gone, but that doesn't mean I can't obtain them back. Also, trading would be involved if I were to have event Pokémon and other Pokémon/items.

Originally, I had wanted White thinking it would be the one with Reshiram, but that isn't the case anymore since they decided to switch it this generation.

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years

All hard work is gone, but that doesn't mean I can't obtain them back. Also, trading would be involved if I were to have event Pokémon and other Pokémon/items.

Originally, I had wanted White thinking it would be the one with Reshiram, but that isn't the case anymore since they decided to switch it this generation.
    Ah ok, i just couldnt bare having to delete all my precious pokemon. I mean i have had my mewtwo since LG and i am absolutely bringing it over to BW

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Sora's Nobody, you're getting off-topic, stick to discussing why you want Black or White.

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
    Once again i am sorry. It is hard to stay on topic at times. One biggest reason i want white is because it had rankurusu. As i had said to myself before it was revealed that i wanted the game with him in it. I also at somepoint really wanted the game that has Black city. But i was convinced that white forest was so much cooler.

Pandesal

W - Luna! Trigger!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2011
    The only thing that's making me lean towards White right now is the fact that it has Rankurusu. Both legendaries are equally cool to me, but I really like how Rakurusu looks, especially over Gochiruzeru.

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
    The only thing that's making me lean towards White right now is the fact that it has Rankurusu. Both legendaries are equally cool to me, but I really like how Rakurusu looks, especially over Gochiruzeru.
    Yeah i know. Thats one of the reasons im not going for black. The goth thing looks to weird.

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
    Years

im going for black, and then ill trade a gochiruzeru to my brother and he trade me a rankurusu back. after that, i hope ill never see a gochiruzeru again.

Houndoom Shinigami

Ruler of Shinigami
    Years
    I'm probably getting both, then eventually the third one. I do that whenever a new gen comes out, or even updates. (Like HG SS, I got them both) so yeah. And I actually prefer Gochiruzeru more than Rankurusu. Rankurusu looks weird to me somehow.

phantominoid

Darkness Within
    Years
    I will go for black since i love black even thought Reshiram is white, he is fire dragon, thats enough for me

tkallab

Should have been in Dissidia
    Years
    I might actually downlo legally obtain the Japanese Pokémon Burakku when a piracy patc it comes out. Because, you know, you don't need to know Japanese just for a simple metagameless playthrough.

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
    I might actually downlo legally obtain the Japanese Pokémon Burakku when a piracy patc it comes out. Because, you know, you don't need to know Japanese just for a simple metagameless playthrough.
    Well yeah i guess so, but i would still like to be able to understand to some extend what is happening. I mean imagine if you have to talk to someone on some lone route isolated which you are only able to reach if you go to "That guy at the other end of the country" who gies you an HM, which you can only use if you beat the gym at the third part of the country.

tkallab

Should have been in Dissidia
    Years
    That's where walkthroughs come in!
    Anyway, I don't really like the two-year gap between the two original games and the Director's cut version. It's kind of annoying to wait two years for the 'Ultimate Canon'. I'm trying to make it look shorter by playing Japanese during the first year of waiting and English during the second. Problem is, then it needs to be translated... Which may take another year. They better make a spin-off in the meantime.

Sigh... It's funny what I'd do for honey to stay on topic.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
    I'm gonna get Black version because I like Reshiram. I don't understand why Reshiram is the mascot for Black and Zekrom is the mascot for White instead of the other way round.

phantominoid

Darkness Within
    Years
    if they did that, they wont be clear on the box art, but i like it this way, he may be white but he is epic

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
    I'm gonna get Black version because I like Reshiram. I don't understand why Reshiram is the mascot for Black and Zekrom is the mascot for White instead of the other way round.
    Well that is because of the Yin-Yan. Black/White White/Black. And THAT is the reason that Isshu is in Shanghai, booya.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Don't bring the "Where is Isshu?" debate into this thread, just concentrate on why you're getting Black or White.

Lunoon

Even through the wire.
    Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2010
    I'm probably going to end up getting White, but if they make a third one, I'm going to wait for that instead. If they do, what's it going to be named though? Pokemon Gray? D:

StyxFTW

Be reckless
    Years
    Black because it has black city and most the cashiers at my GameStop are African descent and if I got White they would think I'm racist o.o I would probably get the third counterpart (probably going to be called Pokemon Gray) but it will come out like what, two years later?

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
    Black because it has black city and most the cashiers at my GameStop are African descent and if I got White they would think I'm racist o.o I would probably get the third counterpart (probably going to be called Pokemon Gray) but it will come out like what, two years later?
    We'll if they question you are stare at you, just say that you're getting White because Zekrom's in it and he's black

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
    Years
    Pokemon White definetely. Rankurussu, just you wait, YOU WILL BE MINE!!!!

I'll also be getting the third game as well, because it's always way better.(Case in point: Crystal, Emerald, Platinum)

It's kind of unfortunate that I won't be able to go to Black City, and that I won't get cool futuristic cities, but instead be replaced be a stupid forest and stupid towns. But...

RANKURUSSU!!!!!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back