• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Black or White?

Black or White?

• Total voters

Asrodrig

#1 Meowth fan
    Years
    I'll get one of the two (haven't really decided yet) and I'll get the third game when it comes out as well.

blue

gucci
    Years
    ★ Which game are you getting and why?

Got Pokémon White in Japanese, going to get either Black or White in English the day it comes out :)

★ If you've already gotten one of the games, do you regret getting that one and would prefer getting the other one? Or are you fine with what you have

I'm happy with the game I have but I've stopped playing for any further spoilers.. currently, I prefere the colour White to Black.. :D.

★ If you're getting both, why?

★ Or are you waiting for the third game?

I'm not waiting, but eventually, I'll have all 3 Games :P.

Mikami

Anti-Hero
    Years
    I got both as an emulator for now and plan on getting them when the come out. Reason for both is that I can never choose between them and always got both version and played them almost simultaneously to ensure that both adventures were on point and had a different feel about them. And when the third title, if any, comes out I will be getting that one as well, and that adventure will be completely different from the two and most likely, like all the third versions before it, played with more care and in depth.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
    I'm definitely getting both + the 3rd game when it's out.
    Black& White is too tempting not to get both; And I always love buying the 3rd game to see how much differences it has.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    So, at first, I wanted White badly. Then, I asked my brother what he wanted. He said White.
    Since then, I've been considering Black, as I'll be able to trade stuff with him, and it would be a waste for the both of us to buy the same game. Now, I like Reshiram a lot over Zekrom (mostly of the type), and even though I still prefer Rankurusu over Gochizeru, I'll just get one from my bro' !
    ...and when it comes out, I'll get the third one as well. But for now, I just voted Black.

tobi-ksla

Years
    I'll most likely go get Black Version. Being able to buy rare items will come in handy way more than finding them randomly in the wild.

And I believe there's a way to transfer Pokémon from the 4th Gen to the 5th Gen, so yeah...

Nitronite

You wanted something?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2010
    Definitely white. Cuz it haz Zekrom and it has the White Forest which means more Pokemon! Though on the other hand... Black City might have people giving away stuff. But white has the blue piranha pokemon which looks cooler than the red one.

Jerpy

Give me your cookies...!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2010
    What happened to 'it doesn't matter if your black or white'? >_>

Anyway, I prefer White just because of the Pokemon that you can get in the game that are not in Black.

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2022
    well I already have the Japanese Black, so I will get White version. Zekrom is way cooler than that giant fire chicken of a dragon thing anyway...

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    Well I always get both versions, one a little bit later right after I get the first one (like a month or two later) but I'm getting Pokemon White first because Zekrom is on the cover and I've always thought that he was better than Reshiram just because of the way that it looks. I'm also not too found towards an Fire/Dragon type anyways

:t354:TG

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
    Years
    I imported White because the legendary looked cooler. I'll get Black when it comes out in English. I'll get the third game because it's a Pokemon video game tradition for me.

TJgamer

A Pokémon Poet
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2021
    I voted White.
    Both versions look great, but of course I'm only getting one.

Minun456

Minus
    Years
    I really don't care which one I would get; I like them both equally.
    But if I had to choose, I'd choose White. White is an appealing color to me, not to mention I like Zekrom. Then I'd try to get some money to finish the set; can't have White without Black and Gray.

Back