• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Black or White?

Black or White?

• Total voters

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
  • I was going to orginally buy White but I remeber when I rushed buying Diamond and then Platinum came out and I was like; what the hell? So this time I am not going to let my addiction for pokemon take over. Imma be patient and wait for the third game to be released. Hopefully being tns better than the both of them.

otakulily

Pokemon is okay, I guess.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2014
    Spoiler:

Shroomish/Breloom are actually Black exclusives and Paras/Parasect are White exclusives. A number of sites actually mixed this up when the game was first released. Serebii has the updated info and I can also confirmed this. That being said, I was terribly disappointed when I couldn't catch a Breloom, since I've played White. :s

Anyway, I personally find almost none of the exclusives worthwhile. The only White exclusive I even remotely care about is Zekrom anyway, so White Forest is the most decisive factor for me.

Andrut

Collecting dust since 1898
    Years
  • I got White already in September,a week after the release. I prefer it than Black because of the natural aesthetics,sadly i don't like version exclusives there. >_<
    I don't care Reshiram is rather better than Zekrom. I rather don't like legendaries, especially the ones you HAVE to catch.
    I'm not getting an English BW. I will get the third game when it comes out in English. That would be even more interesting.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • I'm getting White version instead of Black. I was thinking about getting Black for Reshiram(Or however you spell it) but once I checked out Zekrom status and moves, I decided to get White Version instead. I like Zekrom better then Reshiram now.

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
    Years
  • Hmmm, it's a hard choice really. I was planning on getting white, because I thought that Reshiram would of been in it rather than black. x_x Then I changed my mind and decided that I was going to get black for Reshiram. Now seeing version exclusives among other things, I feel I should get both. XDD;

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Hmmm, it's a hard choice really. I was planning on getting white, because I thought that Reshiram would of been in it rather than black. x_x Then I changed my mind and decided that I was going to get black for Reshiram. Now seeing version exclusives among other things, I feel I should get both. XDD;

I have to agree with you on this. Before I knew Zekrom and Reshiram were going to be in opposite games, I originally planned on getting White. Zekrom just seemed a bit too bland for my taste, but still the fierce overall design it has is cool. u_u After knowing they will be in opposite games, I've decided on getting Black. Aside from the version exclusives, I could always trade over from a friend. However since my brother will be getting White, it comes as if technically I'm getting both (as we'll also be switching after completing the game and experiencing everything for a while) but if I were to need something from White, I could just ask him.

So I'd say I'll be getting both, one used by my brother until the switch, and one for me; Pokémon Black being the main one I will use. (:

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2021
    Both. And if there's a third game, I'll most likely be buying that too.

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
  • I am going to start out with Black, and if it is good, I'll get the third one that comes out. I will not really need White, seeing as my sis will be getting it and if I ever need to trade for legendaries, well, I have my source. lol. Black attracts me, although I like the legendary for White better... But the city makes me happy. lol.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    I went for Black because... I like the colour black. No, actually Black sounds more evil, that is the reason. XD

GaXeL

Feraligatr Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2012
    White, I like zekrom more... Though I like black city more... T_T

xMiZx

Lazy Battler
    Years
  • Everyone wants me to get Black because I'm Black. >.> But I'm getting White. Solely because I already have Pokemon Black(J)

Years
  • Lol, MiZ. XD
    I honestly think most people are getting Black, just because it's, well... Black. O_o
    Black, I guess is a more popular color than White. =/

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2020
    Looks like i'll be getting white, seeing as Zekrom and Wargle look awesome :D
    Although black city does look alot better than whites 'forest'...

Krizor

Evil Genius
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2011
    I plan on purchasing both versions on release day, but I'll be playing through White first.

I'll also pick up the third version whenever it's released.

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
  • White, because only it has Wargle, in Black, we get a fugly vulture with horrible stats, while Wargle has excellent stats and looks awesome.....

White has one more thing that Black does not: RANKURUSU!!!!!!

Back