• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Black or White?

Black or White?

• Total voters

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
    Years
    I'm getting White. I like Zekrom a lot more than Reshiram, and I like being able to catch Pokemon in White Forest that you can only battle in Black City. The version that I've liked the most in every generation has been the most popular one, until now. When the games were first announced I thought White would be the more popular one, so I'm surprised that more people like Black and Reshiram.

Kristine

Pokemon Addict Since 1998
    Years
    I'm going to get Black when it releases in the U.S. mostly because I like Reshiram better than Zekrom, based off of appearance and type. I know I'll get the third game, too, when it comes out, though. :)

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
    Years
    Definitely getting both, as well as the third one when it comes out. (if it's actually got some cool changes)
    I'm probably the world's most indecisive person, so getting both solves my problem, as well as giving me more to do. 8D

Years
    White. I don't know anything about version exclusives, I don't want to know, I just prefer Zekrom, to be quite honest.
    I'll get Gray when it's released, too, even if there's not going to be much differences (but there will be :P).

Weber

Thats Farfetch'd
    Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2013
    im going to get white right away probably wait a month or 6 weeks and then get black as well and ofcourse when the third one comes out i will get it as well. i really like zekrom more but i have a case of gotta catch 'em alls so i will have to get both so i can get them all, and then have the fun of getting the other pokemon from previous versions just to have a full dex, oh boy its going to take a while.

iRyu

Why is he smiling? The Father?
    Years
    I'm getting all three. I've played Black and kind've enjoyed it. There are some random level differences that re slightly hard to overcome... Hopefully the 3rd game will be for the 3DS.

XenoKarp

Workin' for that Lvl. 20
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2011
    I'll officially say that I'm getting all three only when I hear they definitely will make a third installment from the man himself.

But for now, I've already preordered both and I've payed them off. So once release comes around I just have to walk up to the counter and pick them up. I buy every single main-series Pokemon RPG when it comes out, so yeah.

I'll be progressing through White Version as my sister plays Black Version. I've already decided I would go with White, no particular reason why, I just determined I would play White as soon as I heard news of them (which was long before they revealed Rom and Ram or any of the exclusive stuff).

"Hey man, when u gettin' Black Ops??" - thousands of kids at my school who are currently playing Black Ops and want me to get it so I can join in on their zombie killing fest.
    "What no, it's all about Black and White, man." - Me

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2010
    I'll be getting Black. Reason? Because my brother wants White. That's how it always plays out for us. He wants Pearl. Sure, I'll get Diamond. It always works out. We're constantly trading.

Hooh

Only if for a night.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2015
    ★ Which game are you getting and why?
    Black, I always like the underdog Pokemon (Ho-Oh, Reshiram, Raikou) and Zekrom just doesn't appeal to me that much. I like Black's version exclusives better except for the fact that White has Wargle/Washibon.

★ If you've already gotten one of the games, do you regret getting that one
    Haven't got one, I'm patient.

and would prefer getting the other one? Or are you fine with what you have and if so, what makes you prefer that game?
    ★ If you're getting both, why?
    Nope
    ★ Or are you waiting for the third game?
    Nope

ShreyasPokemon

wants battles only...
    Years
    I am most likely to get Black since it has Honchkrow and the other Flyuing/Dark Exclusive. IMO, the Black City looks a lot better than the white forest and stronger pokemon FTW. pokemon > items.

Also, I like Reshiram over Zekrom. But, I like battling Zekrom since for some reason it just seems more powerful. The only part I hate about black is the fact that it has more rotation battles...

XBA

Goth Pokemon FTW.
    Years
    I'm getting both.

But I'm going to get Black first. I like Reshiram more than Zekrom.

But when I get a job next summer and start making my own money, I'm going to buy White.

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2010
    I would like to Pick Pokemon Black, as it's my favorite. but i also prefer Deluxe version of it.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    I like the atmosphere of Soryu City in White, but functionally, Black City seems much more interesting than White Forest.
    Also White got shafted (a little) in regards to Wargle not being 100% exclusive to it, thanks to you-know-who.

This is coming from a guy who got White on release day for the sake of Ranculus.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    Grey

I'll be getting White in English, I wanted White in japanese but I got the wrong one -.-

I like the exclusives better; Zekrom, Seed bby and Wargle :D

Back