• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Black or White: Which will you choose?

Which version will you get?

• Black

Votes: 202 33.7%
  • White

Votes: 186 31.0%
  • I'll wait for the third version.

Votes: 62 10.3%
  • Or I'll just get both!

Votes: 150 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

slyViper

The Loving Wolf
Years
  • I'm more than likely going to snag white because I'm going to be racist against the black version ;D j/k xD But I always pick the pokemon game that gets the least amount of rep, the underdog, so right now signs are pointing to white. AND BLACK IS OVERRATED!

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 23, 2011
    depends on the legendary on the front of the box
    i decide on which ever looks the coolest

Swinoob

... [I am not a talker].
    Years
  • I never really go by the names of the games [except for HeartGold]. I'll just have to see the cover art and version exclusives.

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2014
    I don't know.I'll choose based on the version exclusives and the legendary.I picked SoulSilver because i like Lugia more than Ho-oh.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    I always end up with both (and I've never played a "3rd" game, like Yellow or Platinum), but the first one I play is always the first one - Red, Gold, Ruby, Diamond. Not really sure why, especially considering I preferred the version-exclusive Pokemon in Silver to Gold.

So for the 5th Generation, I'll buy both, but play Black first, and use it as my primary game. Assuming there aren't any major differences between the two that are yet to be revealed.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    I'm more than likely going to snag white because I'm going to be racist against the black version ;D j/k xD But I always pick the pokemon game that gets the least amount of rep, the underdog, so right now signs are pointing to white. AND BLACK IS OVERRATED!

I usually get the 'secondary' version as well. Got LG instead of FR and got Pearl (loved Palkia and pearls are pretty good lookin'.) Like I said I'm still shocked that black is the top dog so far. It would be my first time getting the most popular one since RSE.

Years
  • I'm getting both. I always do. However, for me, the question is which version will be the main one (as well as the first I play). I still haven't decided. I think I'll wait to see what the version mascots are. Usually I decide which to get first based on the mascots.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Insufficient data, but I think White. Because I'ma get a black DSi. x_x

Mew396

World Champion Trainer!
    Years
  • I'll go with Black just because it's my one of my favorite colors. I'll just see how it goes when we get more info on the games.

Nemaru

nah
    Years
  • Well, to be honest, I'm leaning towards black just because it looks cooler and is more my style. But, to make an educated guess, we'll need more information. I mean, we don't even know the versions mascots/how the game differs/which pokemon are available in each, so how can we pick one?

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
  • It all depends on which pokemon are exclusive to each version. I will probably get the 3rd one so I have a chance to get everything new though.

Bloothump

the Sea Fungi Pokemon.
    Years
  • I'm getting both, for the first time. No wait, all 3, haha. However, my priority is White, because its always been that way. I got Blue, Gold, Sapphire, and Pearl. Actually, I'm not sure for the middle gens which is less popular, but nonetheless I always get the ignored version and let my friend get the popular one.

molepeople27

Pumpkin King
    Years
  • Black for sure it's the only (handheld) pokemon game that had ... well... a sense of darkness to it ^___^ i know that sounds pointless but i'm in tune with auras, man

Azzurra

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 3, 2013
    I might buy both versions. They're both similar, and I wouldn't mind mucking around on the other unfinished version once I've finished the complete version I chose to play on first.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back