• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Black or White: Which will you choose?

Which version will you get?

• Black

Votes: 202 33.7%
  • White

Votes: 186 31.0%
  • I'll wait for the third version.

Votes: 62 10.3%
  • Or I'll just get both!

Votes: 150 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrsNorrington

Lady Loki
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Fl
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    I ended up preordering Pokemon Black!!! I'm so excited YAY!!!

I will still be buying both in English in spring.

Last edited:

Maxite

Ideas and Insanity
    Years
    For the Japanese, I'm just getting Pokemon Black. I prefer the color (or lack thereof) over White, and I also like the Goth Loli Pokemon in the Black Version.

@MrsNorrington: If you don't know what version you want, you can wait a week or two for more information on the two versions to come out, or you can take a leap of faiiiiiiiiith now and have it sooner.

From what I'm seeing, it looks like Pokemon Black will be the most bought version.

Garringman

Erupting Nightmare
    Years
    I think I'll go with white version mainly because even if I can't get Monmon in white it's obtainable through trade for a Chirune which I also like, but in the end it'll all just matter on the rest of the version exclusives.

Years
    I'll be getting White once it comes out in America, mostly because of Zekrom and White Forest. But what really sucks is that the only exclusive I like in White so far is Yooterri. All the others are kinda suckish... Rankurusu, Futsade.... of course, there's WAY more exclusives than that, but I'm sure most of them won't be all that great, since the version I get almost ALWAYS has the lame exclusives... u_u

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    What are all of the version exclusives other than the legends?

I might decide off the pokemon.

Years
    What are all of the version exclusives other than the legends?

I might decide off the pokemon.

That I know off, Yooterri is in White, Choroneko is in Black, Nageki and Dakegi are probably exclusives (not sure for which), Kurumiru is in Black (boohoo...), Futsade is in White, Monmon is in Black, Churine is in White (but I heard you can trade either one for the opposite in the game), the two fossils Purotooga and Aaken are exclusives, Gochiruzeru is in Black, Rankurusu is in White, I'm pretty sure Chobomaki and Kapurumo are exclusives because them evolving requires for them to be traded for one another, and as we all know, Reshiram is in Black, and Zekrom is in White.

I'm probably wrong on a few being exclusives at all, but there's a possibility. :P

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
    Yeah, I was gonna wait for a list of exclusives before I made my decision, but I just bought Black a couple hours ago, lol. I doubt the fossils are exclusives. You probably have a choice of one or the other. (I hope! :/)

AadmM

I AM THE BRAINWASHAAAA
    Years
    I will have Jap White and Eng black

This.

That I know off, Yooterri is in White, Choroneko is in Black, Nageki and Dakegi are probably exclusives (not sure for which), Kurumiru is in Black (boohoo...), Futsade is in White, Monmon is in Black, Churine is in White (but I heard you can trade either one for the opposite in the game), the two fossils Purotooga and Aaken are exclusives, Gochiruzeru is in Black, Rankurusu is in White, I'm pretty sure Chobomaki and Kapurumo are exclusives because them evolving requires for them to be traded for one another, and as we all know, Reshiram is in Black, and Zekrom is in White.

Well if you're right, that's both good and bad for me. Good in the sense that my english version will have all the guys I'm wanting, bad in the sense that I'll have to wait a little longer to get them D:

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years

I'm probably wrong on a few being exclusives at all, but there's a possibility. :P

Oooh okay. That just makes it harder lol. Because pokemon that I relly like are in different game to each other... :(

I like Kurumiru but when I looked at it's moves..... Weakest thing in the world, move wise.

Soari

Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 26, 2015
    I am going to buy the superior black version, even though I don't like Reshiram that much but it looks way better than the other Digimon rip-off.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I was originally just going to get the English White version, but now I'm also in the process of getting the Japanese Black version. I just couldn't wait haha.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back