• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Black or White?

Black or White?

• Total voters
    Years
    I wanted black. then I wanted white. now I think I want black again :)

...what I've wanted since I first heard of the games was to get the third game. but I can't wait that long :laugh: but... if I get one of the first two I probably won't end up getting the third. :/ ... I'm more confused than I started out being lol. maybe I will get the third game too if there's enough of a difference from the first two. like emerald...I liked emerald compared to ruby/sapphire

MurasakiYugata

Friend of Caterpie
    Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2010
    I'm gonna get White. I just like the pokémon selection in it more. Caterpie, Mismagius, Zekrom.... Much better than their counterparts, IMO.

dithyrambos

PHANTOM girl
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2012
    All three. ALL THREEEEE. They're going to be my ( belated ) Christmas presents. Oh, except [Grey], because it's still another year+ away from being released, so I'm getting the guide/PokeDex with White and Black instead.

$90 without tax, oh yeah BB. That's the minimum of what it takes to be an extreme PokeNerd.

........And then I'm getting [Grey] when that comes out.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I'm getting White. I like Zekrom a lot more than Reshiram, and I like being able to catch Pokemon in White Forest that you can only battle in Black City. The version that I've liked the most in every generation has been the most popular one, until now. When the games were first announced I thought White would be the more popular one, so I'm surprised that more people like Black and Reshiram.
    I actually thought that White was the most famous but looking at the poll you are right Black is more famous...then again it was way more Famous than white even before they showed the Mascots...then White gained some popularity with Zekrom...

Sean

Years
    I'm probably going to end up getting Black first. When I complete the game, if I wasn't sastified, I'll get white. Oh what a waste of money <3

Years
    White! White! White!
    I'm most probably going to get White because of White Forest and some other version exclusive Pokemon. But I still wanted to have Reshiram over Zekrom. :(

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    I will be getting all three versions. Oh, and I have the Japanese versions of both games already. As for the English versions, I might get Black first. Why? Nothing in particular. Then it'll be White.

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2010
    I usually get one of the first two games, then the third game. I'm going for White, then waiting for the third game.

I'm kinda surprised more people want black then white. I think the legend in white looks much better (I get mixed up with the names).

And I'm glad both legends are pretty awesome looking. I was disappointed with Dialga and Palkia tbh.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    When Reshiram and Zekrom were announced my friend and I decided that I would get Black as I prefer Fire Chicken and he would get White as he prefers Generator Dragon. Yet now I'm kind of regretting it. I like Black City as I'm more of a battler than a Pokemon collector but that saying, the version exclusive Pokemon in White, in my opinion, are way better. Wargle I can live without but I wants my Rankurusu!!

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    I am going to get all three xD Eventually... But, I would like to get Black first because I like the look of Reshiram, better than Zekrom.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I'm getting both White and the third version for some reason I seem to get the second and third versions of each odd gen...(I also plan on getting the ruby remake...just how I got Firered in gen 3...)

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2012
    I'll be getting both. I would get one, but the two 3D cities are different, and I want to see both. I'll play Pokémon White first, because I really don't like Reshiram. Zekrom just looks much better.

Back